Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,603 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone (26374 Views)

I'm Using A Phone With A 5000mah Battery But I'm Seriously Disappointed / Checkout Tecno WX3P With 5000mah Battery That Cost Just N25,000. / 4 Smartphones You Should Buy If You Want To Upgrade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 07, 2016
Horlufemi:

The Gionee m5 mini is better with its camera only that it's 4000mah.

I don't snap with flash cos no phone can satisfy me with flash even Samsung and iPhone.
so how do you now take lowlight photos
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by REDDEVILS1(m): 8:12am On Jun 07, 2016
Infinix hot note and Note 2 ti take over
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 07, 2016
OBW:
I used Techno l8,i just got the phone anyway and d battery experience is good. camera is 8.0auto focus,the battery life is 5050. In fact the phone sense make. Jux 31.5k at slot

Marketer spotted
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by Horlufemi(m): 8:28am On Jun 07, 2016
lepagawu:
so how do you now take lowlight photos

I don't I use daylight shikena
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by Aguokoli: 8:33am On Jun 07, 2016
m5 is 56k
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by ritababe(f): 8:37am On Jun 07, 2016
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by ritababe(f): 8:37am On Jun 07, 2016
[quote author=sabama007 post=46344437]

did u see it?
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 07, 2016
klinpami:
Which 5000mAh phone would you recommend?

GioneeM2 Or M3

1 Like

Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by Olaiman(m): 8:55am On Jun 07, 2016
Infinix hot note and pro is pretty cool.. 4000mah.. Very flexible to use n would forever recommend it for anyone to use.. Cost if new, 30-36k
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by nenergy(m): 8:58am On Jun 07, 2016
klinpami:
Tecno L5
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by horpilow(m): 8:59am On Jun 07, 2016
With my brother's Tecno L8 plus, you've got yourself covered.
5050mAh, superb front and back camera, 2gb RAM ,16gb ROM.... the deficiency there is just that the phone heavy gan

Anyway I gbadun the phone anyway cz I can overlook the heavy part..... well presentable
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 07, 2016
[quote author=ritababe post=46346240][/quote]
Me no see anything ooooo...
Upload nau
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by Chimechs: 9:25am On Jun 07, 2016
Gionee m5 comes with a battery capacity of 5000mah, likewise and Telephone p5000 or p7000 which comes with 6250mah
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by shady16: 9:35am On Jun 07, 2016
Wanna trade my 6S for d Priv. My bat runs out on me too much. Hope d 3410 mAh power gonna make sense compared to d 1715 mAh. grin
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by Habeebpain(m): 9:36am On Jun 07, 2016
klinpami post=46274229. :
I have a brand new Ulefone Power with 6050mAh battery and quick charge support for 58k (negotiable though). You can check my thread by clicking on my username.

That aside. The article is however incomplete. Have you ever wondered why the very big budget phones don't come with massive batteries? An example is the upcoming OnePlus 3 which is said to feature a 3000mAh battery.
The reason is because there are now better processors that know how to efficiently manage power. Most new generation processors have low power and high power cores that effectively know when to draw more power when needed.

Another factor is the advent of quick charge. Whether Qualcomm's QC, Mediatek's Pump Express, Motorola’s Fast Charge or whatever the manufacturer calls it. As long as quick charge is present in a phone that has a 3000mAh battery, which will let it charge to 80% in less than 1 hour makes more sense than a large battery phone that doesn't have quick charge feature.

If you take a look at the phones with very large batteries their processors are usually clocked at 1.3GHz which don't consume much power. That way the phone has much more on screen time.

So what really matters is battery optimization. If the phone has a large battery and isn't properly optimized, there's no sense in it.

1 Like

Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by Caseless: 9:46am On Jun 07, 2016
lepagawu:
With the back camera when the flash is on :/ sad as you can see in low light situation when you use flash, the light is entering the camera lol. The second photo is during the day with the front camera
who b dat babe? undecided
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by henryboff(m): 10:03am On Jun 07, 2016
stalyf:
The improvement of smartphones over the years in terms of specs and sophistication has been awesome. With Android, many things which were initially imagined were all of a sudden made possible.

At one point in time, it was hard to imagine a phone with a screen larger than 4 inches. 4" display was considered more than enough. But over time, courtesy of Android, bigger displays came into existence denying all assumptions. Phone screen size went on increasing, and finally it reached the maximum possible size that, one can hold in his hand. At present, 5" screen size has become the standard size but it is hard to feed large screens.

Aside bigger screen size; modern smartphones have faster processors, HD gaming abilities and not forgetting that Android which is the major OS is a resource consuming OS, it therefore requires more RAM and CPU which are all battery drainers.

Many of these phones with big screen and good specs but with regular 1500mAh to 2400mAh batteries can barely stay up to 12 hours at moderate use. It is safe to say therefore that all these good features of the modern smartphones came with a price; the major one being the rate of battery consumption. Gone are the days when your phone can last 2 to 3 days without charging.

Because of these battery challenges, many phone manufacturers innovated and brought in super battery phones to make consumers happy. We now see phones with 4000mAh, 5000mAh and even 6000mAh. These are massive juice to keep you going.
Is there anyone who doesn't love a big-capacity battery? For many people, the battery life is the single most important consideration when buying a new phone.

The advantages of having these big battery phones cannot be over emphasized enough especially in a country like Nigeria where epileptic power supply is the order of the day. Assuming you have a phone with 5000mAh battery capacity, you are certain that would last you well over a day at moderate use. Instead of carrying your charger about everywhere and always on the lookout for charging points, you can move lighter and much more conveniently while being rest assured that your phone would see you through the day.

