Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Shell Rules Out Repair Of Damaged Oil Facility - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shell Rules Out Repair Of Damaged Oil Facility (18044 Views)

Photos Of Damaged Doors As DSS Attempted To Arrest Judges / Militants Blow Up NPDC Oil Facility In Delta / Militants Launch "Operation Crocodile Tears", Blow Another Oil Facility In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Rules Out Repair Of Damaged Oil Facility by pedrilo: 10:31am On Jun 08, 2016
ganisucks:
Silly excuses. Get back †̥♥ work.
go and help them do d work na. super woman. if NDA no go use ur head drink garri

1 Like

Re: Shell Rules Out Repair Of Damaged Oil Facility by belente(m): 10:39am On Jun 08, 2016
This is a big lesson to nigerians. Another time elect a bigot as a leader. E.g kwankWaso or el-rufi

1 Like

Re: Shell Rules Out Repair Of Damaged Oil Facility by chimah3(m): 10:49am On Jun 08, 2016
rottennaija:

Their problem today will become your problem tomorrow

I send back your evil prayers to you bro!! Enjoy!! I ain got no problems...and never will!!
Re: Shell Rules Out Repair Of Damaged Oil Facility by rottennaija(m): 11:56am On Jun 08, 2016
chimah3:

I send back your evil prayers to you bro!! Enjoy!! I ain got no problems...and never will!!

Learn to allow other people's problem be your problem too, do not be happy that another person have a problem. Because the world is spherical
Re: Shell Rules Out Repair Of Damaged Oil Facility by ripbubu: 12:06pm On Jun 08, 2016
naijainform:
Royal Dutch Shell, the largest oil producing company in Nigeria, which has suffered series of attacks on its 48-inch Forcados export pipeline that links onshore storage tanks with an offshore port, has ruled out the repair of the pipeline for now.

The Chief Financial Officer of Royal Dutch Shell Plc, Mr. Simon Henry, while noting that the various attacks on the oil facilities in the Niger Delta region were signs of alarm among foreign oil companies, pointed out that in the past, energy companies could repair pipelines after attacks, but recent attacks were more destructive than in the past.

Henry said: “We cannot operate or repair if our people are threatened. It is not possible at this time. In the past, energy companies were able to repair pipelines after attacks, barring a few exceptions deep into the region’s swamps and creeks. The attacks are more destructive than in the past.”

Meanwhile, oil prices, on Tuesday, rose with Brent reaching a near eight-month high in what energy experts attributed to the unrest in Nigeria as well as owing to dollar weakness.

Benchmark oil Brent North Sea crude reached $51.08 a barrel, the highest level since October 12. Around 13:20, Brent for delivery in August was slightly off the high at $51.04 but still a rise of 49 cents compared with Monday’s close. US benchmark West Texas Intermediate for July delivery gained 41c to $50.10 a barrel.

Chief analyst at Commodities SEB Markets, Bjarne Schieldrop, said: “The loss of supply from Nigeria is highly important on several accounts. For one it of course helps to tighten up the market. Secondly, Nigeria’s crude is light and sweet and thus of a comparable quality to Brent crude.”

https://www.today.ng/news/national/134145/rules-repair-damaged-oil-facility
sweet news grin grin grin
Re: Shell Rules Out Repair Of Damaged Oil Facility by DauraDullard0(m): 12:14pm On Jun 08, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
Nigeria, the land of majority evil minded people, and very few good people.

Why are Nigerians so wicked minded?
Mechie onu!

Amala ati Ewedu gobbling miscreant... I've never seen you make any positive comment on this forum. I wonder why irritants like you are allowed to come here and constitute nuisance to decent people.
Re: Shell Rules Out Repair Of Damaged Oil Facility by chimah3(m): 12:46pm On Jun 08, 2016
rottennaija:

Learn to allow other people's problem be your problem too, do not be happy that another person have a problem. Because the world is spherical

I dash everyone's problem to you!! Mr. Problem carrier. Enjoy alone...not interested !!
Re: Shell Rules Out Repair Of Damaged Oil Facility by elisra(m): 1:37pm On Jun 08, 2016
worksmart:
Get some sense, Power outages and fuel scarcity does know about 5%
if the fg is broke they cannot mount a brutal offensive.
Re: Shell Rules Out Repair Of Damaged Oil Facility by Kakamorufu(m): 2:28pm On Jun 08, 2016
Reyus:
who Shell epp?
my family
Re: Shell Rules Out Repair Of Damaged Oil Facility by jpphilips(m): 3:22pm On Jun 08, 2016
naijainform:
Royal Dutch Shell, the largest oil producing company in Nigeria, which has suffered series of attacks on its 48-inch Forcados export pipeline that links onshore storage tanks with an offshore port, has ruled out the repair of the pipeline for now.

The Chief Financial Officer of Royal Dutch Shell Plc, Mr. Simon Henry, while noting that the various attacks on the oil facilities in the Niger Delta region were signs of alarm among foreign oil companies, pointed out that in the past, energy companies could repair pipelines after attacks, but recent attacks were more destructive than in the past.

Henry said: “We cannot operate or repair if our people are threatened. It is not possible at this time. In the past, energy companies were able to repair pipelines after attacks, barring a few exceptions deep into the region’s swamps and creeks. The attacks are more destructive than in the past.”

Meanwhile, oil prices, on Tuesday, rose with Brent reaching a near eight-month high in what energy experts attributed to the unrest in Nigeria as well as owing to dollar weakness.

Benchmark oil Brent North Sea crude reached $51.08 a barrel, the highest level since October 12. Around 13:20, Brent for delivery in August was slightly off the high at $51.04 but still a rise of 49 cents compared with Monday’s close. US benchmark West Texas Intermediate for July delivery gained 41c to $50.10 a barrel.

Chief analyst at Commodities SEB Markets, Bjarne Schieldrop, said: “The loss of supply from Nigeria is highly important on several accounts. For one it of course helps to tighten up the market. Secondly, Nigeria’s crude is light and sweet and thus of a comparable quality to Brent crude.”

https://www.today.ng/news/national/134145/rules-repair-damaged-oil-facility

Shell does not own the oil in the line, so they care less, anyways, tanker evacuation is still an option
Re: Shell Rules Out Repair Of Damaged Oil Facility by jpphilips(m): 3:24pm On Jun 08, 2016
elisra:
if the fg is broke they cannot mount a brutal offensive.

Every country borrows to fight war right?
Re: Shell Rules Out Repair Of Damaged Oil Facility by decomaniaboss(f): 4:13pm On Jun 08, 2016
Rose2014:

grin

I think He called the rest 97% grin

grin
yes yes !!! Our sherriffao said 97% grin grin grin( 97#5 is qual ) 100% hihihihihihihih grin ;Dna he be say patience beta naaa
Re: Shell Rules Out Repair Of Damaged Oil Facility by decomaniaboss(f): 4:16pm On Jun 08, 2016
Drsheddy:

Me cheesy
me too smiley
Re: Shell Rules Out Repair Of Damaged Oil Facility by Vulu: 4:35pm On Jun 08, 2016
mccoy47:
99 problems.

These are the things u get when you speak as a president without reasoning!
Calling the region that feeds Nigeria 5%!
Ok na. Chop the 95% grin grin

Buhari is only reaping what sowed and him and his family cannot finish paying for the evil seed of wickednesd that he has sown even after his death which will come natural and imminent.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Asaba Central Hospital And State Library Complex Projects By Okowa / Francesca Emmanuel Celebrates Her 83rd Birthday, Dances To Korede Bello's Music / Fire At The Civic Centre, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.