Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,796 members, 7,827,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (815627 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Robroy: 5:01pm On Sep 27, 2007
Femtex we dey Sugarland o! welcome
Easimoni where u dey?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:03pm On Sep 27, 2007
Anniee4:

I was looking for an investment vehicle other than stocks and I finally found it. I watched this group for some time and read and reread the marketing plan and I was still unsure. The last thing I want or anybody for that matter is to be scammed. However, after I was assured of proof of payment and realized the tremendous growth potential I jumped in. You will see many postings on the forum about this group - Phoenix Rising.

Phoenix Rising is a member of the Diamonds Cash Club. They are the No. 1 team because of their unique marketing plan. To become a member of this group you need to agree to reinvest a portion of your earnings. This in itself sets the platform for explosive growth. The program itself is detailed and you would need to review it entirely to see if it is the right platform for you, but there are 2 important things I want to note. This group just kicked off in July and members are already starting to cashout. The DCC has just released a press release stating they are expanding into China and Mongolia next year, so this gives a sense of security to its longevity. And, bottom line, where are you possibly going to make $14,000 with a $220 investment in 1 year's time.

http://www.exane.ws/dcc/

Annie
So between the time you registered on this forum yesterday and today you have been able to suss out that all the posts( and there are hundreds of them on this forum!) did not give you the information you needed
na wa o
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:12pm On Sep 27, 2007
Rob-roy:

@ EMMAACHILE
Did you say the Flour IPO has been extended?? Till when? Please anyone who has more info on this extension should forward it,
Yep till 10th of October-------->http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20070927148126

I will not lose sleep over it if you dont buy into the IPO from what peeps have said and my own analysis it doesnt look as `hot` as we might have been led to believe. What worries me is that within a matter of days firstly the preferential allotment to Dangote`s "associates" was reduced from 60 to 20% and now the offer has been extended by 10 more days!
Why do i not like the sound of this? methinks the the boys that are supposed to take up the preferential allotment are not so keen(who can blame them?) and the guy has got the message its not going to be as HOT as Dangote Sugar so may be there isnt going to be an oversubscription this time around o
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 5:40pm On Sep 27, 2007
@ easimoni,
i agree with the notion that dangote sugar should run back to 40 bucks when the bulls run, but whats your take on this stock for the long term, what are theirr projections like? do u think its a solid one for the long term? and also, do u know any website where i can get the prospectus of their p.o last year cos that should give me a clearer picture.
thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 5:48pm On Sep 27, 2007
@shigidi
Dangote sugar's figures are solid. I think u can get the prospectus on fsdh website.
Thing is, you can never detach sentiments from dangote stocks (all of them), they rise and fall more forcefully on sentiments than on fundamentals.
But the figures are good.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Anniee4(f): 5:52pm On Sep 27, 2007
I think your a little overly confident in your skills.  kiss  I am a new member of this forum due to the fact that one of the Nigerian DCC members cycled out and collected. I am very happy for him. This has given this man great happiness and hope, and I can pretty much guarantee you this man is not a stockholder. I am a stockholder and I am now a diamond voucher holder as well via the Phoenix Rising investment vehicle. Investors may feel this is an investment vehicle they may want to consider for their long-term financial planning. I do not know. It is not up to me. I have just placed this info here for anyone who would like to review it.

Annie
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 6:03pm On Sep 27, 2007
Anniee4:

I think your a little overly confident in your skills. kiss I am a new member of this forum due to the fact that one of the Nigerian DCC members cycled out and collected. I am very happy for him. This has given this man great happiness and hope, and I can pretty much guarantee you this man is not a stockholder. I am a stockholder and I am now a diamond voucher holder as well via the Phoenix Rising investment vehicle. Investors may feel this is an investment vehicle they may want to consider for their long-term financial planning. I do not know. It is not up to me. I have just placed this info here for anyone who would like to review it.

Annie

Annie,

I think I speak for 75% (majority carries the vote) of the folks on this thread - WE AINT INTERESTED.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 6:06pm On Sep 27, 2007
Can you imagine,

I asked my broker to get me crusader @ 4.20, 2 days ago, na story he dey tell me until the thing closed at 4.50 today, I never sabi.

Dansugar looks to have recovered - it up to 31.70 today.

Generally the bears seem to have started dissappearing oo - lets wait and see if tomorrow will be different.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 6:07pm On Sep 27, 2007
yodiyokun:

Annie,

I think I speak for 75% (majority carries the vote) of the folks on this thread - WE AINT INTERESTED.
Yeah
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 6:11pm On Sep 27, 2007
yodiyokun:

Annie,

Anniee4:

I think your a little overly confident in your skills.  kiss  I am a new member of this forum due to the fact that one of the Nigerian DCC members cycled out and collected. I am very happy for him. This has given this man great happiness and hope, and I can pretty much guarantee you this man is not a stockholder. I am a stockholder and I am now a diamond voucher holder as well via the Phoenix Rising investment vehicle. Investors may feel this is an investment vehicle they may want to consider for their long-term financial planning. I do not know. It is not up to me. I have just placed this info here for anyone who would like to review it.

