Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,710 members, 7,844,339 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler (38798 Views)

Jonathan Made Mistakes, But Buhari Is A Mistake – Reno Omokri / Jonathan Made Osinbajo’s Tour Of Niger Delta A Success - Niger Delta Militants / Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by Zieristclair(m): 10:23pm On Jun 02, 2016
SonOfEl:
You can all keep ranting while the world appreciates GEJ. The traditional ruler only said gej "made a mistake", some zombies here decided to remix it as gej being the mistake.

Buhari wants to score cheap political point by cleaning up ogoni. He should go ahead, after all, that's the president's duty. But he won't deceive those who know him for who he really is.
definitely far better than your hero who couldnt even do anything to score his own cheap political points,even things as small as potable water in his village!

2 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by InvertedHammer: 10:33pm On Jun 02, 2016
madridguy:
Let raise our voice to pray for King Godwin Giniwa for saying the gospel truth. I pray Almighty God protect you sir against his killer squad, snipers, IPOD, NDA.

/
The inebriated one was busy building almajiri schools all over the North and neglected his backyard. Otuoke has no clean water supply.

The word Hero has been abused. But then coming from Nigeria, the land where good means bad, I can understand.

If Jonathan is the best President that Nigeria ever had, look around you and you will see why Nigeria is and will remain a sh!thole.

\

2 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by InvertedHammer: 10:42pm On Jun 02, 2016
SonOfEl:
You can all keep ranting while the world appreciates GEJ. The traditional ruler only said gej "made a mistake", some zombies here decided to remix it as gej being the mistake.

Buhari wants to score cheap political point by cleaning up ogoni. He should go ahead, after all, that's the president's duty. But he won't deceive those who know him for who he really is.
/
You are more interested in how people who live thousands of miles away feel about Jonathan than how he impacted your life. LOL.

With some cash, you get an award. Ask Indimi. The folks giving the awards have no intentions of visiting Nigeria in their life time. They couldn't care less. Awards? Even Bruce(/Catlyn) Jenner is packing them in cartons. Is that your yardstick?

\

1 Like

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by Orikinla(m): 11:00pm On Jun 02, 2016
BossKratos:
Jonathan himself was a MISTAKE!

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by Orikinla(m): 11:01pm On Jun 02, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
You are more interested in how people who live thousands of miles away feel about Jonathan than how he impacted your life. LOL.

With some cash, you get an award. Ask Indimi. The folks giving the awards have no intentions of visiting Nigeria in their life time. They couldn't care less. Awards? Even Bruce(/Catlyn) Jenner is packing them in cartons. Is that your yardstick?

\
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by stevecantrell: 11:37pm On Jun 02, 2016
Jabioro:
Jonathan was a mistake,and we Nigerian made another mistake of selecting him,so it was a great "mistake Errors"

Jonathan: OBJs greatest mistake.
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by MICHEALADEX(m): 12:18am On Jun 03, 2016
undecidedPlz why did he do his mouth like that

DONSMITH123:
grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by SonOfEl(m): 12:18am On Jun 03, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/

\

Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by Subway1011: 12:35am On Jun 03, 2016
todayboy:

The clean up is scam and fake
It like sanitation in Lagos
Nothing good will come out from it
The best clean up is to handover the oil wells to Niger deltans

You are truly a todays boy.
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by awesomeb1783(m): 4:20am On Jun 03, 2016
Your ignorance and illiteracy has matured.
todayboy:
What's the benefit of the clean up to ogoni people
Will the clean up turn ogoni to Dubai
Why the hype of the clean up
The clean up is just like normal sanitation in Lagos
That's why Buhari ignore the ceremony
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by ogunsbanjul(m): 6:03am On Jun 03, 2016
Thank God for bringing Buhari as the president of Nigeria to redeem the destroyed nation's economy through corruptions by the former government. We should always be appreciating. Despite dat Rivers state is d state where the former wife of the president came from, because of their selfish interests they abandoned the home and community responsibilities. Still some agents of doom still praise PDP and condemning president for sending his vice.what else do u want? I thank God onbehalf of the people of ogoni land for the launch of clean up of the environment
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by Nobody: 6:40am On Jun 03, 2016
You call that a mistake! A mere mistake!!
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by nurusystem(m): 7:28am On Jun 03, 2016
say it loud ,,,Jonathan Was a Biggest Mistake 2 nigerians
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by Ezeebube2(m): 8:24am On Jun 03, 2016
madridguy:
Let raise our voice to pray for King Godwin Giniwa for saying the gospel truth. I pray Almighty God protect you sir against his killer squad, snipers, IPOD, NDA.

