Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,520 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (815565 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kunle75(m): 3:56pm On Sep 26, 2007
its a good thing that seun is discussing this issue now,because it is pertinent we say it that a lot nigerians if not all,are not aware of the enormous opportunities abound in stock trading,i am not patronizing anybody but during d course of my research i discovered a site that was dedicated for stocks its actually a forum u guys can also logon to the site www.nairakobo.com,d registration is free,and see for yourself, i was introduced to the site by a friend of mine and it has been helpful because i `av had most of my stocks problems been dismistified by array of proffessionals who are actually stocks analyst and administrators in the forum,on hand to attend to your questions very fast.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pangolo: 4:01pm On Sep 26, 2007
@ TEMMIE 10
Thanks for the speedy response!!

Long live pangolo!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by whitelexi(m): 4:02pm On Sep 26, 2007
kunle75:

its a good thing that seun is discussing this issue now,because it is pertinent we say it that a lot nigerians if not all,are not aware of the enormous opportunities abound in stock trading,i am not patronizing anybody but during d course of my research i discovered a site that was dedicated for stocks its actually a forum u guys can also logon to the site www.,d registration is free,and see for yourself, i was introduced to the site by a friend of mine and it has been helpful because i `av had most of my stocks problems been dismistified by array of proffessionals who are actually stocks analyst and administrators in the forum,on hand to attend to your questions very fast.

Ermm, are u refering to this thread or this section of NL??

If not, then you are definitely patronizing someone here shocked
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 4:22pm On Sep 26, 2007
Excellent analysis folks! I am glued!!!

@wanajo,

I also noted Dangote Sugar is at N31, absolutely attractive. I think I will go nuts on this one.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 5:10pm On Sep 26, 2007
@ guys, whats your top 5 picks in the market now,

guess we dnt do money market anymore,

but we suppose keep small for running things na,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mee25(m): 5:31pm On Sep 26, 2007
@Tmoni

My 5 pick for a 30 day fixed deposit investment, in order of priority, are

IBTC
GTB
Oceanic
Access
Zenith
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 7:07pm On Sep 26, 2007
dangote sugar looks like the juiciest buy for short term right now. another bearish day i see. i hope dang. sugar goes down a bit more.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 7:10pm On Sep 26, 2007
@ wanajo,
from their Q1 reults, WAPCO looks like doing an eps of 3.8-4 naira, so it should hit at least 80 naira i guess. also, its pe ratio is by far the lowest in the building sector. there was a rumor of bonus last year and i hear its very probable this year. although they have 3billion+ shares.
thats why i think its quite good.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 7:33pm On Sep 26, 2007
Dangote sugar might go down a bit more.
The market is shaping up very nicely with stocks hitting new lows everyday, just look at nascon, ashaka
Transcorp is still relentless but looking very interesting too.
I'm looking to see if some better value stocks shed more fat grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 8:03pm On Sep 26, 2007
shigidi:

@ wanajo,
from their Q1 reults, WAPCO looks like doing an eps of 3.8-4 naira, so it should hit at least 80 naira i guess. also, its pe ratio is by far the lowest in the building sector. there was a rumor of bonus last year and i hear its very probable this year. although they have 3billion+ shares.
thats why i think its quite good.

True, but that only puts WAPCO's FY value at 20% above it's current value. If they fail to declare a bonus/reasonable dividend again, the market won't be happy. Why not try for something with a higher upside. Dang Sugar looks a LOT better than WAPCO right now. Lower trailing and forward PEs, higher PAT growth%. Easily N40 when the bulls return.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Robroy: 8:05pm On Sep 26, 2007
@ Shigidi
How liquid is Japaul, would it be easy to offload in 2009? I know i might be hard to say just now but take a guess?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 8:27pm On Sep 26, 2007
Rob-roy:

@ Shigidi
How liquid is Japaul, would it be easy to offload in 2009? I know i might be hard to say just now but take a guess?

