Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,033 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (80458 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / Female Jehovah's Witness Knocks At Man's House, He Opens The Door While Naked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 05, 2016
Nnaabros:

Sorry for the mentions then. But this is a public forum so you cant avoid the mentions. Just one last time if you don't mind.

Just check this link for lots of explanatons to your questions.
https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/

Remember, ALL WE OFFER YOU IS THE TRUTH

More peace smiley

Alright sir, thank you...
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Sarang(f): 8:35pm On Jun 05, 2016
Horlufemi:

He doesn't need to he is.

Let me expanciate.

John 1:1

In the beginning was the word and the word as with God (a supreme being) and he word was God (a supreme being). Jesus has all the characteristics of God.

Jesus is equal with God i e. Same essence of God.

For your information there is a Godkind consisting of God and Jesus. Just as there exists mankind. The holy spirit is he manifestation of their power.

I rest ma case.

And am still wondering how someone can be with a person and be that person.. undecided

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by bdek(m): 8:36pm On Jun 05, 2016
Mt 24:14 the reason to preach

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Sarang(f): 8:40pm On Jun 05, 2016
paulGrundy:

Just as pentecostals believe that openly confessing Jesus as lord and saviour takes you to heaven, so also do JW's believe that going door to door gaurantees them salvation at armaggedon, it doesn't matter how many hours they've done in the past, so long as the end of the world meets them actively doing dooor to door.

not really.

But going door to door actually shows how much WE love and want to help people be saved.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 05, 2016
chubbystev:
they will preach to u who already knows the scriptures nd leave the allahuakbar alone. ....seriously they disturb with their lies

My Guy you almost won make laughter choke me o!
Nawa o!
How you take funny like this?
That pic. badt gan!
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Sarang(f): 8:44pm On Jun 05, 2016
Trina0936:
I can never attend Jehovah's witness,Eckankar,Seven day adventist or white garment churches. From all I mentioned above,the worse hypocrites still remain Jehovah's witnesses!
How can a normal human being not celebrate their birthdays or donate blood to save a dying soul? All in the name of some religion which obviously isn't Christianity! Explains why they have a completely different version of the bible.
They don't even marry outside their denomination so if you are dating one and you aren't ready to be a JW better move on! undecided

But abeg tell me,
Who birthday celebration don epp?

A dying soul?
And that is the reason God called Abraham his friend,he was going to KILL his ONLY SON in an attempt to OBEY God.

Obedience thats what makes you God's friend.

Dating ko!
Who dating don epp sef.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by achorladey: 8:48pm On Jun 05, 2016
Jesus is a Jehovah witness. Prove to me that he is not. John 5:36 So if indeed he is a Jehovah witness why not follow his step closely just like clouds of Jehovah's witnesses do. 1 Peter 2:21.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by nigerianvenom(m): 8:52pm On Jun 05, 2016
ugolance:

They are not hypocrites rather they are the only religious organization that truly uphold the sentiments as expressed by Jesus at Matthew 6:9,10. Perhaps, if u truly believes in the bible as God's word u will greatly agree with me that God's kingdom remains the only solution to mankind problem, hence JW's non peddling in political affairs of the world because they strongly believes in the words of Jeremiah 10:23 that it does not belong to man to direct his own steps.

Don't misinterpret the Bible.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Spanner4(m): 8:54pm On Jun 05, 2016
Tallesty1:
How are they hypocrites?

They are a good example of what Christianity is about.
The go around preaching the gospel to all nations.

They assure you that hard times will come and encourage to stand strong in faith unlike today's prosperity preachers.

They teach love.

They teach you to work hard instead depending on inexplicable miracles.

You hardly hear that a member of them molest an under aged kid.

They are united.

They make out time for the poor and needy.

They are not greedy.

What else is Christianity about?

I am not a witness but I study bible with 10s of them and they treat and respect me like a family.

Unlike what's obtainable in other religious organizations that see members of other denominations as unbelievers.a.My brother, please don't compare those invitation cards that my church and your church share to the books that the Jehovah witness share.

What's in our fliers? A theme, a programme, a venue, my pastor's selfie and a testimony that is most times false.

Bro, make we leave talk. I used to accept fliers because I write quotation of goods at the back but I have stopped since they started writing testimonies there.

Why invite me to your church program when you know that I am member of another church?

I see them as revenue generators for their respective churches.

