Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,736 members, 7,820,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Power Generation Rebounds To 2,820MW - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Rebounds To 2,820MW (10360 Views)

FG Says Power Generation Is Up To 7000MW, Nigerians Reacts / Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW / Recession Worsens On Niger Delta Crisis, Despite Agric Rebounds - Thisdaylive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Generation Rebounds To 2,820MW by olafum1(m): 8:09am On Jun 02, 2016
sad
Re: Power Generation Rebounds To 2,820MW by comrChris(m): 8:10am On Jun 02, 2016
2,820mw for only Lagos or is it for the whole country? smh , its obvious Fashola is clueless about this job
Re: Power Generation Rebounds To 2,820MW by COMPAQ(m): 8:13am On Jun 02, 2016
I think we should consider importing gas. If it were me I would create a receiving facility at the lekki free trade zone and send the gas via pipeline to the power plants that are outside the Niger delta like geregu, omotoso, egbin, papalanto, and others.

Mambilla would also get very high priority from me as well as large scale solar and wind power. Surely with the plenty sun up north we have solar potentials. A 500MW solar plant can be up and running in 18months if we move very fast. Also with the Harman tan wind that blows in from the Sahara at that time of year, I would think we have good wind potential too.

Also we have to enable investors in new power plants to sell directly to specific discos instead of sending everything to an inefficient national grid first. For eg a solar plant up north could make sense if I would be able to sell directly to Abuja disco.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Rebounds To 2,820MW by Nancydearie(f): 8:17am On Jun 02, 2016
Why wont it reduce when some area in Onitsha in Anambra state dont have light up to 72-96hrs in a month, yet we pay EEDC bills. Those power company are rogs. NEPA is quite better than them. FG should do something about this epileptic power supply because its not encouraging at all.
Re: Power Generation Rebounds To 2,820MW by godoluwa(m): 8:18am On Jun 02, 2016
omenka:
I don't envy Fashola's or Baba's job at all.

It is well with my country.

A country of 50years plus talking 2GW... Eyaa..
by 2019, you will agree with my signature
Re: Power Generation Rebounds To 2,820MW by obailala(m): 8:24am On Jun 02, 2016
Jirate:
Generate, Transmit and Distribute Electricity 24/7 Basis that is Change, why is APC now Missing In Action?. cool cool cool
Keep bombing gas pipelines and then come and ask why we cannot have power. Probably by 2019, after the criminals you probably glorify have forced darkness and agony upon Nigerians for 4 years, you will happily say, "apc wasnt able to give Nigerians light," and then the vicious cycle continues forever.

At the end one thing which is clear is that it is no longer a mystery why Nigeria cannot have power. At a meagre 5000mw, almost all Nigerians were celebrating relatively constant power (up to 16-18 hrs daily). But since then, its been one glaring case of gas pipeline bombings to another (probably for political reasons).
Re: Power Generation Rebounds To 2,820MW by olash007: 8:25am On Jun 02, 2016
By June ending mr fashola and his pple must been able to generate 12,000MW.

Naija have faith wink
Re: Power Generation Rebounds To 2,820MW by Nobody: 8:29am On Jun 02, 2016
Story for the gods sad
Re: Power Generation Rebounds To 2,820MW by guru03(m): 8:31am On Jun 02, 2016
Third straight week without light, very unfortunate, and some people will still be shouting Sai Baba!
Hhhhhhhh
Sai Baba : Sai Poverty
Re: Power Generation Rebounds To 2,820MW by Milo30(m): 8:33am On Jun 02, 2016
COMPAQ:
I think we should consider importing gas. If it were me I would create a receiving facility at the lekki free trade zone and send the gas via pipeline to the power plants that are outside the Niger delta like geregu, omotoso, egbin, papalanto, and others.

Mambilla would also get very high priority from me as well as large scale solar and wind power. Surely with the plenty sun up north we have solar potentials. A 500MW solar plant can be up and running in 18months if we move very fast. Also with the Harman tan wind that blows in from the Sahara at that time of year, I would think we have good wind potential too.