APC or this government plays politics with everything. I do
not know if some of us think the clean up is the usual
monthly sanitation some states do. We have refused to ask
questions.
Like one of us said;
(1) How do you flag off a project when there is no funding
for the project? The F.G has a counterpart funding to the
1billion dollar clean up fund as JV partner to make, but has
no mention of Ogoni in the 2016 budget. How does F.G
intend to get the money?
(2) Where in the world is a project flagged off without a
project manager or project coordinator?
(3) Where is the clean up implementation plan? What is the
scope and extent of the first phase that was flagged off
yesterday? What method?
(4) What exactly is the President flagging of when no
contract has been awarded to any known company.
(5) When no single Ogoni youth has been trained for the
exercise.
There is God o! The deceit F.G is sharing!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by sweetgala(m): 8:52am On Jun 03, 2016
VampireeM:

If GEJ promised to clean up ogoniland I dont know and I dont care.. I'm talking of the present where the ball-less president sent his VP and the fact Osinbanjo should get the title.

Because the main thing the nation needs now is a dead Fulani president.

I'm glad baba stayed in Aso villa. Even thou he is my kinsman Osinbajo is replaceable, Buhari is not and the political fall out would be just too much.
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by sweetgala(m): 8:56am On Jun 03, 2016
todayboy:
What's the benefit of the clean up to ogoni people
Will the clean up turn ogoni to Dubai
Why the hype of the clean up
The clean up is just like normal sanitation in Lagos
That's why Buhari ignore the ceremony

1 billion dollars no be moi moi..
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by sweetgala(m): 9:00am On Jun 03, 2016
SonOfEl:

You should go watch the video on channels tv because the king said more than that. He literally kicked PDP in the teeth while Wike sat there listening and fuming inside. He had to endure the praise given to Amaechi and the love shown to Buhari throughout the event.

The king tried his best to be apolitical but could not avoid lambasting GEJ and PDP even speaking about the use of “guns and money” to campaign for elections.

It was a day of shame for GEJ there were no kind words for him even OBJ who is long gone got a lot of praise for starting the UNEP research
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by sweetgala(m): 9:03am On Jun 03, 2016
Kaira333:
Op, hope u told us dat d man said Good luck is a good and quite man. Or u only picked dat he made a mistake as ur topic? Just because u are a zombie, wait let me ask you, are u perfect? Who on this earth Neva made a mistake? Please pack well jari.

Moreover when will this APC fools leave Jonathan alone? Every time Jonathan dis Jonathan dat. Please u guys should carry una failure and leave him alone. Mtewwwwwwww.

Iro nla the king while criticizing him added in “he is my son, a quiet boy” in those exact words
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by sweetgala(m): 9:08am On Jun 03, 2016
erico2k2:

But we need to know how much was voted for this clean up.would it be Indigeanous or unknown company.when will they start? What area?what's the duration. Will the cost be made public?

1 billion dollars, money from the OIC, UN a few multinational companies and FG among others

A governing body to oversee the exercise would be drawn up soon as well as other commitees. The UNEP would oversee the execution.

Remember this is a 30 year plan so Buhari would be long dead by the time this is complete and many presidents would have come and gone but PMB would be forever remembered for this sole action.
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by SonOfEl(m): 9:12am On Jun 03, 2016
sweetgala:

You should go watch the video on channels tv because the king said more than that. He literally kicked PDP in the teeth while Wike sat there listening and fuming inside. He had to endure the praise given to Amaechi and the love shown to Buhari throughout the event.

