Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,843 members, 7,813,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! (29284 Views)

Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management / Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student / A Student Was Expelled From School In Kenya For Drawing This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 03, 2016
fortune98:
pls i need someone too advice me cos am too ashamed to visit a counsellor.i got expelled in my 200 level and nobody at home knows about it .out of guilty conscience av stopped sending d money sent to me from home.all i do is think all day and am currently contemplating suicide ...pls i need someone to advice me..
.am just 18.NOTE:am using a friend's acct...
*NO INSULT PLS*
Lemme use myself as an example.Recently,a case came up in my faculty and it was forwarded to the school panel even though I'm not guilty.I was less concerned because I knew I didn't do anything but the game changed and became serious.I almost killed my self,sleepless nights,starvation and all.it was hard for me but I just had to open up to my parent about the allegation against me.Trust Nigerian parents, they scolded me and made me feel even worse ,I cried.I prayed to God and I can really say I feel better that my parents and God are aware.Even if anything happens ,I know they've got my back.
Just tell your parents,they will help in finding a solution or even an alternative for u and trust me,the suicide feeling would go away
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by sisisioge: 1:22pm On Jun 03, 2016
Fortune, u are fortunately in the school system hence easy for you to get admitted again. Pls take jamb and start from the beginning. U could choose a different course entirely. Or even a different school. May God show you the path u should thread hence...

By the way, you could mitigate your time by learning a skill that could fetch you money when u start again, just in case your people decide not to sponsor you anymore...
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by NnamdiN: 1:31pm On Jun 03, 2016
parents should try to be friends with their kids. That way, they'd tell you anything.
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by ummeey: 1:31pm On Jun 03, 2016
I know what this feels like especially when your parents are over protective and strict. But whatever it takes try and tell them. You will be glad you did. Takia
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jun 03, 2016
That is not the worst case on earth right now... So all you have to do is swallow your pride and walk up to your parents and bust the bubble. Talk to your mum first or anybody close to you before your dad... Life is beautiful, dont attemp suicide cos its not an option. If your parents wont send you back to school, apprentice a job and give your life a meaning... Remember life is beautiful! Good luck!
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by scachy(m): 1:43pm On Jun 03, 2016
@ 18 many were still in secondary school. U r still young to start all over again. confess to ur parents, or seek d assistance of anyone that is close to ur parents to assist u make things right with ur family. And most importantly, turn away from whatever u did that resulted to ur expulsion from school and make genuine repentance. Suicide is not an option only confession n d truth ll wipe away d shame n depression.
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by mayskit4luv(m): 1:43pm On Jun 03, 2016
simba1:
@You all advising the OP to buy Jamb form, don't forget that if you are expelled from a federal institution you can't get admitted into any other federal institutions in Nigeria. Private Uni is the only way, nonetheless we don't know the size of the OP's family pocket as regards private universities.
@Op, best thing now is to see a counsellor and then talk to your parents.
Why?
The counsellor, helps you with better option as regards the next step to get back on track.
Your family grants you forgiveness and support over your next move.

I guess u should stand to be corrected, had a friend who was expelled from a federal university, and went on to purchase jamb form and got admitted into anoda federal university.... it's been God tho! @Op try tell your parent about it....., remember some peeps have no parent to share their ordeal with. Be grateful, move on and stay focus!
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by nasiodamus(m): 1:44pm On Jun 03, 2016
Go see the religious leader of the church or mosque which your family attend or go a see a nice and influential person in your family. give he or she the details of things,then go see your a parents with a remorseful spirit. you will be forgiven and the future will be planned immediately..If you delay,your only hurting your self and your growth. Your sin is too little not to be forgiven..
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by esonuu(m): 1:47pm On Jun 03, 2016
U'r jst 18,wat stops u from buying a fresh jamb form? I got admission at d age of 20,graduated at 25 despite plenty strike, sum peeps evn gets admission at d age of 30,u no get probs..go tel ur parents wats up or pretend to be in sch,collect money 4rm them,work towards getn an admission...pls do the later only if u have all it takes to secure admission(brain/connection)
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by smart2008: 1:48pm On Jun 03, 2016
Its not a big deal........why were you expel? so you can be advised appropriately
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by favourboy1(m): 1:50pm On Jun 03, 2016
fortune98:
pls i need someone too advice me cos am too ashamed to visit a counsellor.i got expelled in my 200 level and nobody at home knows about it .out of guilty conscience av stopped sending d money sent to me from home.all i do is think all day and am currently contemplating suicide ...pls i need someone to advice me..
*NO INSULT PLS*
i too m using another account to reply u. Why dy no go xpel u
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by laikas: 1:50pm On Jun 03, 2016
ur jst 18, so many more yrs ahead of u, tel ur parents buh if u think it going to be a disaster, go get a jamb form and start al over. whn ur graduatin time come tel them "carry over"
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by Distinguishy(m): 1:51pm On Jun 03, 2016
U got expelled 4 a reason, are u ready 2 ensuure dat don't repeat itself? Its not bout getti noda jamb form. If u prefer business or u hav somin worthwhile pursue it, but if education is important 2u, Go home with a sane elderly man and state ur plight 2 ur parent, u wud be fine, alright. Sucide is not n anwser.
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by fpeter(f): 2:13pm On Jun 03, 2016
Please if you will read this, confide in your pastor or Alfa. Or any loving uncle or aunt or elderly person.
Your mistakes can be rectified but don't take your life because you have a lot of opportunities ahead of you.
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by lonelydude: 2:16pm On Jun 03, 2016
You are still very young to restart your career. I'm not sure why you were expelled but whatever be the case, forget suicide.

