Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,141 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 - Islam for Muslims (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 (70769 Views)

Quiz: Where Is Allah? / Quiz: How Much Did The Prophet Of Allah Buy Safiyya, His Jewish POW? / Nairaland Ramadan Iftaar 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by dejt4u(m): 5:24pm On Jun 29, 2016
Wizeboy:
DAY TWENTY-ONE QUIZ: 24th Ramadan 1437
1) What will be the greatest fitna to befall humanity? 

Dajjal

2) The Prayer of Fear (Salatul-Khauf) was hinted at where in the Quran? 

"When you, O Muhammad, are with them, leading their Salah (prayer in the state of war), let one party of them stand up to pray with you, armed with their weapons. After they finish their prostrations, let them withdraw to the rear and let the other party who have not yet prayed come forward to pray with you; and let them also be on their guard, armed with their weapons...."

Quran 4, verse 102

3) Madiha made an oath to do so and so if Allah granted her something, she was granted the thing but failed to fulfill the oath. How should she expiate for this?

1) She may free a slave (of no relevance in our times), or, she may feed ten destitute people, morning and evening (or one poor person for ten days), or, she may clothe ten destitute people, (giving) each of them one garment or more, the minimum of (each) being that in which salah is valid. She may also give the equivalent of the above in money.
2) If she is not capable of any of these three things, she must fast three consecutive days.

4) Eesa عليه السلام is ibn Maryam, who's ibn Matta?

Prophet Yunus

5) The Angels do not enter the house in which there's an animate image or a Dog......... Does this mean the deeds of the inhabitants of such houses won't be recorded by the Recording Angels? 

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 4.448
Narrated by Abu Talha, I heard the Messenger of Allah (saws) saying; "Angels (of Mercy) do not enter a house wherein there is a dog or a picture of a living creature (a human being or an animal)."

It shows that only Angels of Mercy that do not enter such houses, not recording angels or angel of death
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jun 29, 2016
Wizeboy:

Answer

The Greatest Fitnah:

Hazrat Imraan bin Hussain (RA) narrates one of the sayings of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) pertaining to Dajjal in the following way:

“I heard Rasulullah (PBUH) saying: “Since the birth of Adam (AS) till the advent of Qiyamah there is no fitnah much greater that of Dajjal.”

From this narration it is clear that Dajjal will be the greatest ‘fitnah’ that the world has ever witnessed since the arrival of Adam (AS) and the beginning of human race.

Now the word fitnah used in this hadith can be inferred to have two connotations, the first one which refers the ‘evil’ meaning of fitnah and the second one which refers to the ‘test or trial’ meaning of fitnah. It means that Dajjal will be the greatest evil that the world has seen and will see till the end of the days and as far as the trial or test of surviving a particular situation of adversity is concerned, Dajjal will also easily top all the adversities that human race has faced.

Therefore, in all its sense, the arrival of Dajjal will be the greatest fitnah faced by humanity.

Answer

And when you (Muslims) travel in the land, there is no sin on you if you shorten your Salat (prayer) if you fear that the disbelievers may attack you, verily, the disbelievers are ever unto you open enemies.
(An-Nisa 4:101)

When you (O Messenger Muhammad Sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) are among them, and lead them in As-Salat (the prayer), let one party of them stand up [in Salat (prayer)] with you taking their arms with them; when they finish their prostrations, let them take their positions in the rear and let the other party come up which has not yet prayed, and let them pray with you taking all the precautions and bearing arms. Those who disbelieve wish, if you were negligent of your arms and your baggage, to attack you in a single rush, but there is no sin on you if you put away your arms because of the inconvenience of rain or because you are ill, but take every precaution for yourselves. Verily, Allah has prepared a humiliating torment for the disbelievers.
(An-Nisa 4:102)

3) Madiha made an oath to do so and so if Allah granted her something, she was granted the thing but failed to fulfill the oath. How should she expiate for this?

Answer

This is a determined vow that you uttered and it is called the Determined Oath .it is swearing or vowing to do something in the future, that one will carry it out or will not carry it out. Then, if he breaks his oath, expiation is binding upon him.

EXPIATION OF A BROKEN OATH
The method of the Expiation of an oath (or vow is a follows):
1. The expiation of an oath is:
Freeing a slave. There suffices for it that which suffices in [the expiation of zihar ]. [Or]
If one wishes, he may clothe ten destitute people, [giving] each of them one garment or more, the minimum of [each] being that in which salah is valid, [or]
If one wishes, he may feed ten destitute people, like the feeding in the expiation of zihar.

2. If one is not capable of any of these three things, one fasts three consecutive days.

Answer

Yunus Ibn Matta

5) The Angels do not enter the house in which there's an animate image or a Dog......... Does this mean the deeds of the inhabitants of such houses won't be recorded by the Recording Angels?

Answer

the recording angels who write down the deeds of the son of Adam enter houses in which there are images. What is meant by the angels who do not enter a house in which there are images are the angels of mercy.

Al-Bukhaari (3226) and Muslim (2106) narrated from Abu Talhah (may Allah be pleased with him) that

the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said;

“The angels do not enter a house in which there is an image.”

