Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

God Is Literally A Stupid Designer - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is Literally A Stupid Designer (5289 Views)

What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? / Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does / Dealing With Misconceptions : Does God Literally Have A Throne ? Find Out Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:00pm On Jun 02, 2016
theoneJabulani:
Here comes the troll

Its hard to recognise that its you , how long is that ban

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by theoneJabulani(m): 6:04pm On Jun 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Its hard to recognise that its you , how long is that ban
try harder
Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:12pm On Jun 02, 2016
theoneJabulani:
try harder

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by donnffd(m): 7:53pm On Jun 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Even his reasons can be easily rebutted or even no significant reason at all . It would be a rigmarole , so i'll let him enjoy feeling reasonable undecided

Lol...i know your work is to troll

I no get your energy today
Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:03pm On Jun 02, 2016
donnffd:

Lol...i know your work is to troll

I no get your energy today

Engaging me in an argument is indeed an enervating exercise , but hopefully you'd be full of it next time cool
Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by Seun(m): 8:25pm On Jun 02, 2016
Here's the source you forgot to include: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_poor_design
Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 02, 2016

4 Likes

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:37pm On Jun 02, 2016
Seun:
Here's the source you forgot to include: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_poor_design

Young man , this does not preclude the existence of God . Yes I know the intent of this thread and it makes little or no sense . Evolution does not delineate how these bodily features came about in the first place . The poor design argument is a specious one .

The ultimate plan of God is unveiled before us as we would experienced a bodily transformation from a "flawed design " to a perfect design - it also includes a new universe and earth .

1 Like

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:38pm On Jun 02, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog
Too Bad We Don't Believe In Miracles So Keep Trying Till You Make Sense

2 Likes

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:32pm On Jun 02, 2016
Lilbrown007:
KingEbukasBlog
Too Bad We Don't Believe In Miracles So Keep Trying Till You Make Sense

Do you guys ever understand anything Since you don't believe in miracles , those four never happened

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by SimpleBea(m): 11:00pm On Jun 02, 2016
Aish!.
Lord, may your name be praised!.

You are marvelous, you are wonderful.

You pave ways when their is no way.

You defied the normal trend of science.

You show love to those who hate you.

You are slow to get angry but fast to make corrections.

You are my pillar, my fortress, my rock, my provider.

You reign over kings, President and the nobles one.

Who am i to question your authority?.

You can decide and nobody can change your decision.

You can kill and nobody can wake those you killed.

You will forever be praised Lord.

You show me mercy when am sure i don't merit it.

You gave me the gift of life,air and water. Doctors charge huge amount of money for all this.
I worship your name.

You can change the heart of this op and nobody will question you.

You are the I am that I am, the lilly of the valley....

Glory to you Lord.

Op, do you know God still love you?

2 Likes

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by ichommy(m): 7:49am On Jun 03, 2016
SimpleBea:
Aish!.
Lord, may your name be praised!.

You are marvelous, you are wonderful.

You pave ways when their is no way.

You defied the normal trend of science.

You show love to those who hate you.

You are slow to get angry but fast to make corrections.

You are my pillar, my fortress, my rock, my provider.

You reign over kings, President and the nobles one.

Who am i to question your authority?.

You can decide and nobody can change your decision.

You can kill and nobody can wake those you killed.

You will forever be praised Lord.

You show me mercy when am sure i don't merit it.

You gave me the gift of life,air and water. Doctors charge huge amount of money for all this.
I worship your name.

You can change the heart of this op and nobody will question you.

You are the I am that I am, the lilly of the valley....

Glory to you Lord.

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by Kaycee7(m): 9:06am On Jun 03, 2016
donnffd:
I have heard the intelligent design argument so many times, and i sometimes ask myself, what are these people smoking

Lets break down this so-called "Intelligent Designer's" Design

Universe

- Galaxy orbit brings you near a supernova (the chances that we would be wiped out by this means is very high)
- Our Galaxy is on a collision course with Andromeda

Earth

- Cant live on two third of the earth's surface
- Freeze or starve on half of what remains
- Mass extinctions (diseases, climate shifts, killer asteroids)
- 99% of all life that ever lived is now extinct
- Inner solar system is a shooting gallery
- Took 3.5billion years for multi-cellular life to form (smh, intelligent indeed).

