Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today (49010 Views)

How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency / A Man Was Duped This Morning In Ikeja, Lagos / How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by bekpo(m): 12:07am On Jun 02, 2016
I can't believe this story reason being that most of us do online purchase and the procedure u adopted is very strange to what is generally obtainable in online marketing. If the transaction is basically payment on delivery which is normally the case bc of security for d buyer's money, the delivery agency is now saddled with d responsibility to deal directly with d buyer based on documents in their disposal it has nothing to do again wid the seller. The document accompanying the goods must indicate d type of goods,transaction and the waybill nomber including the order nomber. These info must be wid d intended buyer and must present same on demand to the delivery agency to authenticate he is the real buyer, failure to tender same, will terminate d transaction. The buyer will make payment to the delivery agency who act on behalf of the seller. In this case, any default thereof, the delivery agency is liable to indemnify u. But, it was a personal transaction bw u and d driver of d company,u r on ur own except u get d driver arrested and make ur claims. But if u made this transaction wid d delivery agency as stated above, they r liable irrespective of the fact that u had a direct conversation wid d rog,bc u did not send further instruction to d delivery company to act other wise. My advice to u is, get a lawyer, sue the agency, u'll recover ur money and get damages. Good luck.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by missyge(f): 12:09am On Jun 02, 2016
deeswagger:

thank you, will consider involving the police... but i am afraid they will demand too much from me
Police might nt do anything...even if dey try to, wat deyl demand might even b more dan ur 58k
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Royruky(m): 12:09am On Jun 02, 2016
Make I see these shoes ooh. Maybe person fit buy one sef.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by remzytimer: 12:33am On Jun 02, 2016
Seriously! I can track this guy
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Taryur3(m): 12:38am On Jun 02, 2016
Sorry bro.I feel for you too.58k is not a small money with this harsh economy nigerians are passing tru.
My own case even happened around October last year.I have even seen my own criminal once buh I never know his address and so on.To Cut the story short...I lost 667k to this bastard just for a deposit for a car am buying for one aunty..the mistake I made was that I gave him the money at hand in a hotel and not to his bank account.Although av paid 650k back to the woman...because I have to protect my name...very important to me.am still watching and looking around to see this bastard.even whenever am at the airport travelling ...I always look around like a security man may be I will find the hungry goat.av already leave him for God...because he betrayed my trust.I really thank my siblings for there encouraging words.it really made me to be stronger now and I have forget about it. But ,I will never trust any man in my life again,even if na pastor.I pray you catch the fool though...Trust no body

1 Like

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by asala1: 1:03am On Jun 02, 2016
Booty4me:
How u go send goods with out the buyer making a commitment first ..

I believe u have learned the hard way

Move on

What is this one saying? Will you send money to someone without seeing the good?
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Nobody: 1:06am On Jun 02, 2016
Booty4me:
How u go send goods with out the buyer making a commitment first ..

I believe u have learned the hard way

Move on

It is not that easy, it is a 2 sided coin. Can u pay for goods u have not seen? I doubt u would beCause I definitely won't unless I'm buying from a well known company. If op is asking people he met on Facebook to pay for goods before delivery then he will not sell a single product. Best thing is to register with online stores like konga and jumia. Thay will handle delivery and receipt of payment while seller just relaxes and receive alert.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Felixausi: 1:13am On Jun 02, 2016
So sorry bro, I don't really have to blame you cos people still do international business with someone they never meet b4, it's unfortunate you got the wrong person. Am pretty sure the guy you posted isn't him, he got the photo from Internet probably. You can send me your email address I don't leave in Naija
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Nina4u(f): 1:31am On Jun 02, 2016
Why don't u guys have them pay the money when picking up the product ..?? I don't understand your buissnes conduct .. U just send stuff to ppl and expect them to pay later ?? Abegg send me some ibo and Yoruba outfits along with some gold necklessess and diamond ear rings and add an iPhone with that ..and I will send u the money when I get it :-P grin
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Nina4u(f): 1:32am On Jun 02, 2016
greenhulk:

It is not that easy, it is a 2 sided coin. Can u pay for goods u have not seen? I doubt u would beCause I definitely won't unless I'm buying from a well known company. If op is asking people he met on Facebook to pay for goods before delivery then he will not sell a single product. Best thing is to register with online stores like konga and jumia. Thay will handle delivery and receipt of payment while seller just relaxes and receive alert.
eBay too ..get a PayPal account
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Nobody: 1:38am On Jun 02, 2016
jombosolomon:
Sorry bro.But you can get the guy with the help of Agofre. Take time to come to PH or send somebody you know to go to Agofre with the Waybill number.They can trace his real name, address and phone number too.To get him is easy if you are in PH.

