Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,746 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP (18518 Views)

Martin Elechi Bowing To Greet Governor Umahi (Photo) / Onyekachi Elechi Is Dead. Martin Elechi's Son Dies (Photo) / Response To Martin Elechi's Careless Verbal Attacks On Umahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP by Bashirfuntua(m): 8:47pm On Apr 09, 2017
Immediate past governor of Ebonyi, Chief Martin Elechi on Sunday decamped to the All Progressive Congress from the Peoples Democratic Party.

Elechi, a two time governor of Ebony, registered for the APC at his country home in Echialike, Ikwo Local Government Area, in front of national party leaders.

The party leaders were in Abakaliki, the Ebonyi capital, for a thanksgiving church service for the recovery of President Muhammadu Buhari from his ill-health, after which they moved to Ikwo.

According to Elechi, he decided to join APC due to his love for Buhari and the current state of the PDP occasioned by its protracted crisis.

“I knew Buhari 49 years ago when I started the movement for the creation of Ebonyi as he intervened during my arrest with nine other comrades, by officers of the defunct Nigerian Security Organisation.

“I was interrogated while standing for nine hours and he as the Brigade Major in Abakaliki at that time, ordered our immediate release.

“I thank God for his health as he had favoured the people of Abakaliki and will triumph in his onerous task of rescuing the country from misrule.

“He is the person Nigerians are waiting for as the Boko Haram and corruption issues could have been indescribable if God had not brought him to power,” he said.

The former governor said that he was proud of the PDP due to the democratic ideals of its founding fathers, but its present leaders have truncated the ideal.

He described the APC as the alternative for Ebonyi people and the Igbo race and thanked the party for offering him and his supporters, a political platform to identify with.

https://www.punchng.com/former-ebonyi-gov-elechi-joins-apc/amp/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP by jmichlins(m): 8:53pm On Apr 09, 2017
This same people told us Buhari is a terrorist and Apc is going to islamize Nigeria

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP by Bashirfuntua(m): 8:57pm On Apr 09, 2017
I'm APC supporter but I don't like what is happening to PDP. at least we need strong opposition.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP by sarrki(m): 8:59pm On Apr 09, 2017
E Don dey happen

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP by sarrki(m): 9:00pm On Apr 09, 2017
Why this kind news for night?

Wailers will have another sleepless night

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP by sarrki(m): 9:00pm On Apr 09, 2017
jmichlins:
This same people told us Buhari is a terrorist and Apc is going to islamize Nigeria

They are smart

But the gullible followers are not

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:02pm On Apr 09, 2017
I wish him well.. PDP is strong gidigbam

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP by SmartchoicesNG: 9:22pm On Apr 09, 2017
grin
Re: Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP by EazyMoh(m): 9:22pm On Apr 09, 2017
Oga Tonye better rethink your stand, PDP has been reduced to a regional party.

21 Likes

Re: Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP by SmartchoicesNG: 9:23pm On Apr 09, 2017
FOLLOWERS NOR 4LO CHOP ILLEGAL CHOP cheesy cheesy cheesy

sarrki:

They are smart

2 Likes

Re: Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP by ipobarecriminals: 9:27pm On Apr 09, 2017
No more IPOB/Biafra? Anyway,Biafra is DEAD.U peopls should stop constitute a nuisance to the society

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP by Fmartin(m): 9:29pm On Apr 09, 2017
gud fr him..

modified
my name sake, welcm to d ruling party. there is light at d end of d tunnel.. martin elechi, andy ubah, sen. ita, to mention bt a few..
Re: Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP by jmichlins(m): 9:30pm On Apr 09, 2017
sarrki:

They are smart

I weep for the poor man especially those who are mentally lazy

2 Likes

Re: Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP by YonkijiSappo: 9:30pm On Apr 09, 2017
Yeebhoes.
No policy beings. - Na where money and belle face all them eyes go face.

AGIP - All government in power.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP by Tender1(m): 9:31pm On Apr 09, 2017
Let me tell you this: if you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it's not because they enjoy solitude. It's because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them.

1 Like

Re: Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP by Emu4life(m): 9:31pm On Apr 09, 2017
U cant stand opposition or What Lagos have been opposition state since 1999.

2 Likes

Re: Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP by isrealisaac: 9:31pm On Apr 09, 2017
Dat is Nigeria politics for u

1 Like

Re: Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP by omofunaab(m): 9:31pm On Apr 09, 2017
Lol , Omo opposition no easy oooo..

And na these people dey call another tribe cowards. .your leaders are running away from opposition

Ibo leaders jst dey join amala and ewedu party

16 Likes

Re: Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 09, 2017
How does it affect the fact that efe has just won the bbn?
Re: Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP by ylaa(f): 9:31pm On Apr 09, 2017
Indecision
Re: Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP by Shelloween(m): 9:31pm On Apr 09, 2017
Like for EFE
Re: Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP by augustineokoro(m): 9:31pm On Apr 09, 2017
good for him
Re: Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP by CharlieMaria(m): 9:32pm On Apr 09, 2017
No comment..MOURHINO PICS PLS
Re: Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 09, 2017
The highest vote for APC in 2019 will come from South East

11 Likes

Re: Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP by Mopolchi: 9:32pm On Apr 09, 2017
This man no go go rest?
Re: Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP by colossus91(m): 9:32pm On Apr 09, 2017
This is very goodnews for my state am so happy right now....

2 Likes

Re: Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP by morbeta(m): 9:32pm On Apr 09, 2017
Before 2019 there will be nothing like pdp. Jonathan will be the only captain in the ship.

2 Likes

Re: Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP by binsanni(m): 9:33pm On Apr 09, 2017
jmichlins:
I weep for the poor man especially those who are mentally lazy

2 Likes

Re: Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP by Firefire(m): 9:33pm On Apr 09, 2017
RIP PDP.
Re: Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP by mosmartini(m): 9:33pm On Apr 09, 2017
Politicians are all Hypocrites. #2pac'squotes

3 Likes

Re: Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP by OfficialAwol(m): 9:33pm On Apr 09, 2017
Sentimentally, I had some sympathy for this dying Mumu Yeye because I felt David Umahi used federal might against him in the 2015 general election. But see what he has just done

What happened to values?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Mourns Precious Owolabi Killed In Shiites Protest / 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash / Operation ‘free Lagos’ Will Continue, Agbaje Vows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.