Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Why Are Women With Kids Frowned Upon! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Women With Kids Frowned Upon! (2884 Views)

African Women With Big Butts, Oyinbo Ladies Would Die Of Jealousy / Why Are Women So Emotional? / Are Women Intimidated By Attractive Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Women With Kids Frowned Upon! by LuvAfrican(f): 4:17pm On Aug 26, 2009
[b]I NEED SOME SERIOUS FRIENDLY AND HONEST ADVICE, what is the real reason men are afraid to marry a women that has children, Brief summer: I was married for ten years to an African American man, at some point he became lazy and decided that he wanted to be a house dad, while I bring home the bacon and cook it too, well I struggle with the thought of divorce because at this point, we had three children. However, after being separated for a while, I met an African and fell head over hills with this man, no offense to my AA brothers, but after this guy, I didn’t even want to look at an African American man anymore….And still don’t….Well we were together for 4years strong and then somewhere he fell off and decided that he no longer wanted to be faithful. This is after we had a kid together, so in conclusion, what went wrong My heart tells me he may have realized that he bit off more than he could chew, I don’t know but it seems that women with kids are frowned upon…….why is this??   Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Why Are Women With Kids Frowned Upon! by candylips(m): 4:28pm On Aug 26, 2009
ok over to the paliament
Re: Why Are Women With Kids Frowned Upon! by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 26, 2009
Who wants second-hand when there are new ones all over ? grin

Sorry. Dint mean to offend you. But no man wants the extra baggage. They'll rather be with a woman who they r sure her first child is theirs. I dont want to marry a man with kids myself!! undecided
Re: Why Are Women With Kids Frowned Upon! by candylips(m): 5:37pm On Aug 26, 2009
very good answer uju. next person . . . .
Re: Why Are Women With Kids Frowned Upon! by mecussey(m): 5:52pm On Aug 26, 2009
lol, Ujunwa; na wao, one girl call me Mr. Blunt, you should be Mrs. Blunt; you went straight to the point
Re: Why Are Women With Kids Frowned Upon! by LuvAfrican(f): 6:19pm On Aug 26, 2009
Thanks for the replies…, However, there are different situations in life SO EVERY WOMAN WITH KIDS SHOULDN'T BE ABASHED!!!!!! Immature minds will think just as you are, for the record I been with my husband since the age of seventeen, so my kids are the result of an 11 year marriage. Regretfully, things didn’t work-out…, Anyway, good luck and again thanks for the replies, I’m way to mature TO INTERTAIN NON SENSE THE ONLY RESASON I ASK WAS FOR MATURE HELPFUL ADVICE,
Re: Why Are Women With Kids Frowned Upon! by zugoboss(m): 10:16pm On Aug 26, 2009
U said u needed opinions & someone gave u one & u're pissed off so what do u really want? Assuming u were the one will u get married to a second hand woman that has been married for over 10yrs with kids? when there are lots of fresh young ladies out there only a widower or divorcee will do that plus the kids which are extra burden.Truth is bitter
Re: Why Are Women With Kids Frowned Upon! by GEW: 11:02pm On Aug 26, 2009
zugoboss:

U said u needed opinions & someone gave u one & u're pissed off so what do u really want? Assuming u were the one will u get married to a second hand woman that has been married for over 10yrs with kids? when there are lots of fresh young ladies out there only a widower or divorcee will do that plus the kids which are extra burden.Truth is bitter
you must know there are so many alleged "fresh young ladies" who are worse and worn out more than 11yrs married woman.

there are many singles out there without manners so being fresh is not necessarily a plus for many bad singles. ok she has evidence johny and jamal has been there but so is your childless tracey and sandra with even her share of 3 johnys and 4 richards with some abortion badges to match.

i personally dont like having to explain "little stephen and rebecca is not mine" but there should be more to a woman than having a pair of child bearing hips.
Ujujoan:

