Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (80427 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / Female Jehovah's Witness Knocks At Man's House, He Opens The Door While Naked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by paulGrundy(m): 11:53am On Jun 09, 2016
joyandfaith:

1914 can be explained using bible chronology. And pyramid has nothing to do with 1914.
mathematicians then were curious and can use pyramid to calculate anything.
yes, rusell just as other bible scholars then felt jews constructed great pyramid of giza and hid Divine truth in it.
however, in 20s, watchtower rejected pyramid teaching. mind you rusell calculated 1914 using bible chronology, not pyramid.

Unobvious to you, the teachings surrounding 1914 has been changed and tried to be swept under the carpet. Well thank God for the internet. (Will soon open another topic exposing the lies that surround 1914).

""In that day there shall be an altar to the Lord in the midst of the land of Egypt, for a sign and for a witness." (Isaiah 19: 19, 20.) Not only did God mention prophetically the great Pyramid in Isaiah, but also in Jeremiah 32:20, where we read that "He set signs and wonders in the land of Egypt, even unto this day."" The Bible Students Monthly Vol.5 No.11

^^^ Russell attributing the great pyramid of Giza to Jeremaih and Isaiah.

"The Great Pyramid in Egypt is a Witness to all these events of the ages and of our day -- testifying in symbols? The Pyramid's downward passage under "A Draconis" symbolizes the course of Sin? Its First Ascending Passage symbolizes the Jewish age? Its grand Gallery symbolized the Gospel age? Its Upper Step symbolized the approaching period of tribulation and anarchy, "Judgments," upon Christendom? Its King's Chamber the Divine Nature, etc., of the Overcoming Church -- the Christ, Head and Body? Its Ante-Chamber the Correction in Righteousness of the "Great Company" etc.? Its Queen's Chamber those of Israel and the world who attain Restitution?" Studies In the Scriptures Series I - The Divine Plan of the Ages 1908 edition end notes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by goodnewscliff(m): 6:25pm On Jun 09, 2016
paulGrundy:

Then do more research on it, its obvious you know little of your history. My questions now are;

1) Why would Jehovah allow a doctrine of occultic origin into his organization.

2) JW's reject Xmas and other public holidays because of their pagan origin, but they can't do the same for 1914, why?
Because its the only doctrine of Russell that is accepted and would be used to venerate him as pioneer of the society.
who told ya we re occultic?? Y dont u come see for urself?? U cant draft the meaning of the year 1914 now'...it has it own xplanation...besides it has never been celebrated by witness..we dnt celebrate 1914...where did u get dis from?? Y rush into wrong conclusions already?? We dont have anything in the bible called 'doctrine of russel'so we dnt follow russel,we follow THE BIBLES TEACHING...y dont u check urself b4 arriving at baseless conclusions....#Copypaste from a diehard outdated critics#

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by tempem: 6:42pm On Jun 09, 2016
Callmemike:

1: Witnesses must not believe everything you believe in.
2. Yes: they believe Jesus Christ is Lord: the son of God
3; Yes: they believe Jesus came to save mankind
your problem is that your opinion of witnesses was handed down to you; someone told you. And you swallowed it all. For the greaer good, do talk with them
That's one thing about people.. It's always I heard, they said and not I've seen.. even the I've seen asked them for evidences they'll start making excuses.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by goodnewscliff(m): 7:12pm On Jun 09, 2016
paulGrundy:
Propaganda spewing machine! Where do I start from in correcting the misinformation in this post.

Distributed in what? Your village?

Oh really?! The Candance Conti peadophile case (amongst others) you lost and the over 200 million dollars(?) That you your governing body was ordered to pay up, am sure you don't know about that. Am sure you don't also know that watchtower's policy changed because that court case, (check my signature for more details).

Whilst Jehovahs witnesses stance during persecution was commendable, am not sure you know about Rutherfords secret letters to Hitler expressing support for the war

Translation of the letter to English reads:

"Dear Reichskanzler,

The Brooklyn headquarter of the Watchtower Society is pro German in an exemplary way and has been so for many years. For that reason, in 1918, the president of the Society and seven members of the board of directors were sentenced to 80 years in prison, because the president refused to use two of the magazines published in America under his direction for war propaganda against Germany. These two magazines, "The Watchtower" and "Bible Student" were the only magazines in America which refused to engage in anti-German propaganda and for that reason were prohibited and suppressed in America during the war.

