Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,725 members, 7,844,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa (8460 Views)

Ayodele Dada Is Not The First Nigerian To Make CGPA Of 5.0. Why D Noise? / SAP SCM Online Training In Boston|brazil / First Nigerian University With Intercalated MBBS Program. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by chiogo(f): 5:51am On Feb 23, 2010
SEFAGO:

Some element of truth tho tongue
What's that supposed to mean? tongue

chic2pimp:

You are welcome wink

Also what Branch of Chrisland school do your cousins attend?
I dunno but I know it's in Lagos.
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by SEFAGO(m): 5:52am On Feb 23, 2010
see so many chrisland schools, set up shop make one school and sell it to parents hehe.
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by chic2pimp(m): 5:53am On Feb 23, 2010
michelin89:

Nor mind them. Afterall Tarzan didn't speak English. grin
Don't mind those useless twats jare grin grin grin

chiogo:

grin grin grin grin Seriously, I was mad at first 'cause the reporter was really nice during the interview. And I'd expect a reporter to know that Nigeria's official language is English.
I think she commented on how good my English was considering how long I've been here. . .and then she went and wrote that.

But after I thought about it, I had to laugh. She just had to give America credit - reason why she specifically called my cell phone a day AFTER the interview asking about my village.   I know the name of my village but not familiar with its population and such as I never lived there. She put village of 300 or some funny crap. lol so basically, this girl came from an uncivilized village in Nigeria and with America's help teaching her the English language, she became the Valedictorian! Yay! That was the whole point grin

That was the exact point she was trying to make grin. Bloody douchebag angry

p:s  Was going to ask what that village of 300 peeps was all about? undecided grin
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by shilling(f): 5:54am On Feb 23, 2010
chiogo:

grin grin grin grin Seriously, I was mad at first 'cause the reporter was really nice during the interview. And I'd expect a reporter to know that Nigeria's official language is English.
I think she commented on how good my English was considering how long I've been here. . .and then she went and wrote that.

But after I thought about it, I had to laugh. She just had to give America credit - reason why she specifically called my cell phone a day AFTER the interview asking about my village.  I know the name of my village but not familiar with its population and such as I never lived there. She put village of 300 or some funny crap. lol so basically, this girl came from an uncivilized village in Nigeria and with America's help teaching her the English language, she became the Valedictorian! Yay! That was the whole point grin

Oh my gosh, when I first got here, although I hadn't lived in Nigeria since forever, I am still Nigerian and people would be going, wow, you're English is sooooo good. My algebra professor was shocked that I could speak english and that I knew the pi (3.142) symbol, "Do you have a symbol like that in Africa? Feel free to translate math into your native language to make it easier for you." In my mind, I'm going - woman, I don't even speak my native language  lipsrsealed
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by chic2pimp(m): 5:57am On Feb 23, 2010
chiogo:

What's that supposed to mean? tongue
I dunno but I know it's in Lagos.
Primary School right?
What part of lagos do your cousins reside? undecided(not stalking ooo grin)

SEFAGO:

see so many chrisland schools, set up shop make one school and sell it to parents hehe.

Wetin be ya beef with my primary skool nau? undecided tongue
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by Nobody: 5:58am On Feb 23, 2010
shilling:

Oh my gosh, when I first got here, although I hadn't lived in Nigeria since forever, I am still Nigerian and people would be going, wow, you're English is sooooo good. My algebra professor was shocked that I could speak english and that I knew the pi (3.142) symbol, "Do you have a symbol like that in Africa? Feel free to translate math into your native language to make it easier for you." In my mind, I'm going - woman, I don't even speak my native language  lipsrsealed

She also assumed Africa is a country.
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by shilling(f): 6:01am On Feb 23, 2010
Yep

Unbelievable, but someone once asked me who the president was lol
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by Nobody: 6:01am On Feb 23, 2010
Americans are very ignorant. Europeans education wise are millions of years ahead.
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by chiogo(f): 6:03am On Feb 23, 2010
chic2pimp:

Don't mind those useless twats jare grin grin grin

That was the exact point she was trying to make grin. Bloody douchebag angry

p:s  Was going to ask what that village of 300 peeps was all about? undecided grin
Village of 300 indeed.  grin grin
Pheww, didn't even know the population but after that I asked my parents and it's way more than that - 10,000 or something.