Al-Nawawi (may Allah have mercy on him) said:
The scholars said: The reason why they do not enter a house in which there is an image is because it is a grievous sin, and it is competing with the creation of Allah, may He be exalted, and some of them are images of things that are worshipped instead of Allah, may He be exalted.
With regard to these angels who do not enter a house in which there is a dog or an image, they are the angels who go round with mercy, blessings and prayers for forgiveness. With regard to the recording angels, they enter every house and never leave the sons of Adam under any circumstances, because they are enjoined to list and record their deeds.

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by daprince098(m): 5:39pm On Jun 29, 2016
Wizeboy:

Ans: Dajjal (the imposter or 'the anti christ').

Ans: Surah An-Nisa verse 102

"When you (O Messenger Muhammad SAW) are among them, and lead them in As-Salat (the prayer), let one party of them stand up [in Salat (prayer)] with you taking their arms with them; when they finish their prostrations, let them take their positions in the rear and let the other party come up which has not yet prayed, and let them pray with you taking all the precautions and bearing arms. Those who disbelieve wish, if you were negligent of your arms and your baggage, to attack you in a single rush, but there is no sin on you if you put away your arms because of the inconvenience of rain or because you are ill, but take every precaution for yourselves. Verily, Allah has prepared a humiliating torment for the disbelievers"

[b]Ans: Making a promise to Allaah is a kind of vow and an oath (yameen).

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And of them are some who made a covenant with Allaah (saying): ‘If He bestowed on us of His Bounty, we will verily, give Sadaqah (Zakaah and voluntary charity in Allaah’s Cause) and will be certainly among those who are righteous’” [al-Tawbah 9:75]

The expiation for breaking an oath is to set free a slave, or to feed or clothe ten poor persons. Whoever cannot do any of those things should fast for three days, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Allaah will not punish you for what is unintentional in your oaths, but He will punish you for your deliberate oaths; for its expiation (a deliberate oath) feed ten Masaakeen (poor persons), on a scale of the average of that with which you feed your own families, or clothe them or manumit a slave. But whosoever cannot afford (that), then he should fast for three days. That is the expiation for the oaths when you have sworn. And protect your oaths (i.e. do not swear much). Thus Allaah makes clear to you His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) that you may be grateful”

[al-Maa'idah 5:89]
[/b]

Ans: Yunus ibn Matta

Ans:
Sahih al-Bukhari 3225, Narrated Abu Talha:

I heard Allah's Apostle saying; "Angels (of Mercy) do not enter a house wherein there is a dog or a picture of a living creature (a human being or an animal)."

So clearly, it mentioned about the angels of Mercy, and Not every angel. More so, the Qur'an says:

"I said not to them except what You commanded me - to worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. And I was a witness over them as long as I was among them; but when You took me up, You were the Observer over them, and You are, over all things, Witness" (Q5:117)

It's obvious that thier deeds will recorded by the recording angels.

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by superwitboss: 6:05pm On Jun 29, 2016
Wizeboy:

Dajjal

AN-NISA (THE WOMEN)

And when you are among them and lead them in prayer, let a group of them stand [in prayer] with you and let them carry their arms. And when they have prostrated, let them be [in position] behind you and have the other group come forward which has not [yet] prayed and let them pray with you, taking precaution and carrying their arms.
Those who disbelieve wish that you would neglect your weapons and your baggage so they could come down upon you in one [single] attack. But there is no blame upon you, if you are troubled by rain or are ill, for putting down your arms, but take precaution. Indeed, Allah has prepared for the disbelievers a humiliating punishment. Q4:102

Freeing a slave. There suffices for it that which
suffices in [the expiation of zihar]. [Or]
◦If one wishes, he may clothe ten destitute
people, [giving] each of them one garment or more, the minimum of [each] being that in which salah is valid, [or]
◦If one wishes, he may feed ten destitute people, like the feeding in the expiation of zihar.
If one is not capable of any of these three things, one fasts three consecutive days.

Prophet Yunus (Jonah) (A.S)

No, Angels who do not enter a house in which there is a dog or an image, they are the angels who go round with mercy, blessings and prayers for forgiveness. With regard to the recording angels, they enter every house and never leave the sons of Adam under any circumstances, because they are enjoined to list and record their deeds.
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by baba11(m): 6:35pm On Jun 29, 2016
Wizeboy:

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Wealthyone: 6:42pm On Jun 29, 2016
Day 24; O Allah I beseech Thee (to make me do) that which pleases Thee, in this month. I take refuge with Thee from that for which Thou may treat me with contempt. I beseech Thee to arrange my life in such a manner that I obey Thee and never break or tamper with Thy laws, O He who liberally gives abundantly to the beseechers... ameen

