Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Federal Government Finally Releases Details Of Recovered Loots - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Government Finally Releases Details Of Recovered Loots (2328 Views)

2018 World Cup: Senate Urges FG To Fund Super Eagles With Recovered Loots / What We Always Do With Recovered Loots - EFCC / Former NNPC GMD Admits Ownership Of Recovered $9.8 Million Dollars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Government Finally Releases Details Of Recovered Loots by AxeurdaddyIX: 11:43am On Jun 04, 2016
The Federal Government has released a report on loots
recovered by various agencies.

The Federal Government made cash recoveries totaling
N78,325,354,631.82 (Seventy eight billNion, three hundred and twenty-five million, three hundred and fifty-four thousand, six hundred and thirty one Naira and eighty two kobo); $185,119,584.61 (One hundred and eight five million, one hundred and nineteen thousand, five hundred and eighty four US dollars, sixty one cents); 3,508,355.46 Pounds Sterling (Three million, five hundred and eight thousand, three hundred and fifty-five Pounds and 46 Pence) and 11, 250 Euros (Eleven thousand, two hundred and fifty Euros) from 29 May 2015 to 25 May 2016.

In a statement in Lagos on Saturday, the Minister of
Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, also
disclosed that Recoveries Under Interim Forfeiture (cash and assets) during the period totaled N126,563,481,095.43 (One hundred and twenty six billion, five hundred and sixty three million, four hundred and eighty one thousand, and ninety five Naira, forty three Kobo; $9,090,243,920.15 (Nine billion, ninety million, two hundred and forty three thousand, nine hundred and twenty Dollars, fifteen cents; 2,484,447.55 Pounds Sterling (Two million, four hundred and eighty four thousand, four hundred and forty seven Pounds, fifty five Pence) and 303,399.17 Euros (Three hundred and three thousand, three hundred and ninety- nine Euros, 17 cents ).

According to the statement, which is based on the interim report on the financial and assets recoveries made by the various government agencies from 29 May 2015 to 25 May 2016, the Funds Awaiting Return From Foreign Jurisdictions total $321,316,726.1 (Three hundred and twenty one million, three hundred and sixteen thousand, seven hundred and twenty six Dollars, one cent); 6,900,000 Pounds (Six million, nine hundred thousand Pounds) and 11,826.11 Euros (Eleven thousand, eight hundred and twenty six Euros, 11 cents).

It showed that Non-Cash Recoveries (Farmlands, Plots of Land, Uncompleted Buildings, Completed Buildings,
Vehicles and Maritime Vessels) during the period total 239.

https://www.naij.com/850103-breaking-presidency-releases-report-on-loots-recovered-withholds-looters-names-photos.html?source=index_main

Re: Federal Government Finally Releases Details Of Recovered Loots by Luckylife(m): 11:55am On Jun 04, 2016
All this money recovered and the masses are still suffering with increment on fuel, electricity bills , unfavourable policies. All this money recovered Nigeria economy are nose diving . If we must ask, is it that the barber don't know how to Barbe or the clipper is not shape? Or they are busy blaming the former barber without focusing on giving good cut? Food for thought.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Finally Releases Details Of Recovered Loots by AntiWailer: 11:57am On Jun 04, 2016
Where are their names ?
Re: Federal Government Finally Releases Details Of Recovered Loots by AxeurdaddyIX: 11:57am On Jun 04, 2016
Luckylife:
All this money recovered and masses are still suffering and increment on fuel, electricity bills , unfavourable policies.

I just tire.
Re: Federal Government Finally Releases Details Of Recovered Loots by AntiWailer: 11:58am On Jun 04, 2016
Luckylife:
All this money recovered and masses are still suffering and increment on fuel, electricity bills , unfavourable policies.

So the blame is on the people who recovered.

Not those who denied us the use at the right time ?

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Finally Releases Details Of Recovered Loots by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 04, 2016
I don taya to hear big big money without seeing them

Tomorrow Kemi Adeosun will say ''that's not the actual amount that that was what they 'planned' on getting from looters by this year end yadayada yadayadayada''
*hisses*
Re: Federal Government Finally Releases Details Of Recovered Loots by EbukaFran: 12:05pm On Jun 04, 2016
Luckylife:

So what do you want them to do?

To start giving you weekly pocket money from the recovered funds?

Do you think that is how the economy works?

The level of debate on Nairaland has fallen to its lowest ebb

3 Likes

Re: Federal Government Finally Releases Details Of Recovered Loots by Luckylife(m): 12:11pm On Jun 04, 2016
Don't use the anger on me because I don't if your relations are among those that were caught. If you don't no the basic obligations of government to its citizens, consult your secondary school teachers . No wonder your kinds don't know their human rights.
EbukaFran:

So what do you want them to do?

To start giving you weekly pocket money from the recovered funds?

Do you think that is how the economy works?

The level of debate on Nairaland has fallen to its lowest ebb
Re: Federal Government Finally Releases Details Of Recovered Loots by AxeurdaddyIX: 12:19pm On Jun 04, 2016
Luckylife:
Don't use the anger of on me because I don't if your relations are among those that were caught. If you don't no the basic obligations of government to its citizens, consult your secondary school teachers . No wonder kind don't know their human rights.

grin
Re: Federal Government Finally Releases Details Of Recovered Loots by AxeurdaddyIX: 12:20pm On Jun 04, 2016
Perfectdanny:
I don taya to hear big big money without seeing them

Tomorrow Kemi Adeosun will say ''that's not the actual amount that that was what they 'planned' on getting from looters by this year end yadayada yadayadayada''
*hisses*

Assin eeh. I don tire for Aunty Kemi
Re: Federal Government Finally Releases Details Of Recovered Loots by Jackrich: 12:23pm On Jun 04, 2016
grin grin grin smh

Any iidiot who believes in this list should be taken in for a psychiatric evaluation.