Am proud to say that am one of JW. We are used to the apathy we receive from people when will preach from door to door, remember this apathy existed in the days of the apostles. We aren't deterred by the negative response of people, we re making constant search for people who are rightly disposed for everlasting life and we preach to them. An experience I had today wen I knocked @ a door and saw an old woman, I tried to share with her Bible's wonderful promise for the elderly ones,only to witness sth that suprised me, someone I didn't even see@ d room inside just pushed the door and locked it up. I told my partners don't to be discouraged, we will keep on in the work of d lord and remember Jesus said that this goodnews about the kingdom must be preached in all the inhabited earth, for a witness to all the nations and then the end will come(matt. 24:14)

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by nigerianvenom(m): 8:57pm On Jun 05, 2016
taryur:

God will so bless you. you have really taken a keen look at them. I cant start saying all I all observe about them here. I just say NO whenever they knock my door. such hypocrites, gosh!

I have them as friends, lived with them and even during secondary school, as a boarding student, I use to attend their studies.
My uncle has more awake and watchtower including their hymns tape than even a devout jw member.
My ex gf was a jw, so no one will tell me what I don't know about them.
They are hypocrites

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by achorladey: 8:57pm On Jun 05, 2016
I was wondering if money was what Jehovah used to redeem us from sin and death will you worship the money or the provider of the money or who will your appreciation goes to the money or the provider.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Spanner4(m): 8:59pm On Jun 05, 2016
reminiscing:

SERIOUS HYPOCRITES.Until they stop condemning other people and their faith,I l will start thinking of giving them one tenth of my time.

I understand ur type but we don't condemn other people or their faith, we only reason with ppl from the scriptures. No matter ur perception, we keep preaching everywhere

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 05, 2016
kogistar:
but they doesn't believe that Jesus is son of God, they doesn't believe that Jesus is coming back.
Jehovah's Witnesses believe Jesus is the Son of God. Try and ask them when next they preach to you.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Spanner4(m): 9:10pm On Jun 05, 2016
Silvofitz:
I see it as opportunity to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ the Son of God to them.
I dominate the discussion. And most times, they run away, and they never come again.
On a few cases, they went away remorsefully on realizing they were wrong.

I don't agree with u, we can't and will neva run away from d bible message, wen will try to discuss with u and discover that u are a shallow reasoner, we simply take our leave

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by wildikeman(m): 9:20pm On Jun 05, 2016
I tell them that I'm Catholic and I don't listen to jw

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by wildikeman(m): 9:24pm On Jun 05, 2016
They are a living example of a confused sect. Just like any segregationist society. They preach love? Indeed. They preach nothing but foolishness.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by goodnewscliff(m): 9:26pm On Jun 05, 2016
Horlufemi:

He doesn't need to he is.

Let me expanciate.

John 1:1

In the beginning was the word and the word as with God (a supreme being) and he word was God (a supreme being). Jesus has all the characteristics of God.

Jesus is equal with God i e. Same essence of God.

For your information there is a Godkind consisting of God and Jesus. Just as there exists mankind. The holy spirit is he manifestation of their power.

I rest ma case.
lolz...y is jesus reffered to as the son of man...jesus was created by God dats y he is called THE FIRST BORN OF ALL CREATION....go and read prov 8:20 to 27 funny people

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 05, 2016
Sarang:

But abeg tell me,
Who birthday celebration don epp?

A dying soul?
And that is the reason God called Abraham his friend,he was going to KILL his ONLY SON in an attempt to OBEY God.

Obedience thats what makes you God's friend.

Dating ko!
Who dating don epp sef.

Show me a chapters and verses in the bible that support all these silly beliefs Jehovah witnesses have? God telling Abraham to trust him and carry out a deed isn't the same with looking on as someone dies when you can help. Show me a part of the bible that God said we shouldn't donate blood to save a life! Abraham and Isaac has nothing to do with purposely watching a human being die when you can save them so don't even bring that into this topic. You Jehovah witnesses just twist the scriptures to suit your evil doctrines and that's why you don't intermarry with other Christians from another denomination. undecided
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Olamilekan08(m): 9:32pm On Jun 05, 2016
Mettlefriday:
They don't preach about repentance and the kingdom of God, therefore when they come I tell them that we re all Christians, beside am busy hustling for my Naira. Nobody will tell them go away!
Haba! Kai!
Na who tell you dis tin wey u talk so?
Abeg take some few minutes to ask them next time you see them what their believes are especially with God's Kingdom and you'll be glad you did.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by goodnewscliff(m): 9:32pm On Jun 05, 2016
Achorise:
Good points you raised, but those magazines are the secret of their growth, cos @ they end up establishing a relationship with you and @ the end you become a member. So it's almost same with church flier

Have you ever asked your self what's a child of 6,7,8 preaching about or knows about what's he or she I preaching about?
The preaching is mostly preached out of parental compulsion not out of love for God and Jesus,

Also in JW,you report all the hours you spent preaching to their headquarters, so people go preaching becos they want to meet up wtih a particular target of hrs not becos they love it, meaning it's not based on love but out of obligation.That is why some of them ,when they get to a certain age of maturity they begin to dodge it the preaching.though not all.

