Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,786 members, 7,956,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:03 PM

8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad (58047 Views)

Edo Indigenes Who Were Killed In Accident On Return From Spain, Identified. PICS / Photos Of 8 Edo Indigenes Who Died In Fatal Accident On Return From Spain / "My Sister From Abroad Survives Fatal Accident On Way To Benin" (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Mitchellucky: 12:24am On Jun 08, 2016
You're 100 % percent Right this the simple truth it's happened to me before. Who British/American accent epp. sad

While you've got some of your points aptly articulated some aren't exactly true. The thing is people always reads meaning to whatever thing an abroad returnee does or say. Everything you do and say is misconstrue by many as a display of flatulence and gasconade.

About the issue of restaurant, the food maybe delicious and yummy but the environment was untidy or the seller wasn't neat or the dishes on which the food were served. Some people take into cognisance the overall hygiene and neatness of an eatery before patronising one. When a bourgeoise of Nigeria refuses to patronise such eateries we find it normal but once it's someone resident abroad we perceive it as pomposity. It's not always so.

On the accent thing, I think Nigerians who have never been to the West are the ones who brandishes accent about more than abroad returnees. On personal observation, most ladies I interact with or accost at a public place all want to sound British/American in a bid to appear túsh. For their friends they are being impressive but for someone who can differentiate British accent from the fake ones they appear silly. True some from abroad also wants everyone who cares to know that they have got some British/American accent but residents of Nigeria are more culpable in such act.

Unless you've a place where you live and personally built, hotels are the most convenient for someone coming to spend few weeks. You want your privacy and don't want to live in your family abode coz you've got your own paroles to run. Nothing wrong with that.

One very sad thing most people abroad faces is the difficulty in putting up with old friends. This is so coz most of the time all they want from you is money and if you've got non to spare you tend to avoid them. And when you distance yourself from these old friends they think you're being proud coz life is treating you fine. No, you just think it's better to maintain a distance since you both can't gist and laugh over funny stuff like before without anyone being expectant or thinking you're obliged to help them.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by ronald4lif(m): 12:44am On Jun 08, 2016
Amefrica:

Tell me about it bro. I am at work as I type this now, I have been here for the past 6 hours and I have 4 more hours to go. I leave home when it is still kinda dark and get home when it is dark sometimes, you are now asking me to set you up with shoe business from Dubai. If I was able to I would be self-employed too bruh. Dubai ko, Mumbai ni grin

They never want to understand. I bought a car and they saw it on Facebook, they started saying "Kunle is very stingy, if you see his car eh, and he just forgot all of us - can't even send money to someone" Like, car is nothing here, they are super-cheap, and it is kind of a necessity. Walking to and fro from work after missing buses in the cold is no joke. I just pray and keep praying they understand. I might have to distance myself from friends when I go home next year. They might even arrange thieves to come to where you are staying sef grin

Haha, its like we are both in similar situation as I'm presently at work too. Just finished and handing over to my next colleagues and I've to walk for like 10mins to the tube station to catch a train and then bus home. A journey that will take me about an hour but should have been less if I were driving but couldn't coz the parking charges in central city where I work is half my daily paycheck, so would better walk home than stress all day only to give 50% of my wages to the tax man. grin It's past midnight and I do this 6days a week and after I offset all my monthly bills I end up with 'pittance' as my savings isn't in concomitant with the stress. It's not easy.

You know what I've said to myself is I wish securing visas was easy I'd have volunteered to sponsor the visa application of any friend who repeatedly ask me for money, to come and let's hustle and see how easy it is to make money. But the embassies requirements aren't helping in this regard.

In Naija, cars aren't just a need but a luxury and a way to show off as opposed to it being a necessity in the West. Life without one is unimaginable and it cost nothing to buy one. The cost to ship/clear a car to Nigeria is equal or more than buying one here but once you have one they think you don hammer.

I have many friends that their incessant demands of money anytime I try to keep in touch has made me withdrawn and kinda living in seclusion. Each time I chat them up is always about one monetary demands or another. I just find it really sad that I can't relate with my old time buddies like we used to without having to experience money pleas all the time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Tinyemeka(m): 4:29am On Jun 08, 2016
My landlord has been running his businesses in London and Dublin for the past 22 years. We always speak Igbo whenever we chat on the phone.

Some people are just like that.

