Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,716 members, 7,820,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

22 Things You’ll Understand If Mathematics Was Your Worst Subject - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 22 Things You’ll Understand If Mathematics Was Your Worst Subject (39416 Views)

Share Your Worst School Roommate Experience / What Was Your Worst Subject In Secondary School? / 13 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Had A Horrible Nigerian Lecturer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 22 Things You’ll Understand If Mathematics Was Your Worst Subject by dadaha: 3:29pm On Jun 02, 2016
Maths is really simple
Four operations (+-× and ÷) and numbers that's all undecided undecided
Re: 22 Things You’ll Understand If Mathematics Was Your Worst Subject by GboyegaD(m): 3:29pm On Jun 02, 2016
Maths is fun though.
Re: 22 Things You’ll Understand If Mathematics Was Your Worst Subject by faites(f): 3:30pm On Jun 02, 2016
DiAmOnDrUbY:
8. When the example is always like 500 times easier than the classwork and a million times easier than the exam.

Kuku kee me lipsrsealed

This one is so true and so unfair. I wonder why maths teachers always do that. undecided

2 Likes

Re: 22 Things You’ll Understand If Mathematics Was Your Worst Subject by faites(f): 3:44pm On Jun 02, 2016
martineverest:
Cant study any course without maths...advanced calulus is very adventurous

You are on your own.
Re: 22 Things You’ll Understand If Mathematics Was Your Worst Subject by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 02, 2016
ErnieSmallzz:
I still wönder till date, why its only the letter's "Y" & "X" that is mostly used in math.

Anybody gat an answer to this
undecided
They are favorite letters to replace Unknown numbers... The same way Apple was used to describe Sex in the Bible..
Re: 22 Things You’ll Understand If Mathematics Was Your Worst Subject by martineverest(m): 4:03pm On Jun 02, 2016
faites:

You are on your own.
so,u don't like maths?
Re: 22 Things You’ll Understand If Mathematics Was Your Worst Subject by piagetskinner(m): 4:05pm On Jun 02, 2016
That moment when numbers don't even mean anything.. ...

Only letters x, y, z.. .chai
Re: 22 Things You’ll Understand If Mathematics Was Your Worst Subject by hapiness44(f): 4:10pm On Jun 02, 2016
And I studied Mathematics in school.. am a genius then.. hehehe
Re: 22 Things You’ll Understand If Mathematics Was Your Worst Subject by Aremu01(m): 4:12pm On Jun 02, 2016
Maths my favorite....
Anytime any day
Re: 22 Things You’ll Understand If Mathematics Was Your Worst Subject by chizzypresh(f): 4:14pm On Jun 02, 2016
DiAmOnDrUbY:
8. When the example is always like 500 times easier than the classwork and a million times easier than the exam.

Kuku kee me lipsrsealed
That one de vex me well
Re: 22 Things You’ll Understand If Mathematics Was Your Worst Subject by Emaprince: 4:37pm On Jun 02, 2016
I don't know... I tried my best to be good in maths but it just never worked. At a point, I felt like studying is a waste of time. SMH. The fear I had towards maths still haunted me in my uni years and it dealt me a heavy blow in 100 and 200 levels when we were still writing general courses.

If I had known Ibime by that time, I'm sure the story woulda been different. SMH embarassed embarassed
Re: 22 Things You’ll Understand If Mathematics Was Your Worst Subject by DAntivirus: 4:51pm On Jun 02, 2016
ErnieSmallzz:
I still wönder till date, why its only the letter's "Y" & "X" that is mostly used in math.

undecided

Don't say that; I studied pure maths... When u r introduced to abstract algebra, advanced algebra, real analysis, lesbeque theory of rings, rings and modules... Y & X are the least of ur troubles...

1 Like

Re: 22 Things You’ll Understand If Mathematics Was Your Worst Subject by Nicolars(m): 4:53pm On Jun 02, 2016
MicroBox:
I don't know why people keep complaining about mathematics. Before we speak, we calculate what to say in-order not to offend the listening party,
The stamina you gather before lifting a bucket of water is all calculation cos the stamina use to carry full bucket is not same as half bucket,
Also everyday buying and selling is also maths,
Hence in every mathematical topics,you must first memories its formulas and understand its variables before hating or liking.
Mathematics is the only subject you can mark and score yourself immediately after writing the exam.

Hmm I salute ooo
But kindly visit this thread, its a pry sch quantitative,
help solve it
www.nairaland.com/3140977/solve-primary-school-
quantitative
Even if u dnt knw it, u must comment ooo
Re: 22 Things You’ll Understand If Mathematics Was Your Worst Subject by Nicolars(m): 4:53pm On Jun 02, 2016
wellmax:
Maths was my favorite subject in school.

Hmm I salute ooo
But kindly visit this thread, its a pry sch quantitative,
help solve it
www.nairaland.com/3140977/solve-primary-school-
quantitative
Even if u dnt knw it, u must comment ooo
Re: 22 Things You’ll Understand If Mathematics Was Your Worst Subject by Adekorya: 4:54pm On Jun 02, 2016
ErnieSmallzz:

It depend on individual, you can use any Alphabet from A to Z to represent your unknown.

