Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,089 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos (57921 Views)

"Don't Ever Take No For An Answer" - Pretty Lady Says After Getting A Job.Photos / Unemployed First Class Graduate From UNIBEN Laments For Job. PIC / Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos by toneawe(m): 9:09am On Jun 07, 2016
AnalyticEngine:

That's a big lie. You haven't met graduates from imperial college, university of manchester, cranfield university, university of surrey, MIT, etc that is why you are talking foolishly. Mind you, I graduated from a Nigerian university and have interacted with guys from overseas. Nigerian University Graduates are very good (the serious ones) but If you interact with the students from the aforenamed schools, you will feel the potential difference.
Nigeria graduates from here are beta than if all tins been equal. The only advantage they have abroad is the availability of teaching materials. I can bet u that I'll beat a foreign graduate hands down here. I graduated from DELSU with a 2¹. But I design inverters and other electronics devices. I build them myself and mind u I didnt learn the practical in DELSU. I learnt the theory in school and went outside to learn the practical.i studied physics with electronics tech. Respect the serious Nigeria graduates man.
Re: Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 07, 2016
jaybee:

By far the best solution and also sustainable.

You acquire knowledge to solve problems, not to look for work. Graduating with first class means you have the mental, emotional, intellectual and imaginative capacity to solve real-life problems, of which there are more than enough in Nigeria. Identify the ones that will fetch you money and start right away.

This should be difficult for those that struggle to graduate, but fairly straight forward for those that aspired to graduate top of the class.

While you made some valid points which I agree, I think you are not taking other factors into consideration. As beautiful as the potentials of one's imaginations could be, if there is no capital to execute it, it sometimes become useless. Even Dangote got capital from influential people during the early stages of his enterprise. Not everybody is this fortunate. Secondly, even if you make a proposal for loan and other incentive schemes, the acute nepotism and other elements of instability ravaging the nigerian economic environment will still play a militating role. Thirdly, for one to be a successful entrepreneur, he should atleast have gained some experience on how to run something close to what he/she intends to embark on. Where will such a person get the experience? I am a proud engineer and I can confidently tell u that most if not all the appliances, equipment, automobiles we import can be produced locally in Nigeria. What is there in electric fans, pressing iron, process vessels etc.? But then the failed government neglected the steel and other related industries whose products and bye-products are needed to manufacture these equipment. The developed countries we keep running to are successful in engineering because the government pumps money to implement research. In the refining sector for instance, a huge chunk of the equipment are just metals whose components have been designed based on the outcome of relevant calculations to provide the necessary functions. These things can be designed by Nigerians. I know this because I can if the materials are available.

What I am saying is the government still has a huge role to play if Nigerians are to become self employed. People look for jobs because they are forced to and not because they don't want to be self employed. I studied engineering but had to apply to one of the big fours as an Audit-Staff. I resigned after some months due to frustration.

3 Likes

Re: Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos by pepigeorge(m): 9:22am On Jun 07, 2016
Omero:
Even me, Potentially thousands and millions of other Nigerians are job seekers. God Plz intervene in your children plight.
leave God alone
Re: Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 07, 2016
toneawe:

Nigeria graduates from here are beta than if all tins been equal. The only advantage they have abroad is the availability of teaching materials. I can bet u that I'll beat a foreign graduate hands down here. I graduated from DELSU with a 2¹. But I design inverters and other electronics devices. I build them myself and mind u I didnt learn the practical in DELSU. I learnt the theory in school and went outside to learn the practical.i studied physics with electronics tech. Respect the serious Nigeria graduates man.

So, is it the foreign graduates that cannot design inverters? Why all this unnecessary beef against foreign students. The only reason why I studied in Nigeria is because I did not have the money to go abroad. Only a fool will study engineering in Nigeria if he has the financial power to go abroad. The inverters you designed, are they based on the most recent and state of the art technology? I know from experience that when nigerians talk of designing and building appliances, they just simply assemble imported components. Very few actually design some key ICs. Did you design and build the microcontroller of the inverter yourself?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos by Speakdatruth: 9:25am On Jun 07, 2016
Nnaabros:
sad Sad story. But when will you learn? Even those who have jobs are losing it, being retrenched almost everyday. And yet people are still coming with BIG degrees feeling as if the society OWES THEM a job just because you have a big degree. With his field of expertise and professional training, there's a lot he could do for himself with it. But they'll never learn. Many are still going out to get BIGGER AND BIGGER degrees and then come back DEMANDING for a job!