An acquaintance went and spent a 3 weeks vac at the same London. Came back and was speaking ajebo for me. SMH.
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by armyofone(m): 5:17am On Jun 08, 2016
Stay strong Ronald. The incessant demand can be stressful and mentally draining.

ronald4lif:

I have many friends that their incessant demands of money anytime I try to keep in touch has made me withdrawn and kinda living in seclusion. Each time I chat them up is always about one monetary demands or another. I just find it really sad that I can't relate with my old time buddies like we used to without having to experience money pleas all the time.
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by MattChidi(m): 7:04am On Jun 08, 2016
I concur
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by wristbangle: 7:20am On Jun 08, 2016
Lenny5k:

Your post is just a sad Stereotype of Nigerians Living Abroad! I pride myself to be a Nigerian that has been to many Countries abroad and see how our people Live. I live abroad and visit home as much as I can and I can tell you that the very few Incident you mentioned is not a true picture of how we Nigerians in the Diaspora are. It is just not true... I am surprised people still think like this. On many Facebook Forums people home hold their own against us abroad and many even say they are better than those abroad.. Nobody feels inferior or says any of these things as most sees themselves as equals. So ur pist is just not true

Thanks a lot. Everybody is entitled to their opinion.
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by wristbangle: 7:24am On Jun 08, 2016
ronald4lif:

Haha, its like we are both in similar situation as I'm presently at work too. Just finished and handing over to my next colleagues and I've to walk for like 10mins to the tube station to catch a train and then bus home. A journey that will take me about an hour but should have been less if I were driving but couldn't coz the parking charges in central city where I work is half my daily paycheck, so would better walk home than stress all day only to give 50% of my wages to the tax man. grin It's past midnight and I do this 6days a week and after I offset all my monthly bills I end up with 'pittance' as my savings isn't in concomitant with the stress. It's not easy.

You know what I've said to myself is I wish securing visas was easy I'd have volunteered to sponsor the visa application of any friend who repeatedly ask me for money, to come and let's hustle and see how easy it is to make money. But the embassies requirements aren't helping in this regard.

In Naija, cars aren't just a need but a luxury and a way to show off as opposed to it being a necessity in the West. Life without one is unimaginable and it cost nothing to buy one. The cost to ship/clear a car to Nigeria is equal or more than buying one here but once you have one they think you don hammer.

Honestly it's not easy paying tax, keeping yourself yet satisfies your family financial demands let alone friends. No wonder most of the abroad based Nigerians are prudent in spending.
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Youngetskilz23(m): 8:01am On Jun 08, 2016
NobleG1:

I bought a clean second-hand engine and new AC compressor & clutch fits from Germany.

A friend of mine who based there was visiting home the same period I was home, so I begged him to buy those for me and load them in his bus he was shipping home. That made it cheap for me.

The other minor parts were bought at auto market in Aba.

ok thanks .if your on facebook. you can check piper motorsport. look what they did to a benz 88 model. check it out
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 08, 2016
People sha.
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by bebe2(f): 9:59am On Jun 08, 2016
WellEndowed:

Tell me about it. I suffered same last time I visited.

@Topic

Bebe's post reminded me of the issue I have each time I visit. Many years ago before I left the country, sachet water was my favourite water drink. Now I cannot even look at it without suffering from severe Diarrhoea. Even some bottle water lands me in the loo... Eva water for example, upsets my stomach.

And eva used to be the best. I think it's becos there are more fakes than real ones.

Am just counting down, we have to get out of here before I lose my mind.

Even the Raid we bought, had no smell.