You would also save money with a big battery phone. Money that would have gone into buying a power bank to supplement a small battery phone would be used for something more useful. 5,000 naira might look small but not everyone can afford such amount for power bank in Nigeria with the current economic situation.

Finally, a big battery phone gives you the ability to work much more efficiently, play games, browse and stream videos without thinking of battery consumption as your battery got your back.

What are the other advantages of having A BIG battery phone that you can think of?
OP I believe that you are trying but it is my opinion that your post is a bit misleading. The biggest factor determining the standby time of your phone is the chip. If you like make you carry 2 car batteries connect to a phone if the chip consumes too much power in standby mode then the batteries go die quick quick (pardon the exaggeration na just to make point). Also the efficiency of the chip is also important. If the chip produces too much heat during use this will lead to quick quick draining of the battery.
So rather than focus on battery capacity, I go talk say make you buy phone with a very efficient chip and you will get a longer lasting battery.

2 Likes

Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 07, 2016
d33types:

every product has their niche,i believe.
besides that, most "productive" android tweaks are reproducible on jaikbroken iOS.I'm not taking about those unnecessary buggy fancy eye candy ittle or no value to productivity.
believe me,,I did all the tweaks there ever was on Symbian and now android.
I built countless roms for symbian and still building for Android.nothing beats stability on apple iOS or even the mac os.

mind you, I have the best high end android phones with custom rims and all tweaks there is.I also have an iphone to match..personally apple kicks Android's butt when it comes to stability.Well it's has never been a dispute

its not by the amount of ram or processor core or speed or about benchmarks.software optimisation is key

Am talking about User Experience, and Regional Support. Android is stable with the best and latest enhancement, you talk of stability in iPhone, I won't argue on that, cuz the apple laptops have come across are good, but on the phone aspect, I think apple fall short in power and creativity, Android users are enriched with more and more discovery as to way to make them enjoy their gadgets, latest phones now even come pre-rooted, or some even encourage df Roms at Xda, but all said, I respect your view and I hope to see more in iPhone..

1 Like

Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by henrygoody(m): 10:08am On Jun 07, 2016
I recomend blackberry phone like curve, bold z10, etc ..........u guys will like it

Don't bother thanking me........... grin..

What aer frinds for
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 07, 2016
lepagawu:
a custom ROM will change the camera and charging experience? or just the performance?

Yes it can change it, from better to worst, or better to best, also for fast charge download xender or Es Explorer, (Es Explorer not the latest version, just type on Google Es explorer with Fast Charge) turn it on when charging) also get a good charger, download Ampere to know a good charger, if it's good the number of MA is high, but if it's bad, the number will be low...
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by stmayor(m): 10:50am On Jun 07, 2016
godunia:
When it comes to monster battery, none is like Gionee Marathon 5 with 6020Mah, super fast charge, 2gb ram, what else can you ask for but e heavy sha.
some how expensive for an average user
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by Misterpaul(m): 11:03am On Jun 07, 2016
Damn...now i am already missing my beloveth 4000mah Gionee m3 phone that was stolen last week. cry
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by KuliMart: 11:30am On Jun 07, 2016

1 Like

Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by Bishops10(m): 12:26pm On Jun 07, 2016
golddeejay:
am a testimony to dat...with my lenovo vibe p1m that comes with 4000mah, I can go 1 and half day without charging. been an heavy user, I press my fone all thru d nite (my fine is for work and pleasure). I barely worry abt low ba3, I jst turn power saver on once it gets to 15%, dat will serve for a long time...I just reduce my usage. so battery is so important esp if u r in naija
Price??
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by hob(m): 12:40pm On Jun 07, 2016
Got my innjoo max2plus wt 4600mah

And i can boastfully say i am enjoying the battery life for now. Totally awesome
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 07, 2016
Caseless:
who b dat babe? undecided
any problem?
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 07, 2016
Hizzy:

Plz how much did u buy i want to buy it gionee M5 or M3
I bought mine 48k on January. I don't really know the current price.
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by stalyf(m): 2:29pm On Jun 07, 2016
henryboff:

OP I believe that you are trying but it is my opinion that your post is a bit misleading. The biggest factor determining the standby time of your phone is the chip. If you like make you carry 2 car batteries connect to a phone if the chip consumes too much power in standby mode then the batteries go die quick quick (pardon the exaggeration na just to make point). Also the efficiency of the chip is also important. If the chip produces too much heat during use this will lead to quick quick draining of the battery.
So rather than focus on battery capacity, I go talk say make you buy phone with a very efficient chip and you will get a longer lasting battery.

I understand your point well. Thank you for explaining
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by stalyf(m): 2:32pm On Jun 07, 2016
kinnlive:
name dem cus u don dey market am already smiley

LOL. Oga want to force words from my mouth
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by stalyf(m): 2:34pm On Jun 07, 2016
Alexchuka:

I use a 4000mAh battery..... Discovered it takes a long time to charge... What do I do?

Any big battery phone without fast charge ability is somehow.
You might consider changing chargers, maybe it would improve your situation
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by stalyf(m): 2:36pm On Jun 07, 2016
lepagawu:

clearly that girl was paid. check tecno l5 thread for reviews by users. and see if they post photos taken with the phone

Maybe she is one of those tecno paid marketers
Re: Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone by clifflining(m): 3:25pm On Jun 07, 2016
Geonee M5,wins it,the Battery and camera capacity is excellent and the price is moderate with over 6,000MAH battery capacity, intact,that is NEPA on it own

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Watch The Shocking Moment An Iphone Explodes & Burst Into Flames On A Dashboard / See How A Facebook User Was Scammed And Given Paper At Computer Village, Ikeja / Infinix S5: Unboxing & Review Of The First Punch Hole Device By Infinix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.