Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,038 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

FCC Seals Martin Elechi's Home In Ebonyi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FCC Seals Martin Elechi's Home In Ebonyi (22022 Views)

Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi / Martin Elechi Joins APC With 6000 Others In Ebonyi State / Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FCC Seals Martin Elechi's Home In Ebonyi by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 08, 2016
OPERATIVES of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) yesterday stormed Abakaliki, Ebonyi State capital and sealed off former governor Martin Elechi’s home while some of his henchmen allegedly went into hiding.

Daily Sun gathered that the officials of the anti- graft agency suspected to have come from the South East zonal office in Enugu arrived the state early yesterday and went straight to the ex-governor’s house at No 1, Okpara Street, in the state capital and sealed it off. An eyewitness said the commission’s operatives came in a Toyota Hiace bus and wore jackets with the inscription, EFCC.

The building was the first house Elechi built when he served as commissioner under the late Ukpabi Asika and was taken over by his second son who used it as a cyber café known as Prime Gate Cyber café.
However, many people believed that sealing off the building may be connected with series of petitions against Elechi bordering on misappropriation of funds and looting of the state treasury. As at the time of this report, some staunch members of the former governor cabinet were nervous especially the commissioners who handled major projects in the last administration.

Meanwhile, Governor David Umahi had said he would not go into probing the past administration but insisted that there should be accountability.
The operation of the EFCC was the second in the state after they had quizzed the Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Francis Nwifuru earlier this year.

http://sunnewsonline.com/efcc-storms-ebonyi-seals-off-elechis-home/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FCC Seals Martin Elechi's Home In Ebonyi by HungerBAD: 5:41pm On Jun 08, 2016
Kudos to this Government.

The Association of Town Criers on Nairaland,will soon start crying that this is a selective and vindictive action by the APC.

To my dear town Criers. Corruption and looting is not a political thing,if a man steals public fund,it is then our civic obligation to ensure that such person (s)are held accountable.

I know somebody childish here will mention Amaechi and Tinubu,pls if you have any proof against them,then please petition them to the EFCC.

This Government is working.

25 Likes

Re: FCC Seals Martin Elechi's Home In Ebonyi by Agunechemba1(m): 5:41pm On Jun 08, 2016
And Amaechi and Fashola's houses are open?

The fight against corruption would have been a wonderful thing if it wasn't just members of the opposition that are the victims.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FCC Seals Martin Elechi's Home In Ebonyi by stobery(m): 7:32pm On Jun 08, 2016
Ok so wen is the south south zonal office sealing up Amaechi's home?

I didnt know EFCC can be so fast in sealing off peoples homes, Amaechi's petition has been there for a year now

Its me Richidinho

12 Likes

Re: FCC Seals Martin Elechi's Home In Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jun 08, 2016
Are you sure?
Re: FCC Seals Martin Elechi's Home In Ebonyi by cnnamoko(m): 7:32pm On Jun 08, 2016
Hmmm
Re: FCC Seals Martin Elechi's Home In Ebonyi by Earth2Metahuman: 7:32pm On Jun 08, 2016
Another thief in net grin
Re: FCC Seals Martin Elechi's Home In Ebonyi by kingarizona1(m): 7:32pm On Jun 08, 2016
Agunechemba1:
This your source get as e be
undecided

1 Like

Re: FCC Seals Martin Elechi's Home In Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 08, 2016
Amazing

Remaining..Peter Geoffrey Obi
Followed by Theodore Orji

The East must be sanitised in Jesus Name. Amen

9 Likes

Re: FCC Seals Martin Elechi's Home In Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 08, 2016
Really Are you sure??
Re: FCC Seals Martin Elechi's Home In Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jun 08, 2016
Thank God oooo
Re: FCC Seals Martin Elechi's Home In Ebonyi by Realhommie(m): 7:34pm On Jun 08, 2016
Way to go....

In this era where stealing is not corruption we'll get our stolen yams back Godwillining.
Re: FCC Seals Martin Elechi's Home In Ebonyi by hisprinceship: 7:34pm On Jun 08, 2016
On 17th June 2015

Newspeakonline reported that former governor of Ebonyi State Martin Elechi, was being quizzed at the headquarters of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

Interrogators spent hours quizzing him over allegations that he made away with millions of state funds during his eight-year tenure.

Sources said more questions Elechi was forced to answer included those about the theft of millions of naira in the asphalt contract for the 13 Local Government Secretariats and Headquarters.

He was confronted with the fact that although his administration deducted money from the 13 LGAs, the asphalt plants have only been executed in six of the councils. Besides, he was questioned on why the contract was given to his son, Elechi Nnanna Elechi.