In the very same manner, in course of the recent months the board of directors of our Society not only refused to engage in propaganda against Germany, but has even taken a position against it. The enclosed declaration underlines this fact and emphasizes that the people leading in such propaganda (Jewish businessmen and Catholics) also are the most rigorous persecutors of the work of our Society and its board of directors. This and other statements of the declaration are meant to repudiate the slanderous accusation, that Bible Researchers are supported by the Jews.

The conference of five thousand delegates also noted - as is expressed in the declaration - that the Bible Researchers of Germany are fighting for the very same high ethical goals and ideals which also the national government of the German Reich proclaimed respecting the relationship of humans to God, namely: honesty of the created being towards its creator.

The conference came to the conclusion that there are no contradictions when it comes to the relationship between the Bible Researchers of Germany to the national government of the German Reich. To the contrary, referring to the purely religious and unpolitical goals and efforts of the Bible Researchers, it can be said that these are in full agreement with the identical goals of the national government of the German Reich.

We are looking forward to your kind approval, which we hope to receive soon, and want to assure our highest respect to you, honorable Mr. Reichskanzler.

Yours faithfully,
Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society Magdeburg"

Was more than 8 million during the 1970's and 80's. Hanging around 8 million this period and will still go lower several years from now.

Your performance statistics, very poor!
dat some some members who might have done wrong were charged to court and lose case doesnot mean the whole body of jehovahs witnesses has lost any...;WE AS A BODY( collective) hasnt lose any case...;#corrected#......how can someone write a secret letter to a dictator in approval of what he is doing when he himself and other hundreds are victims??In March 1919 the directors including j.f rutherford were released on bail after an appeals court ruled they had been wrongly convicted; in May 1920 the government announced that all charges had been dropped....and u called the letter secret?? I call it baseless....there was never a time in history witnesses gave their support to wars by any means...#fact that other religion who partook in the war cannot denyyy# ........go and check ur house in ur village, 90 percent chances that could find our magazines...its almost everywhere#globally#...we ve increased greatly in numbers over the years...thats progress...something a baseless critics like u can never see

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by goodnewscliff(m): 7:28pm On Jun 09, 2016
paulGrundy:

Unobvious to you, the teachings surrounding 1914 has been changed and tried to be swept under the carpet. Well thank God for the internet. (Will soon open another topic exposing the lies that surround 1914).

""In that day there shall be an altar to the Lord in the midst of the land of Egypt, for a sign and for a witness." (Isaiah 19: 19, 20.) Not only did God mention prophetically the great Pyramid in Isaiah, but also in Jeremiah 32:20, where we read that "He set signs and wonders in the land of Egypt, even unto this day."" The Bible Students Monthly Vol.5 No.11

^^^ Russell attributing the great pyramid of Giza to Jeremaih and Isaiah.

"The Great Pyramid in Egypt is a Witness to all these events of the ages and of our day -- testifying in symbols? The Pyramid's downward passage under "A Draconis" symbolizes the course of Sin? Its First Ascending Passage symbolizes the Jewish age? Its grand Gallery symbolized the Gospel age? Its Upper Step symbolized the approaching period of tribulation and anarchy, "Judgments," upon Christendom? Its King's Chamber the Divine Nature, etc., of the Overcoming Church -- the Christ, Head and Body? Its Ante-Chamber the Correction in Righteousness of the "Great Company" etc.? Its Queen's Chamber those of Israel and the world who attain Restitution?" Studies In the Scriptures Series I - The Divine Plan of the Ages 1908 edition end notes

these pyramid meant something...it was a link to some findable facts...it was never use in worship,nor part of our worship....and bsides WE DONT FOLLOW RUSSEL!!! WE FOLLOW THE BIBLE...I DONT NEED TO ACCESS THE INTERNET TO KNOW THE LIES ABOUT HELLFIRE,XMAS,BIRTHDAYS AND OTHER STUFFS UR OWN BIBLE CONDEMN.....people who fall away 4rm the organisation spend their time in sapping the good name of jehovahs witnesses.....go think abt the lies u av been told by ur pastor and stop looking 4 baseless ideas and propagandas...i would advice that U WOULD LET UR BIBLE BE UR CHURCH...IT WILL LEAD U TO THE RIGHT PATH....jehovahs witness aint perfect but wit us is the TRUTH

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by paulGrundy(m): 7:34pm On Jun 09, 2016
goodnewscliff:
dat some some members who might have done wrong were charged to court and lose case doesnot mean the whole body of jehovahs witnesses has lost any...;WE AS A BODY( collective) hasnt lose any case...;#corrected#......how can someone write a secret letter to a dictator in approval of what he is doing when he himself and other hundreds are victims??