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Akinkunmi0777(m): 6:50pm On Jun 29, 2016
1) What will be the greatest fitna
to befall humanity? Ans: Dajjal (the imposter or
'the anti christ'). 2) The Prayer of Fear (Salatul-
Khauf) was hinted at where in the
Quran? Ans: Surah An-Nisa verse 102 "When you (O Messenger
Muhammad SAW) are among
them, and lead them in As-
Salat (the prayer), let one
party of them stand up [in Salat
(prayer)] with you taking their arms with them; when they
finish their prostrations, let
them take their positions in the
rear and let the other party
come up which has not yet
prayed, and let them pray with you taking all the precautions
and bearing arms. Those who
disbelieve wish, if you were
negligent of your arms and your
baggage, to attack you in a
single rush, but there is no sin on you if you put away your
arms because of the
inconvenience of rain or
because you are ill, but take
every precaution for
yourselves. Verily, Allah has prepared a humiliating torment
for the disbelievers" 3) Madiha made an oath to do so
and so if Allah granted her
something, she was granted the
thing but failed to fulfill the oath.
How should she expiate for this? 4) Eesa ﻋﻠﻴﻪ ﺍﻟﺴﻼﻡ is ibn Maryam, who's ibn Matta? Ans: Yunus ibn Matta 5) The Angels do not enter the
house in which there's an animate
image or a Dog......... Does this
mean the deeds of the inhabitants
of such houses won't be recorded
by the Recording Angels? Ans:
Sahih al-Bukhari 3225, Narrated
Abu Talha: I heard Allah's Apostle saying;
"Angels (of Mercy) do not enter a
house wherein there is a dog or a
picture of a living creature (a
human being or an animal)." So clearly, it mentioned about the
angels of Mercy, and Not every
angel. More so, the Qur'an says: "I said not to them except what
You commanded me - to worship
Allah, my Lord and your Lord. And I
was a witness over them as long
as I was among them; but when
You took me up, You were the Observer over them, and You are,
over all things, Witness" (Q5:117) It's obvious that thier deeds will
recorded by the recording angels.
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by baba11(m): 7:36pm On Jun 29, 2016
[quote author=baba11 post=47047641][/quote]

1.......Dajjal

And when you (Muslims) travel in the land, there is no sin on you if you shorten your Salat (prayer) if you fear that the disbelievers may attack you, verily, the disbelievers are ever unto you open enemies.
(An-Nisa 4:101)

When you (O Messenger Muhammad Sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) are among them, and lead them in As-Salat (the prayer), let one party of them stand up [in Salat (prayer)] with you taking their arms with them; when they finish their prostrations, let them take their positions in the rear and let the other party come up which has not yet prayed, and let them pray with you taking all the precautions and bearing arms. Those who disbelieve wish, if you were negligent of your arms and your baggage, to attack you in a single rush, but there is no sin on you if you put away your arms because of the inconvenience of rain or because you are ill, but take every precaution for yourselves. Verily, Allah has prepared a humiliating torment for the disbelievers.
(An-Nisa 4:102)

The expiation for breaking an oath is to set free a slave, or to feed or clothe ten poor persons. Whoever cannot do any of those things should fast for three days, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Allaah will not punish you for what is unintentional in your oaths, but He will punish you for your deliberate oaths; for its expiation (a deliberate oath) feed ten Masaakeen (poor persons), on a scale of the average of that with which you feed your own families, or clothe them or manumit a slave. But whosoever cannot afford (that), then he should fast for three days. That is the expiation for the oaths when you have sworn. And protect your oaths (i.e. do not swear much). Thus Allaah makes clear to you His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) that you may be grateful”

[al-Maa'idah 5:89]

4........Prophet Yunus ibn matta

5........ The angels who do not enter a house in which there is a dog or an image, they are the angels who go round with mercy, blessings and prayers for forgiveness. With regard to the recording angels, they enter every house and never leave the sons of Adam under any circumstances, because they are enjoined to list and record their deeds.
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Wizeboy(m): 9:12am On Jun 30, 2016
DAY TWENTY-ONE QUIZ ANSWERS - 24th Ramadan 1437

a) What will be the greatest fitna to befall humanity? 

The Dajjal

b) The Prayer of Fear (Salatul-Khauf) was hinted at where in the Quran? 

Surah An-Nisa, ayah 102

c) Madiha made an oath to do so and so if Allah granted her something, she was granted the thing but failed to fulfill the oath. How should she expiate for this?

The expiation is to; 
Feed 10 poor persons on a scale of the average of that with which you feed your own families OR clothe them OR manumit a slave. But whosoever cannot afford (that), then he should fast for three days. (Surah Al-Maidah, ayah 89).

Yunus عليه السلام 

The words “the angels do not enter” mean: the angels of mercy who go round with mercy, blessings and prayers for forgiveness and not the recording angels or the Angels of death. 

Day Twenty-One Quiz Participants 

dejt4u 
Drniyi4u
sodiksan
daprince098
baba11
Akinkunmi0777
superwitboss
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Wizeboy(m): 5:11pm On Jun 30, 2016
DAY TWENTY-TWO QUIZ: 25th Ramadan 1437

1) Which Day is known as Yawm-ul-Khurooj? 

2) An individual that posses 3 fine qualities has attained sweetness of faith, they are? 

3) The fire will be kindled, first with 3 sets of persons.. What are the qualities of these people?

4) What's Sujood Shukr, when and how's it done?

5a) He finished his ablution, puts his finger in his mouth then raised it to the skies before uttering the Shaadah...... Anything wrong with this? 

5b) The Muhaddhin finished the Iqamah, as normal with لا إله إلا الله then added the Shaadah....... Anything wrong with this?
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Drniyi4u(m): 5:11pm On Jun 30, 2016
Wizeboy:

Day of judgment (Khurooj is emergence, so the Day of judgment is also referred to as the Day of emergence (from grave)).

2) An individual that posses 3 fine qualities has attained sweetness of faith, they are? 