You can also consider going into business if you think tertiary education is too challenging for you.

You are a star and I look forward to hearing about your greatness soon.

Good luck.
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by ochallo: 2:20pm On Jun 03, 2016
9jatatafo:

The best help is for the person to inform his or her parents about the expulsion. Why contact you? You want to offer him or her an immediate admission or what? Don't make the case worst ooo. I hope you have good intentions

Do you know his parents? Please read the topic of the thread again,he needs counsel. Everybody here is telling him to do exactly what he is so scared to do .
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by GuDErboY(m): 2:21pm On Jun 03, 2016
lmm4real:
Its a normal thing to get expelled don't take it too serious. you even 18 go get jamb form either polytechnic or university make sure u enter one by next year. All the best man don't forget to thank me in a year time o.
Getting expelled is not a normal thing sir for any reason what so ever.

1 Like

Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by 9jatatafo(m): 2:22pm On Jun 03, 2016
ochallo:

Do you know his parents? Please read the topic of the thread again,he needs counsel. Everybody here is telling him to do exactly what he is so scared to do .

No matter who his parents are, he must go and tell them what happened. What sort of stupid counseling are you talking about? His a very young man at 18!! He should go back home period.
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by DonBenny77(m): 2:25pm On Jun 03, 2016
Bro, i been there before i hid the truth for abt two years(2004-2006) it was so crazy one day i was home during schl hours n my dad came home earlier than expected i had to hide under the bed in my room so no one wud knw i was at home.
It was under dat bed i told myself which kind child's play b dis i came out of hiding n walked straight to my popsi's room n told him i was no longer a student he didnt kill me he didnt even shout at me. i jus explained that some verification list was published n my name wasnt in it.

The worst dat happened was we started looking for other options then i had an opportunity to go school n ghana i didnt play wit it, had my degree in four yrs came bak to nig for my youth service.

I will advice u to tell him today cos my only regret was hiding for two years. The more u hide d more wasted years u'll get. lucky u! U r just 18.

Suicide isnt an option my friend, dont b silly!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 03, 2016
simba1:
@You all advising the OP to buy Jamb form, don't forget that if you are expelled from a federal institution you can't get admitted into any other federal institutions in Nigeria. Private Uni is the only way, nonetheless we don't know the size of the OP's family pocket as regards private universities.
@Op, best thing now is to see a counsellor and then talk to your parents.
Why?
The counsellor, helps you with better option as regards the next step to get back on track.
Your family grants you forgiveness and support over your next move.

Abeg na wich NTA station u get ur info from?I hav a guy wey graduate last year he was expelled for sitting in an exam for some one else dats in futminna nd he graduated frm abu last year

Have heard of determined pple who after tins go bad pick demself up nd move on, op u ar very young hope dey for u full ground.dnt let d devil win u,mak peace with God nd d rest will come easily for you
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by saviesma: 2:32pm On Jun 03, 2016
you make me shed tears my dear child. bc am a mother and am seeing you as my own child who need help desperately. am proud of u bc u recognized u have a problem and u need help. that shows u are getting mature to distinguish right from wrong.pl pl go home .be humble to discuss with ur parents. accept the responsibility of ur mistake. accept any discipline that will given to u by ur parent u can still go to school bc u are still young and determine.do not allow anybody to pressure u do anything bad that will cause ur parents more pains that the one on ground. Contact me if u need assistance tk.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by Taryur3(m): 2:36pm On Jun 03, 2016
fortune98:
bad grades to be precise,i was dwelling on past glory
Lols...almost 40 percent of students passed tru that. Just that we are not expelled.am not an exception here too but the grace of the Lord lifted me beyond barrier.
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by ochallo: 2:40pm On Jun 03, 2016
9jatatafo:

No matter who his parents are, he must go and tell them what happened. What sort of stupid counseling are you talking about? His a very young man at 18!! He should go back home period.