Good question! They did it so that they could gain approval and goodwill from hitler which would enable them to be exempted from persecution. But the plan failed. The point is, why would they stoop so low as to play to racial sentiments to get their way?
It shows that watchtower leaders don't practice what they preach, they are hypocrites.

In March 1919 the directors including j.f rutherford were released on bail after an appeals court ruled they had been wrongly convicted; in May 1920 the government announced that all charges had been dropped....and u called the letter secret?? I call it baseless....there was never a time in history witnesses gave their support to wars by any means...#fact that other religion who partook in the war cannot denyyy#

Not entirely all, some stood their grounds in the face of persecution.

........go and check ur house in ur village, 90 percent chances that could find our magazines...its almost everywhere#globally#...we ve increased greatly in numbers over the years...thats progress...something a baseless critics like u can never see

Wake me up when the watchtower and Awake is in iran and afghanistan. Or are they unworthy to be saved from armaggedon?
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by paulGrundy(m): 7:42pm On Jun 09, 2016
goodnewscliff:
these pyramid meant something...it was a link to some findable facts...it was never use in worship,nor part of our worship....and bsides WE DONT FOLLOW RUSSEL!!! WE FOLLOW THE BIBLE...I DONT NEED TO ACCESS THE INTERNET TO KNOW THE LIES ABOUT HELLFIRE,XMAS,BIRTHDAYS AND OTHER STUFFS UR OWN BIBLE CONDEMN.....people who fall away 4rm the organisation spend their time in sapping the good name of jehovahs witnesses.....go think abt the lies u av been told by ur pastor and stop looking 4 baseless ideas and propagandas...i would advice that U WOULD LET UR BIBLE BE UR CHURCH...IT WILL LEAD U TO THE RIGHT PATH....jehovahs witness aint perfect but wit us is the TRUTH

The watchtower would go to great lenght to criticize other religions for mundane things with pagan origin like xmas, New-year. But is unwilling to discard her 1914 core doctrine which has pagan origin, but would rather lie and change its history.

Should that be called HYPOCRISY?
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by paulGrundy(m): 7:47pm On Jun 09, 2016
goodnewscliff:
who told ya we re occultic?? Y dont u come see for urself?? U cant draft the meaning of the year 1914 now'...it has it own xplanation...besides it has never been celebrated by witness..we dnt celebrate 1914...where did u get dis from?? Y rush into wrong conclusions already?? We dont have anything in the bible called 'doctrine of russel'so we dnt follow russel,we follow THE BIBLES TEACHING...y dont u check urself b4 arriving at baseless conclusions....#Copypaste from a diehard outdated critics#

The bolded is a lie! I only said the watchtower had/still have occultic links. Just like the pyramidology just demonstrated to you.

That's different from saying they are occultic. For the fact that am eating Amala and ewedu (a yoruba food) does not make me yoruba.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by goodnewscliff(m): 7:59pm On Jun 09, 2016
paulGrundy:

Good question! They did it so that they could gain approval and goodwill from hitler which would enable them to be exempted from persecution. But the plan failed. The point is, why would they stoop so low as to play to racial sentiments to get their way?
It shows that watchtower leaders don't practice what they preach, they are hypocrites.

Not entirely all, some stood their grounds in the face of persecution.

Wake me up when the watchtower and Awake is in iran and afghanistan. Or are they unworthy to be saved from armaggedon?
did the letter outline support for the war?? J.f rutherford was realeased legally as the charges against him was dropped...did he bribe hitler?? Which plan failed?? Its obvious that it was hitlers cos he is so dead...and we ve got thousands of witnesses...THAT LETTER OUTLINED REASONS FOR HIM TO STOP PERSECUTING US COS OF OUR BELIEFS...they never asked for favour and it is not a secret letter!!!is improsonment not persecution?? Was dat the only time he was imprisoned?? Y dont u go preach in iran and afganistan ?

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by goodnewscliff(m): 8:03pm On Jun 09, 2016
paulGrundy:

The bolded is a lie! I only said the watchtower had/still have occultic links. Just like the pyramidology just demonstrated to you.

