Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (813179 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 10:04am On Sep 29, 2007
at the its price now, is dangote sugar still a go-go,

it closed at 32.45 and say we give the purchase order on monday to be executed on tuesday and it appreciates 5% on monday to 34.01,
is it still worth a buy,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 2:56pm On Sep 29, 2007
tmoni,
i am a bit worried bout dang.sugar hitting 34 naira myself, what i would advise is to wait and see, 34 is not a very good entry price, 31 is just right. with fcmb and afribank offers coming out in the next two weeks, it might depress the market just a bit further, i would wait and see.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pangolo: 3:07pm On Sep 29, 2007
@ TEMMIE10, Shigidi

PHB
Afribank
Japaul
Dang Flour
Others,

With all these offers coming out which 3 would you choose to split $300k? In what order? sad angry AM so confused,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by krisbobo(m): 4:06pm On Sep 29, 2007
@ Temmie10, easimoni, frankiri,shigidi, windywendy,yodiyokun and all the others

You are in trouble o!!! Pls just be avoiding me o in case I run into anyone of you anywhere on this planet!!!

I will give you such a massive hug that your backbones might snap!!! grin grin grin

What!!! I can't believe such sense of responsibility and dedication, for no money!!! I always try to explain to some of my otherwise brilliant friends that Nigerians are not as bad as we are always painted; our govts may mess us up repeatedly but Nigerians are naturally givers!!

This thread will make millionaires out of many people and you do what you do without hangups. Believe me you guys are worthier than most of those brainless people they keep giving national honours angry angry

I follow this thread religiously and though I have been doing stocks for 3yrs I have learnt things here that I possibly could not have learnt elsewhere. I'm not writing this because I have made a kill; I'm just totally humbled by your sense of dedication.

You know what you guys are doing? You are showing the world the inherent possibilities in Nigerians if only we would put out acts together!

From the depths of my heart and on behalf of all those who appreciate what you do, here's three gbosa! gbosa!! gbosa!!! (We shall not wait till you guys die before we celebrate you, like we do in this country!!)

Enuff distractions from me. Pls hurry back to your good work but watch out for me and my backbreaking hugs!!! grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jehosaphat: 5:01pm On Sep 29, 2007
I second you Krisbobo., infact na 6 GBOSA!! grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 5:45pm On Sep 29, 2007
@pangolo
We are yet to see phb and afribanks' prospectuses.
I am quite happy with japaul's offer though.

@krisbobo, jehosaphat
thx for the compliments
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 5:59pm On Sep 29, 2007
Very well said kriskobo. You captured what a lot of us are feeling.

I know the list is not exhaustive but I would like to mention wanaj0 as well. His style and steady hand brings a balance I enjoy.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jehosaphat: 6:41pm On Sep 29, 2007
Thanks Temmie 10,
Krisbobo u talk true, these guys have been awesome!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by GrowPlus: 6:55pm On Sep 29, 2007
WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE?

Make your money online now!!!

Please visit our website for more details.
http://g-pro.us
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 8:31pm On Sep 29, 2007
easimoni- can you holla me at alomabello- at gmail dot com I am in Houston and just wanna holla at you.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 9:42pm On Sep 29, 2007
krisbobo:

@ Temmie10, easimoni, frankiri,shigidi, windywendy,yodiyokun and all the others

You are in trouble o!!! Please just be avoiding me o in case I run into anyone of you anywhere on this planet!!!I will give you such a massive hug that your backbones might snap!!! grin grin grin

What!!! I can't believe such sense of responsibility and dedication, for no money!!! I always try to explain to some of my otherwise brilliant friends that Nigerians are not as bad as we are always painted; our govts may mess us up repeatedly but Nigerians are naturally givers!!

Enuff distractions from me. Please hurry back to your good work but watch out for me and my backbreaking hugs!!! grin grin grin
*runs helter skelter* phew ! that was close. For a while there you had me worried.
grin grin
Anyway thanks for putting me on that list (with the likes of easimoni,temmie10,windywendy,wanajo, shigidi and yodiyokun).  I want to say that this thread is all about people watching each others back and I believe that most of the so called 'guru's esp me are just ordinary folks with a passion for stocks who are willing to do the research and  share their ideas.So I implore you and others to take upon your selves to do same so that we will be saluting you too
I definitely learn a lot from people like windywendy,easimoni, Temmie10 and wanajo. I look forward to more 'gurus' being born on this forum
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by skelewagy(m): 11:24pm On Sep 29, 2007
Has any one read the prospectus of Japaul. They are buying some new equipments, vessels etc. What of their annual accounts. I need to know how to get it for the last 3 years and understand it before i dive in. Abeg gurus help a brother.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by egoldman(m): 12:42am On Sep 30, 2007
GrowPlus:

WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE?