The Prophet said, "Whoever possesses the following three qualities will taste the sweetness of faith:
1. The one to whom Allah and His Apostle become dearer than anything else.
2. Who loves a person and he loves him only for Allah's sake.
3. Who hates to revert to disbelief (Atheism) after Allah has brought (saved) him out from it, as he hates to be thrown in fire.
"

Sahih Bukhari, reported by Anas bin Malik (Hadith 21)

3) The fire will be kindled, first with 3 sets of persons.. What are the qualities of these people?

Abu Hurayrah (R.A) said,
“I heard the Messenger of Allah (SAW) say, ‘ Verily, the first to be judged on the Day of Resurrection will be a man who had died as a martyr(Shayed). He will be brought forward.
Allah will remind him of the favours He had bestowed upon him and the man will acknowledge them. Then He will ask him:
`What did you do to express gratitude for it?’
The man will reply: `I fought for Your Cause till I was martyred.’
Allah will say:
`You have lied. You fought so that people might call you courageous; and they have done so.’
Command will then be issued about him and he will be dragged on his face and thrown into Hell.

Next a man who had acquired and imparted knowledge and read the Qur’an will be brought forward, Allah will remind him of the favours He had bestowed upon him and the man will acknowledge them.
Then He will ask him:
The man will reply: `I acquired knowledge and taught it, and read the Qur’an for Your sake.’
Allah will say to him:
`You have lied. You acquired knowledge so that people might call you a learned (man), and you read the Qur’an so that they might call you a reciter, and they have done so.’
Command will then be issued about him, and he will be dragged on his face and thrown into Hell.

Next a man whom Allah had made affluent and to whom Allah had given plenty of wealth, will be brought forward, Allah will remind him of the favours He had bestowed upon him and the man will acknowledge them.
He will ask him:
The man will reply: `I did not neglect any of the ways You liked wealth to be spend liberally for Your sake’.
Allah will say to him:
`You have lied. You did it so that people might call you generous, and they have done so.’
Command will then be issued about him and he will be dragged on his face and thrown into Hell.”

Sahih Muslim

Sujood Shukr is Prostration of Thankfulness

It is done in response to a calamity that is averted or a blessing which come to a person.

It is done by facing Qiblah, saying “Allahu Akbar”, falling in prostration, fulfilling hamd (praising of God) and tasbih (glorifying God) and sitting up the sajdah with takbir (Allahu Akbar).

5a) He finished his ablution, puts his finger in his mouth then raised it to the skies before uttering the Shaadah...... Anything wrong with this? 

It is Mustahab (desirable act) to recite Kalimatu Shahaadah after completion of Wudu pointing the forefinger towards the sky and also recite Surah "Inna Anzalnaa", and to drink a little water from the rest of Wudu water. But just putting finger in the mouth and raising it to the sky is Bid'ah (innovation), because it wasn't recorded in Quran or Hadith

5b) The Muhaddhin finished the Iqamah, as normal with لا إله إلا الله then added the Shaadah....... Anything wrong with this?

It was never recorded that prophet did recite Shaadah after Iqamah, thus, it is Bid'ah

Allahu A'lam

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by superwitboss: 5:12pm On Jun 30, 2016
Wizeboy:

Al-khurooj means emergence. It is called theday of emergence, because that is when we will emerge from our graves.
Allah says: “The Day they will hear the blast [of the Horn] in truth. That is the Day of Emergence [from the graves] [yawm al- khurooj].” (50:42)

The Prophet said, "Whoever possesses the following three qualities will taste the sweetness of faith:
1. The one to whom Allah and His Apostle become dearer than anything else.
3. Who hates to revert to disbelief (Atheism) after Allah has brought (saved) him out from it, as he hates to be thrown in fire."
Narrated by Anas
Hadith no: 21

A man who had died as
a martyr (Shayed).

A man who had acquired and imparted knowledge and read the Qur’an.

A man whom Allah had made affluent and to whom Allah had given plenty of wealth.

Sujood ash-Shukr is a prostration which is performed for Allah, in order to show thanks and gratitude (shukr) to Him for a specific blessing.

How it is done/performed
As soon as a person hears of a specific blessing, it is recommended for him to immediately prostrate to Allah. This is a prostration like any other prostration – in terms
of prostrating on seven limbs and saying:
ﺳﺒﺤﺎﻥ ﺭﺑﻲ ﺍﻷﻋﻠﻰ
Glorified is my Lord, the Most High
A person should then also thank Allah for the blessing.

This is wrong as there is no evidence however, for a person to puts his finger in his mouth then raised it to the skies before uttering the Shaadah

This is not proper as there is no evidence for this in the holy Quran or hadiths
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by dejt4u(m): 5:13pm On Jun 30, 2016
Wizeboy:

The Day of Judgement  

(i) Someone to whom Allah and His Apostle become dearer than anything else.
(ii) Someone who loves a person and he loves him only for Allah's sake.
(iii) Someone who hates to revert to disbelief after Allah has saved him out from it, as he hates to be thrown in fire.

(i) Those who had died as martyrs, but fought so that people might call them courageous.

(ii) Those who had acquired and imparted knowledge and read the Qur’an, but acquired the knowledge so that people might call them learned, read the Qur’an so that they might call them reciter.

