Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,371 members, 7,829,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

If I Was President, I Would Invest Billions In Niger Delta – Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If I Was President, I Would Invest Billions In Niger Delta – Atiku (1814 Views)

Senator Adeola Denies Ownership Of Discovered Billions In Osborne Tower / Dambazau Owns Real Estate In The US, Billions In Abuja - Sahara Reporters / Looters Hide Billions In Farms – Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If I Was President, I Would Invest Billions In Niger Delta – Atiku by VillageParrot: 12:04pm On Jun 01, 2016
Former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar on Tuesday urged Nigerians to give President Muhammadu Buhari a “pass mark’’ for his efforts in the first year of his administration.

He made the call in Abuja at the launch of a book titled “We Are All Biafrans’’ written by Chido Onumah.

According to Atiku, who was chairman at the occasion, of the five areas the Buhari administration pledged to face, he has accomplished two and should be encouraged.

“He promised to look into issues like power, insurgency, unemployment, corruption and diversification and if you are to take two out of five, you can give him a pass mark.

“He has dealt with corruption and with Boko Haram. For power, give him time,’’ he said.

Atiku said that power supply issue was complex, adding that unless the Niger Delta issue was resolved Nigeria may not get electricity soon.

“I think the Niger Delta should be handled with a stick and carrot approach. In 2007, before I ran for president, I met with various stakeholders on the Niger Delta issue and they came up with a policy.

“Part of the recommendations was that the ministry be moved to the Niger Delta and not Abuja. We have had administrations that did not do their homework on the Niger Delta.

“If I had won, I would have sold 10 per cent shares in the NNPC; that will give me 20 billion dollars which would build infrastructure for the Niger delta but we will always end up with accidental leadership.

“Bring peace and development to the Niger Delta then they will stop blowing up pipelines. Then, we will get gas and then power can be stable but until then, we will not get it.’’

Other recommendations he gave for a better Nigeria were “a smaller, leaner Federal Government with reduced responsibilities. This means devolution of powers and resources to states and local governments.

“State and local governments should control education, health, agriculture, roads and other infrastructure.

“A true federal system will allow the federating states to keep their resources while the Federal Government retains the power of taxation and regulatory authority over standards.

“The result will be a political and governmental system that empowers local authorities and gives them greater autonomy to address peculiar local issues, while enhancing accountability and contributing to the general good of the country.

“Such a robust federal system will reduce the tensions that are built into our current over-centralized system,’’ he said.

The former vice president also preached autonomy for states, a tax-centred revenue base, enhanced, diversified economic activities and productivity in order to enlarge their tax bases.

He also proposed an end to the indigene-settler dichotomy, the creation of a state police to complement the federal police and help in the fight against crime.

He called for a restructuring of the country, saying “Nigeria is not working as well as it should and part of the reason is the way we have structured our country and governance, especially since the late 1960s.

“The Federal Government is too big and too powerful relative to the federating states. That situation needs to change and calling for that change is patriotic.

“We must refrain from the habit of assuming that anyone calling for the restructuring of our federation is working for the break-up of the country.

“An excessively powerful centre does not equate with national unity. If anything, it has made our unity more fragile, our government more unstable and our country more unsafe.’’

Read more: http://www.signalng.com/president-invest-billions-niger-delta-atiku/
Re: If I Was President, I Would Invest Billions In Niger Delta – Atiku by ikbnice(m): 12:06pm On Jun 01, 2016
easier said than done.

1 Like

Re: If I Was President, I Would Invest Billions In Niger Delta – Atiku by mazimee(m): 12:06pm On Jun 01, 2016
If it is left for me, Atiku and his likes will not be taken seriously when National interest of this country is being discussed. That was how Buhari started his own, using format code. Today Those that voted him from north to South, East to West are yet to recover from the shock. I sight you Mr Atiku, I equally sight your ambition.
Take Atiku's words serious at your own peril. Nigga watering the soil for his ambition.

4 Likes

Re: If I Was President, I Would Invest Billions In Niger Delta – Atiku by nike4love: 12:07pm On Jun 01, 2016
Yet another promise....
These guys really thinks nigerians re foolish....
Assuming Gej won the last election
There response would have been.....

PMB: I would have made nigeria to look exactly like dubai in my first year in office....
Fashola: we would have fix electricity problem within six months if we had won....
Ngige: we would have paid the unemployed youth by now.....
Kachikwu; fuel would have been sold N10 in our govt....
LAI mohammed: there would have been no unemployment ......
El rufai: no single civilian would have died bec of insecurity.....