The king tried his best to be apolitical but could not avoid lambasting GEJ and PDP even speaking about the use of “guns and money” to campaign for elections.

It was a day of shame for GEJ there were no kind words for him even OBJ who is long gone got a lot of praise for starting the UNEP research

FROM DAY ONE, AREWA DISTRACTED HIM WITH BOMBINGS AND BOMBINGS. If gej had championed the clean up, they will say he cares only about his kinsmen and not the terror-sieged northeast despite the amnesty and sponsorship given to the ex militants.

NOW THAT THEIR Buhari IS IN POWER, THE AREWAS SHOULD USE THE OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN UP THE MESS AND WASTAGE THEY HAVE BEEN CAUSING IN OGONI ALL THIS YEARS.
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by SonOfEl(m): 9:19am On Jun 03, 2016
ogunsbanjul:
Thank God for bringing Buhari as the president of Nigeria to redeem the destroyed nation's economy through corruptions by the former government. We should always be appreciating. Despite dat Rivers state is d state where the former wife of the president came from, because of their selfish interests they abandoned the home and community responsibilities. Still some agents of doom still praise PDP and condemning president for sending his vice.what else do u want? I thank God onbehalf of the people of ogoni land for the launch of clean up of the environment

Keep up with your sycophancy. Arewa people and their foreign cohorts must clean up the mess and spillage they caused in ogoni land. BTW, if they didn't make Nigeria "ungovernable", gej's distraction would not have been this obvious. Whether you like it or not, he is still loved by the SE/SS. All this political charade in ogoni cleanup inauguration is just to get more gullible observers like you. My prayer is that they maintain their word of cleaning up the mess they and their collaborators caused.
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by sweetgala(m): 9:23am On Jun 03, 2016
phranq:

GEJ will alwz be a hero. u n I muv abt d streets without any fear of being hit by bullet frm either n Fed forces or d opposing side. ogoni land has bin dat way since d discovery of oil in Nig. wot killed Ken Saro Wiwa? ogoni land issue. if we wia to be in military era will any of us hear go online n abuse our head of state?? hw many times did u abuse OBJ during his regime? wen OBJ sent military guys to Odi to deal with dem, where were u?? possibly strapped at ua mama's back!!! who did d UNEP report n in whose regime was d report done....again u dnt kw. mind u, I'm not fanning for GEJ but for dat singular act of not doing a normal African president will do...he will remain a hero because we Nigerians r in peace today is because of him(yes u can argue dat..its ua right). hw many regimes has come n gone....maybe ogoni land has not bin in existence den....lemme stp here for nw

Let me please correct this your stupid post so others may be informed, sometimes in 2002 OBJ invited UNEP and the research began , Yar' adua consolidated OBJ effort and the report was completed sometimes in 2011 after which the docile one Darth GEJ sat on the report for 4 year turning a deaf ear to the pleas from UN , Ogonni civil societies and Father Kukah who was selected by the Vatican for this purpose

PMB was only invited to see the ogonni land in a stop over during his campaign and he made a promise which as of now is the first major long term policy action undertaken by this FG

Jonathan is a disgrace

1 Like

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by Zieristclair(m): 9:27am On Jun 03, 2016
lacasera14:
lol I couldn't agree more with you, never knew our president was that scared . beats me
brave man!
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by sweetgala(m): 9:34am On Jun 03, 2016
SonOfEl:

FROM DAY ONE, AREWA DISTRACTED HIM WITH BOMBINGS AND BOMBINGS. If gej had championed the clean up, they will say he cares only about his kinsmen and not the terror-sieged northeast despite the amnesty and sponsorship given to the ex militants.

NOW THAT THEIR Buhari IS IN POWER, THE AREWAS SHOULD USE THE OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN UP THE MESS AND WASTAGE THEY HAVE BEEN CAUSING IN OGONI ALL THIS YEARS.