The former governor was also taken to task over the huge sum earmarked for the centenary celebration. Towards the celebration, a supervisory committee under the Commissioner for Local Government, Nwali, deducted the sum of N1 million from each of the 13 LG areas for the purchase and production of T-Shirts for the celebration but there was no evidence of T-shirts produced for the celebration.

Elechi was also asked to explain what he knew about issues arising from deductions from stabilization fund account of the state government for the financing of Labour party.

A concerned indigene of the state had in a petition told the EFCC that the governor Martin Elechi awarded contract to his family company managed by his son Nnanna. Contracts from the state and local government running into millions of naira which remain un-executed a month after the governor vacated Government House, Abakalaiki.

The anti-graft agency had previously invited and interrogated the permanent Secretary of the state Ministry of Works to answer questions while the trio of Igbele, Accountant General; Timothy Ogbonnaya Odaa, Commissioner for Finance, and Honourable Celestine Nwali, Commissioner for Local government and Chieftaincy Matters, had also being quizzed by operatives of the EFCC.

I stumbled upon this piece from
http://newspeakonline.com/questions-martin-elechi-struggled-to-answer-during-efcc-interrogation/

2 Likes

Re: FCC Seals Martin Elechi's Home In Ebonyi by ObiOkpor(m): 7:34pm On Jun 08, 2016
No cyber cafe was sealed off. I was there last night and this evening. That's where i do my online stuff. Why all this lies naw?
Who e epp?

9 Likes

Re: FCC Seals Martin Elechi's Home In Ebonyi by ElPadrino33: 7:35pm On Jun 08, 2016
Patiently waiting for the day they'll storm Bourdillon.
Re: FCC Seals Martin Elechi's Home In Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 08, 2016
Hmmm Jews and criminal mind lipsrsealed
Re: FCC Seals Martin Elechi's Home In Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 08, 2016
Elechi and TA Orji deserve to rot in jail.

And OkoroHausa too angry

3 Likes

Re: FCC Seals Martin Elechi's Home In Ebonyi by seunlayi(m): 7:35pm On Jun 08, 2016
Is that apc or PdP house?

1 Like

Re: FCC Seals Martin Elechi's Home In Ebonyi by seunlayi(m): 7:37pm On Jun 08, 2016
Until you started probing apc members before I will believe that the anti corruption war is on

3 Likes

Re: FCC Seals Martin Elechi's Home In Ebonyi by living2013(m): 7:37pm On Jun 08, 2016
Let the EFCC do a good job there and ensure that the looted funds are rescued.
Re: FCC Seals Martin Elechi's Home In Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jun 08, 2016
r
Re: FCC Seals Martin Elechi's Home In Ebonyi by Kingkamal(m): 7:39pm On Jun 08, 2016
Good thinking good product god bless pmb and magu and happy iftar
Re: FCC Seals Martin Elechi's Home In Ebonyi by IamQuins: 7:41pm On Jun 08, 2016
PDP don hear am........
Re: FCC Seals Martin Elechi's Home In Ebonyi by sammyj: 7:42pm On Jun 08, 2016
I hope sone wailers will not flood this thread ranting witch or wizard hunt!!! wink shocked grin
Re: FCC Seals Martin Elechi's Home In Ebonyi by truthspeaks: 7:42pm On Jun 08, 2016
Walahi, buhari shld hv contested for d position of efcc chairman n he wld hv won unopposed as he z fantastically incompetent in other aspects of governance. Wat do we do wit such cluelessness. Hmmm wat an 'amazing failure of a president' - Keneking

1 Like

Re: FCC Seals Martin Elechi's Home In Ebonyi by asatemple(f): 7:44pm On Jun 08, 2016
If the sealing will reduce the price of rice, go on with it.
Infact, may una come seal my small house
Re: FCC Seals Martin Elechi's Home In Ebonyi by chikel2000(m): 7:46pm On Jun 08, 2016
sammyj:
I hope sone wailers will not flood this thread ranting witch or wizard hunt!!! wink shocked grin
kids
Re: FCC Seals Martin Elechi's Home In Ebonyi by meeky007(m): 7:47pm On Jun 08, 2016
THANK GOD! ELECHI MUST RETURN OUR MONEY HE STOLE.
Re: FCC Seals Martin Elechi's Home In Ebonyi by oglalasioux(m): 7:48pm On Jun 08, 2016
The number 1 Okpara street house is an old dilapidated building so I'll presume EFCC is at the cyber café in pursuit of fraudsters. The former governor's son has choice properties at the elite Onwe Road. Why storm a building built almost 30 years ago?

OP please check your story again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which State(s) Do You Think Atiku Or Buhari Won't Make A 25%? / In The US Third-Party Vendors Issue Replacement Certificates - Omokri / Obasanjo Visits Alex Otti In Abia, Hails Him On Pension Law Repeal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.