Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (80473 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / Female Jehovah's Witness Knocks At Man's House, He Opens The Door While Naked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Mollerboom: 3:13pm On Jun 05, 2016
Nnaabros:
Ever asked yourself why they make so much effort to preach to people, despite all the negative responses they get? How many other 'Christian' group take the preaching work as seriously as they do? The amount of effort you put into a work depends on how serious and important you consider that work Why not sit down and talk with them, or try and read one of OUR books and check with your Bible if any claims in them are true.

And please don't laugh too much, because that was how many of the Jews laughed at Jesus when he came preaching to them, not knowing they were simply being ignorant

arthur1000:
i always ask dem to drop dat dia book once dey turn dia back dustbin straight lols:

My friend-arthur1000, by dumping our publications in your trash boxes, you are equally preaching the goodnews ignorantly. One day a wise person who hunger for the truth will be exposed to the TRUTH dumped in the trashed boxes by a fool who claimed to be wise.

7 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 05, 2016
Ijaya123:

The prayer first. Then the message.

Even Jesus did.

[b]

JESUS DID? Please where is it recorded?

Also, I'll like you to ponder on this strong warning from God (Jehovah) Himself:

[Proverbs 28:9]
"The one refusing to listen to the law—Even his prayer is detestable" (another word for detestable is ABOMINABLE)

Please, let me use this opportunity to clarify some wrong notions a lot of us have about Jehovah's Witnesses; there's a line between "PREACHING" and "TEACHING"... When we come to your doorstep for the first time, we're bringing:
(1) an introductory message about our one and only creator, Jehovah God. [Psalm 83:18]...

(2) His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, who's our only means of salvation [John 14:6]...

(3) Their love and purpose for all humans' salvation (1 Timothy 2:3,4 - "This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth)...

After a brief discussion with your, we offer a free home bible study... if you indicate interest, then we will pray with you so that we do not disobey God's commandment recorded in Proverbs 28:9... Remember we are doing our utmost best, as imperfect humans to strictly follow all instructions in the bible, which include [Matthew 27:19,20] Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.

[/b]

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 05, 2016
Before I get sense, yes sad I even tried to listen, plus I had one as a fellow corps member during nysc angry but now wey I don get sense, so no frigging wayyyyyyyy

Annoying of all and that which I deemed my last encounter with these guys was a couple months back: I was preparing to go out, even running late and I rushed into the bathroom to bathe, dress up and hurry to keep my appointment. Infact already started when I heard this so loud bang on the glass door, I wanted to ignore n hurry out but the bang grew louder, soooo annoying I begin wonder who I dey ff share house. I angrily rinsed my face and ran out to check: only for me to see this man almost peeping into the apartment and the lady behind him too. I asked yes, what do u want and immediately ; we are jws here to share.... I just vex, ddnt even wait for him to finish b4 I yelled: I was trying to bathe, funny I even rushed out with my towel to peep n discharge whoever it was that had come to supposedly cut short my time and the man still had the effrontery to say "sorry but we just need 5mins of ur time to share the word" chei, ishin gbaka, whatttt 5mins of my time to share the word with me when I'm not even dressed. I just told them, sorry I don't have 5mins and went back in.

Since then? Ano wan take eyes see dem again, what kinda rubbish is that. Was even thinking after seeing my state they'd even decide to leave but no, mbok they had to ask for 5mins...

Smh!!! I still get upset whenever I remember that rude intrusion..... angry angry

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by vinceton: 3:17pm On Jun 05, 2016
RoyalBlak007:
I don't open my door to any of them...not only JW....any body com preaching to me....i ignore.

[Jw dont solicit for ur money

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Hugo7(m): 3:17pm On Jun 05, 2016
nzemila:

my mum!!!!! so people can be funny. at this age (good and bad)
AT what Age??...do you know me?....I still stay with my parent,when am Back home and mind you it is their huz not mine.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Yagazee: 3:19pm On Jun 05, 2016
phensbassey:

we jw numbers only 8million in the world, we're not perfect, we make mistake like humans, buh I have never ever..ever seen people so selfless and caring..like jw, some people here are saying dey dey don't open doors this...and that..they keep rejecting the truth.. jw helped me change my life for good...if not for them I'd probably be or in jail or worse...we don't preach because of any benefits to ourselves... is to help others who are lost, confused and afraid just like Jesus and his deciples did..we are like mtn everywhere you go...
Lol! Well youths of other churches no get time to dey waka dey knock from door to door. I hail una. U guys should keep it up.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by haqueurate(m): 3:19pm On Jun 05, 2016
They are actually the only people who preach directly from the bible, not the get quick miracle sermons everyone else is selling
they will always answer every question from the bible, and they keep coming back....like forever grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by lepasharon(f): 3:23pm On Jun 05, 2016
dazzle101:
Before I get sense, yes sad I even tried to listen, plus I had one as a fellow corps member during nysc angry but now wey I don get sense, so no frigging wayyyyyyyy

