Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,252 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today (49004 Views)

How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency / A Man Was Duped This Morning In Ikeja, Lagos / How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Nobody: 6:48am On Jun 02, 2016
greenhulk:

What gives u the assurance he is the guy. There are lots of fake Facebook acct. I've see lots of boys using omotola jalade and genevive's fake Facebook profiles.

I confirmed it with sometin. Its trust me
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by henchmark: 6:58am On Jun 02, 2016
Chuksemi:
Op, report your case to the police. Get a police man and a warrant, go to any Mtn office close to you. With the sim registration stuff, tracking him shouldn't be hard. This might end up costing you more than the amount duped. You can follow this legal process if what you seek is revenge or better still, justice.

You can also flood the media with his pictures, mail Linda, Bella, Stella, Naijasinglegirl and any popular blogger you know. If you don't catch him, damage whatever reputation he has a left. A family member is bound to come across the news. And believe me, bad news spread like Ebola.

You can also forgive, to pull the above off, you need a substantial amount of vengeful emotional feeling. If you don't have the motivation to do it. Move on...

you have a point but that SIM card may not have the required details, besides when you look at how much is involved you will lose hope. our authorities and agents may not bulge without money, just accept your loss , move on and be more careful, some animals are ready to scam you N500 , and they will think they are smart.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by christiscomin: 7:15am On Jun 02, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
Hmmm i doubt if you stay in Lagos... Lagos guy's are damm smart.

It doesn't mean, anywhere you stay Lagos or Abuja, Satan lives there. I lost my result to an Igbo guy same way, my fiancee gave to him thinking he will deliver to me at the bus stop, till date he never pick is calls. Since that day i have a different view of Igbo guys.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by christiscomin: 7:21am On Jun 02, 2016
Please put his pics on facebook and twitter (and tag gidi traffic) , i bet you in 2 days he will contact you.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by teemy(m): 7:34am On Jun 02, 2016
deeswagger I found your guy but are sure he is the one you are looking for because he does not seem to be hiding.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by oluwafreshkid(m): 7:41am On Jun 02, 2016
deeswagger:

bro, i thought the shoe was still with them at agofure i never knew he had picked it up, i was just informed he had picked it up yesterday, when i told them i felt something was fishy about the whole process
I'm sorry about your loss. Agofure should be made to explain their role in the fraud! You gave an express order to the driver not to release the goods without confirmation from you and he disobeyed. Involve the police...they are nice (when they choose to be), they'll help you out
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by missKiffy(f): 7:55am On Jun 02, 2016
EBK2:

Sorry to hear your story.
I am happy to help. Send me you bank account number and I will send N58k to you. All the best in your endeavours.
But there is a condition, if I send the money to you. It will show my name. Please don't disclose my name in this forum or any forum.
Thanks
Wow, ur really ready to do that, good one
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by whiteboyswag: 7:58am On Jun 02, 2016
I hate these nonsense young men do. It's really giving sincere younge Nigerians bad names. Pls nairalanders shld stop saying it's a small money to follow up, evil is evil no matter how small. He will be found if ppl in nl dat resides in ph want to genuinely help, his face is conspicuous.

1 Like

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by ogmask: 8:14am On Jun 02, 2016
tiwiex:

You guys are posting pictures of an innocent ma. Una be police?

Have you been following the story or you are a mid joiner.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by teemy(m): 8:20am On Jun 02, 2016
deeswagger furthermore his email search provided his google plus account https://plus.google.com/107680380392201411243/about giving his name as Adokiye Omuaru and phone number as 07776671049.

His mentioning of studying overseas Liverpool John Moores University has been consistent in all his pages.

His name provided
his twitter account https://twitter.com/PantanaDokus/media
vk account http://vk.com/id192897048 and skype adokiye811
facebook account https://www.facebook.com/adokiye.omuaru

All these show a person trying to create a solid online presence and I do not think 60k would tempt one enough to jeopardise one's online cred. Somehow I believe there has been a break or misunderstanding in communication and you would your money. Contact him

By the way did the courier people confirm that the picture you have is same as the person who came for collection?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by ComputerOperato: 8:24am On Jun 02, 2016
deeswagger:

bro i sent the first one and he said he has not picked it up, cause it was too small for the person he wanted to buy it, so my believe was that my shoe was still at Agofure park, he then told me to send another for himself, that he has a friend that needs the old one, that the two will be paid for when the other one comes in... i have invested in sending the first one, and he sounded genuine... i ne
ver knew the first one had been picked. talk less of him picking the second fraudulently too

@op

please stop talking about sending pictures of tellers.

