Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,090 members, 7,835,665 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Sex Robots To Become A Reality - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sex Robots To Become A Reality (1920 Views)

SEX DOLL BOOM: Japanese Men Dump ‘Complex Women’ For Sex Robots Who Don’t Argue / Sex And Marriage With Robots; Fiction Or New Reality? / Sex Robots Are Being Made To Replace Men By 2025 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex Robots To Become A Reality by solar2015: 6:26pm On Jun 04, 2016
Robots designed to satisfy sexual desires are close to transcending fantasy to become reality thanks to rapid advancements in artificial intelligence, computing that allows machines to mimic human affects and high-tech sensors and materials. The technology has so far yet to cross the “uncanny valley” — the wide gulf from creepy to sexy sparked by almost-but-not-quite real humanoid robots.

But sex robots are already raising ethical, legal and moral questions of consent, sexism, human biases and what our desire for them says about human psychology. The debate over them highlights one of the more controversial aspects of the increasingly social nature of our interactions with robots as they move from factories into our homes and someday, our bedrooms.

“How we treat robots — it’s a mirror of our own psychology in a way,” said Kate Darling, an expert in robot ethics at MIT’s Media Lab. Darling is fascinated by our strange desire to anthropomorphize, or attribute human agency to machines, and engage with them in a social way. She studies human empathy for robots through the lens of violence toward them.

She cites the outpouring of sympathy for Hitchbot, a hitchhiking robot that was vandalized (or “killed” according to Twitter reactions), and calls to PETA about a four-legged Boston Dynamics robot who was kicked in a promotional video as examples of how our treatment of robots offer insights into the human psyche.

“The interesting thing is not the robots, it’s how robots reveal things about our own behaviour and psychology that we’re only just learning — including the question of whether sex robots are going to be a healthy thing or unhealthy thing for people.”

Read more: http://www.sofreedomains.com/2016/06/sex-robots-to-become-reality.html

Re: Sex Robots To Become A Reality by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 04, 2016
Where is this world turning to after adult toys this is sex robot well me i go nail well
Re: Sex Robots To Become A Reality by Nature8(m): 7:30pm On Jun 04, 2016
Hmm
Re: Sex Robots To Become A Reality by vicstar(m): 7:36pm On Jun 04, 2016
biiiitch why need a robot when yo gat me!! undecided

Re: Sex Robots To Become A Reality by sholatour(m): 9:51am On Jun 05, 2016
angry
Re: Sex Robots To Become A Reality by chigoizie7(m): 10:16am On Jun 05, 2016
Hmmmm, I can not oh.

Assume that thing malfunctions when my díck is inside, hmmm, abeg I cannot loose my thing oh

(1) (Reply)

Sun Girl 16/06/2016 / 10 Excuses Born-Again Christians (Guys) Give When They Can't Woo Ladies / Do You Like My Profile Photo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.