Who wants second-hand when there are new ones all over ? grin

Sorry. Dint mean to offend you. But no man wants the extra baggage. They'll rather be with a woman who they r sure her first child is theirs. I dont want to marry a man with kids myself!! undecided
uju, even by your standard this was bad. you know many useless singles out there who are twelth hand if not thirty something hand.

haba where are the new ones? truth be told this is cruel and vicious.
Re: Why Are Women With Kids Frowned Upon! by Omode: 1:41am On Aug 27, 2009
Am not especially gonna nsr the question, but I think african ppl on this site are especially rude to outsiders. If we are to appear civilized to the outside world; we should learn to practice diplomacy and etiquitte. At poster am sorry for your misfortune, but one man behavior does not speak for everyone. Good luck with your search for happiness.
Re: Why Are Women With Kids Frowned Upon! by follypimpi(m): 1:45am On Aug 27, 2009
Sometimes sum dude get scared of the baby dad's someone of them get pretty crazy sometimes.
Re: Why Are Women With Kids Frowned Upon! by achinu(m): 1:59am On Aug 27, 2009
LuvAfrican:

[b]I NEED SOME SERIOUS FRIENDLY AND HONEST ADVICE, what is the real reason men are afraid to marry a women that has children, Brief summer: I was married for ten years to an African American man, at some point he became lazy and decided that he wanted to be a house dad, while I bring home the bacon and cook it too, well I struggle with the thought of divorce because at this point, we had three children. However, after being separated for a while, I met an African and fell head over hills with this man, no offense to my AA brothers, but after this guy, I didn’t even want to look at an African American man anymore….And still don’t….Well we were together for 4years strong and then somewhere he fell off and decided that he no longer wanted to be faithful. This is after we had a kid together, so in conclusion, what went wrong My heart tells me he may have realized that he bit off more than he could chew, I don’t know but it seems that women with kids are frowned upon…….why is this??   Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

The african culture compared to the western culture from my experience does not readily accept women with kids whether the members on the forum agree or not. It takes a certain type of individual to love someone another individual child like it's theirs. I personally have dated a single mom with a child, children in a relationship changes the dynamics of the relation. I've seen it over & over, can a relationship like that workout? Absolutely! But it takes a lot of commitment
Re: Why Are Women With Kids Frowned Upon! by Donvilo(m): 2:11am On Aug 27, 2009
@Poster. That's not true. It's just that here in africa, some men tend to go for ladies who hasn't been 'touched' yet rather than their opposite counterparts. But a man who really loves and cares for a woman won't really mind if she is a second-hand or not. Cos' he knows what he wants.
Re: Why Are Women With Kids Frowned Upon! by Nobody: 2:17am On Aug 27, 2009
However, after being separated for a while, I met an African and fell head over hills with this man, no offense to my AA brothers, but after this guy, I didn’t even want to look at an African American man anymore….And still don’t….

na so dem mojo reach?

ie African men have this kind of mojo?

Interesting!

no wonder the likes of Mandingo are up in arms against these Africans snatching all his their women.
Re: Why Are Women With Kids Frowned Upon! by kellorah: 3:58am On Aug 27, 2009
Cos ur child/ren will always come first in ur life and they're not able to ompete with that; and they obviously don't want to share u with someone else. . . . .esp; if it's another man's kid/s!

And their father will always be in ur life, as long as he's in his kids'. That means ur current boo bumping into ur ex when ur ex comes to take the kid/s out, etc.
Re: Why Are Women With Kids Frowned Upon! by stilletos: 6:41am On Aug 27, 2009
zugoboss:

In the spirit of sportsmanship saying it as it is and not getting pissed, your profile pic is bleeping wierd man!
And pple pple. . .show the lady some respect. 2nd hand is for clothes and commodities. . .Perhaps a more diplomatic term would be "women with baggage."

