Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,047 members, 7,825,337 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. - Science/Technology (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. (105563 Views)

See Power Innovations That Can Solve The Electricity Supply Problem In Nigeria / 10 Amazing Things We’ve Learned About The Solar System In 2016 / Scientist Have Found A Way To Recycle Sunlight — Good News For Solar Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by youngestland: 1:57pm On Jun 15, 2016
good day house
please how does it work solar and grid power when both are on which charges the battery at the time? or do I have to be switching when grid (nepa) light comes on
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by admindim: 3:05pm On Jun 15, 2016
akbahbah:

Please how can I know if my solar panel is actually charging my battery looking at the display page of my charge controller. No sign indicates charging. Just noticing this.

Bros how can I know if my solar panel is charging my battery looking at the charge controller display page. Nothing seems moving here. No arrow indication from panel to battery.
in the picture that is pmw solar charge controlle two things is either the fuse caught or wire has cut inside get a multi meter and test it

1 Like

Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by Lanjonath(m): 9:25pm On Jun 15, 2016
Both will charge the system at the same time sir

youngestland:
good day house

please how does it work solar and grid power when both are on
which charges the battery at the time?
or do I have to be switching when grid (nepa) light comes on
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by timifakay(m): 1:43pm On Jun 16, 2016
Hello everyone, I'm in a fix here and I need your inputs.
There's a 192v UPS but power supply is very terrible and I plan to install solar panels but I'm in a fix on what to do of the following options:

(1) Connect the panels and charge controllers to charge the batteries directly ie by connecting the charge controller to the batteries which then supplies power to the UPS for use. And is it advisable for the UPS to simultaneously charge the system anytime there's ac power supply in the form of NEPA or when generator is on during the day? OR
(2) To get an inverter and connect to the charge controller and supply the house; without batteries (all appliances are plugged to the US except lights), don't wanna get another set of batteries because the UPS battery bank is enough to provide all the needed power.

The UPS is 6kva and has 192v back up of 26ah batteries- 16 pieces- (16*12v = 192v) all connected in series.
If recommending to get an inverter, what rating will adequately power the 6kva inverter and charge the batteries?
The proposed solar array is 1000w.
Are there charge controllers capable of delivering 192v to batteries in Nigeria, how much do they cost?

I'll appreciate any replies and if anyone can propose another system configuration it will be given due consideration.
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by darocha1: 3:27pm On Jun 16, 2016
Luminous Inverter battery 200Ah/12v for sale @ 42k. Battery last 4hrs.
call/whatsaapp 08137539988
can be used as back up or to compliment an existing set-up

Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by Lanjonath(m): 9:31pm On Jun 16, 2016
Both options should work perfectly sir.

timifakay:
Hello everyone, I'm in a fix here and I need your inputs.
There's a 192v UPS but power supply is very terrible and I plan to install solar panels but I'm in a fix on what to do of the following options:

(1) Connect the panels and charge controllers to charge the batteries directly ie by connecting the charge controller to the batteries which then supplies power to the UPS for use. And is it advisable for the UPS to simultaneously charge the system anytime there's ac power supply in the form of NEPA or when generator is on during the day? OR
(2) To get an inverter and connect to the charge controller and supply the house; without batteries (all appliances are plugged to the US except lights), don't wanna get another set of batteries because the UPS battery bank is enough to provide all the needed power.

The UPS is 6kva and has 192v back up of 26ah batteries- 16 pieces- (16*12v = 192v) all connected in series.
If recommending to get an inverter, what rating will adequately power the 6kva inverter and charge the batteries?
The proposed solar array is 1000w.
Are there charge controllers capable of delivering 192v to batteries in Nigeria, how much do they cost?

I'll appreciate any replies and if anyone can propose another system configuration it will be given due consideration.

Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by dejavus: 3:47am On Jun 17, 2016
Any reliable Solar Panel retailer? loads of sellers on Jiji and Konga, but unsure if they are good enough.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by 1kinggy(m): 8:48am On Jun 17, 2016
Any solar system installer in Ibadan to do a job around Olodo, Iwo-road.
We have an existing 1.5KVA inverter installed already.
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by darocha1: 9:06am On Jun 17, 2016
1kinggy:

can we discuss on 08137539988
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by darocha1: 9:07am On Jun 17, 2016
dejavus:
Any reliable Solar Panel retailer? loads of sellers on Jiji and Konga, but unsure if they are good enough.

letz talk Mr Dejavu 08137539988
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by melvyano: 10:14am On Jun 17, 2016
good day i work with zinox technologies trhe makers of zinox computers and iPowerPlus inverters we also have solar panels. contact on onochie@zinoxtechnologies.com/ 08031813497
dejavus:

1 Like

Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by timifakay(m): 4:32pm On Jun 17, 2016
1kinggy:
What's the proposed runtime and budget?
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by timifakay(m): 4:36pm On Jun 17, 2016
Lanjonath:
Both options should work perfectly sir.
Do you have any idea about the cost of a 192v charge controller?
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by DMerciful(m): 6:07pm On Jun 17, 2016
Check aliexpress.com
timifakay:

Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by timifakay(m): 6:21pm On Jun 17, 2016
DMerciful:
Check aliexpress.com
Okay thanks...
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by 1kinggy(m): 7:43pm On Jun 17, 2016
darocha1:

can we discuss on 08137539988

Hope you're on whatsapp
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by darocha1: 9:48pm On Jun 17, 2016
1kinggy:

Hope you're on whatsapp

Yes pls
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by DMerciful(m): 3:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
Who has connected the epever to PC?
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by Lanjonath(m): 8:18pm On Jun 18, 2016
I'm sorry sir, I don't really deal with PWM Controllers

timifakay:

Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by darocha1: 8:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
DMerciful:
Who has connected the epever to PC?

hope to try it this week
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by BisolaSexyKush(f): 8:41pm On Jun 18, 2016
I'm in urgent need of about 300 pieces of 250W Mono-Crystalline Solar Panels. Merchants who can meet up with this demand quantity should e-mail with their best price as soon as possible, we are looking to make the purchase ASAP so time wasters should please not contact me.

Kindly e-mail: briantrey56@gmail.com
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by DMerciful(m): 8:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
Do you have the RS485 cable? Still expecting d rs485 I ordered
darocha1:

hope to try it this week
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by darocha1: 9:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
DMerciful:
Do you have the RS485 cable? Still expecting d rs485 I ordered

saw one in the client's imported cc. will check store if i have it or i left it at his place
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by timifakay(m): 9:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
Lanjonath:
I'm sorry sir, I don't really deal with PWM Controllers

What of price of an MPPT?
I've come to realize the 192v charge controller isn't usable as the batteries are 26ah, meanwhile smallest charging current for that voltage rating I saw is 30a.
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by darocha1: 9:48pm On Jun 18, 2016
timifakay:

I've come to realize the 192v charge controller isn't usable as the batteries are 26ah, meanwhile smallest charging current for that voltage rating I saw is 30a.

140-180
Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by Lanjonath(m): 9:58pm On Jun 18, 2016
Well depending on the current rating, but for 30Amps it goes for N100K and for higher current ratings, it goes up to N155K for 60Amps

timifakay:

1 Like

Re: Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. by emytech: 11:05pm On Jun 18, 2016
My Solar power setup.