Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic (72638 Views)

“Why Niger Delta Will Vote Buhari For Second Term In 2019” – Richard Kpodoh / Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement / How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Alezy(m): 6:27pm On Jun 01, 2016
coldsummer:
No that is not why they are blowing up their communities. Their communities deteriorated to that level because they keep blowing them up.

and as long as they continue destroying the place with their actions, they will forever be backward
And in ur mind ur ahead abi? since the ND will forever be backward.
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by beautyann(f): 6:32pm On Jun 01, 2016
nedu2000:
I guess maths isn't ur best subject

html14java:

That gworo chewing nepa certificate holder dullard did the maths and statistics and quoted the figure first.
Need i say more Epic reply.lmao
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by jaafree: 6:35pm On Jun 01, 2016
undecided now I can conclude that their brains is full of catarh. So were do they want those building to be built on On top pipelines or on top water Abeg make then vacate from that oil cursed region and stop disturbing our peace jare.
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by MosesNG(m): 6:42pm On Jun 01, 2016
FYB:
And all the money dat was used to develop abuja came from the Niger Delta angry

Monkey d work, Baboon d chop
The dumbest post I've ever read so far.

What happened to the 13% derivative for oil producing states being collected by your state governors

What happened to NDDC established for ND states? Your leaders cornered all the fund allocated to it.

And the normal state allocations too, they squandered it.

You even had a President for 4 years and even he didnt lift a finger to sort out your situation.

Its time Niger Deltans hold their leaders to their responsibilities.

If GEJ himself was still President, he wouldn't still lift a finger for you...
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 01, 2016
some people will not just sit down and try to understand aw tins are done, lagos was definitely not built with ND money, Lagos is home to a large number of investors both local and international, not to talk of the ports we have here and why would you blame the federal govt?, the ND has it own ministry, the NDDC, they have people in the senate, Governors of their states, this people will mine crude oil illegally causing oil spill, take the money oversea to invest, leaving their own back yard. me for one never believe in the agenda of this avengers..... in my opinion they are bunch of anti-buhari wailers.
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by shaqhead: 6:58pm On Jun 01, 2016
olafum1:

Hey Mr sharkhead or so,
Firstly, whatever makes me a son to you is highly questionable.
2nd, so you supported the people in the ND should perish so you can continue to enjoy their oil, why don't u just invade Cameroon because of Bakasi pennisula then?
3rd. Why continuously ask after I've answered you why they r attacking now and not under GEJ. Did any Northern governor or leader ever give a statement the d Fulani herdsmen killing people to be treated as Boko Haram, why is it the ND blowing up pipelines should be equated with those morons? Isn't that marginalization and bigotry of the highest order from the presidency?
4. I agree with u that bad leadership is the ND problem, but isn't that a general problem in Nigeria?

Looking at how polarise the 2015general elections divided Nigerians among ethnic and religious lines, won't it had been wise for the govt to take grandual steps in inclusive governance but instead the PMB govt had continue to drive us apart, 1st from his silence on d Fulani menace who r decimating the south. 2nd, his highly lopsided appointments and thirdly his 97% & 5% remark.

So the problem is actually PMB-caused. Think bro
My problem with what u opined is simply that it is based on sentiments-vain sentiments!
1. Where did u read me "supporting the anihilation" of Niger Deltans? I pray you tell me! I am for rooting out of criminality, whether NDA, BokoHaram or Fulani herdsmen! Of course u cant rule out "collateral damage" in a combat of such nature! You cant carry termite-infested firewood and wont have lizards as visitors!

2. Did I ask you why they were bombing now? Gosh! that was rhetorical! I ddnt even read your response to that.

What has bakasi got to do with subject of discourse...go and read there was international court ruling that ceded bakasi to cameroon!

What is the issue with fulani herdsmen been treated like boko haram when PMB has orderd our security outfits to deal with those criminals jst as he has said the same of the NDA!

Yes, the NDA are economic terrorists and should be treated as such! You can't just wake up and take laws into your hands in. a sovereign state...no govt will fold their hands! You conveniently ignored the part to do with the UNEP report! No wahala!

Folks like you keep askin the govt to engage with the militants but u find it out of place to ask the NDA to ceasefire and so that we can see the govt next step! You support them and shout when i decide to fight back!

3. Yes, there is a leadership deficit in the South-south but how come even with that general bad leadership a place like lagos is developing. How much allocation does lagos get as allocation relative to lets say bayelsa or delta state plus all the other agencies i previously mentioned. If they were performin, we wont be havin this conversation. Why wont folks like you ever ask questions on what is been done with all the money in the region instead you rather choose to salivate at a picture of Lagos state?

You talked about federalism which is quite a good regional development tool but will you agree that a place like lagos "over-reached" itself and is now "operating" with that tool? You dnt believe me? Do you know that Lagos state i think is the only state that can remain viable without federal allocation? Why cant that be replicated in the ND? We have leaders who are deficient of vision! Take it or leave it oil is losing relevance gradually and when the world transits to out of oil, then whats next?

