Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,320 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

FG Scraps Post-ume - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Scraps Post-ume (74457 Views)

Breaking! FG Scraps Tuition Fees In Federal Universities. / NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities / FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Mixty: 7:28pm On Jun 02, 2016
Good decision by FG. I have always despised that concept of post UTME. Why have JAMB as a National exam body if institutions will still go ahead and conduct their exams?
The post UTME is just a money making venture for the schools.

2 Likes

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by yetunsbay(m): 7:30pm On Jun 02, 2016
menix:
Thank God ooo!!!, with my 181 i will get admitted into UNILAG to study medicine...
O.Y.O
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by maleekfrenzy(m): 7:33pm On Jun 02, 2016
Even if pume was to be scraped it shouldn't av bn diz year..this year's UTME is rubbish
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by menix(m): 7:34pm On Jun 02, 2016
Sanchase:
Haha 181 can only get you to study native doctor in UNILAG no be only medicine. Some Universities won't go below 200 according to the report.

Broz if its in the same faculty with medicine, i dont mind, i will cross over in my 200L....

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by HonabFaj(m): 7:35pm On Jun 02, 2016
Good News hope the universities and institutions can adopt it ,studying Aerospace Engineering here in UPM I applied with my WAEC result ,if I gain admission outside my country with WAEC certificate why cant it happen in my country
A New Nation
A New Nigeria
One step after the other we shall get there
#Ibelieve

2 Likes

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by xcelo27: 7:40pm On Jun 02, 2016
Kindda confused..post utme scrapped but yet institutions cn screen its candidates..wots d diff btw post utme nd d screening exercise
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 02, 2016
Nice one!
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by paulGrundy(m): 7:41pm On Jun 02, 2016
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by glossy6(f): 7:43pm On Jun 02, 2016
ganisucks:
Another example of talking before thinking. PostUme was set up by a law, and can only be stopped after wide consultations between NASS and the respective tertiary institutions. This government is clueless, unintelligent and useless. ASUU strike loading.

hmm gani sucks
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by icankel: 7:48pm On Jun 02, 2016
igboboy3:
This is not going to work because JAMB lacks capacity in many ways. I have seen people with 270 in JAMB yet they flop in University

Universities will continue to find ways to weed out chaff

FG should scrap Jamb and liberalise the Universities. Keep a regulatory cap on fees but allow them to compete for the best and brightest students.
Are u sure u dint enter University tru d back windownot even d front window cos u wouldve agreed with me dat is a gud move by d govt aspecially now d cost of living is very high in d country

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by emmkeffs(f): 7:51pm On Jun 02, 2016
ganisucks:
Another example of talking before thinking. PostUme was set up by a law, and can only be stopped after wide consultations between NASS and the respective tertiary institutions. This government is clueless, unintelligent and useless. ASUU strike loading.

you had the courage of reminding us of a law. Grant us the opportunity of providing us with the is action and the year such bill was passed.

2 Likes

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by olayinkajnr(m): 7:53pm On Jun 02, 2016
ganisucks:

Lmao?? What law? And in which constitution? All these I want to make a point attitude self.. I wan talk, I wan talk..

2 Likes

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 02, 2016
Baawaa:
That is a good news,because most of our universities has turned it to avenue of making money.

By murdering the English language here, I can say with no iota of doubts that you are not a product of a university.

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by SC31(f): 7:55pm On Jun 02, 2016
chenemi123:
Waooh.......excellent decision. Loop holes for extorting money from student by our territary institution is nw block. Adamu Adamu, well done jare...............wailing wailer, una don hear abi?
you really think so?
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by SC31(f): 7:56pm On Jun 02, 2016
donzilaro:
please ohh what do they mean by "other institutions can do their screening" and how will they now conduct screening...
exactly
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Dabex171: 7:57pm On Jun 02, 2016
Wat of DE post ume cus I av already obtain jamb direct entry

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by gretblue: 7:59pm On Jun 02, 2016
ganisucks:
Bros kindly detail us with the section of the law that establishes post UME or you remain silence till eternity.This is how your type go around to criticize every government policy without providing an option.