Easier said than done.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by sunshine1974(m): 1:53am On Jun 02, 2016
Ur story is similar to mine, just that mine was just 3k recharge card. Don't bother wasting ur tym, just put it in God's hands.....since I got duped, Im suspicious of everyone now.....it shldnt make u give up on ur dreams, just be careful nxt tym....see it as part of the sacrifice for ur upliftment. God bless u op
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Nobody: 2:06am On Jun 02, 2016
figo05:
OP I think av gotten him on facebook. His fb name is: VOmuaru Adokiye (Adokiye V O)
Just copy as its above, u will get every info about him. Thank me later

He's even married with kids. You will get pictures of him, his wife and kids on fb

What gives u the assurance he is the guy. There are lots of fake Facebook acct. I've see lots of boys using omotola jalade and genevive's fake Facebook profiles.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Nobody: 2:40am On Jun 02, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
He sent the first shoe he need's to get an alert or the first shoe is returned to him before he could send another, if he was duped only the first shoe which he said cost about 29,000 naira then i won't worry about his intelligence, what made him to send another item making the total 58,000 naira to someone you haven't met before? As for you people here that will read your comment will know you're just plain stupid, intellectually dull and short-sighted.

Thing is: The OP messed up big time.. You can't send a package and then resend another without being paid for the 1st delivery... It sounds silly though...
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by ManTiger(m): 2:44am On Jun 02, 2016
I tracked his second line.
This is what I got,
Let's start from their.

Next is to forward it to EFCC.
The guy go pay.

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by alikor2(m): 3:01am On Jun 02, 2016
deeswagger:
Nairalander, please come to my rescue o... I am an entrepreneur who has tried his hands out on many things, from owning a Laundry, to having a mobile car wash, but as faith will have it, i found myself in this line of work, selling fashion items. I dont believe in staying idle but as faith will have it, this young man has duped me of my hard earned money... I had to tag along with a friend to prepare barbeque at a party to get my first capital, i seriously believed in this project of mine hence my willingness to struggle on when things seems tight at times

It all started some few weeks back, i placed an advert for some of my items on facebook, hoping to get people interested in my products, but as faith will have it, out of all the good Nigerians i met, a very bad one also came my way... He called himself Victor Adokiye which i believe is an alias now with phone numbers 07085661278 and 08080383516 which he used in contacting me... he sent me a message on whatsapp saying he wanted a shoe, which i shipped to him in Port harcout through Agofure and i told him to go to their waterline park to pick up 2 days later. on the morning of the 3rd day, he called me and told me he was on his way to pick up the item which was worth 29,000. I told him to call me when he gets to the park so i could talk to the person in charge to let him see the shoe, try it out if it was his size, then release it to him when i tell him to release it. My mistake was trusting him cause never in my wildest dream did i believe i would be cheated of my hard earned money and sweat. all this while, i didnt know he was with his friend, passing him off as the person in charge at Agofure, along the line during my dialogue with his friend whom i was made to believe is a staff of Agofure asked me for the waybill number so he could check for the item which i innocently gave him. he called me later and told me that the shoe wasnt his size, and i told him to drop it that i will find a way to get it back to Lagos. unknowingly, i didnt know he had gone behind my back to collect the shoe at Agofure. my thought was that my instruction was clear to the person i spoke with, never to release the parcel without my consent.

Two days later he sent me a message, telling me he has a friend who was willing to buy the shoe, that the shoe was initially meant for one of his friends, that the other friend had decided to pick it up, i was happy cause i needed the money to settle some debts i owed... i was thankful to God, for i believed he had answered my prayers... he now asked me to send another, a size 42 for him personally, that he was going to pay for both when it came, i stupidly went to Agofure to send another, not knowing he was a fraud, and he had picked the first shoe. today, he used his friend again to impersonate the Agofure staff. i didnt know cause i thought i was dealing with an upright Nigerian, he told me he was going to the bank to pay and he will let me know when he does the transaction, then he will go back to Agofure to pick up after payment... Later in the afternoon, he told me he had made payment, i told him to send pictures of the teller to me so i can confirm he truly paid but i noticed he stopped picking his calls and he stopped reading his whatsapp messages, i started to suspect him, but before i could get their number at Agofure to report the case, the deed had been done... he had picked the other shoe both worth 58,000 naira... i am depressed right now and maybe just maybe, he might have put me out of business, but i feel it is important to share my story and i would love every young and old persons out there to learn from my mistake no one knows it all, i have made mistakes and i have paid for them dearly, but i know anywhere the man is, he will know no peace and if i am lucky to catch him with the help of anybody reading this, lynching him will be the least of his worries...

please nairalanders, i appeal to you all to help me get justice any way you can be of help will be greatly appreciated. i know my money is gone and i might never get the chance to realize the goals i set for myself, but catching this thief will be the greatest gift i can ever get... If there is any help anyone can render in helping me catch this thief, i will gladly appreciate it...