(iii)Those whom Allah had made affluent and to whom Allah had given plenty of wealth, so that people might call them generous.

Sujood Shukr is a prostration which is performed for Allah, in order to show gratitude to Him for a specific blessing.

It is done in when a calamity is averted from a person or when a blessing which come to a person

The person would face Qibla,
say Takbir,
go for prostration, in which the person would say, “Subhana Rabbi al-A‘la! ” three times as in any normal sujud,
then follow this up with expressions of praise and thanks (in any language),
then finally sit up the sajdah with takbir

This has no basis in Quran and Sunnah of the prophet, so, it is innovation and it's wrong

This also has no basis in Quran and Sunnah of the prophet, thus, it is innovation, and it's wrong
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by baba11(m): 5:25pm On Jun 30, 2016
Wizeboy:

Al-khurooj means emergence. Yawm-ul-Khurooj is called the day of emergence, because that is when we will emerge from our graves.

Allah says: “The Day they will hear the blast [of the Horn] in truth. That is the Day of Emergence [from the graves] [yawm al-khurooj].” (50:42)

i)The one to whom Allah and His Messenger become dearer than anything else.
ii)Who loves a person and he loves him only for Allah’s sake.
iii)Who hates to revert to disbelief (Atheism)after Allah has brought (saved) him out from it, as he hates to be thrown in fire

Sahih Al Bukhari Vol. 1, Book 2, No. 21

“From Abu Hurayrah, who said, “I heard the Messenger of Allah say, ‘ Verily, the first to be judged on the Day of Resurrection will be a man who had died as a martyr. He will be brought forward. Allah will remind him of the favours He had bestowed upon him and the man will acknowledge them. Then He will ask him: `What did you do to express gratitude for it?’ The man will reply: `I fought for Your Cause till I was martyred.’ Allah will say: `You have lied. You fought so that people might call you courageous; and they have done so.’ Command will then be issued about him and he will be dragged on his face and thrown into Hell.

Next a man who had acquired and imparted knowledge and read the Qur’an will be brought forward, Allah will remind him of the favours He had bestowed upon him and the man will acknowledge them. Then He will ask him: `What did you do to express gratitude for it?’ The man will reply: `I acquired knowledge and taught it, and read the Qur’an for Your sake.’ Allah will say to him: `You have lied. You acquired knowledge so that people might call you a learned (man), and you read the Qur’an so that they might call you a reciter, and they have done so.’ Command will then be issued about him, and he will be dragged on his face and thrown into Hell.

Next a man whom Allah had made affluent and to whom Allah had given plenty of wealth, will be brought forward, Allah will remind him of the favours He had bestowed upon him and the man will acknowledge them. He will ask him: `What did you do to express gratitude for it?’ The man will reply: `I did not neglect any of the ways You liked wealth to be spend liberally for Your sake’. Allah will say to him: `You have lied. You did it so that people might call you generous, and they have done so.’ Command will then be issued about him and he will be dragged on his face and thrown into Hell.”

Sujood ash-Shukr is a prostration which is done for Allaah, in order to show thanks and gratitude to Him for a specific blessing.

It comprises of one prostration, and none of the preconditions needed for prayer are stipulated for it. So it is like sujood at-tilaawah, they both have the same ruling. Neither of them have a precondition such as being in a state of purification, facing the qiblah, making the takbeer, making the tasleem, and so on. Rather, if he is surprised by some blessing, he prostrates immediately the way he is and praises Allaah with whatever (words) he can for that blessing that He gave him, out of thanks to Him.

It is unislamic because there is no evidence to support this

5b)The Muhaddhin finished the Iqamah, as normal with لا إله إلا الله then added the Shaadah....... Anything wrong with this?

It is unislamic because there is no evidence to support this
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by daprince098(m): 5:27pm On Jun 30, 2016
Wizeboy:

Ans: The day of Judgment

Ans:
1. The one to whom Allah and His Apostle becomes dearer than anything else.

3. Who hates to revert to Atheism (disbelief) as he hates to be thrown into the fire.

Ans:
1. Those who had died as martyrs, but fought so that people might call them courageous.

2. Those who had acquired and imparted knowledge and read the Qur’an, but acquired the knowledge so that people might call them learned, read the Qur’an so that they might call them reciter.

3. Those whom Allah had made affluent and to whom Allah had given plenty of wealth, so that people might call them generous.

[b]Ans: Sujood ash-Shukr is a prostration which is performed for Allaah, in order to show Shukr (thanks and gratitude) to Him for a specific blessing.

When is it performed?

No doubt every blessing is from Allaah. He said,

{Whatever you have of blessing – it is from Allah} [16:53]

However Sujood ash-Shukr is not performed for blessings in general, rather it is only performed for a specific blessing at a specific time – such as a person being blessed with the birth of their child, getting a job or passing an exam. It can also be performed when a specific harm is alleviated from a person – such as being cured from an illness or being saved from calamity.

How it is performed

As soon as a person hears of a specific blessing, it is recommended for him to immediately prostrate to Allaah. This is a prostration like any other prostration – in terms of prostrating on seven limbs [4] and saying:

"Subhana Robiyal 'ala" (Glorified is my Lord, the Most High)

A person should then also thank Allaah for the blessing.
[/b]

Ans: It's wrong doing that and obviously, it's an innovation to how Rosuul llahi (SAW) performed ablution.

