Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,870 members, 7,828,103 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (815657 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 28, 2007
Prospectus for Fidelity Bank
Click here
https://offer.fidelitybankplc.com/Prospectus.pdf
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 11:16am On Sep 28, 2007
from the fidelity prospectus, it looks quite good when looking at its projected eps, 0.49 in 2008 could be 13 naira by then.
however, they are trading at a current pe of 40 shocked shocked.
and its been offered at a pe of 30. so i think the price of 8 naira is still a bit high. i see no reason why u shouldnt be able to get fidelity at close to 9 naira when the ts is lifted cos there has been nothing to write home about their earnings so far. but not a bad offer though. looks promising for the future
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by otokx(m): 12:01pm On Sep 28, 2007
Could not agree more that Fidelity is currently over priced.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by afroil: 12:17pm On Sep 28, 2007
@otokx,
u are more than right o,from their prospectus,considerin present and even forecast earning,to me the share(fidelityBnk) is grossly overvalued/overpriced.d offer price supposed to be N6 or less.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 1:25pm On Sep 28, 2007
crazyT:

@easimoni, shigidi, temmie 10 and other guru's

Hey guys please can you help me out? I have some (chunky) units of Nigeria breweries that I bought at 35 Naira, the price today is 44.70 do I sell or still hold?

bibiking1:

hey dude, hold on to em brewery shares,they are actually expected to hit about 70 january. So!!!!! why don't you just wait

Thanks Bibiking1 and to other guru's any differ opinions
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 1:46pm On Sep 28, 2007
crazy t,
bbking1 is right!! though i think 70 is quite optimistic.
a price in the mid fifties should be more like it unless they give a bonus.
so hold on to this one.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tommyt(m): 1:52pm On Sep 28, 2007
hello guys, u are doing a great job. kudos to every body that have contributed to this forum.
i will real appriciate it if any expert in the house can educate me i have like 100k i want to invest in secondary market 4 a short time. plz i need ur advice what stock can i go for dat i can make some good cash btw now and nov/dec
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 1:59pm On Sep 28, 2007
tommy t:

hello guys, u are doing a great job. kudos to every body that have contributed to this forum.
i will real appriciate it if any expert in the house can educate me i have like 100k i want to invest in secondary market 4 a short time. plz i need your advice what stock can i go for that i can make some good cash between now and nov/dec

it is not advisable to enter the stock market to make cash in like 2-3 months, a good 1 year is needed for sound ROI.
howvwe, if u must , go for dangote sugar ,skye bank or oceanic, if ure lucky ull make 15% on any of those.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 2:10pm On Sep 28, 2007
the market has made a small comeback today, and dang.sugar has gained again. hope i dont miss out on it cos i dont have any yet angry angry angry cry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:17pm On Sep 28, 2007
tommy t:

i will real appriciate it if any expert in the house can educate me i have like 100k i want to invest in secondary market 4 a short time. plz i need your advice what stock can i go for that i can make some good cash between now and nov/dec

Like shigidi said you will be lucky to get anything appreciable on your investment within your timeframe and it does not help that stock prices are depressed right now on the NSE(the bearish period) so a short-term frame as far as stock investment is concerned is anything between 12-18 months and anything longer is medium-long term so you can see there is a wide ocean between your definition of  short-term and what short-term time frame actually means. Like i always say to  people who are thinking of making `quick bucks` within 2-3 months on  the stock market this  is not for you may be you need to think of somewhere else to invest your 100k. If you are not a stockbroker and you are looking for returns within 3 months then the stock market is a no-no.

If the stock market works the way most peeps think it should then there would be no need for this forum. The point of this forum is to analyse and evaluate the performance of the stocks and then armed with the information we have all shared then you make a judgement on the information you have been armed with.  
I would advise you to start doing your own homework so you can start making some investment decisions yourself and i am sure peeps on this forum are always ready to help and answer questions on what you are not sure about. Go and invest in some literature that would help you

Nuff said!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 2:44pm On Sep 28, 2007
the TS of ibtc chartered bank was lifted today, bet you its going straight to at least 18 naira wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:01pm On Sep 28, 2007
crazyT:

Thanks Bibiking1 and to other guru's any differ opinions
I side with the Shig. Somewhere in the fifties.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 3:19pm On Sep 28, 2007
just read the fidelity prospectus.
The bank will have 22 billion shares! and thats if there's no over subscription
And to think the offer was supposed to go at 10 naira earlier, what were they playing at?

Its not cheap o shocked but the psycology of selling something 8 naira when its currently pegged at 12 naira will assure them a good number of people buying the offer, not me.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by teena(f): 3:33pm On Sep 28, 2007
Kudos to all contributors esp the Analysts!

Please can someone give us more highlights on Fidelity PO, Please.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:35pm On Sep 28, 2007
easimoni:

I side with the Shig. Somewhere in the fifties.

easimoni you don change location to H-Town abi which one be H-Town? well it doesnt matter where you are located  as long as you still live and kicking on this forum
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by realdosh: 3:40pm On Sep 28, 2007
Help where and how can i buy NEM INSURANCE STOCKS in private placement.

Please i need this info

thanks guys.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:24pm On Sep 28, 2007
RoughCut:

easimoni you don change location to H-Town abi which one be H-Town? well it doesnt matter where you are located as long as you still live and kicking on this forum

Relocated to Houston a while back for a work assignment. Nothing changes!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:26pm On Sep 28, 2007
easimoni:

Nice one!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:30pm On Sep 28, 2007
realdosh:

Help where and how can i buy NEM INSURANCE STOCKS in private placement.