Horrible experience angry
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by tosyne2much(m): 4:01pm On Jun 08, 2016
akinz4u:
I had a friend who went to UK with was great but what pained me most is that he had dis plan of going bt couldn't even tell me him paddy see guy I dey work on sumtin only for me to go to his house to check up on him and d mom told me Dat him son don go village and e go try wey him go cum back... On my way coming back a friend of mine who is also a friend to my oda paddy come Yan me of how dem don go Yankee and dem dey hide am like say I b enemy of progress.. Immediately I hear am I jus cut off ties with the guy because if a guy wey call u paddy fit do u dis kind thing that means there's no use of us being friends... #shikena
Can you just imagine!! That's the way some dudes are
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by tosyne2much(m): 4:12pm On Jun 08, 2016
Shawls:
@wristbangle
I agree with you 100%. It is a shame that some of our people opportuned to go outside the country (probably from abject poverty) quickly forget what life used to be back in those days and when they visit after a long time away from home (not telling the hardship they went through abroad washing dishes, dead bodies, doing security guards, driving cabs, etc), they start complaining about almost everything that they used to embrace before their departure.What a life? Human beings are interesting.I can guarantee you, these set of people are not even in the middle class in the western world they are coming from.They are struggling there living pay check to pay check, yet they come to 9ja and pretend to be the Lion king.
I come to 9ja (Ibadan) about 2 times a year.My favourite eatery is "Ino straight" oke Premier Mokola, Iya Ope and I drink a lot of palm wine instead of coke.All these stuff are natural.The goat meat and fish are killed daily, not frozen.The only thing I don't compromise on are my medications.I take my 1.Antimalarials, 2.Twinrix (Hepatitis A & B)Vaccines 3.Dukoral (Cholera oral vaccine), Vivotif (Typhoid oral vaccine).
Once all these are taken care of, I pack my baggage with my local "ankara" and 9ja here I come.I'm as free as the bird in the air.I eat & drink anything & go anywhere with no worries.I speak Ibadan dialect fluently with pride.Mind you, I'm not an Ibadan indegene,but I lived there for more than 20yrs before I moved to the States.
Let the wanna bees keep deceiving themselves and we will keep enjoying our lives.I know a guy on NL who is a typical example wanna bee Ibadan man.
Nice comment bros
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by tosyne2much(m): 4:21pm On Jun 08, 2016
whitestar01:
Na so my friend wey from Italy dey wear shoe sleep, all na for show
Bwahahahaha lmao funny u cheesy
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by tosyne2much(m): 4:23pm On Jun 08, 2016
blueseacats:
I encourage anybody to act as they please, abeg,you can never please everyone. One person saw me using chewing stick and asked me if its even true I traveled abroad, cause I act like a bush man , the other asked how do I communicate with oyibo, cause all I hear you speak is broken English, it's almost like they are expecting you to intimidate them . And I think as opposed to feeling pride as a returnee, Nigerians have this inferiority completes around those who have been abroad. Which is digusting in my opinion.
This is so funny cheesy
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 08, 2016
akinz4u:
I had a friend who went to UK with was great but what pained me most is that he had dis plan of going bt couldn't even tell me him paddy see guy I dey work on sumtin only for me to go to his house to check up on him and d mom told me Dat him son don go village and e go try wey him go cum back... On my way coming back a friend of mine who is also a friend to my oda paddy come Yan me of how dem don go Yankee and dem dey hide am like say I b enemy of progress.. Immediately I hear am I jus cut off ties with the guy because if a guy wey call u paddy fit do u dis kind thing that means there's no use of us being friends... #shikena

Don't blame him. Many years ago, a friend of mine was leaving for the US after high school for Uni. Her father organized a farewell dinner and invited people. People went for the party, ate and drank and went home. Just after midnight, this friend of mine started c/o severe headache. Like Joke like joke she was dead before 1230am. About 20 minutes after she complained of headache. No one knew when the rest of her siblings left the country. The family kept it a secret.

I also know another guy who happened to be my a friend of a family friend. He was supposed to leave for the US and called his friends together on his last day in Nigeria to eat and drink with him. He never made it out of Nigeria as he died the following day.

Just a few months ago, January to be precise, I visited home. My mother's friend ran into my parents house crying...ki lo de? her son visited from Canada, prepared to return the next day and took his friends out. The guy died that same day later in the day after complaining of stomach pain.

Another guy was kidnapped and killed by his friend in Benin. I saw that one in the news.

I could go on and on and on and on.