Humans

- Aggressive childhood lukemia, hemophilia, sickle cell anaemia
- Epilepsy, parkinson, ALS
- A Narrow view of the electromagnetic spectrum
- Vision loss with age
- Teeth fall out
- Alzheimers, Prostate cancer
- Exhale most of the oxygen we inhale
- Warm-blooded must eat constantly compared with crocodiles (a crocodile can eat a chicken for a month and be perfectly fine) lipsrsealed
- Pratically comatose for one third of our lives cry
- cant detect magnetic fields, ionizing radiation fields, Radon undecided
- cant smell the gases (C0, CH4, CO2) but when we inhale, we die instantly cry
- Birth defects cry
- we use the same holes to talk, breathe and eat (meaning choking is highly probable) lipsrsealed
- Those things inbetween your legs (who designs an entertainment house close to a sewage system)

I think God needs to go to Design school because there is nothing intelligent about his design whatsoever...
Before I begin to answer and question some of your points, I wish to point out that "Where the foolishness of God ends, the wisdom of man begins". Just like not everyone can understand and appreciate abstract art, so I don't expect you to understand or appreciate the Almighty's impeccable design.

Universe
Why haven't we been wiped out or collided with the andromeda?

Earth
You can't live on 2/3 of the surface? Have you finished inhabiting the 1/3 that is left? We're even destroying parts of the habitable 1/3 so why do we need the remaining 2/3?
Imagine an ecosystem where dinosaurs, mammoths and other extinct animals still existed? What would you do if a T-Rex came into your town?
We believe the world was created in 7 days. Don't bring scientific facts to us. After all, you refuse to believe biblical facts.

Humans
Don't ask God about the body if you don't believe in the soul. The body is a temporary vessel. It deteriorates when it is about to expire. Choking is possible, why don't we choke everyday? (This displays a fantastic design pattern, where one organ has three functions and executes them successfully) Firstly, sex is primarily for reproduction and not entertainment. And those organs are both for waste removal and reproduction (Another example of a fantastic multi-functional design pattern).

GOD IS A AN INTELLIGENT, CLEVER, WONDERFUL, AWESOME DESIGNER AND ARTIST.
Donffd, Jesus loves you.

1 Like

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by donnffd(m): 10:35am On Jun 03, 2016
SimpleBea:

oh really? i thought he was busy being non-existent
Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by donnffd(m): 10:53am On Jun 03, 2016
Kaycee7:

Before I begin to answer and question some of your points, I wish to point out that "Where the foolishness of God ends, the wisdom of man begins". Just like not everyone can understand and appreciate abstract art, so I don't expect you to understand or appreciate the Almighty's impeccable design.

Thats just an excuse to cover up the flaws of your beliefs!

A building burns to the ground and the only thing that survived is a Bible: "God is Great and he reigns forever"...

A Tsunami kills thousands of people in Japan : "God works in mysterious ways"... undecided

Universe
Why haven't we been wiped out or collided with the andromeda?

Thats because of the timescale my brother, Modern Humans have just been around for 200,000years, the last major asteroid disaster was 65million years ago (and unfortunately it ddnt pan out well for the dinosaurs)

Imagine an ecosystem where dinosaurs, mammoths and other extinct animals still existed? What would you do if a T-Rex came into your town?
We believe the world was created in 7 days. Don't bring scientific facts to us. After all, you refuse to believe biblical facts.

are you reading yourself?, somehow biblical facts is different from scientifical facts!!! Thats a new one.

You believe the world was created in 7days, then thats fine, but please for the sake of our future, dont tell your kids that, because you would be scarring them for life

Humans
Don't ask God about the body if you don't believe in the soul. The body is a temporary vessel. It deteriorates when it is about to expire.

Oh, i get, God releases his products in stages, so there is going to be an upgrade soon, Body 2.0 or something like that, i see...

i taught he was perfect though

Firstly, sex is primarily for reproduction and not entertainment. And those organs are both for waste removal and reproduction (Another example of a fantastic multi-functional design pattern).

I love to see an engineer who would design a fantastic multi-functional device, a toilet plunger/a baby birther...it should be amazing

1 Like

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by Kaycee7(m): 11:29am On Jun 03, 2016
donnffd:

Thats just an excuse to cover up the flaws of your beliefs!

A building burns to the ground and the only thing that survived is a Bible: "God is Great and he reigns forever"...

A Tsunami kills thousands of people in Japan : "God works in mysterious ways"... undecided
That was not an excuse. It is the truth we believe in.

donnffd:

Thats because of the timescale my brother, Modern Humans have just been around for 200,000years, the last major asteroid disaster was 65million years ago (and unfortunately it ddnt pan out well for the dinosaurs)
And you know this, how?

donnffd:

are you reading yourself?, somehow biblical facts is different from scientifical facts!!! Thats a new one.

You believe the world was created in 7days, then thats fine, but please for the sake of our future, dont tell your kids that, because you would be scarring them for life
How does the truth scar one for life? I don't feel scarred for life. Neither will my kids.

donnffd:

Oh, i get, God releases his products in stages, so there is going to be an upgrade soon, Body 2.0 or something like that, i see...

i taught he was perfect though
Yes, when we die, the true being, our soul, leaves the temporary vessel, our body and either ascends to eternal glory or descends to eternal punishment.

donnffd:

I love to see an engineer who would design a fantastic multi-functional device, a toilet plunger/a baby birther...it should be amazing

Yes. God's design is amazing.