That's different from saying they are occultic. For the fact that am eating Amala and ewedu (a yoruba food) does not make me yoruba.
if we dont worship the pyramid and dont use it in our worship and dont preach about it and dont believe in it then whats ur unsettled point here?? I dont get u??

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by goodnewscliff(m): 8:03pm On Jun 09, 2016
paulGrundy:

if we dont worship the pyramid and dont use it in our worship and dont preach about it and dont believe in it(a fact that u know), then whats ur unsettled point here?? I dont get u??
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by goodnewscliff(m): 8:10pm On Jun 09, 2016
paulGrundy:

what are the links?? Outline them...i wanna know......
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by goodnewscliff(m): 8:16pm On Jun 09, 2016
paulGrundy:

The watchtower would go to great lenght to criticize other religions for mundane things with pagan origin like xmas, New-year. But is unwilling to discard her 1914 core doctrine which has pagan origin, but would rather lie and change its history.

Should that be called HYPOCRISY?
we got biblical reason for not celebrating unclean and mudane stuffs like xmas, birthdays and other unholy holidays ur bible condems....what do u think is the doctrine behind 1914?do u know why that year is important? Do u know the mathematical calculations that pointed to that year? These are stuff u dont know unless u re told...there no occultism attached to it...lol...it is jst a biblical calculation...nothing more...no extra strings attached...if u wanna know about it, u can tell a WITNESS PREACHING IN UR AREA TO PUT U THROUGH AND U SEE 4 URSELF.....how does it have a pagan origin..?? Xplain...
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by paulGrundy(m): 8:23pm On Jun 09, 2016
goodnewscliff:
what are the links?? Outline them...i wanna know......

The terms Watch Tower, Golden Age, Jehovah, New World Order, all-seeing-eye, winged sun disk, two columns, pyramids and Russell's strong Zionist stance are part of Freemasonry.

If you are sincerely interested in the links check out this site.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/davinci-freemason.php
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by paulGrundy(m): 8:32pm On Jun 09, 2016
goodnewscliff:
did the letter outline support for the war??

It was very much implied.

"Dear Reichskanzler,

The Brooklyn headquarter of the Watchtower Society is pro German in an exemplary way and has been so for many years. For that reason, in 1918, the president of the Society and seven members of the board of directors were sentenced to 80 years in prison, because the president refused to use two of the magazines published in America under his direction for war propaganda against Germany. These two magazines, "The Watchtower" and "Bible Student" were the only magazines in America which refused to engage in anti-German propaganda and for that reason were prohibited and suppressed in America during the war.

In the very same manner, in course of the recent months the board of directors of our Society not only refused to engage in propaganda against Germany, but has even taken a position against it. The enclosed declaration underlines this fact and emphasizes that the people leading in such propaganda (Jewish businessmen and Catholics) also are the most rigorous persecutors of the work of our Society and its board of directors. This and other statements of the declaration are meant to repudiate the slanderous accusation, that Bible Researchers are supported by the Jews.

The conference of five thousand delegates also noted - as is expressed in the declaration - that the Bible Researchers of Germany are fighting for the very same high ethical goals and ideals which also the national government of the German Reich proclaimed respecting the relationship of humans to God, namely: honesty of the created being towards its creator.

The conference came to the conclusion that there are no contradictions when it comes to the relationship between the Bible Researchers of Germany to the national government of the German Reich. To the contrary, referring to the purely religious and unpolitical goals and efforts of the Bible Researchers, it can be said that these are in [size=17pt]full agreement[/size] with the identical goals of the national government of the German Reich.

We are looking forward to your kind approval, which we hope to receive soon, and want to assure our highest respect to you, honorable Mr. Reichskanzler.

Yours faithfully,

J.f rutherford was realeased legally as the charges against him was dropped...did he bribe hitler?? Which plan failed??

You are just typing gibberish, Rutherfords arrest happened in US and was because of an unrelated issue.

Its obvious that it was hitlers cos he is so dead...and we ve got thousands of witnesses...THAT LETTER OUTLINED REASONS FOR HIM TO STOP PERSECUTING US COS OF OUR BELIEFS...they never asked for favour and it is not a secret letter!!!is improsonment not persecution?? Was dat the only time he was imprisoned?? Y dont u go preach in iran and afganistan ?