But evangelism in churches is mostly done by people who love JESUS and are committed.
I used to preach in JW like that.that is why most of them though in sin still have the boldness to go and preach, but most people in churches who lives in sin dodge evangelism.

Based on experience.
jws are imperfect people and can sin...never 4get that...good people in d bible sin and repented..jws are not perfect...and bsides in d bible after preachin jesus disciples reported what happened...the reason 4 hours reporting is bible based....they do it becos of love..no 1 is ever forced....young children are accompained by matured one...TIMOTHY IN THE BIBLE LEARNT FROM INFANCY#...Everything they do is bible based

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 05, 2016
wildikeman:
They are a living example of a confused sect. Just like any segregationist society. They preach love? Indeed. They preach nothing but foolishness.
You are 100% right. I see them as members of a secret society not Christians! undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by goodnewscliff(m): 9:36pm On Jun 05, 2016
Trina0936:
Show me a chapters and verses in the bible that support all these silly beliefs Jehovah witnesses have? God telling Abraham to trust him and carry out a deed isn't the same with looking on as someone dies when you can help. Show me a part of the bible that God said we shouldn't donate blood to save a life! Abraham and Isaac has nothing to do with purposely watching a human being die when you can save them so don't even bring that into this topic. You Jehovah witnesses just twist the scriptures to suit your evil doctrines and that's why you don't intermarry with other Christians from another denomination. undecided
if a jwitness tells u something and does not show u 4rm the bible...know he is not a jehovahs witness....witnesses reason wit u 4rm UR OWN BIBLE

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 05, 2016
Mollerboom:

arthur1000:
i always ask dem to drop dat dia book once dey turn dia back dustbin straight lols:

My friend-arthur1000, by dumping our publications in your trash boxes, you are equally preaching the goodnews ignorantly. One day a wise person who hunger for the truth will be exposed to the TRUTH dumped in the trashed boxes by a fool who claimed to be wise.

[psalm 118:22] The stone that the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone

[Matthew 21:42-44]
42 Jesus said to them: “Did you never read in the Scriptures, ‘The stone that the builders rejected, this has become the chief cornerstone. This has come from Jehovah, and it is marvelous in our eyes’?
43 This is why I say to you, the Kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a nation producing its fruits.
44 Also, the person falling on this stone will be shattered. As for anyone on whom it falls, it will crush him.”
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by goodnewscliff(m): 9:40pm On Jun 05, 2016
Trina0936:

You are 100% right. I see them as members of a secret society not Christians! undecided
hehehe...do they carry arms to ur house b4? Do they join politics? Av u seen 1 fighting b4?..how are they a secret society...u re 1000and 1 percent wrong my friend..if u dnt like them, dnt spread lies abt them

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by goodnewscliff(m): 9:45pm On Jun 05, 2016
nigerianvenom:

I have them as friends, lived with them and even during secondary school, as a boarding student, I use to attend their studies.
My uncle has more awake and watchtower including their hymns tape than even a devout jw member.
My ex gf was a jw, so no one will tell me what I don't know about them.
They are hypocrites
ur ex wasnt a jwitness...go check on her recently...she aint a witness...a bonafide witness wouldnt date u

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by paulGrundy(m): 9:46pm On Jun 05, 2016
Sarang:

Ever heard of JW.ORG?

We preach in more than 400 lands as of now..

does jw.org conduct bible studies?
no.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Olamilekan08(m): 9:51pm On Jun 05, 2016
Ijaya123:

Is there anything more powerful than prayer?

Or why did the bible says we should pray without ceasing?

Just asking.

And with that Jesus still never sent his disciples to go on praying for people from one places to another, he rather ask them to preach and teach.

You might want to show me where Jesus or his disciples went out praying for people or pray before teaching.

Jehovah's witnesses preach according to how Jesus instructed his disciples as found in Matt. 10 vs 11-13, Matt. 11vs1, Matt 28vs19 etc.

And if you insist that the praying before preaching is more important you are probably saying Jesus didn't know what he was doing.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Horlufemi(m): 9:51pm On Jun 05, 2016
goodnewscliff:
lolz...y is jesus reffered to as the son of man...jesus was created by God dats y he is called THE FIRST BORN OF ALL CREATION....go and read prov 8:20 to 27 funny people

The phrase first born oh all creation doesn't mean Jesus was part of the created. It simply means first fruit of the dead. Jesus said something about the glory him and the father shared before the world began (before creation).

In Jn 1:1 Jesus is called God, the Word, the Logos. The Jehovah’s Witnesses have rewritten a whole bible translation just to change the passage from its very obvious climax of Jesus the Logos being God to merely Jesus as a god, with a little g. Note to everyone, this is the only translation that says this… and its neither correct nor popular (probably because its not correct).