Annie

You see that`s what worries me you are new on this forum and you think you can peddle your wotsit called  what do you take peeps for? You seriously think peeps who spend hours researching and analysing just to make sure we are enlightened havent got better things to do?
We are about sharing information that is very very beneficial on this forum and i don't think your  half-baked scheme is one of them.
As you can see only myself and one other person have taken time out to respond to your post that says a lot about the interest you are drumming up on this forum innit?
I don't think i need waste my valuable time responding to your post anymore so thanks but no thanks!
Nuff said!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 6:21pm On Sep 27, 2007
RoughCut:

I will not lose sleep over it if you don't buy into the IPO from what peeps have said and my own analysis it doesnt look as `hot` as we might have been led to believe. What worries me is that within a matter of days firstly the preferential allotment to Dangote`s "associates" was reduced from 60 to 20% and now the offer has been extended by 10 more days!
Why do i not like the sound of this? methinks the the boys that are supposed to take up the preferential allotment are not so keen(who can blame them?) and the guy has got the message its not going to be as HOT as Dangote Sugar so may be there isnt going to be an oversubscription this time around o
You cant conclude just like that.
The new SEC regulation states that all POs must be underwritten to the tune of 80%. The identified investors were to be allocated 750m shares. Dangote had to reduce the amount to be alloted to make the math add up. I am sure that he increased the amount on offer to ensure that the identified investors get the shares. If he had not done it that way and there is an over subscription the investors woud have shared with general public pro rata.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 6:34pm On Sep 27, 2007
Has any one received their UBA certificate ?? Or does anyone know what is going on over there?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by moche: 6:34pm On Sep 27, 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can a stock market guru out there please give Nairalanders a detailed list of presently undervalued stocks in the NSE. Respondents should kindly give basis for classification in layman terms.

I know this ought to cost a lot but am just trying to explore the camaraderie that exists on Nairaland.

Expecting some brilliant contributions.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 7:11pm On Sep 27, 2007
@ yudiyokun, i have not received my certificate either, they have not even done the allotment so dont expect tit till january angry angry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by steeviee(m): 7:52pm On Sep 27, 2007
@easimoni, shigidi & temmie 10

can any of you tell us why Nascon shares has been the other way? What seems to be the problem?

A lot of us bought the shares havily just for trading purpose but it has been hard.

This is part of the reason i'm not buying anything from Dangote for now. i can't even advice anybody to do either.

Dangote was asked at the investors' forum he held about NASCON he deliberately ignored the question.

there seems to be something fishy about that stock and it is bad for dangote's reputation.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 9:47pm On Sep 27, 2007
I never knew Stock Addicts live in Houston. I am in Hillcroft myself.

Whats the take on ABC Transport ? Since someone advised us to buy into it, its been on the downward spiral.

What does the future look like?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Femtex(m): 10:32pm On Sep 27, 2007
You'll be surprise
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 27, 2007
@nicolas
No i dont run through Futureview Securities. I run a special account and want to sell some shares/securities through them.
I was in the office this week to complete that transaction
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Robroy: 10:50pm On Sep 27, 2007
@ Frankiriri and others
SO if you'all are saying that Dang Flour wasnt extended because it might not be good, and that market sentiments will make all Dangote stocks rise, are you guys recommending it or should we ignore and invest in Japaul? I am a long termer and I am looking for the best shot, or should I split btw Dang Flour and Japaul? If so, in what ratio?

Thanks all,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Robroy: 10:51pm On Sep 27, 2007
@ roughcut,
thanks for the link
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 27, 2007
Fidelity Bank Offer link
http://www.meristem.com.ng/fileupload/FIDELITY%20BANK%20OFFER.pdf

Fidelity Bank Rights Offer
http://www.meristem.com.ng/fileupload/FIDELITY%20BANK%20%20RIGHTS%20OFFER.pdf
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 11:40pm On Sep 27, 2007
@easimoni, shigidi, temmie 10 and other guru's

Hey guys please can you help me out? I have some (chunky) units of Nigeria breweries that I bought at 35 Naira, the price today is 44.70 do I sell or still hold?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bibiking1(m): 12:36am On Sep 28, 2007
hey dude, hold on to em brewery shares,they are actually expected to hit about 70 january. So!!!!! why dont you just wait
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 7:10am On Sep 28, 2007
Dangote Flour Mills extends IPO
Posted Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Initial Public Offering of Dangote Flour Mills Plc has been extended even as the directors have also decided to make more shares available to investors.