It was a secret letter. I may not be able to preach the gospel in iran and Afghanistan, but I don't go about claiming that innocent people who don't know about Jehovahs witnesses will die in armageddon.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by goodnewscliff(m): 8:33pm On Jun 09, 2016
paulGrundy:

The terms Watch Tower, Golden Age, Jehovah, New World Order, all-seeing-eye, winged sun disk, two columns, pyramids and Russell's strong Zionist stance are part of Freemasonry.

If you are sincerely interested in the links check out this site.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/davinci-freemason.php
lolz...if the term jehovah which was discovered by the witnesses was part of that stuff and pagan related, how come do other religion nw see the truth and use that same name?? Watchtower is a bible related term....does using these terms shows that we believe in pyramids and use them and worship them?? Imagine using the name of GOD JEHOVAH IS NOW A PROOF THAT THAT WE ARE LINKED TO PYRAMIDS!!!!!when the bible says only those calling in the NAME of GOD and doing his will will be saved.....so u call this proof that we are pyramid linked SERIOUSLY?

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by goodnewscliff(m): 8:54pm On Jun 09, 2016
paulGrundy:

It was very much implied.

"Dear Reichskanzler,

The conference came to the conclusion that there are no contradictions when it comes to the relationship between the Bible Researchers of Germany to the national government of the German Reich. To the contrary, referring to the purely religious and unpolitical goals and efforts of the Bible Researchers, it can be said that these are in [size=17pt]full agreement[/size] with the identical goals of the national government of the German Reich.

Yours faithfully,

Its obvious that it was hitlers cos he is so dead...and we ve got thousands of witnesses...THAT LETTER OUTLINED REASONS FOR HIM TO STOP PERSECUTING US COS OF OUR BELIEFS...they never asked for favour
Did the witness write a letter of appeasement to hitler who ignored it and LATER(after the letter was sent and read) persecuted them.............. Yes, namely from the J.W. publication The Watchtower and Awake! (Formerly 'The Golden Age'), which included an open letter to Adolf Hitler from the German Branch of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. However, it was a strongly worded letter not only demanding freedom for themselves but for other religious sects. Jehovah Witnesses were persecuted under Nazi Germany from the very moment Hitler became chancellor due to their political neutrality and refusal to support the Third Reich. Others who sent letters to Hitler included Gandhi and Roosevelt.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by paulGrundy(m): 9:04pm On Jun 09, 2016
goodnewscliff:
lolz...if the term jehovah which was discovered by the witnesses was part of that stuff and pagan related, how come do other religion nw see the truth and use that same name?? Watchtower is a bible related term....does using these terms shows that we believe in pyramids and use them and worship them?? Imagine using the name of GOD JEHOVAH IS NOW A PROOF THAT THAT WE ARE LINKED TO PYRAMIDS!!!!!when the bible says only those calling in the NAME of GOD and doing his will will be saved.....so u call this proof that we are pyramid linked SERIOUSLY?

[size=17pt]nawa for you, you do not take your time to read posts before you comment, you just make assumptions[/size].

Where the did get the words in CAPS from? Your head?
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by goodnewscliff(m): 9:17pm On Jun 09, 2016
paulGrundy:

[size=17pt]nawa for you, you do not take your time to read posts before you comment, you just make assumptions[/size].

didnt u see am quoting 4rm romans 10:13 in the book of authority,BIBLE....AND not an empty philosophy...i told u previously that we dnt follow mere human thinking but the bible and bible alone??If THE TERM JEHOVAH IS LINKED WITH PYRAMIDS, then what is Gods personal name Nawa for u ohh

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by goodnewscliff(m): 9:27pm On Jun 09, 2016
paulGrundy:

do u take ur time and make research b4 copying and pasting the faCTLESS FAILURES OF JEHOVAHS WITNESS??

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by paulGrundy(m): 9:48pm On Jun 09, 2016
goodnewscliff:
Did the witness write a letter of appeasement to hitler who ignored it and LATER(after the letter was sent and read) persecuted them.............. Yes, namely from the J.W. publication The Watchtower and Awake! (Formerly 'The Golden Age'), which included an open letter to Adolf Hitler from the German Branch of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. However, it was a strongly worded letter not only demanding freedom for themselves but for other religious sects

Yeeeaah, it not only demanded religious freedom yet its also expressed its FULL AGREEMENT for the national goals of german Nazi regime, which includes to kill and persecute innocent Jews because of their race. While still expressing racial sentiments.