Make your money online now!!!

Please visit our website for more details.
http://g-pro.us

So na you de knack me spam left and right with this crap of investment site abi ? i be like say u dey use email grabber on this forum , better stop that kia kia angry angry angry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 8:11am On Sep 30, 2007
@Nairalanders

I need a stockbroker with very good internet communication and can be relied upon to get documents from Registrars for someone abroad.
A broker that will be satisfied with just the commission they receive from your transactions.
One that will buy for you at cheapest price and sell for you at highest and not at prices that will get them maximum commission.
A trustworthy stockbroker.
Thank you all.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by spaceworld: 3:12pm On Sep 30, 2007
@egoldman,
pls don't mind the guy na real mail grabber, i just have to block him from my mail
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 3:14pm On Sep 30, 2007
Proshare News and Analysis
Firms can only absorb 25% on oversubscription on POs - SEC
Posted Friday, September 28, 2007

A new guideline on the oversubscribed portion of public offerings and rights issues was yesterday released by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

Under the new arrangement, only 25 per cent of oversubscribed portion of public offerings and/or right issues could be absorbed by the issuers - the public companies.

The new rule according to the Head, Media Relations of SEC, Lanre Oloyi, is in line with certain provisions of the Investments and Securities Act (ISA).

He explained that the rule was relaxed during the banking consolidation exercise, but had to be revised to ensure compliance with it by all the issuing companies.

"Henceforth, only 25 per cent of oversubscribed portion of any offer could be absorbed by issues. This is in line with our existing rules Section 64 subsection 2 of SEC rules and regulation made pursuance to the Investment and Securities Act (ISA), which SEC has the mandate to implement.

"A situation whereby excess monies are absorbed without the need for it will no longer be tolerated.

"Only 25 per cent of oversubscribed portion would be allowed by the commission. It is not automate because the coy will have to come with supplementary offer, which has to be approved by the commission.

SEC expects you only come to the market to raise the actual fund that you need. Excess monies may not be really needed.

We are going to strictly enforce our rules on absorption of oversubscribed portion of public offers. In other words, any excess monies outside the 25 per cent allowed and approved by the commission must be returned to investors.

"Hitherto SEC had relaxed its rules on the oversubscribed portion of public offers to give support to the banking consolidation exercise. Now that the exercise is over, we must go back to our rules and start enforcing it."

The enforcement according to the commission takes immediate effect and might affect all the on-going public offers and the ones that have just been concluded and yet to be cleared by the commission." – Guardian
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Vitastraka(m): 4:44pm On Sep 30, 2007
PHB results were better than those of Access
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BIGBOYLARY(m): 9:20pm On Sep 30, 2007
@ Vitastraka,

Kindly give us your prove we be willing to know and why do you think so?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 12:04am On Oct 01, 2007
larry, long time no see
where u been mate,

lets watch oceanic closely this week, some news already going round town

i heard GTBank had a massive fraud (N650m), dnt know hw true it is but the person who told me seemed confident and they had to sell off their stock in another bank to work out the balance sheet

anybody with any info related to this,
this is a hearsay again----pls no crucifixtion
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Femtex(m): 2:45am On Oct 01, 2007
Mr Easimoni, What part of Houston area is your office located? If you are not going too busy, my e-mail address is pirates89@yahoo.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by egoldman(m): 5:59am On Oct 01, 2007
Tmoni:

larry, long time no see
where u been mate,

lets watch oceanic closely this week, some news already going round town

i heard GTBank had a massive fraud (N650m), dnt know hw true it is but the person who told me seemed confident and they had to sell off their stock in another bank to work out the balance sheet

this is a hearsay again----please no crucifixtion

Timoni what is the news about oceanic now , you don make my inquisitive mind to start wondering , so better tellus wetin dey shelle grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 6:36am On Oct 01, 2007
@easimoni

In fact i read windywendy`s thesis you made reference to, real quality it nearly cause katakata for stockmarketnigeria investors` forum.