"A desert Arab came to Allah's Apostle and asked him about ablution. He demonstrated (washing each part of his body) thrice, and then said: That is (the method)of the ablution. And he who does more than this has done wrong, transgressed the limit and has oppressed (himself)"

[Ref: Tirmidhi #417, Transmitted by Nasa'i, Ibn Majah, and AbuDawud transmitted something to the same effect ]

Ans: This is also an innovation. There is no record or whatsoever saying shahadah after iqamah

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Akinkunmi0777(m): 6:46pm On Jun 30, 2016
1) Which Day is known as Yawm-ul-
Khurooj? Al-khurooj means emergence.
Yawm-ul-Khurooj is called the day
of emergence, because that is
when we will emerge from our
graves. Allah says: “The Day they will hear
the blast [of the Horn] in truth.
That is the Day of Emergence
[from the graves] [yawm al-
khurooj].” (50:42) 2) An individual that posses 3 fine
qualities has attained sweetness of
faith, they are? i)The one to whom Allah and His
Messenger become dearer than
anything else.
ii)Who loves a person and he
loves him only for Allah’s sake.
iii)Who hates to revert to disbelief (Atheism)after Allah has brought
(saved) him out from it, as he
hates to be thrown in fire Sahih Al Bukhari Vol. 1, Book 2,
No. 21 3) The fire will be kindled, first with 3
sets of persons.. What are the
qualities of these people? “From Abu Hurayrah, who said, “I
heard the Messenger of Allah say, ‘ Verily, the first to be judged on
the Day of Resurrection will be a
man who had died as a martyr. He
will be brought forward. Allah will
remind him of the favours He had
bestowed upon him and the man will acknowledge them. Then He
will ask him: `What did you do to
express gratitude for it?’ The man
will reply: `I fought for Your Cause
till I was martyred.’ Allah will say:
`You have lied. You fought so that people might call you courageous;
and they have done so.’ Command
will then be issued about him and
he will be dragged on his face and
thrown into Hell. Next a man who had acquired and
imparted knowledge and read the
Qur’an will be brought forward,
Allah will remind him of the
favours He had bestowed upon
him and the man will acknowledge them. Then He will ask him: `What
did you do to express gratitude for
it?’ The man will reply: `I acquired
knowledge and taught it, and read
the Qur’an for Your sake.’ Allah
will say to him: `You have lied. You acquired knowledge so that
people might call you a learned
(man), and you read the Qur’an so
that they might call you a reciter,
and they have done so.’ Command
will then be issued about him, and he will be dragged on his face and
thrown into Hell. Next a man whom Allah had made
affluent and to whom Allah had
given plenty of wealth, will be
brought forward, Allah will remind
him of the favours He had
bestowed upon him and the man will acknowledge them. He will ask
him: `What did you do to express
gratitude for it?’ The man will
reply: `I did not neglect any of the
ways You liked wealth to be
spend liberally for Your sake’. Allah will say to him: `You have
lied. You did it so that people
might call you generous, and they
have done so.’ Command will then
be issued about him and he will be
dragged on his face and thrown into Hell.” 4) What's Sujood Shukr, when and
how's it done? Sujood ash-Shukr is a prostration which is done for Allaah, in order
to show thanks and gratitude to
Him for a specific blessing. It comprises of one prostration,
and none of the preconditions
needed for prayer are stipulated
for it. So it is like sujood at-
tilaawah, they both have the
same ruling. Neither of them have a precondition such as being in a
state of purification, facing the
qiblah, making the takbeer,
making the tasleem, and so on.
Rather, if he is surprised by some
blessing, he prostrates immediately the way he is and
praises Allaah with whatever
(words) he can for that blessing
that He gave him, out of thanks to
Him. 5a) He finished his ablution, puts his
finger in his mouth then raised it to
the skies before uttering the
Shaadah...... Anything wrong with
this? It is unislamic because there is no
evidence to support this
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 30, 2016
Wizeboy:

Answer

Day of Judgment

Answer

1) When one loves Allah and His Prophet, more than he loves anyone else.

2) When one loves another person, for nothing but for the sake of Allah.

3)When one hates to return to infidelity (Kufr ), as much as he dislikes to be thrown into fire.

Answer

I) Those who had died as martyrs, but fought so that people might call them courageous.

II) Those who had acquired and imparted knowledge and read the Qur’an, but acquired the knowledge so that people might call them learned, read the Qur’an so that they might call them reciter.

III) Those whom Allah had made affluent and to whom Allah had given plenty of wealth, so that people might call them generous

Answer

Sajdah Shukr (Prostration of thankfulness). It is done in order to thank Allah after getting over a disaster or catastrophe. First of all after taking ablution, you say the opening takbir (iftitah takbir-Allahu Akbar) and after conveying your thanks and praises to Allah, you stand up again to Qiyam (standing) saying “Allahu akbar”. It is prescribed for anything that makes one happy, whether it is attaining some benefit or warding off some harm. This Sajdah is done often by the Prophet (saw).