DFM is offering 1.25billion shares at N15. The offer had opened on September 6 and was expected to close on Thursday (today).

However, a statement from the company on Wednesday said that the offer had been extended by another 10 days. This means that the offer is now scheduled to close on October 8. According to the statement, the extension will allow the investors more time to buy shares.

Also the company has reduced the number of shares slated for preferential allotment to some identified investors from 60 per cent to 20 per cent. Consequently, the volume of shares available to investors has been increased from one billion units, while those available for preferential allotments are 750million shares.

DFM originally operated as the division of Dangote Industries Limited and has three business divisions - The flour milling, pasta production and polypropylene bags production

Culled from Proshare
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 7:12am On Sep 28, 2007
As my previous post indicates Dangote increased the amount on offer to ensure that the identified investors get the exact amount initially planned. From the onset they planned to give the preferred investors 750m which is the same figure under the new arrangement.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 7:16am On Sep 28, 2007
Rob-roy:

@ Frankiriri and others
SO if you'all are saying that Dang Flour wasnt extended because it might not be good, and that market sentiments will make all Dangote stocks rise, are you guys recommending it or should we ignore and invest in Japaul? I am a long termer and I am looking for the best shot, or should I split between Dang Flour and Japaul? If so, in what ratio?

Thanks all,
Personally, I am avoiding the primary market for now because the secondary market is bleeding and this is the best time to plunge in there and pick choice stocks like Dangote sugar and Oceanic at bargain prices. Just pray that the bleeding continues.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bibiking1(m): 7:23am On Sep 28, 2007
@ Frankiriri
i beg to differ from your view, the market has bled for quite too long, maybe its time to send emmisaries to beg the bulls back into the ranch
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 7:27am On Sep 28, 2007
[
@ Frankiriri and others
SO if you'all are saying that [b]Dang Flour wasnt extended because it might not be good,[/b] [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]]and that market sentiments will make all Dangote stocks rise, are you guys recommending it or should we ignore and invest in Japaul? I am a long termer and I am looking for the best shot, or should I split between Dang Flour and Japaul? If so, in what ratio?

Thanks all,
[quote][/quote]
I never said it was extended because it might not be good, the general consensus here is that the stock is over priced relative to its competitor Flour Mills and thus is not such a good bargain. Its only the Dangote's penchant for capital appreciation that might make the offer an outstanding success
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 7:29am On Sep 28, 2007
bibiking1:

@ Frankiriri
i beg to differ from your view, the market has bled for quite too long, maybe its time to send emmisaries to beg the bulls back into the ranch
I dont see things improving that much in the next two months or so. At the most some stocks wil hold their owmn but generally the bears will retain a hold on the market
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aquita(m): 7:42am On Sep 28, 2007
hi nairalanders, I am still new to invetsment in shares of quoted companies. the experts in the house should educate me on the modalities SEC and the companies use before arriving at the price of a particular share. in other words, why is DFM selling at #15? why not #10 or #20? I await your responses. thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 9:26am On Sep 28, 2007
frankiriri:

@ Frankiriri and others
SO if you'all are saying that [b]Dang Flour wasnt extended because it might not be good,[/b] [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]]and that market sentiments will make all Dangote stocks rise, are you guys recommending it or should we ignore and invest in Japaul? I am a long termer and I am looking for the best shot, or should I split between Dang Flour and Japaul? If so, in what ratio?

Thanks all,

I never said it was extended because it might not be good, the general consensus here is that the stock is over priced relative to its competitor Flour Mills and thus is not such a good bargain. Its only the Dangote's penchant for capital appreciation that might make the offer an outstanding success

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 9:41am On Sep 28, 2007
@bibiking1

Since you are a long-termer the decision to make as far as you are concerned is relatively easy. By all means if you want to buy into the Dangote brand do buy some Dangote Flour but you will probably see better returns on Dangote Sugar because the two business models are completely different and hence the difference in fundamentals between the two companies.

Japaul oil is being offered at a discount of 40% so if you buy on the primary market and hopefully the allotment is done on time and the certificate follows 6 weeks after (new SEC directive) you have automatically made 40% so buy as many units as you can.
We all agree that we can dive into the secondary market now so there is Nigerian-German Chemicals(loving it everyday), C&I Leasing and there is Costain (WA) i lke their forward looking plans. They have already spent N1B in the last 24 months on operating plants and equipments and a further N2.5B in the next 12 months so they can execute their projects worth billions of naira( i think they are doing a PO in November so will wait for the prospectus)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.