But that part was irrelevant because I never said anything about village, she called me just to add that info.

shilling:

Hehehe, the questions really never stop. All one can really do is continue to prove them wrong. I don't see how likely it is for someone who NEVER knew English to come to excel in it more than the people born into it.  grin

chic2pimp:

Primary School right?
Noooo, secondary school. Their Chris land is a boarding school.
But their parents house is in VGC.
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by SEFAGO(m): 6:04am On Feb 23, 2010
chic2pimp:

Primary School right?

Wetin be ya beef with my primary skool nau? undecided tongue

Nothing, I am just playing support striker.

Oh my gosh, when I first got here, although I hadn't lived in Nigeria since forever, I am still Nigerian and people would be going, wow, you're English is sooooo good. My algebra professor was shocked that I could speak english and that I knew the pi (3.142) symbol, "Do you have a symbol like that in Africa? Feel free to translate math into your native language to make it easier for you." In my mind, I'm going - woman, I don't even speak my native language

People keep asking me if I can click  undecided like all the time. Thanks to the South Africans.

Unbelievable, but someone once asked me who the president was lol

What do you expect- for them to know the president of an insignificant african country. So who is the president benin  grin
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by SEFAGO(m): 6:05am On Feb 23, 2010

There is a Chrisland in VGC so thats probably the one. I used to see the loud troublesome, and boisterous kids there. Just saying  tongue
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by chiogo(f): 6:10am On Feb 23, 2010
SEFAGO:

There is a Chrisland in VGC so thats probably the one. I used to see the loud troublesome, and boisterous kids there. Just saying  tongue
I don't think it's in VGC. If so, they would be going from home not living in school.
There's def. another Chrisland. Na you sabi but then some of those kids are troublesome, not gonna lie. tongue
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by chic2pimp(m): 6:12am On Feb 23, 2010
chiogo:

Oh my bad. If it is the secondary boarding school, it will probably be the Idimu Branch

SEFAGO:

Nothing, I am just playing support striker.

What do you expect- for them to know the president of an insignificant african country. So who is the president benin  grin
Keep playing the Support Striker role , you hia wink

P:S The name of the president of benin is Yayi Boni cool grin

SEFAGO:

There is a Chrisland in VGC so thats probably the one. I used to see the loud troublesome, and boisterous kids there. Just saying  tongue
Definitely not.
Chrisland High School VGC is a Day school
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by Nobody: 6:13am On Feb 23, 2010
chic2pimp:

P:S The name of the president of benin is Yayi Boni cool grin

We love Google. grin
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by SEFAGO(m): 6:14am On Feb 23, 2010
P:S The name of the president of benin is Yayi Boni

wikipedia- na lie?

Definitely not.
Chrisland High School VGC is a Day school

I was talking of the primary school.
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by chic2pimp(m): 6:17am On Feb 23, 2010
michelin89:

We love Google. grin

Where is your proof? tongue grin
I keep up to date on current affairs cool

SEFAGO:

wikipedia- na lie?

I was talking of the primary school.
I'll ask again, where is your proof? tongue

BTW, she said Secondary school not primary school wink
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by dayokanu(m): 5:22pm On Feb 23, 2010
Where is your proof?
I keep up to date on current affairs

You mean the current affairs of women? Ashi

Chiogo congratulations I am proud of ya.

BTW I was valedictorian in my KG too
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by chic2pimp(m): 6:06pm On Feb 23, 2010
dayokanu:

Abeg don't spoil my Rep on NL ooo tongue

dayokanu:

Hehehehe I laff in Ijebu Igbo grin grin
Valedictorian ko authoritatian ni shior

Again, I laff in Ijebu Igbo grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by dayokanu(m): 6:16pm On Feb 23, 2010
Na dat Ijebu Igbo lafta go kobalise you today.

Chiogo abeg come dey teach me book o. Me sef wan sabi book
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 23, 2010
chic2pimp:

Abeg don't spoil my Rep on NL ooo tongue

Hehehehe I laff in Ijebu Igbo grin grin
Valedictorian ko authoritatian ni shior

Again, I laff in Ijebu Igbo grin grin grin grin grin
rotfl grin
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by chic2pimp(m): 6:36pm On Feb 23, 2010
FL Gators:

rotfl grin
kiss kiss kiss grin

dayokanu:

Na dat Ijebu Igbo lafta go kobalise you today.