Also we have to enable investors in new power plants to sell directly to specific discos instead of sending everything to an inefficient national grid first. For eg a solar plant up north could make sense if I would be able to sell directly to Abuja disco.

Wonderful. You have made my day.
Re: Power Generation Rebounds To 2,820MW by tulipsmadra: 8:33am On Jun 02, 2016
May we never sleep and wake up in lies any more Amen. Buhari and his ministers receive economic sense.
Re: Power Generation Rebounds To 2,820MW by tulipsmadra: 8:36am On Jun 02, 2016
olash007:
By June ending mr fashola and his pple must been able to generate 12,000MW.

Naija have faith wink

If that happens I will dance naked in my village square.
Re: Power Generation Rebounds To 2,820MW by samx4real(m): 8:53am On Jun 02, 2016
for this country abi na another one?

There is no light in country home benin for more than a week now!
Re: Power Generation Rebounds To 2,820MW by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 02, 2016
tsdarkside:

i am tired of all this miniscule power-output,,,,we should be talking about 7000mw atleast now,even if the naija-delta-destroyers are blowing up everything........
Is not just possible to generate power when the gas pipeline are been destroyed. Our dependency on gas is just two much, 70% of our power supply relies on gas.
Re: Power Generation Rebounds To 2,820MW by Omonigeriarere: 8:56am On Jun 02, 2016
Jirate:
Generate, Transmit and Distribute Electricity 24/7 Basis that is Change, why is APC now Missing In Action?. cool cool cool

This is the reason after 16 years...

Re: Power Generation Rebounds To 2,820MW by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 02, 2016
MadamExcellency:
I think someone is not being truthful to Nigerians

Why this discrepancy

Not even up to a tenth of the quoted total power generated.
Re: Power Generation Rebounds To 2,820MW by bashydemy(m): 9:00am On Jun 02, 2016
BeastAmbition:
We will generate & distribute Electricity on a 24/7 basis: buhari/osibanjo

Apc change = Delusion.
you want magic when your brothers are bombing the pipelines to produce the power. Well APC promise 24/7 power generation but they say exactly when it will be ready so they are still justify. Remember PDP also made the same promises for 16yrs and nothing to show for it. Less give APC atleast 4yrs and see what happen.
Re: Power Generation Rebounds To 2,820MW by mark3009(m): 9:12am On Jun 02, 2016
fiizznation:
Nigeria a country with 27 on-grid{3 hydros, 24 gas/streams} generating stations with a total nameplates generation capacity of about 15000MW and yet we are still struggling to generate just 5000MW, Funny. That's why I laugh whenever I hear the power minister{I still don't know what's a SAN's business with the power ministry} screaming 20,000MW. There are just so many things wrong with our power sector that I don't even know where to start from.