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women With Kids Frowned Upon! by na2day2(m): 6:50am On Aug 27, 2009
LuvAfrican:

one word, [size=60pt]"DRAMA!" [/size]
Re: Why Are Women With Kids Frowned Upon! by LuvAfrican(f): 7:04am On Aug 27, 2009
Thanks to all with at least a sensible point of view, Big thanks to all with positive insight on my situation, I do understand things a lot better now, In addition I’m not in opposition to truthful opinions…However, it goes back to the old saying, if you don’t have anything significant to say, then don’t comment at all…An educated individual can express themselves in an intellectual manner…Rudeness is a sign of ignorance …as women we should elevate each other not tantalize one another…….again thanks to all
Re: Why Are Women With Kids Frowned Upon! by whitelexi(m): 7:27am On Aug 27, 2009
What they don't know is!
The bullshit, the drama (uhh), the guns, the armour (what?)
The city, the farmer, the babies, the mama (what?!)
The projects, the drugs (uhh!), the children, the thugs
(uhh!) The tears, the hugs, the love, the slugs (c'mon!)
The funerals, the wakes, the churches, the coffins (uhh!)
The heartbroken mothers, it happens, too often (why?!)
The problems, the things, we use, to solve 'em (what?!)
Yonkers, the Bronx (uhh!), Brooklyn, Harlem (c'mon!)
The hurt, the pain, the dirt, the rain (uhh!)
The jerk, the fame, the work, the game (uhh!)
The friends, the foes, the Benz, the hoes (what?!)
The studios, the shows, comes, and it goes (c'mon!)
The jealousy, the envy, the phony, the friendly (uh-huh!)
The one that gave 'em the slugs, the one that put 'em in me
(whoo!) The snakes, the grass, too long, to see (uhh, uhh!)
The lawnmower, sittin, right next, to the tree (c'mon!)
Re: Why Are Women With Kids Frowned Upon! by AIRMARSHA: 8:22am On Aug 27, 2009
excess bagage
Re: Why Are Women With Kids Frowned Upon! by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 27, 2009
LuvAfrican:

@poster
please dont take it the wrong way but the fact that this second guy left you has absolutely nothing to do with being a single mother because if it were he wouldnt have gotten you pregnant.(this is simple mathematics)
you have to look at other avenues for he reason of him leaving you. . . . . . . . .  having children from a previous marriage aint it.
what went wrong is that, like in any relationship out there(single motyher or not), these guys decided that they didnt want to be faithful/with you any longer.
as harsh as it may sound,the reason could be anything, it could be that you are a very difficult person to live with or that you changed drastically over the years or just that they wanted something more that you couldnt offer them. before looking at what flaw THEY may have, you might also want to look at what flaw YOU may have.
the fact that it happened to you shouldnt be a reason to believe that all men frown upon single mothers and if it is REALLY a big deal then go find single fathers to date. . . . . . . .problem solved!
ps: just my humble opinion.
Re: Why Are Women With Kids Frowned Upon! by whitelexi(m): 11:26am On Aug 27, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
please dont take it the wrong way but the fact that this second guy left you has absolutely nothing to do with being a single mother because if it were he wouldnt have gotten you pregnant.(this is simple mathematics)
you have to look at other avenues for he reason of him leaving you. . . . . . . . . having children from a previous marriage aint it.
what went wrong is that, like in any relationship out there(single motyher or not), these guys decided that they didnt want to be faithful/with you any longer.
as harsh as it may sound,the reason could be anything, it could be that you are a very difficult person to live with or that you changed drastically over the years or just that they wanted something more that you couldnt offer them. before looking at what flaw THEY may have, you might also want to look at what flaw YOU may have.
the fact that it happened to you shouldnt be a reason to believe that all men frown upon single mothers and if it is REALLY a big deal then go find single fathers to date. . . . . . . .problem solved!
ps: just my humble opinion.

