Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa (8449 Views)

Ayodele Dada Is Not The First Nigerian To Make CGPA Of 5.0. Why D Noise? / SAP SCM Online Training In Boston|brazil / First Nigerian University With Intercalated MBBS Program. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by mailmalc(m): 4:21am On Aug 25, 2009
Thought it was an irrelevant joke until i found some links on the internet.  .    .  wit username Chiogo on Nairaland became the first Valedictorian (Best student in a graduating set 2009) in Boston, USA.

Congrats Chi!

http://ndn.nigeriadailynews.com/templates/?a=18081
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by THEAMAKA(f): 4:24am On Aug 25, 2009
is this real or does someone have the same name?
if it is her, CONGRATS!!!
i know i would never be that high in my class.
too many asian kids. lol
im just above average.

and seriously @poster which guy are you?
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by Nobody: 4:29am On Aug 25, 2009
awww, my baby made history.

Good job dear smiley
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by Nobody: 4:32am On Aug 25, 2009
are u sure?
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by SEFAGO(m): 8:17am On Aug 25, 2009
valedictorian in her high school? what is so hard about that, lol. I thot she was valedictorian at college.
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by mailmalc(m): 10:33am On Aug 25, 2009
THE AMAKA:

is this real or does someone have the same name?
if it is her, CONGRATS!!!
i know i would never be that high in my class.
too many asian kids. lol
im just above average.

and seriously @poster which guy are you?
Asians hehehe grin grin A guu guy . . . which gurl r u?

@Jassie, yup!

@SEFAGO, Helloooooooo. . it's such a huge step towards greater achievements wink
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by chiogo(f): 3:17pm On Aug 25, 2009
@Mailmalc, Thanks hun  smiley [size=4pt]although this is old news[/size]

@ Gators and Amaka, thanks sweethearts tongue  smiley
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by chic2pimp(m): 7:03am On Feb 22, 2010
SEFAGO:

valedictorian in her high school? what is so hard about that, lol. I thot she was valedictorian at college.
I just had to dig up this post cheesy cheesy
Why am I not suprised by this dude's reply? undecided grin
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by chiogo(f): 7:04am On Feb 22, 2010
grin grin grin
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by chic2pimp(m): 7:06am On Feb 22, 2010
chiogo:

grin grin grin

You dey laff grin grin grin
At least I know my wife to be is one smart lady wink grin
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by chiogo(f): 7:08am On Feb 22, 2010
chic2pimp:

You dey laff grin grin grin
At least I know my wife to be is one smart lady wink grin
Your wife to be?? *death*
It's funny, see how I ignored him. cry
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by chic2pimp(m): 7:12am On Feb 22, 2010
chiogo:

Your wife to be?? *death*
It's funny, see how I ignored him. cry
I see am oooo grin grin
TBh, you did the right thing grin
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by THEAMAKA(f): 7:12am On Feb 22, 2010
Chiogo is so damn smart.
OMG, how do you do it?
i bet you were famous for a minute.
getting interviews and things like that. lol
I'm sooooooooooooo jealous cry
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by sexyLeamon(f): 7:14am On Feb 22, 2010
wow thats great congrats
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by chic2pimp(m): 7:18am On Feb 22, 2010
^^^^^ Nah old news oooo wink.
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by chiogo(f): 7:19am On Feb 22, 2010
chic2pimp:

I see am oooo grin grin
TBh, you did the right thing grin

Yup, didn't wanna cuss anybody out on this beautiful thread, y'know.  grin

THE AMAKA:

Chiogo is so damn smart.
OMG, how do you do it?
i bet you were famous for a minute.
getting interviews and things like that. lol
I'm sooooooooooooo jealous  cry

Yea, I was famous for a minute lol.
Met the mayor, superintendent, had brunch with them, attended an award ceremony, etc.

I'm not that smart  embarassed I'll just say my high school wasn't very challenging, moving from Naija.  undecided

sexyLeamon:

wow thats great congrats
Thanks.
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by THEAMAKA(f): 7:22am On Feb 22, 2010
Oh really? interesting.
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by chic2pimp(m): 7:23am On Feb 22, 2010
chiogo:

Yup, didn't wanna cuss anybody out on this beautiful thread, y'know.  grin
Yea, I was famous for a minute lol.
Met the mayor, superintendent, had brunch with them, attended an award ceremony, etc.

I'm not that smart  embarassed I'll just say my high school wasn't very challenging, moving from Naija.  undecided
Thanks.

Stop down playing your achievement jare.
If it was that easy, we all would be valedictorians as well.
You remind me of my cousin who got into Cambridge Uni and still he wasn't smart. Yea rite undecided
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by chiogo(f): 7:29am On Feb 22, 2010
chic2pimp:

You remind me of my cousin who got into Cambridge Uni and still he wasn't smart. Yea rite undecided
LOL he has to be smart.