From your statements it's clear you're a novice pertaining to issues of students having problems in higher institution. My question again is do you know his parents, what if his parents are people that could cause him harm as punishment for wasting their money, or die from the shock of the sudden realization, what if upon realization all income seize and they never send him to school again. If a child cannot approach his parents then it's not just a one direction approach .
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by plainmirror(m): 2:42pm On Jun 03, 2016
Take the following steps:

1) Talk Discuss it with your family and be ready to take the blame(s) they dish out.

2) focus your mindset on happy moments and whatsoever gives you happiness. It could be past events or your hobby.

3) avoid lonely moments ie try to socialize

These will help rejuvenate you both physically and psychologically.

PS: suicide is never an option, it is only practise by cowards.
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by HighQue007: 2:43pm On Jun 03, 2016
Even if you are not young, don't be too big to start over again...its very important

failure is part of life, so you shouldn't see it as you are cursed or something and don't compete with anyone or else you will always be disappointed with yourself..

If you noticed you stoped using positions like 1st, 2nd in school during your junior sec days, that shows you are now in a stage in your life where your are to compete with yourself ...Honestly nothing is worth your life. Education is just part of your life not your life so why would you think of committing suicide cos you failed.

my candid advice my brother, don't be too big for your dream and don't be afraid to start again...my close pal finished sec school when he was 17yrs and he wasn't admitted till he was 25 and I know he his brilliant. so he didn't give up his dream despite all those challenges in fact we later nicknamed him jambito and now he his doing fine and he got a job immediately he finished his uni while most of our friends that finished early are still searching for job.

no failure is worth your life, everybody has failed, it's part of life, sometimes you can't help it amd sometimes it has to happen so you will be too strong for the challenge ahead and the good part of it is that you have learnt a lesson from failure.

Tell your parent what really happened, no one is gonna kill you and plan your life..don't think of what anybody might think of you; u r nt on earth cos of them...be focused on yourself....I wish I could just talk to you and share my experience with you...

better days ahead

1 Like

Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by 9jatatafo(m): 2:46pm On Jun 03, 2016
ochallo:

From your statements it's clear you're a novice pertaining to issues of students having problems in higher institution. My question again is do you know his parents, what if his parents are people that could cause him harm as punishment for wasting their money, or die from the shock of the sudden realization, what if upon realization all income seize and they never send him to school again. If a child cannot approach his parents then it's not just a one direction approach .

I won't argue with you because all you are saying baseless.
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by 9jatatafo(m): 2:46pm On Jun 03, 2016
ochallo:

I won't argue with you because all you are saying doesn't add up
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by slimstuff(m): 2:50pm On Jun 03, 2016
my dear I got admission at the age of 20. then messed up, had extra year. I run to my dad and told him Every thing that happened. believe me before than I will talk to the devil than him. he was that mean. to my greatest surprise he encouraged me and helped. today still in my 20's am an engineer working in one of the best engineering firm in the country. if you kill your self you are a coward and even devil will reject you too. and young man change your mentality.life has challenges. you win one battle another one is waiting. you are only a warrior when you have fought a war and win. go back write jamb and you can still be anything you want to be. we all got a story and that's what makes us unique.
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by stevups(m): 3:05pm On Jun 03, 2016
Register for an IT program with the next money sent to you.
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by ThatNaijaNigger: 3:06pm On Jun 03, 2016
Michael820:
and to think of it most people are still at home by 18
he doesnt know
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by Dething: 3:36pm On Jun 03, 2016
Pls can you allow me talk to you? I want to call you. Pls send ur mobile number to sunnydething@yahoo and drop a little message so I can recognise you.
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by fireforfire: 3:42pm On Jun 03, 2016
fortune98:
*NO INSULT PLS*

Hurry up n switch to anoda course and start afresh na .....abi e no possible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Girl Electrocuted,As Electric Wire Falls on Her At New Hall, UNILAG / No More 'How Was Your Night?'! / NNPC/CHEVRON JV National University Scholarship Awards 2016 Application Is On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.