Annoying of all and that which I deemed my last encounter with these guys was a couple months back: I was preparing to go out, even running late and I rushed into the bathroom to bathe, dress up and hurry to keep my appointment. Infact already started when I heard this so loud bang on the glass door, I wanted to ignore n hurry out but the bang grew louder, soooo annoying I begin wonder who I dey ff share house. I angrily rinsed my face and ran out to check: only for me to see this man almost peeping into the apartment and the lady behind him too. I asked yes, what do u want and immediately ; we are jws here to share.... I just vex, ddnt even wait for him to finish b4 I yelled: I was trying to bathe, funny I even rushed out with my towel to peep n discharge whoever it was that had come to supposedly cut short my time and the man still had the effrontery to say "sorry but we just need 5mins of ur time to share the word" chei, ishin gbaka, whatttt 5mins of my time to share the word with me when I'm not even dressed. I just told them, sorry I don't have 5mins and went back in.

Since then? Ano wan take eyes see dem again, what kinda rubbish is that. Was even thinking after seeing my state they'd even decide to leave but no, mbok they had to ask for 5mins...

Smh!!! I still get upset whenever I remember that rude intrusion..... angry angry

Lol they can be annoying
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 05, 2016
Lepasharon, dazzle101, uscofield , dollyjoy, mcBrooklyn, reminiscing, MrTruth4real,
Deeaka, doveda, arthur1000, ladja2013, omotayor123
Originalsly, worldman, and all the others

SOME REPORTS ABOUT THE WITNESSES ACROSS THE WORLD. WHY NOT INVESTIGATE MORE ABOUT THEM.

What is it these people have seen that you have not seen yet because you've been preventing yourself from seeing it?

[b]In Hungary, a writer in Ring magazine of November 4, 1992, said of Jehovah’s Witnesses: “They would choose to die rather than kill someone. Consequently, I am sure if only Jehovah’s Witnesses lived on the earth then wars would not break out anywhere.”

No wonder an editorial in California’s Sacramento Union noted: “Suffice it to say that if all the world lived by the creed of the Jehovah Witnesses there would be an end of bloodshed and hatred, and love would reign as king”!

Similarly, a writer in Hungary’s Ring magazine remarked: “I have come to the conclusion that if Jehovah’s Witnesses were the only ones living on the earth, wars would cease to exist, and the only duties of the policemen would be to control traffic and to issue passports.”
In the Italian church magazine Andare alle genti, a Roman Catholic nun also wrote admiringly of the Witnesses: “They refuse any form of violence and without rebelling put up with the many trials inflicted on them because of their beliefs . . . How different the world would be if we all woke up one morning firmly decided not to take up arms again, whatever the cost or the reason, just like Jehovah’s Witnesses!”

A columnist for the Journal de Montréal in Canada wrote: “I am not a Witness. But I am a witness to the fact that the Witnesses witness to efficiency and proper behaviour. . . . If they were the only people in the world, we would not at night have to bolt our doors shut and put on the burglar alarm.”

A letter printed in The Moscow Times said: “[Jehovah’s Witnesses are] well known as very nice, kind, and meek people who are very easy to deal with, never put any pressure on other people and always seek peace in their relationship with others . . . There are no bribe-takers, drunkards or drug addicts among them, and the reason is very simple: They just try to be guided by their Bible-based convictions in everything they do or say. If all the people in the world at least tried to live according to the Bible the way Jehovah’s Witnesses do, our cruel world would be absolutely different.”

Late in 1959, when preparations were being made for the independence of Nigeria, the governor-general, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, requested that W. R. Brown be present as a representative of Jehovah’s Witnesses. He said to his Council of Ministers: “If all the religious denominations were like Jehovah’s witnesses, we would have no murders, burglaries, delinquencies, prisoners and atomic bombs. Doors would not be locked day in and day out.”[/b]

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 05, 2016
lepasharon:

Lol they can be annoying

I tells you...
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by unitysheart(m): 3:31pm On Jun 05, 2016
dollyjoy:
Not the ones i know,the ones i know misquote the bible.