Donnffd, Jesus loves you.
Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by donnffd(m): 1:03pm On Jun 03, 2016
Kaycee7:
That was not an excuse. It is the truth we believe in.

have fun in your belief, i prefer to live in the real world though.

And you know this, how?

http://gizmodo.com/what-killed-the-dinosaurs-was-more-devastating-than-an-1733831989

http://www.universetoday.com/38125/how-long-have-humans-been-on-earth/

Read an encyclopedia, or something, Educate yourself...Reading is not a sin, you wont go to hell for informing yourself

How does the truth scar one for life? I don't feel scarred for life. Neither will my kids.

That statement right there, thats the scar...how can a person from the 21st century with all of the technological advances and scientific knowledge of his time assert that the earth was created in seven days and even go further to call it the truth? SMH, kia cry

refer to the image below

read books, scientific journals, scientific news, websites, watch documentaries...please stop being so ignorant

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by SimpleBea(m): 1:29pm On Jun 03, 2016
I dont want to push this!. But, If you believe or you don't believe. He will never change. Even though you speaks evil of him. He will never bulge.

So far you are still on this earth breathing in what He created, using one of His design to your benefits. You are still his creature and He is your creator!.
donnffd:

oh really? i thought he was busy being non-existent
Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by Kaycee7(m): 1:57pm On Jun 03, 2016
donnffd:

have fun in your belief, i prefer to live in the real world though.
I don't usually argue with atheists because we are too similar. You choose to believe there is no god. I choose to believe there is God. How do you know your world is real? Reality is a matter of perception.

http://gizmodo.com/what-killed-the-dinosaurs-was-more-devastating-than-an-1733831989

http://www.universetoday.com/38125/how-long-have-humans-been-on-earth/

Read an encyclopedia, or something, Educate yourself...Reading is not a sin, you wont go to hell for informing yourself
Sighs!!! I was hoping you would tell me you saw it. After all, you guys say you don't believe in God because you can't see him. I do read, voraciously, I might add. Reading and believing what you read are 2 different things. I choose what I believe just as you choose yours.

That statement right there, thats the scar...how can a person from the 21st century with all of the technological advances and scientific knowledge of his time assert that the earth was created in seven days and even go further to call it the truth? SMH, kia cry

refer to the image below

read books, scientific journals, scientific news, websites, watch documentaries...please stop being so ignorant

How can a human being created by God assert that the world wasn't created in 7 days? With points provided by another human?

Like I said, it's a deadlock. Your reasons against theism apply to atheism as well. In the end, it's all a matter of faith.

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by donnffd(m): 3:43pm On Jun 03, 2016
Kaycee7:

You choose to believe there is no god. I choose to believe there is God.

You see, that's where we are different, i don't want to believe, i want to know...how do i know?, well 500 years ago, i probably would have stuck to believing but you know what propped up?, Science; a method in which you can verifiably know things through empirical evidence and experimentation. You make a claim, i ask for the evidence for making that claim, you provide me with the evidence, i conclude that it is possible your claim is true...

Sighs!!! I was hoping you would tell me you saw it. After all, you guys say you don't believe in God because you can't see him. I do read, voraciously, I might add. Reading and believing what you read are 2 different things. I choose what I believe just as you choose yours.

Your argument is like saying a homocide detective shouldnt arrest anybody because he did not witness the murder... i beg to differ, you can use evidence like DNA, type of weapon, fingerprint, camera footage to deduce the culprit to a crime even if you were not there. That's not believing, that's using evidence.
A scientist says modern humans were around 200,000years ago, i ask whats your evidence to that claim, they bring me bones locked into a rock, we carry out experiments to age the rocks using Radio-dating, the age of that rock falls to around 200,000years, obviously the bone would have been older for it to be inside the rock(meaning the rock formed around it). i conclude that this scientist claim is valid and feasible

Thats how science is done, not belief

How can a human being created by God assert that the world wasn't created in 7 days? With points provided by another human?

You claim to read, i am sure you must know how to find out the age of rocks, if you dont, please go research on it.

From all the rocks aged, the oldest was 4.6 billion years, that just means that the foundation of the earth is at least 4.6 billion years old...

The evidence is right there, you can see it and test it for yourself, no need for belief.

Like I said, it's a deadlock. Your reasons against theism apply to atheism as well. In the end, it's all a matter of faith.

its only a deadlock when you purely decide to ignore the evidence. i cant speak for other atheists, but i use reason and empirical evidence, not faith...if you can provide an evidence or experiment that i can reproduce which proves the Christian God, trust me, i would be a devote christian tomorrow, until then, i regard your claim as similar as the tooth fairy and the spaghetti monster...