Chiogo abeg come dey teach me book o. Me sef wan sabi book

Make e kobolise me jare cool

Chiogo make you no listen to this Asewo boy. Nah so i'm dey do am oo.
First the invite, then b4 you know it, wam bam thank you ma'am tongue grin
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by H2O2: 6:45pm On Feb 23, 2010
I was valedictorian of my class for the first day of class in primary 6, until that Gambari showed up the second day after recovering from stomach upset.
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by H2O2: 6:46pm On Feb 23, 2010
No, she's going to give the speech in Tagalog anumpams
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by dayokanu(m): 6:50pm On Feb 23, 2010
Chiogo make you no listen to this Asewo boy. Nah so i'm dey do am oo.
First the invite, then b4 you know it, wam bam thank you ma'am

Na so you dey do your own? I wan learn book you dey talk something else.

You think say everyone be like you? You dey toast chiogo dey kiss FL gators and smooch MrCrackles all in one movement
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by chic2pimp(m): 7:03pm On Feb 23, 2010
H2O2:

I was valedictorian of my class for the first day of class in primary 6, until that Gambari showed up the second day after recovering from stomach upset.
Tehe grin
. . . . But come ooo, if nah true say you be Valedictorian until Gambari showed up, you suppose take Salutatorian nau? undecided

dayokanu:

You think say everyone be like you? You dey toast chiogo dey kiss FL gators and smooch MrCrackles all in one movement
Hehehehehehe grin grin grin May Sango impregnate you with octuplets tongue
You are one confused Nucca embarassed
Abi why you dey pair off Brashy with every Tom, D.i.ck and Dayo? undecided
As I've always suspected, I think you secretly fancy Brash shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by Nobody: 9:16pm On Feb 23, 2010
dayokanu:

You think say everyone be like you? You dey toast chiogo dey kiss FL gators and s[b]mooch MrCrackles all in one movement[/b]
grin grin grin

I knew he was gonna come back with something like this
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by goodiz(m): 9:43pm On Feb 23, 2010
Some peepz shud be made NL's valedictorians for derailing threads. Well, Chiogo nwanne m, I envy you. Like I'd always said, if this were Chelsea wallops Arsenal 3-1, it'd be on the front page.
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by H2O2: 10:46pm On Feb 23, 2010
chic2pimp:

Tehe grin
. . . . But come ooo, if nah true say you be Valedictorian until Gambari showed up, you suppose take Salutatorian nau? undecided

I sure did. I was saluting everyone that was promoted to JS1 at the end of the semester.
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by SEFAGO(m): 11:24pm On Feb 23, 2010
goodiz:

Some peepz shud be made NL's valedictorians for derailing threads. Well, Chiogo nwanne m, I envy you. Like I'd always said, if this were Chelsea wallops Arsenal 3-1, it'd be on the front page.

That will never happen in Jesus name- why u put that kain bad statement grin
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by chiogo(f): 12:16am On Feb 24, 2010
dayokanu:

Chiogo congratulations I am proud of ya.

Thanks. cheesy
I was Valedictorian in KG too, seriously. We're two of a kind. cheesy tongue

H2O2:

No, she's going to give the speech in Tagalog anumpams
H2O2:

I sure did. I was saluting everyone that was promoted to JS1 at the end of the semester.
Lmao. grin grin grin grin

goodiz:

LOL thanks.
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by SEFAGO(m): 12:50am On Feb 24, 2010

There is no way chiogo deserves first page though grin, just saying- though a lot of crap goes on the first page.
Re: Nairalander(chiogo) Becomes The First Nigerian Valedictorian In Boston, Usa by chiogo(f): 12:58am On Feb 24, 2010
SEFAGO:

There is no way chiogo deserves first page though grin, just saying- though a lot of crap goes on the first page.
Give it a rest. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Olabisi Onabanjo University Post Ume 2011 /2012 / Mathematics Versus Law / Kaduna State University (kasu), 2013/2014 Admission.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.