When are you going to get it into your head, WHAT WE NEED NOW ARE SKILLS AND ENTREPRENEURS, People who CREATE JOBS not people who are looking for jobs. We don't need BIG DEGREES anymore. We need BIG SKILLS and JOB CREATORS
correct, ur head dey there
Re: Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos by fpeter(f): 9:25am On Jun 07, 2016
dainformant:
with all the qualifications? something is wrong

I have two younger ones that schooled in the UK, one has a distinction
they're both home now without paid jobs, rather they do volunteer jobs
so my dear let the scales fall off your eyes...this is Nigeria for now!
Re: Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos by toneawe(m): 9:31am On Jun 07, 2016
AnalyticEngine:

So, is it the foreign graduates that cannot design inverters? Why all this unnecessary beef against foreign students. The only reason why I studied in Nigeria is because I did not have the money to go abroad. Only a fool will study engineering in Nigeria if he has the financial power to go abroad. The inverters you designed, are they based on the most recent and state of the art technology? I know from experience that when nigerians talk of designing and building appliances, they just simply assemble imported components. Very few actually design some key ICs. Did you design and build the microcontroller of the inverter yourself?
If possible for u, y not change ur skin colour? Are the ones who studied abroad not the ones crying for jobs now? Or did they tell u that they can build an IC? I laugh u in pigeon English.
Re: Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos by afroxyz: 9:35am On Jun 07, 2016
1st class graduate can't create jobs, can't go into biz and can't even go and lecture even if na state university? And someone would blame Buhari for this

1 Like

Re: Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 07, 2016
neocortex:

Cut him some slack please,
it is thanks to the so-called "robots" that you are able to make
this comment.
Variety is the spice of life.

Robots have contributed nothing to this world. Do your research!
Re: Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 07, 2016
Wait wait...
1. He's Nigerian
2. Studied in UK
3. on scholarship
4. Got first class degree
5. No job?

How is he not even sought after for employment sharp sharp? and I'm here after I quit school, to "find" myself cos of learning difficulties & depression? God must show herself o! Jesus fight for the weary & broken! Michael avenge us!

1 Like

Re: Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos by kayola11(m): 10:12am On Jun 07, 2016
We need prayers,dats just d fact
Re: Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos by oismail(m): 10:13am On Jun 07, 2016
Don't sound as if you don't know that company are sacking workers
Re: Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos by phabulous88(m): 10:21am On Jun 07, 2016
NLaners should stop being judgemental. For the fact that he's going through difficult times doesn't mean he's lazy. I did a quick search on him and found out that he was doing pretty well before he travelled to the UK for studies.

In fact, he worked for NNPC for about 5 years before travelling to the UK and I'm pretty sure that he met and married his wife during this period. Another look at his profile ( https://www.linkedin.com/in/abimbola-kareem-63835a48 ) shows that he currently runs a business - Bycrim Web and Data Solutions Ltd; and you know the way businesses are - ups and downs.

Let's give him time and pray for him. Many successful businessmen failed several times, this might just be his failing session and I'm certain he will breakthrough someday.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 07, 2016
toneawe:

If possible for u, y not change ur skin colour? Are the ones who studied abroad not the ones crying for jobs now? Or did they tell u that they can build an IC? I laugh u in pigeon English.

I'm always sceptical about commenting on nairaland and that is because of the presence of partial literates like you. In the multitude of all I wrote, the only item you chose to respond to is the issue of IC. Now can u design any of the components on the IC? Can u design a diode, capacitor, transistor or even a common resistor given the specifics? Please tell me how you'd go about designing a resistor of 2micro-ohms for your panel. What brought the issue of skin colour now? As much as I am a proud Nigerian, I cannot however, deny the fact that the whites are centuries ahead of us in technology. This is why I can humble myself to study abroad if given the opportunity so I can become better. Your kind are only aggrieved that they couldn't make it to Nigerian Federal University talkless of going abroad. It is wrong to say Nigerian graduates are better than foreign graduates. Habaaa...see beef.

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos by Reference(m): 10:41am On Jun 07, 2016
Anyone giving him a job should watch it. There must be something wrong somewhere, and my guess is that big, big word.....ATTITUDE, that could so easily make or break his employer. Academic success is just that and nothing more. A good brain is not the same as a good head.
Re: Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos by neocortex: 10:49am On Jun 07, 2016
datalossvictim1:

Robots have contributed nothing to this world. Do your research!

