Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today (49008 Views)

How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency / A Man Was Duped This Morning In Ikeja, Lagos / How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by SmithHumble50: 8:57pm On Jun 01, 2016
Chai
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by tammie24: 9:00pm On Jun 01, 2016
@op don't let it bother

Better opportunities will come your way

Count it as a learning experience
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by hpk(m): 9:09pm On Jun 01, 2016
OP you jonze gann!!!
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Ambassadors: 9:09pm On Jun 01, 2016
Been long I have heard good news from Port Harcourt via nairaland, is anything the matter?
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by SKAMM(m): 9:10pm On Jun 01, 2016
OP sorry for your loss. You should have known that your method of transaction had loopholes na. Anyway I hope that guy pays for what he has done to you one way or another. By the way, find an alternative way of delivering your goods.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by justwise(m): 9:14pm On Jun 01, 2016

4 Likes

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Chuksemi(m): 9:16pm On Jun 01, 2016
Op, report your case to the police. Get a police man and a warrant, go to any Mtn office close to you. With the sim registration stuff, tracking him shouldn't be hard. This might end up costing you more than the amount duped. You can follow this legal process if what you seek is revenge or better still, justice.

You can also flood the media with his pictures, mail Linda, Bella, Stella, Naijasinglegirl and any popular blogger you know. If you don't catch him, damage whatever reputation he has a left. A family member is bound to come across the news. And believe me, bad news spread like Ebola.

You can also forgive, to pull the above off, you need a substantial amount of vengeful emotional feeling. If you don't have the motivation to do it. Move on...

3 Likes

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by femi4: 9:16pm On Jun 01, 2016
deeswagger:
Nairalander, please come to my rescue o... I am an entrepreneur who has tried his hands out on many things, from owning a Laundry, to having a mobile car wash, but as faith will have it, i found myself in this line of work, selling fashion items. I dont believe in staying idle but as faith will have it, this young man has duped me of my hard earned money... I had to tag along with a friend to prepare barbeque at a party to get my first capital, i seriously believed in this project of mine hence my willingness to struggle on when things seems tight at times

It all started some few weeks back, i placed an advert for some of my items on facebook, hoping to get people interested in my products, but as faith will have it, out of all the good Nigerians i met, a very bad one also came my way... He called himself Victor Adokiye which i believe is an alias now with phone numbers 07085661278 and 08080383516 which he used in contacting me... he sent me a message on whatsapp saying he wanted a shoe, which i shipped to him in Port harcout through Agofure and i told him to go to their waterline park to pick up 2 days later. on the morning of the 3rd day, he called me and told me he was on his way to pick up the item which was worth 29,000. I told him to call me when he gets to the park so i could talk to the person in charge to let him see the shoe, try it out if it was his size, then release it to him when i tell him to release it. My mistake was trusting him cause never in my wildest dream did i believe i would be cheated of my hard earned money and sweat. all this while, i didnt know he was with his friend, passing him off as the person in charge at Agofure, along the line during my dialogue with his friend whom i was made to believe is a staff of Agofure asked me for the waybill number so he could check for the item which i innocently gave him. he called me later and told me that the shoe wasnt his size, and i told him to drop it that i will find a way to get it back to Lagos. unknowingly, i didnt know he had gone behind my back to collect the shoe at Agofure. my thought was that my instruction was clear to the person i spoke with, never to release the parcel without my consent.

Two days later he sent me a message, telling me he has a friend who was willing to buy the shoe, that the shoe was initially meant for one of his friends, that the other friend had decided to pick it up, i was happy cause i needed the money to settle some debts i owed... i was thankful to God, for i believed he had answered my prayers... he now asked me to send another, a size 42 for him personally, that he was going to pay for both when it came, i stupidly went to Agofure to send another, not knowing he was a fraud, and he had picked the first shoe. today, he used his friend again to impersonate the Agofure staff. i didnt know cause i thought i was dealing with an upright Nigerian, he told me he was going to the bank to pay and he will let me know when he does the transaction, then he will go back to Agofure to pick up after payment... Later in the afternoon, he told me he had made payment, i told him to send pictures of the teller to me so i can confirm he truly paid but i noticed he stopped picking his calls and he stopped reading his whatsapp messages, i started to suspect him, but before i could get their number at Agofure to report the case, the deed had been done... he had picked the other shoe both worth 58,000 naira... i am depressed right now and maybe just maybe, he might have put me out of business, but i feel it is important to share my story and i would love every young and old persons out there to learn from my mistake no one knows it all, i have made mistakes and i have paid for them dearly, but i know anywhere the man is, he will know no peace and if i am lucky to catch him with the help of anybody reading this, lynching him will be the least of his worries...

please nairalanders, i appeal to you all to help me get justice any way you can be of help will be greatly appreciated. i know my money is gone and i might never get the chance to realize the goals i set for myself, but catching this thief will be the greatest gift i can ever get... If there is any help anyone can render in helping me catch this thief, i will gladly appreciate it...