GBAM! grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Women With Kids Frowned Upon! by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 27, 2009
LuvAfrican:

Thanks for the replies…, However, there are different situations in life SO EVERY WOMAN WITH KIDS SHOULDN'T BE ABASHED!!!!!! Immature minds will think just as you are, for the record I been with my husband since the age of seventeen, so my kids are the result of an 11 year marriage. Regretfully, things didn’t work-out…, Anyway, good luck and again thanks for the replies, I’m way to mature TO INTERTAIN NON SENSE THE ONLY RESASON I ASK WAS FOR MATURE HELPFUL ADVICE,

You might think what I said was immature, but its the harsh reality. Its good for you, you had a good marraige but lost it, you expect every man to beleive it was your ex's fault? Even if you were right, most men wont want to take the chances.

Why do you think Men dont want to marry single women in their mid/late 30s. Nobody wants someone who they think have been rejected by others. And then imagine if she has children!!

I'm a lady, single one at that, so I'm totally on your side. But we have to face the truth okay?
Re: Why Are Women With Kids Frowned Upon! by GEW: 6:43pm On Aug 27, 2009
Ujujoan:

You might think what I said was immature, but its the harsh reality. Its good for you, you had a good marraige but lost it, you expect every man to beleive it was your ex's fault? Even if you were right, most men wont want to take the chances.

Why do you think Men dont want to marry single women in their mid/late 30s. Nobody wants someone who they think have been rejected by others. And then imagine if she has children!!

I'm a lady, single one at that, so I'm totally on your side. But we have to face the truth okay?
pls leave the woman alone-*-. there are many childless single women who are of no good to themselves and society. this lady was once single without any child. nobody knows tomorrow. if all you bring into a relationship is you dont have a child but have slept on many beds as river niger cam accomodate what good is that?

do i suspect u dont know any rejected childless songles?

stop over flogging this singleness especially knowing what you know. last time i checked kids were not some new virus.
Re: Why Are Women With Kids Frowned Upon! by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 27, 2009
This is because in African culture men prefer to marry virgins.
Re: Why Are Women With Kids Frowned Upon! by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 27, 2009
Besides no man wants to carry another man's burden on his head.
Re: Why Are Women With Kids Frowned Upon! by chei: 12:05am On Aug 28, 2009
The people who frown upon them are useless human beings.
Re: Why Are Women With Kids Frowned Upon! by SeanT21(f): 12:31am On Aug 28, 2009
tensor777:

which culture be this??LOL.
Re: Why Are Women With Kids Frowned Upon! by daduke2k(m): 12:47am On Aug 28, 2009
Ah , uju take am easy. @poster, its nt ur fault milady, times are changing and people change wit time. So just kip searchin u wil find. Ciao.
Re: Why Are Women With Kids Frowned Upon! by Magz(m): 1:16am On Aug 28, 2009
I actually prefer a woman with children

And this is not just because I am a parent myself

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women With Kids Frowned Upon! by Magz(m): 1:19am On Aug 28, 2009
kellorah:

Cos your child/ren will always come first in your life and they're not able to ompete with that; and they obviously don't want to share u with someone else. . . . .esp; if it's another man's kid/s!

And their father will always be in your life, as long as he's in his kids'. That means your current boo bumping into your ex when your ex comes to take the kid/s out, etc.

Great answers, btw tho
Re: Why Are Women With Kids Frowned Upon! by na2day2(m): 2:10am On Aug 28, 2009
tensor777:

the joke of the century grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Women With Kids Frowned Upon! by Joseph6(m): 2:22am On Aug 28, 2009
Its frowned upon now buh in dose dayz it was d in-thing. . . . .lykwise d nearest future. In ameruca now gettin knocked up is d new and natural boobs implant wats next?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Things Every Woman Should Demand From A Man / Why Do Ladies Say "thank U" When Their Bf Tell Them "i Luv U" On Phone? / Every Womans Dream Guy Must Be Tall, Handsome, Intelligent And Rich WHY?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.