Mr Man, you have no excuse!

Jehovah Witnesses were persecuted under Nazi Germany from the very moment Hitler became chancellor due to their political neutrality and refusal to support the Third Reich. Others who sent letters to Hitler included Gandhi and Roosevelt.

Did Ghandi and rooselvelts letter fan the embers of hate just like the watchtowers? No?
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by paulGrundy(m): 9:51pm On Jun 09, 2016
goodnewscliff:
do u take ur time and make research b4 copying and pasting the faCTLESS FAILURES OF JEHOVAHS WITNESS??

You too take time to verify whatever you read and comes to your head before writing.

That was how you lied that rutherford was imprisoned by Hitler. cheesy grin

When did that one happen? In your head?
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by goodnewscliff(m): 9:51pm On Jun 09, 2016
paulGrundy:

we have had our failings...sure...in dat year 1914, witnesses then thought the armaggeddon(the end of this wicked world) would come, but it didnt.....SAME WITH OTHER BIBLE CHARACTER WHO EVEN RECORDED THEIR OWN FAILINGS LIKE MOSES, PETER ,...DAVID, etc cos we aint perfect but as we dug dipper in the scriptures, we had to change gradually and had to stop xmas which we celebrated b4, new year and other beliefs...THIS TOOK TIME AND IT WASNT A ONE-DAY THING.... We acquired deeper undastanding and the accurate knowledge of truth.we let the bible be our guide instead of MAN AND HIS IDEAs....we ve discussing abt the witnesses for quite some time now...y not let me visit ur religion and help u outline things that ur religion do TODAY AND BELIEVE IN THAT ARE NOT IN UR BIBLE?? UR TURN THIS TIME!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by goodnewscliff(m): 10:00pm On Jun 09, 2016
paulGrundy:

Yeeeaah, it not only demanded religious freedom yet its also expressed its FULL AGREEMENT for the national goals of german Nazi regime, which includes to kill and persecute innocent Jews because of their race. While still expressing racial sentiments.

Mr Man, you have no excuse!

Did Ghandi and rooselvelts letter fan the embers of hate just like the watchtowers? No?
if actually the letter stands for support, y didnt the WITNESS GO TO WAR ?? Y DIDNT THEY TAKE UP ARMS AND KILL?? Y DID THEY STILL REMAIN NEUTRAL POLITICALLY?? OR did they support by going to WAR?? ANSWER....y will they support by letter and still say NO TO WAR?? IS THAT REASONABLE?? DOES IT MAKE SENSE?? OR DID THAT SITE U COPY PASTED THIS SHIT 4RM SAY WITNESS DID GO TO WAR??ANSWER??were witness imprisoned or not?? Were they killed becos of their faith?? Where other religions who supported the war doing?? We were KILLED, IMPRISONED 4 our faith and belief man....WHAT MORE PROOF DO U WANT TO SHOW WE DONT SUPPORT WAR BY LETTER OR ANY MEANS Weirdo....we have used our lives to prove it ....WHAT MORE ?? WILL U AND UR RELIGION DO THE SAME dats what u shud b thinking....

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by goodnewscliff(m): 10:15pm On Jun 09, 2016
paulGrundy:

You too take time to verify whatever you read and comes to your head before writing.

hmm....did i do such thing?? Y dont u quote me naaa?? Liar

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by goodnewscliff(m): 10:25pm On Jun 09, 2016
paulGrundy:

hmm....did i do such thing?? Y dont u quote me naaa?? DO YOU KNOW THE WITNESSES WERE ONLY THE PEOPLE WHO STOOD TO THEIR FAITH AND BELIEF WITHOUT COMPROMISE come rain nor sunshine, whether death was involved jst like meshach,shedrach,abednego,jesus,daniel and others in the bible who were willing to die for what they believe?fulfilling jesus words of persecution when he says if they persecute me,same will happen to u...and pauls word at 2tim 3:12....all fulfilling on ONLY JEHOVAHS WITNESS cos of their belief......