What value does a thief have that his name can't be written down and tied to his returned loot? undecided

Why is this Government always thinking that everyone is a sai baba chanting iidiot like their pathetic blind supporters ?

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Finally Releases Details Of Recovered Loots by AxeurdaddyIX: 12:30pm On Jun 04, 2016
Re: Federal Government Finally Releases Details Of Recovered Loots by EbukaFran: 12:55pm On Jun 04, 2016
Luckylife:
Don't use the anger on me because I don't if your relations are among those that were caught. If you don't no the basic obligations of government to its citizens, consult your secondary school teachers . No wonder your kinds don't know their human rights.

Classic illiteracy

So in your deluded mind, the obligation of the government is to redistribute recovered loot to its citizens ? They won't need it to shore up the nations foreign reserves or perhaps use some of it for its capital expenditure .

How much do you suggest that the government give to you and your family members?

The job of the government is not to feed you but to provide an environment for you to thrive.

4 Likes

Re: Federal Government Finally Releases Details Of Recovered Loots by Luckylife(m): 1:05pm On Jun 04, 2016
You don't need to tell the world your mental derange state.
EbukaFran:

I am Classic illiterate

So in my deluded mind, the obligation of the government is to redistribute recovered loot to its citizens ? They won't need it to shore up the nations foreign reserves or perhaps use some of it for its capital expenditure .

How much do you suggest that the government to you and your family members?

The job of the government is not to feed you but to provide an environment for you to thrive.
Re: Federal Government Finally Releases Details Of Recovered Loots by londoner: 1:12pm On Jun 04, 2016
Luckylife:

The poster is right though. Recovered loot should go back into the gov and the development for which was originally meant for.

There are no free lunches.

Anyway, those figures seem to grossly underestimated. This is loot that has been stashed since Nigeria began as a country and with impunity, the amount stashed is much more I suspect.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Finally Releases Details Of Recovered Loots by Luckylife(m): 1:17pm On Jun 04, 2016
My point is the recovered stolen should to use to better the lives of citizens.
londoner:

The poster is right though. Recovered loot should go back into the gov and the development for which was originally meant for.

There are no free lunches.

Anyway, those figures seem to grossly underestimated. This is loot that has been stashed since Nigeria began as a country and with impunity, the amount stashed is much more I suspect.
Re: Federal Government Finally Releases Details Of Recovered Loots by jay44(m): 1:32pm On Jun 04, 2016
Luckylife:
All this money recovered and the masses are still suffering with increment on fuel, electricity bills , unfavourable policies. All this money recovered Nigeria economy are nose diving . If we must ask, is it that the barber don't know how to Barbe or the clipper is not shape? Or they are busy blaming the former barber without focusing on giving good cut? Food for thought.
all dis analogy nd u still did nt make any sense.
Re: Federal Government Finally Releases Details Of Recovered Loots by ruggedchap: 1:36pm On Jun 04, 2016
Usual bullshit , so why has this money not been put to good use for the alleviation of our current economic distress and why are we still taking loans from the international community.

Who is fooling who here ? Liars !!!!
Re: Federal Government Finally Releases Details Of Recovered Loots by Luckylife(m): 1:38pm On Jun 04, 2016
You can blame me if you are senseless , although common sense is never common.
jay44:

all dis analogy nd u still did nt make any sense.
Re: Federal Government Finally Releases Details Of Recovered Loots by jay44(m): 1:43pm On Jun 04, 2016
Luckylife:
You can blame me if you are senseless , although common sense is never common.
tru. it isnt. and i guess dats y u dont av any. bt jus try. even if na small
Re: Federal Government Finally Releases Details Of Recovered Loots by AxeurdaddyIX: 1:53pm On Jun 04, 2016
ruggedchap:
Usual bullshit , so why has this money not been put to good use for the alleviation of our current economic distress and why are we still taking loans from the international community.

Who is fooling who here ? Liars !!!!

Lol. Good question

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Finally Releases Details Of Recovered Loots by EbukaFran: 2:14pm On Jun 04, 2016
Luckylife:

It is deranged

Illiterate

Go school you no gree

You are probably one of those that refer to Buhari as a dullard grin grin

Illiterate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Finally Releases Details Of Recovered Loots by AxeurdaddyIX: 2:19pm On Jun 04, 2016
EbukaFran:

It is deranged

Illiterate

Go school you no gree
grin

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Finally Releases Details Of Recovered Loots by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 04, 2016
EbukaFran:

It is deranged

Illiterate

Go school you no gree

You are probably one of those that refer to Buhari as a dullard
grin grin
Illiterate

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Federal Government Finally Releases Details Of Recovered Loots by PRYCE(m): 4:33pm On Jun 04, 2016
Modath come make we hear your inputs on this?
Re: Federal Government Finally Releases Details Of Recovered Loots by modath(f): 4:39pm On Jun 04, 2016
PRYCE:
Mo come make we hear your inputs on this?

"My input"... cheesy satisfied? Thank you..
Re: Federal Government Finally Releases Details Of Recovered Loots by montezz(f): 4:44pm On Jun 04, 2016
Hmmm....
Re: Federal Government Finally Releases Details Of Recovered Loots by PRYCE(m): 4:53pm On Jun 04, 2016
modath:

"My input"... cheesy satisfied? Thank you..

For your mind cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Top APC Members To Dump Party For Buhari And His Brothers Next Year / Checkout Efcc's Hilarious Reply To Someone Who Insulted Them On Twitter / FG, Labour Agree On New Minimum Wage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.