Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries (32522 Views)

Governor Ambode Sacks 3 Commissioners, Appoints 5 New Ones / Ambode Sacks Deji Tinubu As Lagos Sports Commission Boss / Ambode Sacks Chaplain For Disrespecting His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries by pheesayor(m): 9:42am On Jun 10, 2016
The frontpage topic is misleading, it is Executive Secretaries (ES) and not Chairmen. They've been in charge of the LGAs since the tenure of chairmen expired over a year ago.

folks4luv:
Are we really operating three tiers of govt n federalism? Why should a governor sack LG chairmen he didn't appoint, weren't they elected?
They were preparing for election, yes, the president didn't sack d governors prior to election right?
Re: Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries by soulhighman(m): 10:50am On Jun 10, 2016
olafum1:
Every right thinking progressive Nigerians now are supporting moves that will make governance reach the people.

Not introducing bills for expansion of Sharia or allowing female Hijabians in our schools.

SMH, for those who remain to be cryptic
So, how does female hijabians affect anybody? So you don't want the law to permit the Muslim students to dress the way their religion permits them, and you don't want crisis to happen? It will always happen so far haters of Islam like you continue to clamour for the restriction of something that doesn't affect you at all.
Re: Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries by Cauchy01(m): 12:42pm On Jun 10, 2016
folks4luv:

my comment wasnt about the post init, seen a lot of what I said down here. in my state, the gov terminates the appointment for lg chairmen and chose caretakers at will, plus chairmen aren't allowed to run for second term.
guess I was wrong to attribute it to this story cause Lotta peeps don't know where I was coming from.
Ohk...add to my knowledge please...which state?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Arrives PDP Headquarters / Army Shoots Pro-Biafra Agitators At A Church In Onitsha - Sahara Reporters / Senate Officially Confirms Rejecting Magu As EFCC Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.