4.Let me tell u my personal position on this, let NDA or whoever wants to join the party continue bombing every single pipeline they can find. You that supports them and I that don't will suffer the consequences. Hope that is fair but remember the elites with fat pockets wont feel a pinch and you know what? The only thing this whole madness MIGHT cost Buhari is the next election. Hope that will make some people sleep well at night.

After that i will like to see how the ND turns to Dubai over night when they are done!

P.S: I am all for dialogue but you cant keep blowing pipelines and you want us to dialogue!

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by perfectgen(m): 7:12pm On Jun 01, 2016
achi4u:
Yes!
The goose that lays the Golden eggs has been neglected for too long.
This is pure hypocrisy. So you can't compare the beautiful places in warri, eket, bonny, ph, akure, yenogoa etc with your pictures of lagos and Abuja. Rather, you posted pictures of creek as if dirty Ajegunle and Bariga are not part of Lagos that your so called golden egg should have developed. So in your mind, that is how the whole of lagos looks like. Please stop this delusion.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by blenko: 7:37pm On Jun 01, 2016
Depite the level of tribalistic comments and hatred being displayed in the forum. We all would agree that Nigeria needs peace rather than war to move forward.Please let's give peace a chance. PMB should dialogue and resolve this problem because in unity only can we stand as a nation.
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Codes151(m): 7:37pm On Jun 01, 2016
I have been saying dis since I join nairaland! People come here and blab without knowing what goes on there! Our place b like ghetto! Nothing! Not even light! Water! Mosquitoes ehhhh
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by leisuretym: 8:36pm On Jun 01, 2016
you posted photo of slaughter market in Trans Amadi, it's the hausa people that are staying in that place, they roast pkomo with tyres in that place! why not post photo of Rainbow town, Golf Estate! dont BOBO us! dont give us BOBO Juice here , we know how your top men in NDDC paid some crook to used truck to scatter the NDDC bridge to enable them re award the contract!
so many project are on ground but all you do is to loot the fund, those structures in Lagos are private property, even lekki bridge is a private property as at then, and the monorail is state government project, Eko Atlantic is a private funded project also, if you keep kidnapping investors, they will keep running away, period!!

those are pics of Amechi project in PH

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by chukuli(m): 8:44pm On Jun 01, 2016
Mztarstrechy:
So why didnt they blow it during GEJ's regime?
ask your dad
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by leisuretym: 8:44pm On Jun 01, 2016
we know how your top men in NDDC paid some crook to used truck to scatter the NDDC bridge to enable them re award the contract!
so many project are on ground but all you do is to loot the fund

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Ugosample(m): 8:53pm On Jun 01, 2016
owalisalvation:
Exactly, dis is de mean reason wy dey are blowing up pipelines.
To secure a job in de region is de hardest deal ever whereas u hv a golden pen beside u to use and make money, thousands of graduates in de region are still insearch of job n migrating from dere oil rich region to places like lagos, abuja n de northern areas to secure job while u hv de merited chance at ur door step but hv bin deprived frm obtaining dat chance rather northerners n oda inferior pple wil takeover u so de ones dat cannot endure dat pain will now use violence to takover wot shld belong to him and DAT is wot going on so far until de six states DAT makes up NigerD are well infrastructured n developed like Lagos n abuja in order for creation of job opportunities to engage de youths in de region will put an end unto dis inheritance occurence if not in ten yrs time anoda group will be formed again. And by den it external bodies may involved inorder to respect justice.

I agreed with your post until you called other Nigerians inferior people.

That was very bad of you
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by judondasylva(m): 9:53pm On Jun 01, 2016
very sad that's why some idiots will come here and start ranting how they collect 13% derivation without considering the development of the place or is it the lagos state government or abuja government that develop these 2 cities? u can't suppress people forever one day they will rise up to challenge the oppression.
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by willibounce1(m): 10:14pm On Jun 01, 2016
angry
MosesNG:
The dumbest post I've ever read so far.

What happened to the 13% derivative for oil producing states being collected by your state governors

What happened to NDDC established for ND states? Your leaders cornered all the fund allocated to it.

And the normal state allocations too, they squandered it.

You even had a President for 4 years and even he didnt lift a finger to sort out your situation.

Its time Niger Deltans hold their leaders to their responsibilities.

If GEJ himself was still President, he wouldn't still lift a finger for you...

None of them idiotas will answer these questions. They are so lazy all the want is free money. The average niger delta youth is not interested in the development of Niger delta, rather they want it to remain what it is so they can always terrorise and claim amnesty. Even if niger delta is made to look like dubai today, they still won't be happy. Free money is all they want. They won't go to school or acquire any skill.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by franchizy(m): 10:15pm On Jun 01, 2016
THEY HAVE STARTED THE STRUGGLE B4 JONATHAN BECAME D PRESIDENT ONLY CALMED THEM A BIT..THE NAME SARO WIWA .DOES IT RING A BELL?..
quote author=Mztarstrechy post=46164356]So why didnt they blow it during GEJ's regime?[/quote]
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by nairamaniac: 10:23pm On Jun 01, 2016
Anyone that takes sides with Niger Deltans due to this reason is a very big foooool.
I am a pure Niger Deltan.