Cambridge is a prestigious school.
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by chic2pimp(m): 7:32am On Feb 22, 2010
chiogo:

LOL he has to be smart.

Cambridge is a prestigious school.
No mind the useless boy jare
Nah so everyday my mama & papa go dey compare am to me grin
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by H2O2: 7:33am On Feb 22, 2010
The little Celtics ewe got an award. how cute
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by chiogo(f): 7:36am On Feb 22, 2010
chic2pimp:

No mind the useless boy jare
Nah so everyday my mama & papa go dey compare am to me grin

Sorry oo. grin grin

H2O2:

I love you too. tongue
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by chic2pimp(m): 7:38am On Feb 22, 2010
H2O2:

No make jealousy kill you ooooo tongue
Don't worry if you ever become a valedictorian(which I highly doubt),we'll praise you too grin

chiogo:

Sorry oo. grin grin
Oya send me a kiss to make the sorry sound more genuine kiss kiss kiss cheesy
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by H2O2: 7:42am On Feb 22, 2010
chic2pimp:

No make jealousy kill you ooooo tongue
Don't worry if you ever become a valedictorian(which I highly doubt),we'll praise you too grin
lol maybe in the next life.

my school's filled with valedicktorians so i feel like one already grin
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by H2O2: 7:42am On Feb 22, 2010
chiogo:

Sorry oo. grin grin
I love you too. tongue

lol aww that's so mushy. you should never say that to a lakers fan
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by chiogo(f): 7:43am On Feb 22, 2010
chic2pimp:

Oya send me a kiss to make the sorry sound more genuine kiss kiss kiss cheesy
A friendly kiss.  kiss kiss kiss
Going to sleep.  smiley

Don't mind that peroxide, he's very smart, his college is highly recognized.  tongue
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by H2O2: 8:02am On Feb 22, 2010
you're gay. stop spewing such rumor.
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by SEFAGO(m): 8:06am On Feb 22, 2010
chic2pimp:

I just had to dig up this post  cheesy cheesy
Why am I not suprised by this dude's reply? undecided grin

tongue, but I thought it was college actually. Thats the truth- valedictorian doesn't mean much except if she attended a magnet school. Her High school is not a magnet science school, neither is it a top private (Philips academy, St pauls, tafts or choate).

You remind me of my cousin who got into Cambridge Uni and still he wasn't smart. Yea rite

Well getting into cambridge doesnt really mean that you are super smart though. I know four close family friends at cambridge- what i noticed what they were very rich though combined with some intelligence. I admit they were way smarter than I was  Also they attended public schools- one attended Harrow, the other Winchester, and the two girls cheltenham ladies.

Did your cousin attend public school? If your parents compare you to him point that out to them. Nigerian parents like to do that a lot. My dad keeps on comparing me to his children's friends even though these people are from wealthy backgrounds.

Wetin poor man pikin like me go do? I am a scholarship kid. See if my dad was smart he should have joined the Nigerian government a long tym ago undecided
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by SEFAGO(m): 8:07am On Feb 22, 2010
H2O2:

you're gay.  stop spewing such rumor.

haha you are beginning to talk like a oyibo. You are so gay  cheesy
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by THEAMAKA(f): 8:08am On Feb 22, 2010
a beautiful thread turned so ugly. embarassed
back to dreaming about the mile high club cool
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by SEFAGO(m): 8:23am On Feb 22, 2010
I'm not that smart Embarrassed I'll just say my high school wasn't very challenging, moving from Naija.

See wetin I talk. The school is a typical public school in massachusetts cheesy. I just spoke the truth. I had a roommate who was salutatorian in his class at the best secondary school in the US. Asian kid, wicked smart. He was unable to get into a top school because of his race (Asians are held under very high standards in college admissions) and he transferred out to one of the HYPs. I never really liked him, because he made really racist remarks about black people and their intelligence, but one thing I stand by- brilliant boy.

Mind you: I am, even though you dont need it, a bit impressed, but its not worth all the noise- I just feel it was highlighted to give Africans some little pride, which is not what we need- we need big pride.

I made this statement because after my observation of achievement in America, I feel Africans should not be looking at small cheese but looking at the big picture.
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by THEAMAKA(f): 8:46am On Feb 22, 2010
THE AMAKA:

[size=15pt]a beautiful thread turned so ugly.[/size] embarassed
back to dreaming about the mile high club  cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Admission In2 Petroleum Training Institute (pti).2011/2012 Forms Are On Sale Now / Latest News From Futo And Nekede Owerri / Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.