Sorry, maybe you are the one that very been thought the wrong meanings of Bible verses. I am a Jehovah's witness but I don't misquote the Bible.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 05, 2016
lepasharon:

Lol they can be annoying

grin
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Cannonleo(m): 3:32pm On Jun 05, 2016
I respect them immensely even though they have their flaws. Their efforts at preaching the gospel is one thing we have all shyed away from. However on treating vu like a family I have my reservation abt that after two major incidents. That said I no dey use awake play at all

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by annnikky(f): 3:34pm On Jun 05, 2016
talktonase:
Wrong insinuations you have there...i said "healthy religious conversations".Having her number so that we can strengthen each other spiritually.
Really? I dnt trust u @all, healthy religious conversation ke or d other way round.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 05, 2016
Nnaabros:
Lepasharon, dazzle101, uscofield , dollyjoy
SOME REPORTS ABOUT THE WITNESSES ACROSS THE WORLD. WHY INVESTIGATE MORE ABOUT THEM.

What is it the people have seen that you have not seen yet because you've been preventing yourself from seeing it?

[b]In Hungary, a writer in Ring magazine of November 4, 1992, said of Jehovah’s Witnesses: “They would choose to die rather than kill someone. Consequently, I am sure if only Jehovah’s Witnesses lived on the earth then wars would not break out anywhere.”

No wonder an editorial in California’s Sacramento Union noted: “Suffice it to say that if all the world lived by the creed of the Jehovah Witnesses there would be an end of bloodshed and hatred, and love would reign as king”!

Similarly, a writer in Hungary’s Ring magazine remarked: “I have come to the conclusion that if Jehovah’s Witnesses were the only ones living on the earth, wars would cease to exist, and the only duties of the policemen would be to control traffic and to issue passports.”
In the Italian church magazine Andare alle genti, a Roman Catholic nun also wrote admiringly of the Witnesses: “They refuse any form of violence and without rebelling put up with the many trials inflicted on them because of their beliefs . . . How different the world would be if we all woke up one morning firmly decided not to take up arms again, whatever the cost or the reason, just like Jehovah’s Witnesses!”

A columnist for the Journal de Montréal in Canada wrote: “I am not a Witness. But I am a witness to the fact that the Witnesses witness to efficiency and proper behaviour. . . . If they were the only people in the world, we would not at night have to bolt our doors shut an

I hear ya!
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by paulGrundy(m): 3:36pm On Jun 05, 2016
haqueurate:
They are actually the only people who preach directly from the bible, not the get quick miracle sermons everyone else is selling
they will always answer every question from the bible, and they keep coming back....like forever grin

And other christain denominations where do they preach from? Quran?
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Niceiroko: 3:48pm On Jun 05, 2016
The bible is mis interpreted by them
dollyjoy:
Not the ones i know,the ones i know misquote the bible.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by paulGrundy(m): 3:50pm On Jun 05, 2016
Nnaabros:
Lepasharon, dazzle101, uscofield , dollyjoy
SOME REPORTS ABOUT THE WITNESSES ACROSS THE WORLD. WHY INVESTIGATE MORE ABOUT THEM.

What is it the people have seen that you have not seen yet because you've been preventing yourself from seeing it?

A columnist for the Journal de Montréal in Canada wrote: “I am not a Witness. But I am a witness to the fact that the Witnesses witness to efficiency and proper behaviour. . . . If they were the only people in the world, we would not at night have to bolt our doors shut and put on the burglar alarm.”

A letter printed in The Moscow Times said: “[Jehovah’s Witnesses are] well known as very nice, kind, and meek people who are very easy to deal with, never put any pressure on other people and always seek peace in their relationship with others . . . There are no bribe-takers, drunkards or drug addicts among them, and the reason is very simple: They just try to be guided by their Bible-based convictions in everything they do or say. If all the people in the world at least tried to live according to the Bible the way Jehovah’s Witnesses do, our cruel world would be absolutely different.”

Late in 1959, when preparations were being made for the independence of Nigeria, the governor-general, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, requested that W. R. Brown be present as a representative of Jehovah’s Witnesses. He said to his Council of Ministers: “If all the religious denominations were like Jehovah’s witnesses, we would have no murders, burglaries, delinquencies, prisoners and atomic bombs. Doors would not be locked day in and day out.”[/b]

Refusing violence or war is not unique to Jehovahs witnesses, many christain groups have a much more anti-war stance than JW's.
JW's are even neutralists, not pacifists.