You are just superdull, sending goods without confirming payment. You need to come down to Otigba in computer village and let those boys turn you to panaSHARP

2 Likes

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Trendy247: 9:16pm On Jun 01, 2016
Wat I got from fb

1 Like

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by saintdennis(m): 9:17pm On Jun 01, 2016
deeswagger:
Nairalander, please come to my rescue o... I am an entrepreneur who has tried his hands out on many things, from owning a Laundry, to having a mobile car wash, but as faith will have it, i found myself in this line of work, selling fashion items. I dont believe in staying idle but as faith will have it, this young man has duped me of my hard earned money... I had to tag along with a friend to prepare barbeque at a party to get my first capital, i seriously believed in this project of mine hence my willingness to struggle on when things seems tight at times

It all started some few weeks back, i placed an advert for some of my items on facebook, hoping to get people interested in my products, but as faith will have it, out of all the good Nigerians i met, a very bad one also came my way... He called himself Victor Adokiye which i believe is an alias now with phone numbers 07085661278 and 08080383516 which he used in contacting me... he sent me a message on whatsapp saying he wanted a shoe, which i shipped to him in Port harcout through Agofure and i told him to go to their waterline park to pick up 2 days later. on the morning of the 3rd day, he called me and told me he was on his way to pick up the item which was worth 29,000. I told him to call me when he gets to the park so i could talk to the person in charge to let him see the shoe, try it out if it was his size, then release it to him when i tell him to release it. My mistake was trusting him cause never in my wildest dream did i believe i would be cheated of my hard earned money and sweat. all this while, i didnt know he was with his friend, passing him off as the person in charge at Agofure, along the line during my dialogue with his friend whom i was made to believe is a staff of Agofure asked me for the waybill number so he could check for the item which i innocently gave him. he called me later and told me that the shoe wasnt his size, and i told him to drop it that i will find a way to get it back to Lagos. unknowingly, i didnt know he had gone behind my back to collect the shoe at Agofure. my thought was that my instruction was clear to the person i spoke with, never to release the parcel without my consent.

Two days later he sent me a message, telling me he has a friend who was willing to buy the shoe, that the shoe was initially meant for one of his friends, that the other friend had decided to pick it up, i was happy cause i needed the money to settle some debts i owed... i was thankful to God, for i believed he had answered my prayers... he now asked me to send another, a size 42 for him personally, that he was going to pay for both when it came, i stupidly went to Agofure to send another, not knowing he was a fraud, and he had picked the first shoe. today, he used his friend again to impersonate the Agofure staff. i didnt know cause i thought i was dealing with an upright Nigerian, he told me he was going to the bank to pay and he will let me know when he does the transaction, then he will go back to Agofure to pick up after payment... Later in the afternoon, he told me he had made payment, i told him to send pictures of the teller to me so i can confirm he truly paid but i noticed he stopped picking his calls and he stopped reading his whatsapp messages, i started to suspect him, but before i could get their number at Agofure to report the case, the deed had been done... he had picked the other shoe both worth 58,000 naira... i am depressed right now and maybe just maybe, he might have put me out of business, but i feel it is important to share my story and i would love every young and old persons out there to learn from my mistake no one knows it all, i have made mistakes and i have paid for them dearly, but i know anywhere the man is, he will know no peace and if i am lucky to catch him with the help of anybody reading this, lynching him will be the least of his worries...

please nairalanders, i appeal to you all to help me get justice any way you can be of help will be greatly appreciated. i know my money is gone and i might never get the chance to realize the goals i set for myself, but catching this thief will be the greatest gift i can ever get... If there is any help anyone can render in helping me catch this thief, i will gladly appreciate it...

Tracked his FB profile... seems like a legit profile. Are you sure this isn't just a misunderstanding?