If I hear you mention teller again, I will give you seven hard knocks on the head.

What I want to hear is "bank alert "
Abi what bank are you using that doesn't send alerts?

now that we've settled that, let's sit down and think a little... Given the type of ruckus you are creating over this, it will be difficult to remove all if he eventually pay up.

If by the end of today he hasn't paid up, we all have a responsibility to force him to pay by broadcasting his pictures, family pictures and phone numbers on social media.

Let's Make him popular than "liar Mohammed"

He should either pay or return the goods.

I have been scammed before by one "Mishael Amos" from Warri so I feel your pain.

This guy will pay or he won't have any peace. Will go to work on him now.

Above all, take heart and be wise next time.

3 Likes

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by paveinc(m): 8:25am On Jun 02, 2016
teemy:
deeswagger furthermore his email search provided his google plus account https://plus.google.com/107680380392201411243/about giving his name as Adokiye Omuaru and phone number as 07776671049.

His mentioning of studying overseas Liverpool John Moores University has been consistent in all his pages.

His name provided
his twitter account https://twitter.com/PantanaDokus/media
vk account http://vk.com/id192897048 and skype adokiye811
facebook account https://www.facebook.com/adokiye.omuaru

All these show a person trying to create a solid online presence and I do not think 60k would tempt one enough to jeopardise one's online cred. Somehow I believe there has been a break or misunderstanding in communication and you would your money. Contact him

By the way did the courier people confirm that the picture you have is same as the person who came for collection?
I dey suspect dat op self.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by KPhantom(m): 8:36am On Jun 02, 2016
OP, sorry for ur loss, many ppl r really abusing pay on delivery service. OP dont go out of business, learn frm this experience and employ other ways to ensure ur products are safe.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by deeswagger: 8:38am On Jun 02, 2016
teemy:
deeswagger I found your guy but are sure he is the one you are looking for because he does not seem to be hiding.

he is the one, the wife -called me this morning, and said the money will be paid in installments, 40k today 16k on tuesday... remember i told u, he said he had the teller...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by deeswagger: 8:41am On Jun 02, 2016
paveinc:

what do i stand to gain by discrediting him, he told me was at d bank yesterday, and he paid into my account, when i asked for the teller he stopped picking my calls and my shoes, he had already picked up... so y is the wife telling me payments will be done this morning if truly he paid and i was trying to spoil his name
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by deeswagger: 8:44am On Jun 02, 2016
ComputerOperato:

@op

please stop talking about sending pictures of tellers.

If I hear you mention teller again, I will give you seven hard knocks on the head.

What I want to hear is "bank alert "
Abi what bank are you using that doesn't send alerts?

now that we've settled that, let's sit down and think a little... Given the type of ruckus you are creating over this, it will be difficult to remove all if he eventually pay up.

If by the end of today he hasn't paid up, we all have a responsibility to force him to pay by broadcasting his pictures, family pictures and phone numbers on social media.

Let's Make him popular than "liar Mohammed"

He should either pay or return the goods.

I have been scammed before by one "Mishael Amos" from Warri so I feel your pain.

This guy will pay or he won't have any peace. Will go to work on him now.

Above all, take heart and be wise next time.

thank you, the wife called me this morning to inform me she will pay the money in two installments, 40k today and 16k next week tuesday... all along, he planned to defraud me cause as at yesterday, he told me had paid and he had the teller
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by deeswagger: 8:50am On Jun 02, 2016
Felixausi:
So sorry bro, I don't really have to blame you cos people still do international business with someone they never meet b4, it's unfortunate you got the wrong person. Am pretty sure the guy you posted isn't him, he got the photo from Internet probably. You can send me your email address I don't leave in Naija

that is the picture of the man, his wife called me this morning, telling me payment will be made in installments. meaning, he didn't pay as he claimed he did yesterday...
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by deeswagger: 8:54am On Jun 02, 2016
Djangocode:

Thing is: The OP messed up big time.. You can't send a package and then resend another without being paid for the 1st delivery... It sounds silly though...

seems you didnt get my explanation, i was of the belief the first shoe was with Agofure, not knowing he went behind my back to pick it up... i wanted pickup to be easy for him, that is why i used agofure... normally i use other courier services
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by byvan03: 8:58am On Jun 02, 2016
Sorry OP, you have not seen money for the first and you sent another. Anyway you have learnt your lessons, never be desperate in anything you do.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by anthoniaz(f): 9:08am On Jun 02, 2016
So sorry @OP.People can be very wicked, I believe they will reap what they have sown.

I must see alert before I do business with anybody, I don't care how small the amount is.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by stefanweeks: 9:17am On Jun 02, 2016
I ran the numbers on true caller

the first number came out as Anita Home Breaker

the second cam out as Adokiye

We can trace him thru his facebook account

1 Like

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by dadee007(m): 9:43am On Jun 02, 2016
I assure you this: YOU WILL GET YOUR MONEY BACK. If you don't, call me out here.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by danxzy: 9:44am On Jun 02, 2016
I will advice you to trace him with the contact or go to that place he received the goods and complain to them maybe they can get him for you if they have camera in they office, the guy picture will be there
I WISH YOU THE BEST
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by teemy(m): 9:45am On Jun 02, 2016
paveinc:
deeswagger:

he is the one, the wife -called me this morning, and said the money will be paid in installments, 40k today 16k on tuesday... remember i told u, he said he had the teller...
have all
All is well that ends well. I hope all that is buyer, seller and observers have learnt a lesson or two.

Wishing you well deeswagger. Cheers

P.S Remember to update thread as he pays.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by deeswagger: 10:11am On Jun 02, 2016
once again, thank you all for your effort, i never knew my money could be retrieved but with your help and support, 40,000 has been paid into my account, and i was promised the balance will be paid up by Tuesday, 7th of June 2016...

I appreciate this wonderful family for your help, support and words of encouragement, and i hope and pray we continue this way... thank you all

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by aieromon(m): 10:25am On Jun 02, 2016
deeswagger:
once again, thank you all for your effort, i never knew my money could be retrieved but with your help and support, 40,000 has been paid into my account, and i was promised the balance will be paid up by Tuesday, 7th of June 2016...

I appreciate this wonderful family for your help, support and words of encouragement, and i hope and pray we continue this way... thank you all

It was good you raised an alarm and decided to overlook the derogatory remarks people have been throwing at you.

Kindly update the house when the balance has been paid.

1 Like

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by mikeywise(m): 10:27am On Jun 02, 2016
deeswagger:

this is good, congrats op.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by iebanehita(m): 10:33am On Jun 02, 2016
henchmark:
you have a point but that SIM card may not have the required details,

For the records, let me correct your impression about SIM registration.
You can provide fake details but your face captured can't be fake. Even if it's your friend that helped you register your SIM, his face would be registered and incase of any fraudulent activity, your friend would be the target, which would definitely lead to the original owner of the SIM as the main suspect.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by goonsmi: 10:40am On Jun 02, 2016
deeswagger:

I think you should create a new thread on the latest development and tag lalasticala !!! good luck
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by thesicilian: 10:42am On Jun 02, 2016
Mafking:

So if I teach an underage that smoking Marijuana gives the best pleasure possible which is even partly true... IS THAT NOT A BAD LESSON?? DOES HE/SHE HAS ANY EXPERIENCE OF SMOKING MARIJUANA YET....

BOTTOM LINE... IT'S NOT EVERY QUOTE THAT YOU SEE OFF THE GROUND THAT YOU POST EVERYWHERE... question ideas(as am questioning yours) be critical!

You don't have to take everything so literally.
And even if you do decide to take it at face value, the statement still is very valid. There are many definitions of the word lesson and the one I referred to, simply put, is If you gained wisdom from a particular situation, then you have learnt a lesson. So no matter the situation, as long as you came out wiser, that is a lesson. Trying to explain too much might confuse you so just take some time to meditate on it. I'm sure you'll understand.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) / Naira Rebounds As Banks Offload Excess Dollars / Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.