Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,498 members, 7,816,190 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

FG Scraps Post-ume - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Scraps Post-ume (74454 Views)

Breaking! FG Scraps Tuition Fees In Federal Universities. / NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities / FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Dammysmart: 6:05pm On Jun 02, 2016
Now it is obvious 180 is the general cutoff mark... if u score below 180, don't waste time go and get IJMB forms which is a direct ticket to any university of your choice 200l....forms are still on and closing very soon. call or chat 0806-735-1082 for more information. hurry and escape next years jamb plus meet your mates in 200l next year.
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by ziccoit: 6:09pm On Jun 02, 2016
ganisucks:
Another example of talking before thinking. PostUme was set up by a law, and can only be stopped after wide consultations between NASS and the respective tertiary institutions. This government is clueless, unintelligent and useless. ASUU strike loading.

Imagine! This is pathetic when you assumed everyone on social media were supposed to be educated. This is one of the reason I have reduced my social media interaction nowadays. Kids forming adults abound everywhere.

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by lacasera14(m): 6:09pm On Jun 02, 2016
Dem de craze, after post ume Don frustrate me finish na now dem com scrap am, by now I for don graduate rubbish!!!
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by AreaFada2: 6:12pm On Jun 02, 2016
manakocha:
my own take is to see the meaningless JAMB being scraped. SSCE should be made more efficient for entry as it is in other better countries of the wold...

word JAMB self dey scare person - abi who won jam for life.
They should re-introduce HSC or A levels.
A certificate that is valid for life and can be used as minimum for police, army and paramilitary recruitment and certain other lower cadre positions. A new 6-5-2-3/4/5 system. It works well in UK, France, Germany, etc.

Jamb should just be a central application office like ZVS in Germany or UCAS in UK.
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by mkoabiola: 6:12pm On Jun 02, 2016
Am very sure all vC's and rectors will not b happy with ds news,cos ptume it a money making venture for dem.

Now,man knw man will set in.
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by tens4real(m): 6:13pm On Jun 02, 2016
abeg oo does it mean that there won't be post ume this year someone should quote me pls I need answers
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by seunlayi(m): 6:19pm On Jun 02, 2016
Reintroducing corruption into our system
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Bimpe29: 6:21pm On Jun 02, 2016
This is good development, because the rational behind post UME is more of commercial and profit making than absolute evaluation.
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Thomsyne(m): 6:23pm On Jun 02, 2016
We really do hope the likes of Ife adhere to NO POST-UTME... Buh omo... How de go dey take select students bayii?? ANyways, for the Jambite... After Jamb 'jams' you, what next to do and me I still wanna ask sf, what do yu think, was JAMB 2016: A failure or a failure??
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by SirdimayG(m): 6:25pm On Jun 02, 2016
So both uni,poly and college of education cut off mark are now 180 undecided
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by deeorji1(m): 6:26pm On Jun 02, 2016
This actually sounds ike a good news to prospective jambites because they will gain more admission now than before. it will also cause money dry for all the people gaining from the post ume exercise
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by delexy123: 6:30pm On Jun 02, 2016
ishowdotgmail:
Why exempting UI, OAU nd Unilag......

Well the answer is simple; 3 best institutions in nigeria

Location; all in SOUTH WEST nigeria tongue
As if going to the so called 'big schools' you mentioned above makes you a better person than others. And come challenge me only if you are better placed in position than PMB.
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Anthony496(m): 6:31pm On Jun 02, 2016
So me. Way get 210 go enter unical for med lab

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by SirdimayG(m): 6:32pm On Jun 02, 2016
So uni,poly and college of education now have 180 as their cut off mark
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Malikko(m): 6:33pm On Jun 02, 2016
Abeg, is that the CGPA system they ought to have introduced to Senior Secondary schools which will effectively be a real measure of student's performance over time
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Malikko(m): 6:34pm On Jun 02, 2016
Abeg, is that the CGPA system they ought to have introduced to Senior Secondary schools which will effectively be a real measure of student's performance over time
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by breehzy99(m): 6:36pm On Jun 02, 2016
HMMMMMM..... Hope UI won't make there cut-off above 240 o. Abeg.. Got 246. Even though I knw I definitely got better than wah I was given. Nawa oo. . Let's see what happens next sha..