Brother, I sincerely feel your pain that is why I've taking it upon myself to see that this criminal faces justice. I reside in Port Harcourt but quite far from aba-road. I have made a post on my blog (www.todaystalk.com.ng) concerning these issue and I have also sent him threat messages which I know he'd respond to cause he wouldn't want to loss his Job. I threatened to ruin His life starting from his job, making him believe that I will send in details evidence of the transaction and how he duped you to his coworkers and friends if he fails to pay u that money. which I will definitely do if he dares me. But please I will need more evidence to work with cuz I intend writing a report to media houses in Port Harcourt more especially radio stations such as Nigeria info, wazobia, cool FM, rhythm FM and radio Port Harcourt which I know they will respond to. Please WhatsApp me via 08160872210 asap

2 Likes

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by johnkeni(m): 3:12am On Jun 02, 2016
Bro, go to the police station and explain everything to them, show them your chats, they will give you a letter, use that letter or report, visit your network provider office and they will give you everything about the person you called including his address and picture, with it, u can track the person and arrest him and also get your money back.

1 Like

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by aspirebig: 3:20am On Jun 02, 2016
Op, the security agents should be able to track this guy down within few hours if they want to.

At least, there some frequently dialed numbers he will have, once those ones are picked up, he will be caught. He is not smart to me.

Next time, just avoid online business except pay on delivery via POS, or pay before delivery once sizes are sorted.

There are many fraudsters in town. BEWARE
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Kelvinpam(m): 3:52am On Jun 02, 2016
EBK2:

Sorry to hear your story.
I am happy to help. Send me you bank account number and I will send N58k to you. All the best in your endeavours.
But there is a condition, if I send the money to you. It will show my name. Please don't disclose my name in this forum or any forum.
Thanks
Wow ..GOD bless you sir... you will never lack!!

2 Likes

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by emeka2847: 4:02am On Jun 02, 2016
Inform sss
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by sdavirus: 5:34am On Jun 02, 2016
Hello OP. I just discovered I have 23 friends in common with your guy. It's either he went to my secondary school-because of the friends I see, or he went to Uniport.

Maybe you can try and contact me, so we can see if he can be nailed through them.

Don't like dropping numbers on stuff like this.... but 0806 875 2930
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by sdavirus: 5:38am On Jun 02, 2016
greenhulk:

What gives u the assurance he is the guy. There are lots of fake Facebook acct. I've see lots of boys using omotola jalade and genevive's fake Facebook profiles.

Well I just used that account, and I have 23friends in common. So it's his. Let's see how it goes.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by tiwiex(m): 5:39am On Jun 02, 2016
ogmask:

Yea let's hope so. But they can be dumb sometimes. He looks like a fraud going by the fact that he has only one friend on Facebook, princess amaka izuka.
You guys are posting pictures of an innocent ma. Una be police?
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by deeswagger: 5:54am On Jun 02, 2016
Djangocode:

Thing is: The OP messed up big time.. You can't send a package and then resend another without being paid for the 1st delivery... It sounds silly though...

bro i sent the first one and he said he has not picked it up, cause it was too small for the person he wanted to buy it, so my believe was that my shoe was still at Agofure park, he then told me to send another for himself, that he has a friend that needs the old one, that the two will be paid for when the other one comes in... i have invested in sending the first one, and he sounded genuine... i never knew the first one had been picked. talk less of him picking the second fraudulently too

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by seangy4konji: 5:56am On Jun 02, 2016
but i dont get you...i thought you gave a driver the shoe and said he should only release it when you give him a call...are you saying the driver does not know your number any longer??why did he release the shoe

i am just wondering cos people have sent me stuff before and until the person calls the driver and i pay,they wont release and i wont pay also till i see what am buying.

1 Like

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Nobody: 5:59am On Jun 02, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
He sent the first shoe he need's to get an alert or the first shoe is returned to him before he could send another, if he was duped only the first shoe which he said cost about 29,000 naira then i won't worry about his intelligence, what made him to send another item making the total 58,000 naira to someone you haven't met before? As for you people here that will read your comment will know you're just plain stupid, intellectually dull and short-sighted.

You need prayers
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by slightlyMad(f): 6:11am On Jun 02, 2016
you mean this fine boy?

he was probably busy with other stuff and will get back to you.
OP is too fast to put this on nairaland.

his profile did not suggest he will have trouble paying up

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by fareedah86: 6:26am On Jun 02, 2016
Hi dear, i truly can feel your pain. Losing 58k in this our era of CHANGE can be depressing. let me give you a secret PRAY....... HE WOULD BE CAUGHT.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Nobody: 6:26am On Jun 02, 2016
Very very sorry indeed, buh Nobody does this in this part of the world.... Avoid trust games...
Trust Nobody...
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Guliver(m): 6:26am On Jun 02, 2016
op am n pH,let me help u tracks DAT mofo
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by cnsprince76: 6:37am On Jun 02, 2016
I sympathize with you on the loss especially in the present economy situation of the country. Please learn to use trusted courier agents like Konga, et al in doing your business. They will never allow a customer to leave without paying for goods. They even collect the money and send back to you.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Achirimma(f): 6:39am On Jun 02, 2016
Now that you have learnt your lesson the hard way, stop doing cash on delivery until the business grows to an extent.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) / Naira Rebounds As Banks Offload Excess Dollars / Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.