"Abu Bakr said that when the Prophet (pbuh) heard any news that made him glad, he would fall down prostrating to Allah, may He be exalted." (Nasai, Tirmidi)

Answer

"A desert Arab came to Allah's Apostle and asked him about ablution. He demonstrated (washing each part of his body) thrice, and then said: That is (the method)of the ablution. And he who does more than this has done wrong, transgressed the limit and has oppressed (himself)"

The above Hadith made it clear that it's wrong doing that and obviously, it's an innovation to what Rosuul llahi (SAW) performed ablution.

5b) The Muhaddhin finished the Iqamah, as normal with لا إله إلا الله then added the Shaadah....... Anything wrong with this

Answer

There is no evidence for such which means it's wrong

?
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Akinkunmi0777(m): 8:22pm On Jun 30, 2016
5b) there is no evidence for it, it is not compulsory to said it after salat.
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Akinkunmi0777(m): 8:23pm On Jun 30, 2016
5b) there is no evidence for it, it is not compulsory to said it after iqamah.
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 01, 2016
May Allah (SWT) give us the best in this world and the best in the here-after and save us from the punishment of Jahannam.

May Allah forgive our sins, substitute our wrong doings with good deeds, and count us among the righteous at the time of death.

May Allah grant our desires, increase us in worship, and put us not to shame on the day of Judgement.
(Aameen Ya Allah)

Jummah Mubarak
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Wizeboy(m): 8:31am On Jul 01, 2016
DAY TWENTY-TWO QUIZ ANSWERS - 25th Ramadan 1437

The Day of Resurrection 

(Sahih Muslim, The Book of Faith
Book 1, Hadith 72).
i) He to whom Allah and His Messenger are dearer than all else,

ii) He who loves a man for Allah's sake alone, and 

iii) He who has as great abhorrence of returning to unbelief after Allah has rescued him from it as he has of being cast into Hell

(Sahih Muslim, The Book on Government, Book 33, Hadith 218).
i) The man who died as a matyr, but did it so that people would refer to him as courageous.

ii) A man who had acquired and imparted knowledge and learned the Qur'an so that people may call him learned.

iii) A man who ALLAH had made affluent and with plenty of wealth but who gave to people so that he could be called generous.

Sujood Shukr is the Prostration of Gratitude done when an individual is is surprised by some blessing from Allah. 

It comprises of one prostration, and none of the preconditions needed for prayer are stipulated for it. So it is like sujood at-tilaawah (recitation of the Quran), they both have the same ruling. 

Neither of them have a precondition such as being in a state of purification, facing the qiblah, making the takbeer, making the tasleem.

It's wrong because there's no basis for this act in the Shariah, the Shaadah is pronounced without putting the finger in the mouth and raising it to the skies. 

It's wrong because what's legislated is to pronounce the Iqamah and stop at لا إله إلا الله. 

Day Twenty-Two Quiz Participants 

dejt4u 
Drniyi4u
daprince098
baba11
Akinkunmi0777
superwitboss
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by baba11(m): 8:34am On Jul 01, 2016
Ma sha Allah!
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Wizeboy(m): 5:23pm On Jul 01, 2016
DAY TWENTY-THREE QUIZ: 26th Ramadan 1437

1) Which of the Companions is known as the Friend of the Night? 

2) "O Allah, give him a deep understanding of the religion of Islam and instruct him in the meaning and interpretation of things."......... This was the Prophet's Dua for who? 

3) The Keepers of the Fire will ask the disbelievers " Didn't Allah send to you a warner?"............. What will be their replies?

4a) What's our Sibghah (صِبْغَةً)?

4b) Which 2 Prophets of Allah are known as the "Sacrificed ones"?

5) He said; 
رَبِّ اجْعَلْ هَذَا الْبَلَدَ ‏آمِنًا‏
“‘My Lord, make this land secure”......... Who's He and what's the Land?
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Drniyi4u(m): 5:24pm On Jul 01, 2016
Wizeboy:

Abdullah bin Abi Quhafa (R.A)

2) "O Allah, give him a deep understanding of the religion of Islam and instruct him in the meaning and interpretation of things."......... This was the Prophet's Dua for who? 

Abdullah ibn Abbas (R.A)

3) The Keepers of the Fire will ask the disbelievers " Didn't Allah send to you a warner?"............. What will be their replies?

It almost bursts with rage. Every time a company is thrown into it, its keepers ask them, "Did there not come to you a warner?"

They will say, "Yes, a warner had come to us, but we denied and said, ' Allah has not sent down anything. You are not but in great error.' "

And they will say, "If only we had been listening or reasoning, we would not be among the companions of the Blaze."

Q67:8-10

“The sibghah of Allah” – Ibn ‘Abbaas said in the narration of al-Kalbi, as did Qataadah and al-Hasan: [it means] the deen of Allah, and it is only called sibghah [dye, coloring] because the effects of the deen manifestly appear on one who adheres to the deen just as the effects of the dyes manifestly appear on the clothing.

[Tafsir al-Baghawi 1/158]

Prophet Ismail (A.S)
Prophet Isa (A.S)

5) He said; 

Prophet Ibrahim (A.S)

Makkah
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by dejt4u(m): 5:24pm On Jul 01, 2016
Wizeboy:

Abdullah bin Abi Quhafa

Abdullah Ibn Abbas RA

They will say: “Yes, indeed a warner did come to us, but we belied him and said: ‘Allah never sent down anything (of revelation); you are only in great error.’“

And they will say: “Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we would not have been among the dwellers of the blazing Fire!”