Japaul averaged 5M units/day in the 1st 5 months of 2007. If you own less than 5M units, you should have no problems selling.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Robroy: 8:33pm On Sep 26, 2007
Thanks Easi,
Hey what other PO's are coming out before the year runs out? I know there are rumors of Obajana and co, I am asking because I took a loan and would like to buy Japaul deeply but I dont wanna be stuck in some stock ( Transcorp rings a bell) while there are other ways of making money, you dig?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by sammiee: 10:55pm On Sep 26, 2007
help out guys.got #25,000 n would like to invest in shares. i need advice as to the company and what IPO is out. thanksin adv.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 11:13pm On Sep 26, 2007
thanks guys, then we go on to dangote sugar, at least to make up for the stupid ones i bought at N39,

do u think diamond would hit 25 soon, say for short term investors,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 12:16am On Sep 27, 2007
Hey Guys
I bought lasaco at 3.90 -first and last time i will listen to my stock broker(no xmas present for her!)
I'm thinking of buying more now at lower price to sell around march next year or hold if the things settle properly in that sector. help!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 27, 2007
Lasaco has about 7,300,000,000 adjusted outstanding shares

gotten from http://www.futureview.com.ng/MarketSnapshot.xls

Other outstanding shares can be gotten from this site

Dangote Flour IPO extension will give Nigerians more chance to decide between Fidelity PO, Japaul Oil and Dang Flour. The issue of oversubcription i think will not be much since it is competing favourably with other offers

Just sold my Japaul Shares in order to purchase more of the primary offer.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 27, 2007
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nicolas: 7:46am On Sep 27, 2007
EMMAACHILE:

STOCK RECOMMENDATIONS

http://www.futureview.com.ng/stockrecommendation.pdf

AND

http://w3.wikifortio.com/node-fs/download/70f2fafc19eb11ca32a1107cfda250b4/INVESTMENT%20DIGEST%208.pdf

is futureviews ur stockbrocking firm? and if so can you please tell me how good thier service is concernining execution of orders, thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 7:52am On Sep 27, 2007
Tmoni:

thanks guys, then we go on to dangote sugar, at least to make up for the stupid ones i bought at N39,

do u think diamond would hit 25 soon, say for short term investors,

If you are a trader, dangote at 31.00 is a bargain as far as I am concerned. That's a forward PE of about 12.00. This stock will easily reach 39.00 - 40.00 in a couple of days. No to Dangote Flour, Japual, NAHCO etc. Everything for Dangote Sugar for now!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 7:59am On Sep 27, 2007
Temmie10:

Dangote sugar might go down a bit more.
The market is shaping up very nicely with stocks hitting new lows everyday, just look at nascon, ashaka
Transcorp is still relentless but looking very interesting too.
I'm looking to see if some better value stocks shed more fat grin

No problem if Dangote Sugar goes down a bit more. However, for me, 31.00 is so attractive that I will not miss it. Will not bother if it falls to 25.00. It will easily crawl back to 38.00. For the short term, that is good. For the long term, it is also lovely.

Transcorp is really for the LONG term.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 10:47am On Sep 27, 2007
@ wanj0

lets say i buy about 100,000 units of dangote sugar at N31 and sell off at about N40,
i did a small calculation and the profit that would accrue should in the region of 600-700 k after commisions,

say i get a loan for this at 15%, hw long do u think it would take to get to this sell off point going with the maximum 5% on bidding at the exchange.

since its for short term, no need to commit my own funds, thats what i think
opinion
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 11:01am On Sep 27, 2007
Tmoni:

@ wanj0

lets say i buy about 100,000 units of dangote sugar at N31 and sell off at about N40,
i did a small calculation and the profit that would accrue should in the region of 600-700 k after commisions,

say i get a loan for this at 15%, hw long do u think it would take to get to this sell off point going with the maximum 5% on bidding at the exchange.

since its for short term, no need to commit my own funds, thats what i think
opinion

How I wish I have a crystal ball!!!!!!!

Seriously, worst case scenario, I will expect Dangote Sugar to be at N40.00 minimum by March/April 2008. For all you know, it may climb up to that by November.