And there supporter would be having fake fantasy on things that can never be....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If I Was President, I Would Invest Billions In Niger Delta – Atiku by todayboy: 12:08pm On Jun 01, 2016
2019 campaign don start
Buhari Fulani use Yoruba to win president 2015
Atiku wants to use the igbos and Niger delta to win 2019
All hail the emperors from the north
We are watching

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I Was President, I Would Invest Billions In Niger Delta – Atiku by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 01, 2016
undecided
Re: If I Was President, I Would Invest Billions In Niger Delta – Atiku by Goke7: 12:12pm On Jun 01, 2016
Atiku stop promising what you can never deliver o, I hope my ss and se brothers won't be fooled again.
Re: If I Was President, I Would Invest Billions In Niger Delta – Atiku by yungbillionaire(m): 12:14pm On Jun 01, 2016
Mehn I blame all dis nonsense on d British who sold our Nigeria to d Northerners(actually prime minister Tafawa Belewa) all in d bid to still have some level of control after independence.... Now dis folks feel like dey are the ones dat will continue to rule us... Its quite sad

Pls superlanders show some love to your very own youngbillionaire.... I'm plus one today and I Thank God Almighty

1 Like

Re: If I Was President, I Would Invest Billions In Niger Delta – Atiku by ckmayoca: 12:14pm On Jun 01, 2016
Marketing strategy.
Re: If I Was President, I Would Invest Billions In Niger Delta – Atiku by sebod(m): 12:15pm On Jun 01, 2016
Atiku of all people? Make him the president today and see all the points raised dissappear into the thin air. Anybody can talk!

1 Like

Re: If I Was President, I Would Invest Billions In Niger Delta – Atiku by venril(m): 12:16pm On Jun 01, 2016
The man just dey yarn nah sense... We just dey wait for 2019.
Re: If I Was President, I Would Invest Billions In Niger Delta – Atiku by BossKratos: 12:16pm On Jun 01, 2016
angry

When this confused old man was vice president for 8 solid years why did he not advice his fellow confused president partner?

Naija leaders only develop ideas when they are no longer in power! Atiku needs to shut the _fuck up!

1 Like

Re: If I Was President, I Would Invest Billions In Niger Delta – Atiku by bender79: 12:17pm On Jun 01, 2016
Atiku's assets in Niger delta are in great danger..I can understand
Re: If I Was President, I Would Invest Billions In Niger Delta – Atiku by AngryNigerian(m): 12:20pm On Jun 01, 2016
Hmmm...Atiku! Atilu!! Atiku!!! How many times...
Re: If I Was President, I Would Invest Billions In Niger Delta – Atiku by tsdarkside(m): 12:23pm On Jun 01, 2016
mbanu....so that those pin-heads can destroy them again??.....no,thank youuuu!!...
Re: If I Was President, I Would Invest Billions In Niger Delta – Atiku by yungbillionaire(m): 12:24pm On Jun 01, 2016
A wise man said politicians think of d next election while leaders think of d next generation.... How can atiku be planning his election from now all in d bid to claim power and I categorically state it--with no plans what so ever for d younger generations, dese poliTHIEFcians are all the same.... I only pray dat very soon d wise ones in dis country both young and old will rise up so all dese voices of fools we have in dis country will be silenced.

#irestmycase Happy Birthday to Me.

2 Likes

Re: If I Was President, I Would Invest Billions In Niger Delta – Atiku by hucienda: 12:26pm On Jun 01, 2016
hehehe... Atiku dey indirectly critique Buhari.. but what he's saying is the obvious cue those currently holding the state financially to ransom
Re: If I Was President, I Would Invest Billions In Niger Delta – Atiku by golddust6000(m): 12:28pm On Jun 01, 2016
Since NDA gave atiku automatum, the guy come dey support naija delta now! Lol
Re: If I Was President, I Would Invest Billions In Niger Delta – Atiku by Abeymills(m): 12:32pm On Jun 01, 2016
Atiku is far better than bubuhari
Re: If I Was President, I Would Invest Billions In Niger Delta – Atiku by simpleseyi: 12:35pm On Jun 01, 2016
Dear Mr Atiku is the Lagos to Calabar rail line an investment in North West? I think you are drunk and if in your drunk state you are dreaming of becoming Nigeria's president, better wake up from your dream because you shall never ever become Nigeria's president. Mr Atiku, can you tell us how much you and Obasanjo invested in the region in your eight years of wastage and regret? Oh! I can remember, you sent soldiers to kill all living things in Odi village. Even Obasanjo who happens to be Nigeria's most stupid man even calls you a thief and a rouge. Now tell, why should I take you serious?