Like me , i normally represent my unknown with U, T nd H, but A,X and Y are the most commonly use alphabet to represent unknown in mathemathics.

undecided
Re: 22 Things You’ll Understand If Mathematics Was Your Worst Subject by daretodo(m): 5:02pm On Jun 02, 2016
'X" and '"Y" ...if X=Y...What is 'X'?
Re: 22 Things You’ll Understand If Mathematics Was Your Worst Subject by freemile2ru: 5:56pm On Jun 02, 2016
hysteriabox:

because all the other alphabets have been found grin
simple truth. They are actually the most useless letters. All other later represent one or more constants in one mathematical field, physics or engineering
Re: 22 Things You’ll Understand If Mathematics Was Your Worst Subject by smudge2079(m): 6:00pm On Jun 02, 2016
Mathematics is actually a simple Subject.
Re: 22 Things You’ll Understand If Mathematics Was Your Worst Subject by Mrjo(m): 6:06pm On Jun 02, 2016
ErnieSmallzz:

undecided
cus they ar even number letters
Re: 22 Things You’ll Understand If Mathematics Was Your Worst Subject by Oblak(m): 6:24pm On Jun 02, 2016
I represent Bayelsa and Enugu zone. We all are very pleased with this post. We wished it never ended cheesy this is the best post so far
Re: 22 Things You’ll Understand If Mathematics Was Your Worst Subject by Thomsyne(m): 6:27pm On Jun 02, 2016
Looooooool! Mehn.. I remember when my mum was teaching me how to learn to read time... I so cried en!!! grin grin grin grin grin Buh then... you can read Why Mathematics is Important for Kids to learn and also See Ways to Improve Reading Comprehension
Re: 22 Things You’ll Understand If Mathematics Was Your Worst Subject by NellyGhenghen(m): 6:43pm On Jun 02, 2016
Feeling like the ground should open up and swallow you when the teacher is picking people randomly to solve math questions on the board. grin

2 Likes

Re: 22 Things You’ll Understand If Mathematics Was Your Worst Subject by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 02, 2016
Ironically, maths used to be one of my fav subjects in school. Alongside physics and french, courses which always boosted my overall grades.
Re: 22 Things You’ll Understand If Mathematics Was Your Worst Subject by SirZeek(m): 7:30pm On Jun 02, 2016
Maths was one of the subjects i dreaded so much but ended with a B.Sc in it. Guess i just had to find a way to love it
Re: 22 Things You’ll Understand If Mathematics Was Your Worst Subject by lordcenred(m): 8:56pm On Jun 02, 2016
ErnieSmallzz:
undecided

because 'Y' is a junction meaning u must peep thro some peep, while 'X' mean complete failure = kpang kpang
Re: 22 Things You’ll Understand If Mathematics Was Your Worst Subject by medexico(m): 9:23pm On Jun 02, 2016
DiAmOnDrUbY:
7. When you cannot even figure out basic Maths, but some people are taking Further Mathematics.

Oversabi undecided

I don't like maths either, but I do take further maths.

Further maths is quite simple and straight forward than maths

I remember vividly, I used to pass furthermaths and fail maths.... imagine!
Re: 22 Things You’ll Understand If Mathematics Was Your Worst Subject by faites(f): 9:26pm On Jun 02, 2016
martineverest:
so,u don't like maths?

Like ke? I was very very happy wen I had P in mathematics in WAEC. It was a miracle grin. Maths is a nightmare.
Re: 22 Things You’ll Understand If Mathematics Was Your Worst Subject by CHISOMPHILIP(m): 9:59pm On Jun 02, 2016
Finally graduated from sec school and I meet my maths teacher on the road

1 Like

Re: 22 Things You’ll Understand If Mathematics Was Your Worst Subject by martineverest(m): 10:01pm On Jun 02, 2016
faites:

Like ke? I was very very happy wen I had P in mathematics in WAEC. It was a miracle grin. Maths is a nightmare.
eyyaaa. One man's meat is really anada's poison
Re: 22 Things You’ll Understand If Mathematics Was Your Worst Subject by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jun 02, 2016
Lezzlie:
[s] I solved all the mathematical equation I needed to scale SSCE, then I got to JAMB and UNI and discovered I wouldn't be needing to put figures together much.

So I employed the spare time in calculating thigh thickness, the breadth and length of ass dividers and the width of the ridges that separates one boob from the other.

That's good investment, because my mathematical knowledge is of no benefit to humanity, it has run its course!

The knowledge of the physical equation and bone density of women is still unknown to most. grin

That's where my years of study comes to play[/s] grin grin grin

Try harder.
Re: 22 Things You’ll Understand If Mathematics Was Your Worst Subject by Lezzlie(m): 11:31pm On Jun 02, 2016
DiAmOnDrUbY:

Try harder.
To what end? I see no need to.
Re: 22 Things You’ll Understand If Mathematics Was Your Worst Subject by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jun 02, 2016
Gosh I hated Maths so much...I can totally relate....but once, Maths became compulsory to move to the next class, I couldn't afford to repeat, my pride would be badly damaged, problem was I had to score 19 out of 20 to pass. I began to study...I humbled myself, even asked one of my over sabi class mate to teach me cry finally I took the test...
Afterwards, everyone was discussing the test and remarking on how difficult the it was, I kept my dumb mouth shut, who was I to comment, when the geniuses were having a hard time...
Finally, the maths teacher Mrs. Dada (I will never forget that name) came and announced in class during corrections that nearly everyone failed and that only one person scored 20/20 and that the next highest was 15
People wanted to know who scored 20/20 but Mrs. Dada refused to say..all she said was that when you receive your scripts you will find out...but she had one word of advice to the person...' now you know what you can achieve if only you can put your mind to it'...
Needless to say I was the one who scored 20/20...I scaled the class by a whisker's breath and returned to my mediocre ways...end of story.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? / The 5 Muslim Students Suspended For Wearing Hijab To School In Lagos (Photo) / Shitu Abdullahi Scored 306 In JAMB And Also Excelled In WAEC. But Has No Sponsor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.