Trillions of naira has been pumped into niger-delta through NDDC alone.

within the past 5 years, NDDC has been given an average of 200billion/year.

Besides NDDC, each Niger delta state 13% derivation from the federal government based on the oil that's produced.

if not for corruption/greed of our leaders we wdnt be were we r today.

our elders states men like Edwin clark and King Turner were bought by the government to keep shut.

even these same bloody militants that are agitating today were very much in on the free-for-all.

the only reason we are hearing their noise now is because buhari is not playing ball like the last ineffectual buffoon and other past leaders.

They want the government to leave the protection of pipelines in their hands.

they are very maaad.

I am willing to suffer if they blow up all our oil, in exchange for their blood.

no man is bigger than our country.

God bless Nigeria!

Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Elliot2(m): 11:04pm On Jun 01, 2016
AlanSugar:

Hmm, judging from your submission, this war should be between your community and your state government. You do know that whatever monies due the communities have been duely paid to the respective state governments don't you? Do you now see why these acts are criminal in nature?
I agree with u that our grievances Shld be channelled towards our state governments, buh de bitter truth is that the system of govt is just too corrupt that no single individual or group can fight them. U can't fight the state which would easily brand u as hoodlums, even if u go legally, it's easier for them to dismiss u. dis system of govt is lyk a cult, cult ring whereby politicians both in fg n state. Methink we Shld change dis system to true federalism, so that de pipo kuld b closer to d govt, dat way it's easier to hold dem accountable.
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Elliot2(m): 11:18pm On Jun 01, 2016
AreaFada2:

Every part of 9ja will be better without oil.

Every part has comparative advantage in one area or the other.

But we all currently sit down waiting for oil money.

We have to restructure seriously & innovate.
dat is just de way it is, de truth. everybody wants oyel money.
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by soulhacker: 11:40pm On Jun 01, 2016
Mztarstrechy:
because goodluck didn't call them 5percent, goodluck didn't truncate amnesty given to them by past adminstrations . my people say that you don't use anger n might to slap a mosquito that perches on ur balls
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by bejeria101(m): 2:57am On Jun 02, 2016
Alezy:
if i tell u one word, it might lead to something different

Let me help,he is a wailing zombie lol
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Nobody: 6:12am On Jun 02, 2016
Mztarstrechy:

Because government was paying(compensating) them with money then,which held them back to some extent
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by hmohammed(m): 6:57am On Jun 02, 2016
olafum1:

They were not much marginalized in appointments & likes or regarded as 5% under GEJ.

Imagine some northern leaders along side pmb vowing to give them the Boko Haram treatment when only it is pipelines they are blowing up, and at the same time they all are denying the ethnicity of the Fulani terrorists, who is maiming & taking lives in a gruesome manner in the south.

So it's d govt that shot herself in the leg sad. To me, one live is more significant to all the pipelines in Nigeria.

Mind you, what they are clamouring for now, is more of federalism. Let them have d larger stake over their resources. That's all. This northerners have 98% stake in their resources and are still calling for their death, using the boyscout military who specializes in terrorizing civilians. Isn't that another form of modern day slavery and savagery?

Nigeria is ripe enough for federalism... The govt needs to act fast, smart and wise to tackle this root cause, so that the country can remain as ONE. enough of military bragadro over there, it will fail, Obasanjo tried it and failed but Yaradua nailed it.

Yaradua, my Hero.

Have we all at a point tought that at a point in Nigeria, the North earned forex through d sale of oil and they did not make this silly demands of breaking away from Nigeria
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by teamchocolate: 1:04pm On Jun 02, 2016
vivalavida:
If this is the case,no one can blame them.
How can resources in your area be used to make other places look like heaven while the region that brings forth the resources look like hell
That is injustice

They shud ask their leaders what they use their resource allocations for
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Abagworo(m): 8:55pm On Jun 03, 2016
Mztarstrechy:
A Twitter user shared the pics above and wrote......

'Could this be why @Niger Delta Avengers are blowing pipelines or are there more to it than they claim?

This thread is very biased in analogy and makes no sense if I may say. How could you post a picture of the best of Lagos and Abuja then add a slum in Niger Delta. You should use Nyanya and Makoko. I am from Northern fringe of Niger Delta and I can boast authoritatively that no village or completely indigenous settlement is as planned, organised and well built like mine. Many indigenous settlements in Niger Delta are among the best in Nigeria till date. Even in the core of Niger Delta we have places like Abonema, Buguma, Bonny etc. that are beautiful sites to behold.

I was placed on ban during the peak of this thread.
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Abagworo(m): 9:10pm On Jun 03, 2016
This is more like it

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Godsday P. ORUBEBE Congratulate GMB (pix) / Emir Sanusi Rides She-Camel - see pix / Adeleke Sacks 12,000 Workers, Dethrones Three Monarchs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.