They could have died of anything...but don't blame people for being careful. My closest friend left for Germany after high school without telling me...honestly, I understood then and wasn't upset
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 08, 2016
Shawls:
@wristbangle
I agree with you 100%. It is a shame that some of our people opportuned to go outside the country (probably from abject poverty) quickly forget what life used to be back in those days and when they visit after a long time away from home (not telling the hardship they went through abroad washing dishes, dead bodies, doing security guards, driving cabs, etc), they start complaining about almost everything that they used to embrace before their departure.What a life? Human beings are interesting.I can guarantee you, these set of people are not even in the middle class in the western world they are coming from.They are struggling there living pay check to pay check, yet they come to 9ja and pretend to be the Lion king.
I come to 9ja (Ibadan) about 2 times a year.My favourite eatery is "Ino straight" oke Premier Mokola, Iya Ope and I drink a lot of palm wine instead of coke.All these stuff are natural.The goat meat and fish are killed daily, not frozen.The only thing I don't compromise on are my medications.I take my 1.Antimalarials, 2.Twinrix (Hepatitis A & B)Vaccines 3.Dukoral (Cholera oral vaccine), Vivotif (Typhoid oral vaccine).
Once all these are taken care of, I pack my baggage with my local "ankara" and 9ja here I come.I'm as free as the bird in the air.I eat & drink anything & go anywhere with no worries.I speak Ibadan dialect fluently with pride.Mind you, I'm not an Ibadan indegene,but I lived there for more than 20yrs before I moved to the States.
Let the wanna bees keep deceiving themselves and we will keep enjoying our lives.I know a guy on NL who is a typical example wanna bee Ibadan man.

Wait, you get twinrix each time you visit Nigeria-2 times a year? who administers these vaccines? call me naïve but isn't the med given over a period of 6 months(standard)/weeks-1year(rapid) and not any time you want it because you are visiting Nigeria?
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by dammilotun(m): 6:00pm On Jun 08, 2016
fairheven:

that your "I better pass you" mentality is what the OP is hammering on.
that you have lived abroad and seen better live better life doesn't make you any way better than people down here.

are you suggesting every body should migrate out of nigeria to experience so called "Eldorado?".. since that is not possible, whatever mindset your talking about is your personal "change"
It is not an 'i better pass you' mindset. All men are equal,ok? But we don't think alike, and if we don't get along in whatever clime we find ourselves there is no point hanging together. Don't blame someone for not hanging with you is my point. Okay?
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by tosyne2much(m): 6:43pm On Jun 08, 2016
WellEndowed:

Don't blame him. Many years ago, a friend of mine was leaving for the US after high school for Uni. Her father organized a farewell dinner and invited people. People went for the party, ate and drank and went home. Just after midnight, this friend of mine started c/o severe headache. Like Joke like joke she was dead before 1230am. About 20 minutes after she complained of headache. No one knew when the rest of her siblings left the country. The family kept it a secret.

I also know another guy who happened to be my a friend of a family friend. He was supposed to leave for the US and called his friends together on his last day in Nigeria to eat and drink with him. He never made it out of Nigeria as he died the following day.

Just a few months ago, January to be precise, I visited home. My mother's friend ran into my parents house crying...ki lo de? her son visited from Canada, prepared to return the next day and took his friends out. The guy died that same day later in the day after complaining of stomach pain.

Another guy was kidnapped and killed by his friend in Benin. I saw that one in the news.

They could have died of anything...but don't blame people for being careful. My closest friend left for Germany after high school without telling me...honestly, I understood then and wasn't upset
Bro, I'm inclined to agree with you that people keep it secret when travelling out of the country because of the fear of being fired spiritual arrows