Please i need this info

thanks guys.

Is NEM doing a PP again? They had an offer last year. If that's what you mean, you have to buy on the market.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:47pm On Sep 28, 2007
Temmie10:

just read the fidelity prospectus.
The bank will have 22 billion shares! and thats if there's no over subscription
And to think the offer was supposed to go at 10 naira earlier, what were they playing at?

Its not cheap o shocked but the psycology of selling something 8 naira when its currently pegged at 12 naira will assure them a good number of people buying the offer, not me.

The FY 07 results are not out yet but if you annualize the 3Q results and compare to the offer projections, they plan to grow PAT at 140% this fiscal year. shocked
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:55pm On Sep 28, 2007
Has anyone noticed the deafening silence on the "Scam-Prone Business" child board? I see Seun has returned the board to it's previous place now that they've gone belly-up!

I heard a colleague lost 15M!  shocked Really sad!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:04pm On Sep 28, 2007
Now i may be wrong but loooking again at the fidelity prospectus they are projecting a forward PE of 16.3 in 2008 and  EPS of 0.49 so that gives us a price of N8 and PAT for the 9 months ended Mar 2007 is N3B so extrapolating that gives a PAT of about N4B for FYE 2007.
They hope to grow the PAT from N4B in 2007 to about N11B in 2008 an increase of 175% i would say that is overly optimistic
Assuming they grow  PAT by a whopping 175% and extrapolating this to the share price gives a price of  N9 assuming all the assumptions hold so from the prospectus the share is actually going to shrink from N12 to about N9

Well well this is indeed a no-brainer and i sincerely hope i`m wrong because if i`m not i wont bother does not make any sense to me at all. Need somebody else to do the number crunching for me!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:10pm On Sep 28, 2007
easimoni:

Is NEM doing a PP again? They had an offer last year. If that's what you mean, you have to buy on the market.
easimoni:

The FY 07 results are not out yet but if you annualize the 3Q results and compare to the offer projections, they plan to grow PAT at 140% this fiscal year. shocked

Actually if you annualize the 9 months PAT  N3B for 2007 that gives a FY  of N4B and they are hoping to grow PAT to N11B in 2008 a whopping 175%
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 6:59pm On Sep 28, 2007
easimoni:

its ridiculous, what is gonna be the drastic increase, that was the same problem i had with dangote flour(from 0.42to 1.6) but i have no other choice but to work with these figures cos thats what we are given.
fidelity is definetely a no go, maybe from the floor if it drops but not the po.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 7:03pm On Sep 28, 2007
easimoni:

was wondering why you asked that gentleman the other day if he was in houston grin
good for you. smiley smiley but come back soon sha cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 7:14pm On Sep 28, 2007
easimoni,

The high flyer - o nfo l'oke!!!

Abeg we still need your contribution on this website in spite of your work assignment.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 9:14pm On Sep 28, 2007
shigidi:

its ridiculous, what is going to be the drastic increase, that was the same problem i had with dangote flour(from 0.42to 1.6) but i have no other choice but to work with these figures because thats what we are given.
fidelity is definetely a no go, maybe from the floor if it drops but not the po.

This is the issue with most of the new POs; very ambitious profit forecast. On another forum, Windywendy wrote a PhD-quality thesis on how ambitious the Dangote Flour PAT projection is. You should read it. The girl sabi  grin. ROE is projected to climb to 47% by 2011! From 4% in 2006, something is fishy.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by egoldman(m): 11:54pm On Sep 28, 2007
easimoni:

Has anyone noticed the deafening silence on the "Scam-Prone Business" child board? I see Seun has returned the board to it's previous place now that they've gone belly-up!

I heard a colleague lost 15M! shocked Really sad!

Would never forget the abuses i got on that thread for saying me opinion, one went as far as abusing me granny , though he later apologized , God help them sha and sorry for the digression wink wink wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Robroy: 4:12am On Sep 29, 2007
Hello all
Is PHB coming out with a PO? Ive noticed a steady climb in its shares,
Whats the analyst take on that? what abt WEMA?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 9:12am On Sep 29, 2007
Rob-roy:

Hello all
Is PHB coming out with a PO? Ive noticed a steady climb in its shares,
Whats the analyst take on that? what about WEMA?

Yes PHB is supposed to come out with a po soon.
Wema's a winner for me.

About these pos, i was reading that fcmb and afribank might both open up their po next week, thats gonna be 200-300 billion being searched for, then thr's a long list after them again.
If you'll be buying into any pos, make sure you are buying a really good one.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by AtamMan(m): 9:41am On Sep 29, 2007
Temmie10:

Yes PHB is supposed to come out with a po soon.
Wema's a winner for me.

About these pos, i was reading that fcmb and afribank might both open up their po next week, thats going to be 200-300 billion being searched for, then thr's a long list after them again.
If you'll be buying into any pos, make sure you are buying a really good one.

@ Temmie10,
Morning bros, you and this your Wema thingy! Do I take it that you'd advise those who have some spare cash to buy into it? What sort of time frame are talking about here? Lest I forget, I've been trying to get an explanation for the strange behaviour of Guinness Plc; why is it not going up given the ostensibly good dividend declared the other day?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 9:50am On Sep 29, 2007
Easimoni answered you about guiness and i second him. Dividend declaration doesn't move prices like bonus declaration, the market is also rather bearish.
I won't advice anyone to put all their $$ in wema but some exposure is good, the ceo says results will be out by november.

In any case if you have cash now, dun jump into any stock yet, watch the market and you might find even better bargains in the next 1-2 weeks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.