Yaa she sabi well well
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by whitelexi(m): 9:50am On Oct 01, 2007
Here's wishing all the good people of Nigeria a happy independence day! I'm sure you all have a holiday today. . .  And what i'd give to be in my bed right now! Sadly, oyinbo no dey recognise such events, i'm sure i'll be working on my birthday sef cry

Well, lets hope the market's bearish nature subsides and let the independence day bring forth a clean bullish run for all and sundry grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Chidoski(m): 11:31am On Oct 01, 2007
Thanks bros for all the wonderful contributions on this thread.I am kinda new in this business,just saw UNILEVER at 17.5 naira,FIRST BANK at 36.5 naira and Transcorp at N3.99 also Japaul.Is there any projection that the prices will rise by January,more especially UNILEVER and FIRST BANK.cos I want to recoup my money by the first quarter of next year.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ceceters: 12:53pm On Oct 01, 2007
Hello all,
I need recomendation on a good stock broker who resides in port harcourt.
I want to start investing seriously in stocks(secondary market).
I need this information urgently. My email is ceceters@yahoo.ca, or you can equally post your recomendation on this tread.
Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MakeIt: 5:11pm On Oct 01, 2007
HI,

Globalworldinvestment.com is a private investment company. We have been in business since 1998 and have been delivering our services online through Globalworldinvestment.com. Our team consists of experienced investment advisors, skilled market analysts, professional traders and legal experts. Each member of our team is a professional who possesses not only excellent formal education, but also extensive experience in the investment and trading industry. We have always emphasized our unity as one of the key elements of our successful investment performance.

Kind Regard and Have a Great Day.

Thank You

Admin Of Globalworldinvestment.com

Please visit our website for more details
http://Globalworldinvestment.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 6:11pm On Oct 01, 2007
tmoni, whats the hot news about oceanic cos it just hit 30 and it hasnt done that in a while.
pls let us know.
happy independence day to all of nairaland. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
goodnight
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by alanbolo(m): 7:16pm On Oct 01, 2007
Just as krisbobo have posted earlier - thx to the great ones in the house,   

being doing stocks 4 a while but got more info from this tread on 9ja stocks---  in analytical formats,    My greatest thx to Frankiri 4 yr dedication of the betainvestmentsclub which have improve the knowledge of the members through yr post and encouragements.  Your recent posted link was well digested in my training ,   http://www.investopedia.com/articles/trading/07/technical-FUNDAMENTal.asp.   

Thanks to the gurus  including NBA, yr banking experience with UBA is also commendable.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by enolase(m): 9:01pm On Oct 01, 2007
Tmoni:

this is a hearsay again----please no crucifixtion

There is some unconfirmed news of an unauthorised purchase of a private jet for Tayo Aderinokun. Don't know if it's true.

Like I said, a rumour.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BIGBOYLARY(m): 9:08pm On Oct 01, 2007
@Tmoni,

Just back from Yankee and back to basic hope you are cool, MORE juicy new are emanating from my crystal ball on OCEANIC BANK i think we have to hambush it with a bang this time around its unbeatable!!!!

ON GTB,
 Why are u surprised its one of my best bank and i am still on there tail just imaging when they list there, I.P.O @ $12.75 in NAIJA and when i saw it on London stock exchange @ $11.20 omo i just wonder?

JAPAUL OIL IS A BET, HAPPY INDEPENDENCE TO OUR GREAT COUNTRY AND ALL PEOPLE OF NAIJA GOD BLESS OUR NATION.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jehosaphat: 9:24pm On Oct 01, 2007
BIGBOYLARY!!!!
Welcome back man, why have you deprived Nairaland of your crystal ball services? Abeg polish dat ball and keep it shining. We shall need to be looking into it a lot. When you knack us news, the gurus shall use magnifying glass and expand and analyse that news for us! Welcome

On a more serious note, what's the gist about Oceanic? Tell us more,
Why are you upbeat about Japaul?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by skelewagy(m): 10:22pm On Oct 01, 2007
Everybody says Japaul is it, but nobody seems to have read their Annual Reports for the last 3 years or highlighted what their main competitors are doing. Only good indicator is that they are doing well. Only naijas in the Business. Finish. A bobo needs more than that to put his dough down

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.