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by femi4: 9:18pm On Jun 01, 2016
Trendy247:
Wat I got from fb
Stop deceiving yourself, people in such biz don't always use their real identity

2 Likes

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by aboyaji(m): 9:19pm On Jun 01, 2016
Here's his picture

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by greggng: 9:21pm On Jun 01, 2016
You deserve no pity at all.when they ask someone of u to be streetwise you won't but u will term it 419. You need to learn their ways so that you don't fall into cheap scam. Today I wanted to sell a phone on olx and someone contacted me and I gave him a meeting place which was a zenith bank close to me but the buyer refused to come over theiir but he prefers we meet at egbeda market. That was a red flag cos he could ve his gang rob me my valuable or even pay and send some people to rob me of the cash meanwhile he would ve gotten the phone. Wisdom is important. A real person would ve accepted to meet up at the bank instead of a market place. People like u for hurriedly gone to egbeda instead of a more safer place

3 Likes

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Princepoint(m): 9:21pm On Jun 01, 2016
eya sorry i would not blame u because u re trying to help ur self i hope u ave learn from ur mistake don't trust anybody doing tranactions
One transaction is the best

I hate inter state transaction
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by diva90: 9:23pm On Jun 01, 2016
These are the days of scams! Pple need to be really careful! Too many desperate broke people out there

1 Like

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Freeezzz(m): 9:23pm On Jun 01, 2016
I'm sorry but I thought we used to have guys police, network provider, and guys that can help this brother out. I can like 4-5years ago when a Nairalander mini import guy duped another Nairalander, people turned up- I can remember a guy from gtb released the accused account details and many guys from different sectors and connections (Nairalanders ooo) rose up and justice was done. So please and please, for the sake of this Community, Nairaland, kindly help this fellow if you can. cool

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by sheilak: 9:24pm On Jun 01, 2016
SHARRAP!

Seeeeeeee:
He sent the first shoe he need's to get an alert or the first shoe is returned to him before he could send another, if he was duped only the first shoe which he said cost about 29,000 naira then i won't worry about his intelligence, what made him to send another item making the total 58,000 naira to someone you have not met before? As for you people here that will read your comment will know you're just plain stupid, intellectually dull and short-sighted.

3 Likes

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by worlexy(m): 9:24pm On Jun 01, 2016
deeswagger:

Which one be "as faith will have it" that you kept saying na. It's annoying considering the fact that you're even getting it wrong. it's "fate" not "faith". Sorry for your loss anyways, that's Nigeria for you where you cant even trust your blood brother, it cost me N2 million of my hard earned money to learn that bitter lesson.

5 Likes

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 01, 2016
as faith may have it .....lol

2 Likes

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by sheilak: 9:26pm On Jun 01, 2016
You are superstvp**
femi4:
You are just superdull, sending goods without confirming payment. You need to come down to Otigba in computer village and let those boys turn you to panaSHARP
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Ugoeze2016: 9:27pm On Jun 01, 2016
Sorry dear, I have a feeling that the guy is on nairaland and reading this or will see the post later.
As suggested by one.... you can post on zokija as well.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by jombosolomon(m): 9:27pm On Jun 01, 2016
Sorry bro.But you can get the guy with the help of Agofre. Take time to come to PH or send somebody you know to go to Agofre with the Waybill number.They can trace his real name, address and phone number too.To get him is easy if you are in PH.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by UkanirehMkpongke: 9:28pm On Jun 01, 2016
Sorry bro, but since u have his phone number , u can use that to trace him with a beautiful lady, he can be easily arrested.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by femi4: 9:29pm On Jun 01, 2016
sheilak:
You are superstvp**
fear no go allow you type am full....Omugo!
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by muller101(m): 9:29pm On Jun 01, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
Hmmm i doubt if you stay in Lagos... Lagos guy's are damm smart.
not all bro.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Ladycloud(f): 9:30pm On Jun 01, 2016
RedCapChief:
Later in life, the person that duped OP will come and wail that his business is flopping and he can't impregnate his wife.

Na this kind thing dey cause am

lol angry grin

1 Like

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Ugoeze2016: 9:31pm On Jun 01, 2016
ofesko121:
as faith may have it .....lol

I couldn't help but laugh out loud. I thought the guy's name is faith
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Greenback: 9:33pm On Jun 01, 2016
Sorry for ur ordeal buh be careful,ph boys are cultists and dangerous..
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by sheilak: 9:33pm On Jun 01, 2016
Mo sin e je

femi4:
fear no go allow you type am full....Omugo!
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by rexericx(m): 9:33pm On Jun 01, 2016
I av done dis before, always try to sell to nairalanders[color=#990000][/color] most of us av integrity, I allowed a nairanlander to go with my goods all the way to Abuja, By his grace the guy kept to his words, he credited me the next day .God bless you skyface00 for not letting me down

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by royalbeauty(f): 9:37pm On Jun 01, 2016
NIGERIANS ARE TRUELY FANTASTICALLY CORRUP

2 Likes

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by royalbeauty(f): 9:37pm On Jun 01, 2016
NIGERIANS ARE TRUELY FANTASTICALLY CORRUPT

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) / Naira Rebounds As Banks Offload Excess Dollars / Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.