1.Moravians (one of the very first Protestant religions dating back to the 1500's)
2.Brethern (Dunkards) groups, including
Church of the Brethren
3.Anabaptist groups, including
Mennonites (16th century group numbering 1.5 million)
4.Hutterites
5.Schwenkfelders
6.Bruderhof Communities
7.Amish (numbering approximately 200,000)
8.Society of Friends (Quakers)
9.Doukhobors - 17th century breakaway from Russian Orthodox
10.Molokans - 17th century breakaway from Russian Orthodox

Some Pentecostal groups such as the

1.Pentecostal Charismatic Peace Fellowship
2.Seven Day Adventists
3.Community of Christ
4.Christadelphians
5.Worldwide Church of God
6.Pax Christi - A Catholic peace movement
7.Fellowship of Reconciliation - A group formed in 1914 to unite pacifists regardless of denomination. All major religious denominations have affiliated associations including

Anglican Pacifist Fellowship
Methodist Peace Fellowship
Baptist Peace Fellowship
Orthodox Peace Fellowship
Lutheran Peace Fellowship
Presbyterian Peace Fellowship
In addition to this list are other peace churches that have become extinct or almost extinct such as Shakers.

The Peace Churches have suffered greatly for their stance against war, with members being subjected to persecution, imprisonment and death. For example, Hutterites were subjects of persecution in America during World War 2 and when two Hutterites died in prison after refusing the military draft many Hutterite colonies moved to Canada.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by goddyben(m): 3:51pm On Jun 05, 2016
flamingREED:

Not so.

When I'm disposed, listen to them.

If I mind, I might turn their attention to their need of freedom from sin.

Jws don't believe in righteous living.

And they can never attain righteousness
Because they deny that Jesus blood avails for the sinner even at this moment.
big lie...Jesus is de Ransomer...he de first born of all creation

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by mmark12(m): 3:51pm On Jun 05, 2016
JEHOVAH WICKEDNESS
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by goddyben(m): 3:55pm On Jun 05, 2016
vicechancellor:
I'm currently studying with jws, and I've been blessed by some of their word impartation. but I still doubt their own gospel. imagine,they say; Jesus is a god i.e arch Angel Michael. all other religions will be annihilated apart from jws. a class of people are meant to go to heaven. another group will stay on earth. they are the only true Christians. etc. I love them all, plenty of my friends are witnesses. even though Christians have different opinions and views about the bible it doesn't mean we are apostates as they call us. peace.
but dis tinz are in de biblie u knw y I like dem dia reference is always the bible

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by paulGrundy(m): 3:57pm On Jun 05, 2016
Yagazee:

Lol! Well youths of other churches no get time to dey waka dey knock from door to door. I hail una. U guys should keep it up.

Its not about who knocks on doors, its about the most effective means of evangelism. It will take you 80 years to preach to about 200,000 people preaching door to door, meanwhile you can reach over 100, 000 000 people in just 30 minutes using mass-media. The two methods were used by the apostles.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Mettlefriday(m): 3:58pm On Jun 05, 2016
They don't preach about repentance and the kingdom of God, therefore when they come I tell them that we re all Christians, beside am busy hustling for my Naira. Nobody will tell them go away!
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by kogistar: 4:03pm On Jun 05, 2016
JOESAJIB:

Jehovah's witnesses obey Jesus' command to preach found in Matthew 28:19,20.
Frankly speaking, no other Religious group do that.
Thumbs up for the JWs!
but they doesn't believe that Jesus is son of God, they doesn't believe that Jesus is coming back.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by talktonase(m): 4:11pm On Jun 05, 2016
annnikky:

Really? I dnt trust u @all, healthy religious conversation ke or d other way round.
See what your naughty mind is causing you abi...The truth can be soo underrated these days
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by susuces4all(m): 4:13pm On Jun 05, 2016
Go & preach the gospel to all nation but their msg is not for repentance. We re to preach good news to the people that is msg of repentance nothing more
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by phensbassey: 4:16pm On Jun 05, 2016
Yagazee:

as a Christian it's an obligation to share the good news to others...
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Ijaya123: 4:21pm On Jun 05, 2016
nzemila:

so according to the bible we must pray before preaching?

is never an excuse dear.

Is there anything more powerful than prayer?

Or why did the bible says we should pray without ceasing?