Anyway maybe if all the debts we owned these gencos and their gas suppliers are fully cleared, maybe we might just begin to enjoy steady power supply. I don't even think the power minister can performed any magic in the power sector as long as we are still owning these gencons so much.
Who is owing the gencos? If thwy are really serious with power distribution let them rollout prepaid metere to all their customers.
Re: Power Generation Rebounds To 2,820MW by Bimpe29: 9:29am On Jun 02, 2016
Alhamdulillah, Naija go better.
Re: Power Generation Rebounds To 2,820MW by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 02, 2016
atimes i find it so hard to believe d way we nigerian treat issues must their alway b sides n sentiment ...we all knw dat continuous bombin of gas pipeline throttles power generation ...(undisputeable fact nii) leave it n stop campaignin afta elections...we all shuld b rebukin d NDA in one voice dey claim to b fight 4 there pple yet d likes of asari tokunbo(fairly use) n tongolo abi tompolo made billion yet no infrastructures in there name..i stand 2 b corrected ..evry state as youths n needs but we r not holdin d govt for ransom because we aint lazy we hustle .,agbe oju logun fii ara re fun oshi taa nii (oil b our father property pple)
Re: Power Generation Rebounds To 2,820MW by amazingspiderma: 9:51am On Jun 02, 2016
We cannot assume a technical success without dealing with the social dimension. Gas is the future of global energy security due to environmental and economic advantage (www.economist.com/news/business/21645212-promised-golden-age-gas-arrivingbut-consumers-are-cashing-well-producers), and the most economical deposits in Nigeria is in the NigerDelta. Wholistic approach to ensuring energy security must give adequate consideration to the needs of the NigerDelta. It must be a win-win approach for both the government and the host communities. There is no sustainable alternative in sight,this government must learn to seek realistic solutions.
Re: Power Generation Rebounds To 2,820MW by wordychap: 9:56am On Jun 02, 2016
Jonathan left power generation capacity of 6,000MW!
What is buhari doing to this nation in just over 1 year of his stasy?
Re: Power Generation Rebounds To 2,820MW by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 02, 2016
atimes i find it so hard to believe d way we nigerian treat issues must their alway b sides n sentiment ...we all knw dat continuous bombin of gas pipeline throttles power generation ...(undisputeable fact nii) leave it n stop campaignin afta elections...we all shuld b rebukin d NDA in one voice dey claim to b fight 4 there pple yet d likes of asari tokunbo(fairly use) n tongolo abi tompolo made billion yet no infrastructures in there names..i stand 2 b corrected ..evry state as youths n needs but we r not holdin d govt for ransom because we aint lazy we hustle .,agbe oju logun fii ara re fun oshi taa nii (oil b our father property pple)
Re: Power Generation Rebounds To 2,820MW by akigbemaru: 10:14am On Jun 02, 2016
Nice comment below!

Nigeria a country with 27 on-grid{3 hydros, 24 gas/streams} generating stations with a total nameplates generation capacity of about 15000MW and yet we are still struggling to generate just 5000MW, Funny. That's why I laugh whenever I hear the power minister{I still don't know what's a SAN's business with the power ministry} screaming 20,000MW. There are just so many things wrong with our power sector that I don't even know where to start from.

Anyway maybe if all the debts we owned these gencos and their gas suppliers are fully cleared, maybe we might just begin to enjoy steady power supply. I don't even think the power minister can performed any magic in the power sector as long as we are still owning these gencons so much.
Re: Power Generation Rebounds To 2,820MW by syntekelite(m): 11:18am On Jun 02, 2016
maupe:

http://m.guardian.ng/business-services/power-generation-rebounds-to-2820mw/
who the rebound epp?dont have light in surulere in all the streets leading to luth road idiraba has been in darkness for two weeks and the last time we saw light after 1 week darkness it ws for 15 mins,so the 2800mw gives us 15mins light every two weeks.
Re: Power Generation Rebounds To 2,820MW by onyxo76(m): 1:07pm On Jun 02, 2016
which rebound? when I harldy even had any power supply over the past 6 days..the power supply is really worsening by the day, I don't even reckon with NEPA any longer since I'm practically living on generator.
Re: Power Generation Rebounds To 2,820MW by tsdarkside(m): 1:43pm On Jun 02, 2016
Jirate:

i will hold them accountable for this too...if in 2019 we still dont have 12000mw output,i will vote kowa...

no matter what other programs they achieve....and i will stick with kowa till the end...

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Rebounds To 2,820MW by moski5(m): 3:00pm On Jun 02, 2016
The truth is They scammed us as usual this time d blame is on Gej ... Doesn't mean GMB should ignore it

B4 privatization we were enjoying over 20hrs of light daily now if we see 4hrs we use

I even wrote to Nerc as they asked me to Till date No reply

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kills Four In Borno Highway Attack / Ondo 2016: Tough Race For APC Ticket- The Nation / Excitement As Beneficiaries Of Enugu Govt’s Scholarship To India Thank Ugwuanyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.