Robots have two of the most critical factor for success/breakthrough which is persistence and
perseverance without them nothing noteworthy can be achieved.
Re: Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos by dROC1: 10:52am On Jun 07, 2016
afroxyz:
1st class graduate can't create jobs, can't go into biz and can't even go and lecture even if na state university? And someone would blame Buhari for this

This just says it all
Re: Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos by Niza01(m): 11:15am On Jun 07, 2016
Isn't there anything else he can do than job-hunting? Biko understand that your certificate does not guarantee a job but your skill does. Check yourself and transform that strength into something more productive than share the streets with area boys who know next to nothing of your first class cert. cry
Re: Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos by spencekat(m): 11:18am On Jun 07, 2016
VIPERVENOM:
He should go back to d village and apologise to dat mad woman
Mad woman? undecidedHe should fight his battle spiritually and physically.
Re: Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos by spencekat(m): 11:21am On Jun 07, 2016
AnalyticEngine:

Don't mind him.Abroad education especially in UK is far better than Nigeria's own.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos by EngrKen8(m): 11:25am On Jun 07, 2016
freeborn76:

This is mental laziness jare, you have a first class, yet you cannot create a small scale job abi? You wasted your years in school...now I know why Brymo gave that epic advise...brah, start a small business while you wait for something 'big'. Please, don't rant about capital, you must have saved up something little from your 20 hours a week job ( we all did it, no be only you school abroad).

Freeborn, while writing and trying to pass across whatever message you were trying to, did it ever occur to you that he might not be business inclined? If by what you wrote, you also schooled abroad and held down a 20 hour a week job, then you should know that some(most) times, the only thing that kind of job can pay for is rent and basic utility bills. I doubt it's just me, but your post came across not just only as destructive rather than constructive, but also as one from a hateful/bitter person who just felt like typing.

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos by Refino(m): 11:57am On Jun 07, 2016
Hmmmmmm
Re: Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos by Refino(m): 12:03pm On Jun 07, 2016
Nigerians from d South love to speak from this point of view more often than not('spiritual remote control')with all d density of knowledge at their disposal..
What he needs now is a job to revibrate again not problem analysis. We can see he is already on the right path; he hasn't given up n becoming a menace to d society but rather he has gone d distance seeking for open doors n has met one of his helpers on d path to life fulfillment seeking for others to come along.
Who knows what he will become tomorrow.He looks smart to me beating d 'agberos' in their own game.
In my own life experience as an adventurous young man,I would say
1.learn to trust d LORD completely who works in ur instincts through His word.
2.Brain storm on what you can do at d moment to stay above d hunger zone n even more n put legs into it.
3.ask, seek n knock ie be diligent n go d distance
4.Only listen to words of counsel,d word of God is d sure word of prophecy for ur life
E.g....'u shall stand before Kings n not before mean man....u shall possess ur possession...ur lines are falling unto u in pleasant places....no weapon formed against u shall proper...it is well with the righteous...I n d children d LORD has given me r for signs n for wonders...HALLELUJAH!
5.commit ur life endeavors to God's hand daily in prayers n thanksgivings.... For He spake a parable to ds end that men ought ALWAYS to pray n not to faint.
6. Be strong,have faith n be very courageous ie fearless n dearing(...for all ds kings n their lands did Joshua took at one time because the LORD God of Israel fought for Israel.)
7. associate with men of like precious faith n substance.
8.Rejoice always;don't worry b happy!!!

1 Like

Re: Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos by g8662: 12:18pm On Jun 07, 2016
Now you don’t need to go to UK anymore to earn a UK University’s degree, now you can now you get a Warwick university Master degree in Eastern Mediterranean University. I would personally suggest you to come to Cyprus if you don’t have enough funds to live in the UK because of the high cost of living, you can be studying in Eastern Mediterranean University and yet have a certificate of one the top 6 universities in the UK.
The Warwick Manufacturing group (WMG) approaches not only training but high education, to unveil the understanding of the bigger picture and encourage students and executive to bring about new reasoning students have the opportunity to work directly with WMG leading researchers and learn from experienced tutors, which provides a progressive way to those wishing to establish a career in academics or in engineering, manufacturing or technology-led commercial organizations.

Eastern Mediterranean University is an official overseas center for the Warwick University WMG MSc courses, right now engineering in business management, logistics management and supply chain are run by the center in EMU, the students are fully registered as Warwick WMGs students and are awarded exactly the same degree as a student in the UK they can also take two modules in the UK with no further tuition charge.

If you think that you can’t make for the UK then come to North Cyprus and get a degree of one of the most respected university in Europe and enhance your future career.

There are merit-based and location-based scholarships available for bachelor, masters and PhD students. The higher your grades, the better your chances of winning a merit-based scholarship; the location-based scholarship is independent of your academic grades; it is based on your country. See the list here -- http://cyprusuni.com/full-scholarship-to-study-abroad-in-cyprus-category-for-100-scholarship/

Admission and Scholarship applications are free.