The problem with borrowed funds (especially if it is short term) is being forced to sell at the wrong time. If you can structure your finance in such a way that if things don't go as you plan, you can still hold on to your fundamentally sound stock then noproblem. Otherwise, just stay away from borrowed funds. If not properly handled, you will lose the gaisn you already have.

I do use borrowed funds but well structured in such a way that it does not affect my cashflow.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 11:50am On Sep 27, 2007
i can handle it but was thinking of using the funds for dangote flour and maybe FCMB PO or just having sthto keep, i mean money market is always there

would over this one with my broker and let u know the result,
make person finish this sch sef, start better thing sad
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 12:08pm On Sep 27, 2007
Tmoni:

i can handle it but was thinking of using the funds for dangote flour and maybe FCMB PO or just having sthto keep, i mean money market is always there

would over this one with my broker and let u know the result,
make person finish this sch sef, start better thing sad

For me, Dangote Sugar is more attractive than Dangote flour. At the current low price of stocks in the secondary market, the primary market is not attractive at all.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Mu(m): 12:58pm On Sep 27, 2007
The bears we are seeing now are more of teddy bears (they look mean because of the effects of all these Public offers). The real Grizzly bears will roam around in December.
You can get good shares for cheap in mid January if you can wait.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 1:12pm On Sep 27, 2007
fair enough,
would try and work out something to that effect,

gracias amigos

lol on the bear theory, what about polar bear?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Femtex(m): 4:16pm On Sep 27, 2007
To all the Gurus

Quote from Japaul Prospectus "The new shares being offered shall rank pari-passu in all respects with the issued ordinary shares of the company, except that they will NOT qualify for any dividend or bonus declared for the year ending 31 December 2007." My question is that, since the offer is for 3.95 per share. Lets say Japaul did issue bonus and dividend for the year ending Dec 2007. How will that affect Japaul Oil price moving forward factoring share reconstruction due dividend and bonus issue? Does that mean people who buys into the public offer will get screwed again considering the situation with First Bank.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:31pm On Sep 27, 2007
Femtex:

To all the Gurus

Quote from Japaul Prospectus "The new shares being offered shall rank pari-passu in all respects with the issued ordinary shares of the company, except that they will NOT qualify for any dividend or bonus declared for the year ending 31 December 2007." My question is that, since the offer is for 3.95 per share. Lets say Japaul did issue bonus and dividend for the year ending Dec 2007. How will that affect Japaul Oil price moving forward factoring share reconstruction due dividend and bonus issue? Does that mean people who buys into the public offer will get screwed again considering the situation with First Bank.

Yes, they will get "screwed" because the bonus will eat into the margin between the current price and the offer price. No one has a crystal ball to determine if Japaul will indeed issue a bonus but they very well could to discourage people from dumping their shares once they get the certificates. Now that First Bank has opened the door, PO buyers must now sleep with one eye open. Shame.

Femtex, you live in Houston?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Femtex(m): 4:39pm On Sep 27, 2007
yes
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Anniee4(f): 4:56pm On Sep 27, 2007
I was looking for an investment vehicle other than stocks and I finally found it. I watched this group for some time and read and reread the marketing plan and I was still unsure. The last thing I want or anybody for that matter is to be scammed. However, after I was assured of proof of payment and realized the tremendous growth potential I jumped in. You will see many postings on the forum about this group - Phoenix Rising.

Phoenix Rising is a member of the Diamonds Cash Club. They are the No. 1 team because of their unique marketing plan. To become a member of this group you need to agree to reinvest a portion of your earnings. This in itself sets the platform for explosive growth. The program itself is detailed and you would need to review it entirely to see if it is the right platform for you, but there are 2 important things I want to note. This group just kicked off in July and members are already starting to cashout. The DCC has just released a press release stating they are expanding into China and Mongolia next year, so this gives a sense of security to its longevity. And, bottom line, where are you possibly going to make $14,000 with a $220 investment in 1 year's time.

http://www.exane.ws/dcc/

Annie
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Robroy: 5:00pm On Sep 27, 2007
@ EMMAACHILE
Did you say the Flour IPO has been extended?? Till when? Please anyone who has more info on this extension should forward it,

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.