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by kingsamosy(m): 6:37pm On Jun 02, 2016
this is a senseless decision, admission will now go for the highest bidder. post UTME,helps the poor brilliant ones secure admission. with the nonsense JAMB conducted this year.

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Coolabbie: 6:38pm On Jun 02, 2016
ganisucks:
Another example of talking before thinking. PostUme was set up by a law, and can only be stopped after wide consultations between NASS and the respective tertiary institutions. This government is clueless, unintelligent and useless. ASUU strike loading.
See how you just fall hand in public.
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by agabaI23(m): 6:42pm On Jun 02, 2016
ganisucks:
You sabi!!!
he will come back and say he was misquoted...

Someone is seeking favour from the youths. I don't know where he was when the Post UTME was incorporated into the admission system.
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 02, 2016
menix:

I am sure ur mother is my junior..

For the fact that ur mother failed doesn't mean other's mothers are failures.
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Certifiedboss: 6:43pm On Jun 02, 2016
Endison:

http://thenationonlineng.net/fg-scraps-post-utme/

The post UME is for them to make money. A situation where over 10,000 students will purchase the firm at the rate of 5k
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by dafuturis(m): 6:45pm On Jun 02, 2016
ishowdotgmail:

He did not per say exempt them. He's aware some universities don't admit below 200, so he only mentioned schools he remembered. Uniben, unilorin etc also don't admit below 200
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Fickie(m): 6:50pm On Jun 02, 2016
bettercreature:
This will just make admission more difficult for a common man
With post UTME,they have no choice they must give you admission if you beat the cut of mark
But now it will boil down to connection,i mean you have to bribe before you get admission
and how was it done before?
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Sanchase: 6:51pm On Jun 02, 2016
Haha 181 can only get you to study native doctor in UNILAG no be only medicine. Some Universities won't go below 200 according to the report.

menix:
Thank God ooo!!!, with my 181 i will get admitted into UNILAG to study medicine...
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by menix(m): 7:04pm On Jun 02, 2016
LARRYDKING:

For the fact that ur mother failed doesn't mean other's mothers are failures.

HAhahahahahaha....

u just made me realize u re a measuring device to failed mothers....
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by SIMPLIFIED(m): 7:04pm On Jun 02, 2016
ishowdotgmail:

UNIBEN will never go below 200 too and it is in South - south. . Tribalism is worse than racism
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by franugo(m): 7:06pm On Jun 02, 2016
ishowdotgmail:

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by SirZeek(m): 7:15pm On Jun 02, 2016
This is a welcomed development. During my time, a travelled by road for sixteen hours just to sit for an exam that was less than an hour, of which i passed but wasn't offered admission. can't wait to hear same about NYSC.

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by coldFLARES1(m): 7:23pm On Jun 02, 2016
bettercreature:
This will just make admission more difficult for a common man
With post UTME,they have no choice they must give you admission if you beat the cut of mark
But now it will boil down to connection,i mean you have to bribe before you get admission
If I had applied to study engineering when there was no PUME, it would have been a certainty than I would beat the Jamb cutoff ten times and still never study engineering.

For applicants whose parents are poor, today should go down as one very sad day because many reams would be truncated by this singular pronouncement.

So here's the official confirmation that we are back to pre-2006 era where admission is procured by all means except merit. who I'm papa no get money and still want go university go ready to study education, music, history, animal and environmental biology, philosophy and the likes. It is well!
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by pennywys(m): 7:26pm On Jun 02, 2016
Rocketmaster:
Read also - [url=dailyvibes.ml] Buhari Set To Build A Project in Kaduna[/url]
ur broken blogg link fail you, its not appearing
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Bluffly: 7:28pm On Jun 02, 2016
mcdonald247:
Is a welcome development many shool are using post UME as source of extra revenue for the state,jamb should wake up now,another observation,My minister let the duration for JAMB result be 4years

4 years is too much. Such exams around the world expires after 2 years from the date of the exam.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

WAEC 2020: Meet Ogwubie Chikemzi Praise Who Made Parallel A's In Her WAEC Result / Veritas University: A Look At The School Fees Structure (photos) / South African Schoolgirls Smoking In School. See Reactions (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.