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by dinlin: 8:50am On Jun 09, 2016
I do agree that some Nigerians with most of the things OP listed but you have to understand that if we take a closer look at these people forming abroad..you will realise that most attitudes are empty illusions we call "tall poppy syndrome". Menial jobs in the cold only to act like they forgot where they are from...It's pathetic and disgusting. After 8 years of studying and working, I couldn't wait to eat point and kill at its basira joint and drink palmwine. I stated at my father's home eating my mother's home cooked meal. I prostrated when greeting elders as I did before I left. Some relatives where even shocked at my spoken Yoruba as I tried to catch up hilariously. I didn't buy a car to show off, I could if I wanted. I gave relatives cash that I could afford so that at least I could neutralize any hate towards me. Washed my father's car before he woke up just to remember how it felt again after all these years. Some people came to visit us if at all to show that they are well off and talk about what is great in their lives or someone's life......I didn't blame them as they stereotyped the abroad guy thought I was going to act a pompous "tall poppy". I visited the places that i wanted to visit before i left but couldnt such as ikogosi waterfall, oranmiyan staff, elegushi beach etc...wanted so much to buy bush meat at ikire but was warned about ebola..Unfortunately, my time in Nigeria was short I had to resume work again and visit some other countries on my way back. When I got to Auckland airport, the immigration official said "welcome back home". I smiled thinking "yeah right...Nigeria is home not here". I then remembered a Yoruba proverb " a journey can't be the same as home"
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by tosyne2much(m): 9:07am On Jun 09, 2016
dinlin:
I do agree that some Nigerians with most of the things OP listed but you have to understand that if we take a closer look at these people forming abroad..you will realise that most attitudes are empty illusions we call "tall poppy syndrome". Menial jobs in the cold only to act like they forgot where they are from...It's pathetic and disgusting. After 8 years of studying and working, I couldn't wait to eat point and kill at its basira joint and drink palmwine. I stated at my father's home eating my mother's home cooked meal. I prostrated when greeting elders as I did before I left. Some relatives where even shocked at my spoken Yoruba as I tried to catch up hilariously. I didn't buy a car to show off, I could if I wanted. I gave relatives cash that I could afford so that at least I could neutralize any hate towards me. Washed my father's car before he woke up just to remember how it felt again after all these years. Some people came to visit us if at all to show that they are well off and talk about what is great in their lives or someone's life......I didn't blame them as they stereotyped the abroad guy thought I was going to act a pompous "tall poppy". I visited the places that i wanted to visit before i left but couldnt such as ikogosi waterfall, oranmiyan staff, elegushi beach etc...wanted so much to buy bush meat at ikire but was warned about ebola..Unfortunately, my time in Nigeria was short I had to resume work again and visit some other countries on my way back. When I got to Auckland airport, the immigration official said "welcome back home". I smiled thinking "yeah right...Nigeria is home not here". I then remembered a Yoruba proverb " a journey can't be the same as home"
This is wonderful bro cool
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by fairheven: 9:53pm On Jun 09, 2016
dammilotun:

It is not an 'i better pass you' mindset. All men are equal,ok? But we don't think alike, and if we don't get along in whatever clime we find ourselves there is no point hanging together. Don't blame someone for not hanging with you is my point. Okay?

you don't need to think along, to get along.
I have my mother in the village whose mindset, ideas, school of thought and perception are totally different from mine, but I still find a common ground to relate with her. #tolerance
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by akinz4u(m): 1:25am On Jun 10, 2016
WellEndowed:

Seriously I get ur point bt 4d fact Dat my so called paddy didn't even boda to giv me a call wen he got there or chat me up on any social media platform speaks alot abt d kind of person he is. I can't even remember d last time we spoke because it clearly shows that not only 'hoes' bt niggas ain't loyal wen dey seem to taste success..
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by akinz4u(m): 1:43am On Jun 10, 2016
tosyne2much:
Can you just imagine!! That's the way some dudes are
So true.. Am so selective dis days wen it comes to making friends because Real friends are going extinct
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by toboy: 2:20pm On Jun 10, 2016
akinz4u:

Seriously I get ur point bt 4d fact Dat my so called paddy didn't even boda to giv me a call wen he got there or chat me up on any social media platform speaks alot abt d kind of person he is. I can't even remember d last time we spoke because it clearly shows that not only 'hoes' bt niggas ain't loyal wen dey seem to taste success..
Stop seeing things from one side. Have you asked after your paddy from families to even confirm if everthing is really alright. It's not always rosy abroad. Somepeople might take several years before they settle down.He might even be running around trying to settle down. It such a fast and conplex moving world here, something people back home do not understand unless they be in the same situation. Sometimes I wish I could just send some people over here to experience these things themselves. As a good friend, you should try and establish contact.As someone who care, you yourself should ask after your paddy if it's going on well. Don't be quick to judge until you hear the story.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by toboy: 2:31pm On Jun 10, 2016
WellEndowed:

Thank you so much for sharing this. People do not usually understand these things unless they be in the same situation. When I was leaving, only my Mum and just one of my elder Brother knew. I didnt tell my other siblings untill like few days before I left cuz I know they are just not naturally good at keeping secrets. They can be so quick to announce anything in the church. None of my close friends knew. I called them few minutes before boarding the plane, explaining reasons why I couldnt tell, they were just so happy for me, they wished me the best of luck, you know good hearted friends. I keep in touch with them via Facebook and WhatsApp. One or two people really got pissed off that I didn't tell them. I confirmed that day that those are the bad friends.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by akinz4u(m): 3:36pm On Jun 10, 2016
toboy:

Stop seeing things from one side. Have you asked after your paddy from families to even confirm if everthing is really alright. It's not always rosy abroad. Somepeople might take several years before they settle down.He might even be running around trying to settle down. It such a fast and conplex moving world here, something people back home do not understand unless they be in the same situation. Sometimes I wish I could just send some people over here to experience these things themselves. As a good friend, you should try and establish contact.As someone who care, you yourself should ask after your paddy if it's going on well. Don't be quick to judge until you hear the story.
He actually didn't go there as a hustler but rather to further his education with d aid of his parents, no mata hw we luk @things ur paddy na ur paddy. Friends in general are in a way closer at heart to u than ur brodas because we don't choose family bt we choose friends.. U may not really knw d feelin bt i assure u it's not a bittersweet one @all @all
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Ugosample(m): 11:14pm On Jun 10, 2016
WellEndowed:

I can relate to this.
Our people are just sad and negative people.

1 Like

Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by toboy: 11:37pm On Jun 10, 2016
akinz4u:

He actually didn't go there as a hustler but rather to further his education with d aid of his parents, no mata hw we luk @things ur paddy na ur paddy. Friends in general are in a way closer at heart to u than ur brodas because we don't choose family bt we choose friends.. U may not really knw d feelin bt i assure u it's not a bittersweet one @all @all
Eyaa! I like the way responded calmly! you seem like a good person. I won't deny the fact that I've had amazing friends in my life. Sorry about what happened. I have been before. In the past, my close friend traveled to France for masters without telling me. I got to know he was in France via whatsapp. As a free spirit I am, I was just so happy for him. I din't even get angry cuz one thing with me is that I feel this inexplicable happiness whenever good things happen to my friends. The only thing that got me angry is that he came back and did not border to buy even a pair of socks for me. Meanwhile indirectly, he has been telling me about the expensive outfits and enjoyment galour in Paris. Look what I am insinuating: First, It is either your paddy got carried away with Effizy in Oyibo land and now feels like friends back home are of no use anymore. So many things can cause this ranging from family background gbo gbo ti gbo! Some people swear that they'd no longer return home when they graduate. Second, he is having hard times with studies in school and it is weighing your paddy down. Trust me, The system can be quite rigorous. I have seen students who come from the US, France and Canada as well struggle with getting pass grades in classes. Now imaging this with somebody coming from a relatively lower standard of education. From the way you spoke, I feel like you still have concerns for your paddy. Please try and establish contact from your own side. let the old fire re-ignite. Personally, I am not like that. I call friends and family back home very often cuz I feel refreshed and renewed whenever I speak with them, of course in my mother tongue. But I am not a judgmental person, I am not eager to condemn others for not doing so cuz you don't know their story or things that might they have done or happened to them. People get affected differently by different cadre of circumstances.

1 Like

Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 11, 2016
ronald4lif:

Haha just seeing this bro. I can relate to everything you just said. Good for me, there are like 4 different big parking spaces (free). US is expensive for sure, that is why I'm in love with Canada. grin Working 6 days a week is not easy at all. I work my long extended shift for just 5 days and it feels like death when I clean my desk and stand up from chair to go home. cry Most people here in the West live paycheck to paycheck but 9ja people nor go wan hear or gree. Dem go talk say person dey stingy.

Let's say an average (minimum) monthly income is $1500 (after taxes), you pay rent, pay car insurance, phone bills, do grocery shopping, fill your gas tank, and other petty things. You will be left with only little to save sef, and still people will be thinking you are Dangote. I always wish all of them could be here too to see for themselves.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by bholahyan: 10:45am On Jun 19, 2016
So unfortunate, but its being plaguing the black nations for a while now not just Nigeria alone,
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 19, 2016
Everybody is entitled to their opinion.life is equal don't judge people until you are in there shoe that's my 1 naira advice.
Re: 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad by Favored4gud: 1:15am On Jun 22, 2016
When u get a chance to stay in the western part of the world for years and go visit back home. Let us know if your write up will still be the same.
Folks back think differently likewise those that have seen outside of home think differently.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Promise Me You Will Come Back - Nigerian Lady Cries At The Airport / Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) / "Fathala Wildlife Reserve In Senegal" Where You Can Chill With A Lion With A St

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.