Thomas calls Jesus “Lord and God” in Jn 20:28, in the Greek its κύριός (Lord) μου (my) καὶ (and) ὁ θεός (God) μου (my) or basically “my Lord and my God.” Some people try to make ridiculous explanations to avoid it, such as Thomas was either wrong or he spoke of two separate entities, Jesus as an earthly Lord, and God as the heavenly father that was up in the sky. Some even say Thomas spoke to Jesus as a man but in him saw God, though Jesus was not divine. Basically some people will say Thomas was speaking to two entities and thereby people gladly avoid the obvious, that Thomas said to HIM, not to THEM, Jesus is “my Lord and my God.” Col. 2:9 is very clear, the fullness of deity or God-hood/God-ness dwells in Jesus. While we have Gods spirit living in us, we cannot say the fullness of deity dwells in us. God lives in us, but his divine nature is not a part of us; Jesus on the other hand had the fullness of Gods divine nature in his body. Also see Heb 1:3.

Paul calls Jesus “God and Savior” in Titus 2:13. According to Granville Sharps Rule #1 (a rule used in interpreting Greek texts) “When the copulative kai (“and”) connects two personal nouns (“God,” “Savior”) which are singular and not proper nouns (such as names) both nouns refer to the first-named person.” Basically just in case some “brilliant guy” tries to pull a stunt and say that this refers to two separate entities, the Greek grammar does not work that way. These two nouns (God/Savior) can only refer to one entity, Jesus. You can read more in depth here.

In Heb 1:8 we see the Son of God and God used as synonyms. God the Father calls the Son, God. In Acts 20:28 we are told that the blood of Jesus was “Gods own blood.” At the end of the day we can squirm and cringe all we want but Christ is God over all, the true God, this the scriptures are clear on (Rom 9:5; 1 John 5:20).

The bible is clear and explicit in saying that Jesus created everything. And all things that were or are or will be came into being through him (and for Him). It is simply childish and intellectually immature to then turn around and say this same Jesus who made everything is himself not God but a mere man or angel. Neither men nor angels can create, they can only transform by taking preexisting atoms and reformulating them into another structure. Creation physical material ‘ex nihilo’ (out of nothing) is an attribute that only God the Creator has (Isa 40:28)

Read the Bible per topic you will understand.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by SC31(f): 9:55pm On Jun 05, 2016
goodnewscliff:
ur ex wasnt a jwitness...go check on her recently...she aint a witness...a bonafide witness wouldnt date u
and why is that?
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 05, 2016
goodnewscliff:
hehehe...do they carry arms to ur house b4? Do they join politics? Av u seen 1 fighting b4?..how are they a secret society...u re 1000and 1 percent wrong my friend..if u dnt like them, dnt spread lies abt them
I said secret society not armed robbers! Abeg try understand English or better still use a dictionary. undecided
I am not lying Mr Man. Stop being pained! You are all hypocrites!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by paulGrundy(m): 10:03pm On Jun 05, 2016
Nnaabros:
Its simple. Because we base our worship, teachings and beliefs on the BIBLE, the only inspired word of God, and strive to adhere to its teachings

what you are typing is laughable grin
virtually ALL groups claim scriptures as basis for their contradictory teachings. a Catholic that uses the rosary to recite hail Mary, uses luke 1:26-45 as basis for their tradition, are witnesses any different from them?

a JW is quick to point out catholic use of images in prayer as unscriptural, but he cannot show where the word- kingdom Hall- is used to describe the place of worship of christains in the Bible.

Not all other religions adhere to them. Actually, no other religion adhere to them.
And quantity of members is not a yardstick for measuring the right religion. Jesus stated: “Narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it. . . . Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.”—Matt. 7:13, 14, 21

you claim that not all religion will make heaven, but you failed to show me why your religion is superior.
let me show you the bibles yardstick for a true religion.

james 1:27
New International Version
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

The modern-day history of Jehovah’s Witnesses began with the forming of a group for Bible study in Allegheny, Pennsylvania, U.S.A., in the early 1870’s. At first they were known only as Bible Students, but in 1931 they adopted the Scriptural name Jehovah’s Witnesses. (Isa. 43:10-12) Our beliefs and practices are not new but are a restoration of first-century Christianity
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jun 05, 2016
goodnewscliff:
if a jwitness tells u something and does not show u 4rm the bible...know he is not a jehovahs witness....witnesses reason wit u 4rm UR OWN BIBLE
Twisting scriptures you mean. Reason ko,reason ni! Mtcheeeeew undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (36) (Reply)

"Man Dies In Coffin After Abuja Pastor Paid Him N500k For Miracle Scam" / Our Daily Manna / COZA Had First Physical Church Service In Abuja After Ease Of Lockdown (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.