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by brocab: 12:42am On Jun 10, 2016
Lies! in what faith do the JW's stand for, a Christ they don't even know-the unknown God.
goodnewscliff:
hmm....did i do such thing?? Y dont u quote me naaa?? DO YOU KNOW THE WITNESSES WERE ONLY THE PEOPLE WHO STOOD TO THEIR FAITH AND BELIEF WITHOUT COMPROMISE come rain nor sunshine, whether death was involved jst like meshach,shedrach,abednego,jesus,daniel and others in the bible who were willing to die for what they believe?fulfilling jesus words of persecution when he says if they persecute me,same will happen to u...and pauls word at 2tim 3:12....all fulfilling on ONLY JEHOVAHS WITNESS cos of their belief......
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by goodnews201668: 12:56am On Jun 10, 2016
brocab:
Lies! in what faith do the JW's stand for, a Christ they don't even know-the unknown God.

yes their stance actually prove them to Jesus followers, Jesus said his followers must be no part of the world, you don't claim to be his follower by mouth alone. Besides Jesus followers are expected to do the same work Jesus did, declaring the gospel and the message of Gods kingdom!
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by paulGrundy(m): 7:27am On Jun 10, 2016
goodnewscliff:
hmm....did i do such thing?? Y dont u quote me naaa??

goodnewscliff 7:12pm On Jun 09:
dat some some members who might have done wrong were charged to court and lose case doesnot mean the whole body of jehovahs witnesses has lost any...;WE AS A BODY( collective) hasnt lose any case...;#corrected#......[i]how can someone write a secret letter to a dictator in approval of what he is doing when he himself and other hundreds are victims??In March 1919 the directors including j.f rutherford were released on bail after an appeals court ruled they had been wrongly convicted; in May 1920 the government announced that all charges had been dropped....and u called the letter secret?? I call it baseless....[/i]there was never a time in history witnesses gave their support to wars by any means...#fact that other religion who partook in the war cannot denyyy# ........go and check ur house in ur village, 90 percent chances that could find our magazines...its almost everywhere#globally#...we ve increased greatly in numbers over the years...thats progress...something a baseless critics like u can never see

You have probably edited that quote ^^ and downplayed the quote.

DO YOU KNOW THE WITNESSES WERE ONLY THE PEOPLE WHO STOOD TO THEIR FAITH AND BELIEF WITHOUT COMPROMISE come rain nor sunshine, whether death was involved jst like meshach,shedrach,abednego,jesus,daniel and others in the bible who were willing to die for what they believe?fulfilling jesus words of persecution when he says if they persecute me,same will happen to u...and pauls word at 2tim 3:12....all fulfilling on ONLY JEHOVAHS WITNESS cos of their belief......

That's not entirely true! Some Catholic preists, protestants and funnily even homosexuals, stood their grounds and did not take part in war.
Here is an excerpt from new york times, always do your research before typing rubbish.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/01/13/weekinreview/word-for-word-case-against-nazis-hitler-s-forces-planned-destroy-german.html?pagewanted=all
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by paulGrundy(m): 7:32am On Jun 10, 2016
goodnews201668:

yes their stance actually prove them to Jesus followers, Jesus said his followers must be no part of the world, you don't claim to be his follower by mouth alone. Besides Jesus followers are expected to do the same work Jesus did, declaring the gospel and the message of Gods kingdom!

Other groups that don't take part in politics, war and preach the gospel, where do you classify them?
Non Jesus followers?
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by brocab: 7:46pm On Jun 10, 2016
{John 1:2-15} Do not love the world or anything in the world, If anyone loves the world the love of the Father is not in them.
Do you bring people to Christ baptising them in the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit?
Do you rise the dead?
Do you lay hands on the sick?
Do the blind now see?
[color=#000099]Do you speak the truth about Christ, "Or do you speak the truth about kingdom hall?

{John 14:6-10} I Am the way the truth and the life, no-one comes to the Father except through Me, If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also. From now on you do know Him and Have seen Him... Whoever has seen Me has seen the Father, I Am in the Father and the Father is in Me.
goodnews201668:

[/color]
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by MizJanet(f): 8:22pm On Jun 10, 2016
paulGrundy:

Am sure you don't know she is an Atheist

churchman, who ask for your opinion ? with thier stance on hellfire and tithe . take it or leave it they are by far better than you.

funny enough, u Will never dare discuss this hellfire stuff with me ... I can thrash you and your pastors using ur own holy book . grin an atheist knows much than you . shame

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (36) (Reply)

"Man Dies In Coffin After Abuja Pastor Paid Him N500k For Miracle Scam" / Our Daily Manna / COZA Had First Physical Church Service In Abuja After Ease Of Lockdown (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.