Wow how daft. For the most part the clean up is not being payed for by Nigeria; all the FG need to do is cosent to the clean up and enagage a working committee and see to it's success. UN and the IOCs are putting up over 80% of the 1 billion dollars

Can I also address the falsehoods that have been pandered about recently.

There are only a handful of northerners who own oil blocks. At most accounting for 25% ownership. I'll estimate that SW players own the vast majority since all lucrative oil blocks had already been taken up by the IOC who sometimes in 2012 started selling their stake in the on shore facilities due to security concerns, they had grown tired of the incesant vandalism and kidnapping
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by SonOfEl(m): 10:13am On Jun 03, 2016
sweetgala:

Wow how daft. For the most part the clean up is not being payed for by Nigeria; all the FG need to do is cosent to the clean up and enagage a working committee and see to it's success. UN and the IOCs are putting up over 80% of the 1 billion dollars

Can I also address the falsehoods that have been pandered about recently.

There are only a handful of northerners who own oil blocks. At most accounting for 25% ownership. I'll estimate that SW players own the vast majority since all lucrative oil blocks had already been taken up by the IOC who sometimes in 2012 started selling their stake in the on shore facilities due to security concerns, they had grown tired of the incesant vandalism and kidnapping

Investors cannot come and misbehave in a community while its host ( in this case, the arewas running the nigerian govt for decades) do nothing.

Last time I checked, arewas were still holding more oil blocks.
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by laikas: 10:42am On Jun 03, 2016
IgweBUIKE1:
I believe is a failure.. Buh tell me what you lack in his days? a Yoruba said dis today and I quote; its only foolishness that's not curable and he ended up saying that the Yoruba race is foolish... them be like Chelsea and arsenal fan they can never see beyond their nose... wait till you turn beggar before you realise how dull ur preaido is ...if you follow God the way you follow buhari.. am sure by now you for for beta pass Obama
why qoute me, kilode?
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by dadexcel: 12:36pm On Jun 03, 2016
BossKratos:
cheesy

Bros why are you so pained? So the "traditional ruler in ogoni land that called jonathans name is now an apc member" too?

Had I known!
............ And can you prove that he is not an APC foot soldier?. ..... You used the 'had I known'.. Clause.... Guess your already seeing the handwriting on the wall.......
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by sweetgala(m): 1:10pm On Jun 03, 2016
SonOfEl:

Investors cannot come and misbehave in a community while its host ( in this case, the arewas running the nigerian govt for decades) do nothing.

Last time I checked, arewas were still holding more oil blocks.

Investors are not misbehaving it has been proven beyond reasonable doubt that vandalism is the primary reason for Oil spills accounting for 80% of incidents mechanical failure being the second factor at 16% and other factors after
Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by franchizy(m): 1:10pm On Jun 03, 2016
jonathan is human also he is not perfect.atleast he commissioned alot in his his 1 year in office.everything he did northerers benefited more just to please them yet they were not still satisfied,let buhari do d cleanup in order to please d 5% too no be bad thing.buharia never commisioned even a borehole in his first 1yr in office all he comissioned was hunger and hardship..let him please them jari though i know his interest is d oil .nothing else.

[q
uote author=Onix01 post=46208090]Today isn't one of the days Jona will want to be called a hero. The name is a mockery to his actions. I guess he's full of regrets and wishes he turns back the hands of time. The Lesson is always do good for your community for you shall return back someday.[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler by SonOfEl(m): 7:26pm On Jun 03, 2016
sweetgala:

Investors are not misbehaving it has been proven beyond reasonable doubt that vandalism is the primary reason for Oil spills accounting for 80% of incidents mechanical failure being the second factor at 16% and other factors after

Oil spillage did not start today. Shell bp, Chevron and co has been responsible since the 70s, although they compensated the ogoni community, yet spillage continued.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"No Referendum, No 2019 Election In South-East" - Nnamdi Kanu / Zainab Asari Dokubo Is Dead. Accident Kills Asari Dokubo's Wife / Adorable Photos Of President Buhari's First Great-grandchild

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.