*IGCSE, IB, SAT, A-LEVEL, NECO, WASSEC, GCE, ND, HND, SSCE, BT, B.ENG, and any other.
* SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
* SCHOOL FEES IS PAID PER SEMESTER
* ACCESS / OPPORTUNITY TO VISIT OTHER EUROPEAN COUNTRIES
* EXCHANGE PROGRAMME AVAILABLE

See the list of degree course programs, admission requirements, application processes, scholarship, tuition fees, accommodations, living expenses, visa, flight, airport pickup and many more.... http://cyprusuni.com/top-ranking-universities-in-north-cyprus/

.............................................................................................................................................
.............................................................................................................................................
Announcement from the CyprusUni.com, the sponsors of this post

If you have any questions and enquiries please ask them here... http://cyprusuni.com/contact-us/

Are you looking to:

Study in top-ranking universities in Europe?
Win overseas scholarship to study abroad in Europe?
Prestigious, affordable universities in Europe?
Quality undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate programs?
Study in multi-cultural environment?
Admission to affordable bachelor/undergraduate, master or Phd abroad?
IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/JAMB – No SAT/GRE/GMAT, Not Required
IGCSE, IB, SAT, A-LEVEL, NECO, WASSEC, GCE, ND, HND, SSCE, BT, B.ENG, and any other - Accepted.
and many more.

Then apply to study at top ranking european universities with scholarship ... http://cyprusuni.com/how-to-apply-for-admission-scholarships-for-international-students-and-cyprusuni-affiliate-program/

Eastern Mediterranean University (EMU), Cyprus International University (CIU), Near East University (NEU)

1 Like

Re: Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos by samcolee(m): 12:22pm On Jun 07, 2016
soa89:
I don't care what your qualification is or the value your certificate carries. If you don't recognize God in all of this, then you are a goner!

GRACE - God in the RACE

#Kachifo

#I'mAWinner

i think it's man that will show u to God and he will bless you. Nigeria is MAn no Man or you remain jobless with your qualifications. Has even reach a stage you buy jobs. If the source is correct you get it if not you're scammed. My advice if you've a good biz or handwork stick to that and look for ways of improving your income

1 Like

Re: Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos by samcolee(m): 12:57pm On Jun 07, 2016
engrlarex:

if you are above 26 years if you like graduate with 5.2/5.0 KPMG will disqualify you. age is also a barrier in nigeria and ASUU/nasu strike pass thunder.
we ain't honest to ourselves . i haven't seen so many people graduating at 26yr. At the same time am still surprise seeing people more than 26 even 35 employed in such firms.
Re: Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos by freeborn76(m): 12:59pm On Jun 07, 2016
EngrKen8:

Freeborn, while writing and trying to pass across whatever message you were trying to, did it ever occur to you that he might not be business inclined? If by what you wrote, you also schooled abroad and held down a 20 hour a week job, then you should know that some(most) times, the only thing that kind of job can pay for is rent and basic utility bills. I doubt it's just me, but your post came across not just only as destructive rather than constructive, but also as one from a hateful/bitter person who just felt like typing.

Thank you EngrKen8 for your message. Firstly, I am NOT and Can NEVER be bitter, I don't know the guy, we are not competing for anything, for all it's worth, I attended a more prestigious school abroad (by the grace of God), I have nothing to be hateful or bitter about. I am just appalled at the current trend of 'graduates' invading the social media in search of jobs with a haughty sense of entitlement. There are millions of young Nigerians who graduate daily from prestigious universities both home and abroad, if they (we) all take placards seeking jobs, don't you think twitter, lindaikejiblog and nairaland will crash? Again, there is no such thing as business inclined, every man (and woman) is born with a survival instinct, that part of you that seeks survival, independent of external assistance or handouts. I did not intend to disparage the young man, I apologise if I came across as such. Fact is, an education is not a job guarantee, it is supposed to be a KEY to success, it is your responsible to look for the DOOR. Selah!

1 Like

Re: Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos by samcolee(m): 1:04pm On Jun 07, 2016
shamecurls:
Know people and not your books.

. -Nigerian Quote
gbam thank u
Re: Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 07, 2016
neocortex:

Robots have two of the most critical factor for success/breakthrough which is persistence and
perseverance without them nothing noteworthy can be achieved.

Oh jesus christ! Good bye please.
Re: Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos by successsurvivor(m): 2:51pm On Jun 07, 2016
Please tell him to send his cv to feri_gwtcorp@yahoo.com with his photograph. We have a place for him. Thanks
Re: Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos by Malakh: 3:09pm On Jun 07, 2016
if you don't understand it's not meant for you.
dipznano:

Your point exactly? (in two lines) undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Job Is At Risk Because Of Office Romance Involving My Boss / Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company Receiving Cv / People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.