Quran67:8-10

Our Sibghah (religion) is the Sibghah (Religion) of Allah and which Sibghah (religion) can be better than Allah's? And we are His worshippers.

Q2:138

Prophet Isa
Prophet Ismail
Prophet

5) He said; 

Prophet Ibrahim

Holy city Makkah
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by superwitboss: 5:28pm On Jul 01, 2016
Wizeboy:

Abdullah ibn Umar (RA)

Abdullah ibn Abbas (RA)

They will say," Yes, a warner had come to us, but we denied and said, ' Allah has not sent down anything. You are not but in great error. Q 67:8

Islam

Prophet Isa and Ismael (RA)

5) He said; 

He is Prophet Ibrahim(pbuh) and the city is Mecca
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by daprince098(m): 5:36pm On Jul 01, 2016
Wizeboy:

Ans: Abdullah ibn Quhafa (Abu bakr sideeq)

Ans: Abdullah Ibn Abbas RA

Ans: They will say: “Yes, indeed a warner did come to us, but we belied him and said: ‘Allah never sent down anything (of revelation); you are only in great error.’“ And they will say: “Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we would not have been among the dwellers of the blazing Fire!” (Quran 67:8-10)

Ans: [Our Sibghah (religion) is] the Sibghah (Religion) of Allah (Islam) and which Sibghah (religion) can be better than Allah's? And we are His worshippers. (Q2:138)

Ans: Prophet Ismael and prophet Eesa (AS)

5) He said; 

Ans: Prophet Ibrahim (AS), City of Mecca.

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by baba11(m): 5:47pm On Jul 01, 2016

Abdullah bin Abi Quḥafa ( Abu Bakr )

2.......Abdullah ibn Abass R.A

They will say: “Yes, indeed a warner did come to
us, but we belied him and said: ‘Allah never sent
down anything (of revelation); you are only in
great error.’“
And they will say: “Had we but listened or used
our intelligence, we would not have been among
the dwellers of the blazing Fire!”
Quran67:8-10

4........ “The sibghah of Allah” – Ibn ‘Abbaas said in the
narration of al-Kalbi, as did Qataadah and al-
Hasan: [it means] the deen of Allah, and it is only
called sibghah [dye, coloring] because the effects
of the deen manifestly appear on one who adheres
to the deen just as the effects of the dyes
manifestly appear on the clothing.

5a......PROPHET ISA $ ISMAEL (A.S)

5b.......PROPHET IBRAHEEM (A.S);MECCA
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 01, 2016
Wizeboy:

5) He said; 
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 01, 2016
Wizeboy:

Answers

Abdullah bin Abi Quḥafa ( Abu Bakr )

Answer

Abdullah Ibn Abbas

Answer

They will say: “Yes, indeed a warner did come to us, but we belied him and said: ‘Allah never sent down anything (of revelation); you are only in great error.’“ And they will say: “Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we would not have been among the dwellers of the blazing Fire!”
(Quran 67:8-10)

Answer

Our singhah is to follow Allah, and it is His deen , and to establish it in the correct way and in its totality, with all of its acts – both outwardly and inwardly – and with all of its beliefs during all times, until it becomes like a sibghah [dye, coloring] for us and one of our attributes. So then when it is one of our attributes, that mandates that we would conform to its commands in obedience, by our own choice and loving to do so.

Answer

Ismail and Essa

5) He said; 
“‘My Lord, make this land secure”......... Who's He and what's the Land

Answer

It was Prophet Ibrahim (A.S)

The land was City of Mecca

?
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Akinkunmi0777(m): 6:47pm On Jul 01, 2016
Answers loading
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Akinkunmi0777(m): 6:49pm On Jul 01, 2016
1) Which of the Companions is
known as the Friend of the Night? Answers Abdullah bin Abi Quḥafa ( Abu
Bakr ) 2) "O Allah, give him a deep
understanding of the religion of
Islam and instruct him in the
meaning and interpretation of
things."......... This was the
Prophet's Dua for who? Answer Abdullah Ibn Abbas 3) The Keepers of the Fire will ask
the disbelievers " Didn't Allah send
to you a warner?"............. What will
be their replies? Answer They will say: “Yes, indeed a
warner did come to us, but we
belied him and said: ‘Allah never
sent down anything (of revelation);
you are only in great error.’“ And
they will say: “Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we would
not have been among the dwellers
of the blazing Fire!”
(Quran 67:8-10) 4a) What's our Sibghah (ﺻِﺒْﻐَﺔً )? Answer Our singhah is to follow Allah, and
it is His deen , and to establish it in
the correct way and in its totality,
with all of its acts – both outwardly
and inwardly – and with all of its
beliefs during all times, until it becomes like a sibghah [dye,
coloring] for us and one of our
attributes. So then when it is one
of our attributes, that mandates
that we would conform to its
commands in obedience, by our own choice and loving to do so. 4b) Which 2 Prophets of Allah are
known as the "Sacrificed ones"? Answer Ismail and Essa

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Daily Ramadan Midnight Nafilats / From A Model To Islam - Joy From Delta State Convert To Islam / Exhumed Corpse Of Woman Who Died 4Years Ago Shocks Ibadan Residents.Graphic Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.