2 Likes

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Tex42(m): 7:59pm On Jun 02, 2016
Hmmm! A welcome development.
ASUU strike loading.
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by wman(m): 8:00pm On Jun 02, 2016
Total nonsense. JAMB is not a reliable method of testing intelligence of candidates. A lot of them cheat.
POST-UTME is a very good counter check to separate the wheat from the chaff.
Dropouts in universities have reduced since when POST-UTME was introduced.
This would be good news to all this dullards who can't scale through the POST-UTME hurdle.

Is JAMB as a body even reliable? Their exams are full of many loopholes, incoherencies and nonsense.

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by SC31(f): 8:01pm On Jun 02, 2016
pfadom:

Why is it so hard to think before making comments. What is clueless in this policy? To curb corruption, you have to block all avenues that aid the monster. What good thing had post-UTME offered prospective candidates to our tertiary institutions rather than milking the parents dry.

Please think.
pls what good thing has jamb offered
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by pennywys(m): 8:03pm On Jun 02, 2016
our unique Uniport is still 270 for med/surgery
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by IamLukas(m): 8:12pm On Jun 02, 2016
It is a nice development I must say but it is going to open ways for more corrupt practices.
U cant get into competitive courses like Law,EcoStat,Medicine except U know who know somebody and U are ready to part with some cool cash.
JAMB has not been fair for some years now,it should be scrapped instead!
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by jolay554(f): 8:12pm On Jun 02, 2016
Shebi diz policy takes effect from now
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 02, 2016
menix:

HAhahahahahaha....

u just made me realize u re a measuring device to failed mothers....

That doesn't stop ur mother from being a failed entity u know she is.
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by menix(m): 8:18pm On Jun 02, 2016
LARRYDKING:

That doesn't stop ur mother from being a failed entity u know she is.

Are u saying ur mum is the device u use
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Dante2008(m): 8:25pm On Jun 02, 2016
Unblockable:

What's this one saying? Pls can you provide us with the section of the Constitution that says anything about Post-UTME? Pls do help me with it because I don't have the copy on my phone right now. Besides, stop blaming this Government over nothing. It makes you look like an unserious fellow.
GBAM, abeg help me tell ham to provide evidence, we they wait oooooooooo

2 Likes

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by bluecircle470: 8:30pm On Jun 02, 2016
ganisucks:

This government is unintelligent as u are!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by xcelo27: 8:31pm On Jun 02, 2016
pls am confused. Post utme is scraped bt institutions re at liberty to screen its candidates..wots den d diff btw post utme nd screening exercise

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Sanchase: 8:33pm On Jun 02, 2016
Hopefully it works out the way you plan but brace yourself for the worst case as the Nigerian Law says one thing and the Universities implement differently.

Best of luck wink

menix:

Broz if its in the same faculty with medicine, i dont mind, i will cross over in my 200L....
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Princealex1(m): 8:39pm On Jun 02, 2016
bettercreature:
This will just make admission more difficult for a common man
With post UTME,they have no choice they must give you admission if you beat the cut of mark
But now it will boil down to connection,i mean you have to bribe before you get admission

seconded,somepple are yet to understand the implications of this law if true,the demerits out-weighs the merits
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Princepoint(m): 8:43pm On Jun 02, 2016
spiritfada:
No more "EGUNJE" for tertiary institutions grin
That 1 no fit happen because that 1 done turn to there birth right
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Giddyprance(m): 8:46pm On Jun 02, 2016
ishowdotgmail:
Why exempting UI, OAU nd Unilag......

Well the answer is simple; 3 best institutions in nigeria

Location; all in SOUTH WEST nigeria tongue
All these names mentioned by one 19th century Prof from the South-West, who still calls Obafemi Awolowo University, University of Ife

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

WAEC 2020: Meet Ogwubie Chikemzi Praise Who Made Parallel A's In Her WAEC Result / Veritas University: A Look At The School Fees Structure (photos) / South African Schoolgirls Smoking In School. See Reactions (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.