Just asking.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Ijaya123: 4:26pm On Jun 05, 2016
Ostan:

[b]

JESUS DID? Please where is it recorded?

Also, I'll like you to ponder on this strong warning from God (Jehovah) Himself:

[Proverbs 28:9]
"The one refusing to listen to the law—Even his prayer is detestable" (another word for detestable is ABOMINABLE)

Please, let me use this opportunity to clarify some wrong notions a lot of us have about Jehovah's Witnesses; there's a line between "PREACHING" and "TEACHING"... When we come to your doorstep for the first time, we're bringing:
(1) an introductory message about our one and only creator, Jehovah God. [Psalm 83:18]...

(2) His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, who's our only means of salvation [John 14:6]...

(3) Their love and purpose for all humans' salvation (1 Timothy 2:3,4 - "This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth)...

After a brief discussion with your, we offer a free home bible study... if you indicate interest, then we will pray with you so that we do not disobey God's commandment recorded in Proverbs 28:9... Remember we are doing our utmost best, as imperfect humans to strictly follow all instructions in the bible, which include [Matthew 27:19,20] Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.

[/b]

The last part of your quote says it all.

"...baptising them in the name of the father, the son and the Holy Ghost ..."

That's the prayer part.

"...teaching them to observe all the things I have..."

Then the teaching follows.

Hope you now get my drift.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by oluwaBXY(m): 4:30pm On Jun 05, 2016
if na fyn $ingle bae(s) na 2 smile invite her (them) in ... if na old folks or dude... na 2 smile then lock my door from the inside... when dem stand tire, dem go waka comot for my front door to dem worship hall...
...juz hope they won't start using the below technique for moi.... coz dem no say I no dey open door #KooJooMehn

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Analorgue(m): 4:32pm On Jun 05, 2016
to be candid, when I become a Christian or better still, IF I become a Christian, I would most likely be a witness... I turn down their advances most times but I enjoy reading their awake magazine.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by charlsecy(m): 4:33pm On Jun 05, 2016
Handsomecole:
The problem with JW's is that they want to impart their own understanding of the bible without listening to yours. They believe theirs is the best. They expect you to hear their own and attend even their programs. Yet they wil never attend your own church program if you invite them.
vicechancellor:
...all other religions will be annihilated apart from jws. a class of people are meant to go to heaven. another group will stay on earth. they are the only true Christians. etc.
Most sects believe theirs is the way and the truth, so this Supremacy Complex is not restricted to only the Witnesses.

Yes, the Bible mentions New Heaven and New Earth in Revelation chapters 14, 21 and 22. That is where the idea that some ministers will go to Heaven while other believers will share God's Glory in the New Earth. What they call the New Earth maybe what you call Heaven. All these things bother down to interpretation and perspectives. In the end, we shall find out.

flamingREED:
They're so endangered as a devout Muslim with a Quran. Who denies that Jesus died and so cuts himself off from the only cleansing flood?
Deeaka:
Are they really Christians? Do they believe that Jesus Christ is lord ?
Yes, they believe Jesus is Lord.

flamingREED:
Because they deny that Jesus blood avails for the sinner even at this moment.
talktonase:
Christians that dont believe in christ.
Definitely, you are not talking about Witnesses. Your ignorance of the Witness faith is appalling. You are completely wrong on your views about them. Ask Witnesses around you.

nigerianvenom:
...they don't want u to preach to them because they believe the know it all. They are hypocrite because they say Satan rules the world, yet the apply for jobs to work for same Satan.
I agree with you on the part that says they only want to preach to you, but wouldn't welcome being preached to. However, on the part of Satan being the ruler of the earth, that agrees with the words of Jesus (John 12:31, John 17:14-1) and Paul (2 Corinthians 4:4, Ephesians 2:2).

dollyjoy:
They are hypocrites.
Who is not a hypocrite?

paulGrundy:

Its not about who knocks on doors, its about the most effective means of evangelism. It will take you 80 years to preach to about 200,000 people preaching door to door, meanwhile you can reach over 100, 000 000 people in just 30 minutes using mass-media. The two methods were used by the apostles.
They have other means of evangelism - Internet and printed books. You also fail to understand there are other millions of Witnesses doing door-to-door preaching. And I believe one-on-one interaction will produce the most desirable results even though in yours words, "It will take you 80 years to preach to about 200,000 people preaching door to door."

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

Our Daily Manna / COZA Had First Physical Church Service In Abuja After Ease Of Lockdown (Photos) / Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.