NB: Note i dont claim that there is no god or gods, i cant know that, but what i do know is that there is no empirical evidence or reason supporting the existence of all the gods i have been told to exist...
Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by Kaycee7(m): 4:05pm On Jun 03, 2016
donnffd:

You see, that's where we are different, i don't want to believe, i want to know...how do i know?, well 500 years ago, i probably would have stuck to believing but you know what propped up?, Science; a method in which you can verifiably know things through empirical evidence and experimentation. You make a claim, i ask for the evidence for making that claim, you provide me with the evidence, i conclude that it is possible your claim is true...
And if it is true, you believe. We read the bible, conclude it's true and believe. We're similar. It gives me no joy to admit it.

Your argument is like saying a homocide detective shouldnt arrest anybody because he did not witness the murder... i beg to differ, you can use evidence like DNA, type of weapon, fingerprint, camera footage to deduce the culprit to a crime even if you were not there. That's not believing, that's using evidence.
A scientist says modern humans were around 200,000years ago, i ask whats your evidence to that claim, they bring me bones locked into a rock, we carry out experiments to age the rocks using Radio-dating, the age of that rock falls to around 200,000years, obviously the bone would have been older for it to be inside the rock(meaning the rock formed around it). i conclude that this scientist claim is valid and feasible

Thats how science is done, not belief
DNA, fingerprint and camera footage. All physical evidence the eyes can see. "We carry out experiments". Did you carry out these experiments personally? Or did you read the results of someone's experiments?

You claim to read, i am sure you must know how to find out the age of rocks, if you dont, please go research on it.

From all the rocks aged, the oldest was 4.6 billion years, that just means that the foundation of the earth is at least 4.6 billion years old...

The evidence is right there, you can see it and test it for yourself, no need for belief.
Like I asked, did you carry out the test yourself?

its only a deadlock when you purely decide to ignore the evidence. i cant speak for other atheists, but i use reason and empirical evidence, not faith...if you can provide an evidence or experiment that i can reproduce which proves the Christian God, trust me, i would be a devote christian tomorrow, until then, i regard your claim as similar as the tooth fairy and the spaghetti monster...

NB: Note i dont claim that there is no god or gods, i cant know that, but what i do know is that there is no empirical evidence or reason supporting the existence of all the gods i have been told to exist...
It's a deadlock because I too regard some of your experiments as manipulated conspiracies.

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by UyiIredia(m): 5:35pm On Jun 03, 2016
@ donnffd Even if the flaws where three times what you have written. God will still be a good designer given the complexity and beauty of the systems he has made.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by Nobody: 12:02am On Jun 04, 2016
Muafrika2:

Just another pained atheist.
Pained?? Are you reading yourself right now??
Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by Nobody: 3:04am On Jun 04, 2016
SirWere:
Pained?? Are you reading yourself right now??

Am not sure about you lost one, but all atheists have issues.

Is your dad a pastor? How did you end up in church?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:07am On Jun 04, 2016
UyiIredia:
@ donnffd Even if the flaws where three times what you have written. God will still be a good designer given the complexity and beauty of the systems he has made.

Functional too
Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 04, 2016
Muafrika2:
Am not sure about you lost one, but all atheists have issues.
Is your dad a pastor? How did you end up in church?
Lost one?? Issues??
You don't know me
Dad's an elder, Mom's a super patronizer of prayer grounds.....
I even still do evangelism cry
Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by Nobody: 5:20am On Jun 05, 2016
SirWere:

Lost one?? Issues??

You don't know me

Dad's an elder, Mom's a super patronizer of prayer grounds.....

I even still do evangelism cry

Lost in darkness. That's where all people that have not met God live. Light is the thing that reveals God. And revelation is a personal introduction by God Himself to the believer. So bro, you are lost. Together with billions just like you busy serving in church without knowing God.

Of course I don't know you, that's why I asked. And you don't have to answer. Especially the next question... in fact, let's treat it as a rhetorical question.

So what's stopping you from leaving? (Not that you should. I mean if Judas could preach and work miracles after Jesus sent them out two by Two. So I encourage everybody to preach Christ. Saved or not. His lordship is over all men believers or not.)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by ifenes(m): 5:31am On Jun 05, 2016
And the silly god created gay people that he hated so much... What a story for kids
Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by Nobody: 6:00am On Jun 05, 2016
Infidel ↑
Re: God Is Literally A Stupid Designer by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:25am On Jun 05, 2016
ifenes:
And the silly god created gay people that he hated so much... What a story for kids

It's a matter of choice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! / Why Seek Ye The Living Among The Dead? He Is Risen! / Despicable Act : Jesus Encourage Eating Human Flesh - Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.