1 Like

Re: If I Was President, I Would Invest Billions In Niger Delta – Atiku by AhmadMind: 12:36pm On Jun 01, 2016

K...... 2019 Loading as expected....

Atiku has indirectly said PMB failed but out of PITY we should give him "PASSMARK".... Bc of course BH and Corruption still exist!

Atiku has said... "If I had WON".....Dear Lord he is saying "Lmao why didn't you vote for me instead"

Atiku is Promising "Federalism, Leaner Government etc"

Ezekwesili has transferred her Hopes for V.P. slot to Atiku Campaign and completely ABANDONED the Failed BBOG Campaign Route!

Re: If I Was President, I Would Invest Billions In Niger Delta – Atiku by Omonigeriarere: 12:40pm On Jun 01, 2016
Politicians and empty promises

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I Was President, I Would Invest Billions In Niger Delta – Atiku by vikacydevato(m): 12:54pm On Jun 01, 2016
This is how they have been promising and failing.
Re: If I Was President, I Would Invest Billions In Niger Delta – Atiku by STPEACE10: 1:06pm On Jun 01, 2016
this same old folks,
Re: If I Was President, I Would Invest Billions In Niger Delta – Atiku by Amberon11: 1:19pm On Jun 01, 2016
h
Re: If I Was President, I Would Invest Billions In Niger Delta – Atiku by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 01, 2016
Political prostitute

You will not have the change to rule this country again.

All these yarn this days na for 2019. We know that, so keep your peace.

1 Like

Re: If I Was President, I Would Invest Billions In Niger Delta – Atiku by gebest: 2:25pm On Jun 01, 2016
u can never be president of nigeria, u hear.
Re: If I Was President, I Would Invest Billions In Niger Delta – Atiku by 989900: 2:32pm On Jun 01, 2016
“If I had won, I would have sold 10 per cent shares in the NNPC; that will give me 20 billion dollars which would build infrastructure for the Niger delta but we will always end up with accidental leadership.

What have they done so far with all the monies they've gotten?

The Timi Alaibe-led Financial Management Committee set up by Bayelsa State Governor, Mr. Henry Seriake Dickson, to look into the finances of the state during the administration of former governor of the state, Timipre Sylva, Monday submitted its report, disclosing how N660 billion which accrued to the state was squandered in five years, with a liability of over N200 billion to contend with.

The above is just for Bayelsa alone -- excluding funds for amnesty, ND ministry, funds from oil companies, and other funds, infrastructure,and goodwill.
Re: If I Was President, I Would Invest Billions In Niger Delta – Atiku by idensko(m): 3:08pm On Jun 01, 2016
Gud
Re: If I Was President, I Would Invest Billions In Niger Delta – Atiku by Volksfuhrer(m): 3:08pm On Jun 01, 2016
An Atiku presidency would be worse than that of the ineffectual B.ffoon. Atiku is much too corrupt to be president! Everything he said up there is playing to the gallery. Isn't it ironic that the people who benefited immensely from the structure that skewed extreme wealth in their coffers are now blithely condemning same for political mileage? I find it particularly obscene that Atiku could see opportunity to rebrand his politics in the face of disturbing events currently in the Niger Delta! Who does that...except the bland?

In any case, what is new about "investing billions in the Niger Delta?" After all, NDDC and The Niger Delta Ministry have been doing this for years! Atiku should stop insulting us with platitudes and shift well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If I Was President, I Would Invest Billions In Niger Delta – Atiku by omenka(m): 3:20pm On Jun 01, 2016
When I said he was trying to warm himself up to a particular section of voters on the other thread regarding his "true federalism" statement, they laughed at me- now it has become clearer.

Too many political novices on the forum- just too damn emotional to analyse events dispassionately.

1 Like

Re: If I Was President, I Would Invest Billions In Niger Delta – Atiku by biggie73(m): 3:40pm On Jun 01, 2016
Atiku's presidential bid failed for a reason. It is easier said than done.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari's Corruption Fight In Picture By Mike Asukwo / Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan To Be Reinstated Into Power? / Poroye, Others Seek Disbandment Of Fresh A'court Panel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.