Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,327 members, 7,833,290 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities (34652 Views)

Militants Bomb Ogbembiri Agip Gas Pipeline / Niger-Delta Avengers Threaten Atiku, Danjuma, Lukman, Other Oil Bloc Owners / "Niger-Delta Avengers" Threaten To Bomb Lagos And Abuja - Madoch Agninibo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities by isiegbe(m): 9:01am On Jun 10, 2016
princemillla:
Am very sure Niger delta leaders are watching their wards destroying a nation source of income but would rather keep quiet on it. but when FG play back on them, it will turn out to be witch hunt or whatever name that suits them.

FG self dey Bleep up self. You claim cease fire, but they ain't ceasing any fire along, why not treat them as terrorist they RE.
No group should be capable of holding a nation at ransom.

Forget the noise coming from the west they never meant well for this country
I know the emirs and the the northern elders where very much aware when the Boko boys where making the country ungovernable some months back. Their response was that the attack on boko is the attack north. None ever said the killing of innocent citizens is bad. Now you know we are one Nigeria and the attack is not good on the economy. Am not on side of violence. But he comes to equity must come with a clean hand. I rest my case.

3 Likes

Re: Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities by caprini1: 9:01am On Jun 10, 2016
What is really so difficult, that the power that be,cannot call for a round table talk with everyone feeling cheated in the nation?
Re: Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities by infofta(m): 9:02am On Jun 10, 2016
A hungry man is an angry man. All these happenings is as a result of bad leadership in the past. Few people stole the common wealth of the nation. When people are pushed to the wall they fight back. Niger Delta has been neglected with all the oil from the region. Instead of the past govt to provide jobs and develop the region, they choose to settle some few "hot heads" they felt was a threat to them. The problem of Nigeria is too complex, corruption, religion and tribal differences. Are we really ready to co-exist? Do not kill the Goose that lays the golden eggs. A military solution will result in a failed state. As people in the region will sympathize with them including the the international communities. Can the govt handle NDA, Boko haram, Biafra and any other groups that may arise from military option at the same time? Dialogue is the way out.

1 Like

Re: Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities by skywalker240(m): 9:02am On Jun 10, 2016
princemillla:
Am very sure Niger delta leaders are watching their wards destroying a nation source of income but would rather keep quiet on it. but when FG play back on them, it will turn out to be witch hunt or whatever name that suits them.

FG self dey Bleep up self. You claim cease fire, but they ain't ceasing any fire along, why not treat them as terrorist they RE.

let me ask u a question,....if a mangoe tree is planted on ur backyard and it produce fruits thats the planter only enjoys and dont even clean or sweep the ground(ur land) and keep leaving the mess, would u look or cut the tree down?..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities by jude90(m): 9:03am On Jun 10, 2016
why are people saying that NDA should use dialogue to reslove their differences when they have tabled theor demand which to an extent is very simple and reasonable yet the FG have refused to look into their demand. the problem we have in nigeria is that an average Nigerian is a hypocrite, seeing the truth and turning to the other side placing blame at the wrong place.

5 Likes

Re: Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities by asha80(m): 9:07am On Jun 10, 2016
danduchi:
PMB should have thought wise... How can you budget just #20Billion for a rejoin not state oo that funds the nation and Lagos state in building a bridge for #100Billion... Where is the wisdom...
are you seriously comparing fg and lasg govt ? FG allocated 20bn to region and you are comparing it to lasg that allocates 100bn to a bridge..is it the FG that dictates to a state what it does with its money?
perryy:

Let us forger the past and come together to form a formidable force that can take on the this evil state head on. IPOB and NDA need to work together. When we become victorious, we may not have the same country. We may have Biafra and The nigerdelta Republic. But during the struggle, we need unity and we will remain allies in the future.
some of you emotional guys dont learn..the ss or niger delta want to go it alone..let them face their issue alone..forget the past indeed when those ijaw guys occupied my uncles abandoned property and up till now refused to leave after condescendingly saying we cant do anything about it and you want people that experienced that sort of thing to just join up? Everyone should mind his business so that is anything goes wrong or does not pan out as planned all man go carry im cross.

1 Like

Re: Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities by Goke7: 9:07am On Jun 10, 2016
isiegbe:
I know the emirs and the the northern elders where very much aware when the Boko boys where making the country ungovernable some months back. Their response was that the attack on boko is the attack north. None ever said the killing of innocent citizens is bad. Now you know we are one Nigeria and the attack is not good on the economy. Am not on side of violence. But he comes to equity must come with a clean hand. I rest my case.

The boko boys that you said the emirs and northern elders were supporting, where are they today? same fate awaits the NDA in the long run bruv, they may be winning today just like boko was doing those days but their reign will also come to an end like boko.
Re: Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 10, 2016
princemillla:

one snall region should continue serving as ur source of income?with the north nd its large population?my friend we are ready to drink our oil....pls keep ur yams to yourself

3 Likes

Re: Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities by skywalker240(m): 9:10am On Jun 10, 2016
koladebrainiac:

But they are bombing their own resources now
because ur goverment has made it a policy to frustrate them of it,..so whats d use for only one region to suffer when it should be every region

1 Like

Re: Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities by Eluwilussit(m): 9:11am On Jun 10, 2016
koladebrainiac:

But they are bombing their own resources now

Who is chopping from the resources? No be FG and friends? grin

1 Like

Re: Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities by OLUPET009(m): 9:14am On Jun 10, 2016
Ugboma Niger delta's are not biafra and will never b. Our fore fathers did not make any mistakes, we believe in d unity n power of a one nigeria. All we want is for the govt to treat its source of income as his own self...Is that to much to ask pple?
Re: Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 10, 2016
bender79:
Every part of the country should own their resources period.

If mumuharri go gree..
Re: Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities by perryy(m): 9:17am On Jun 10, 2016
asha80:
are you seriously comparing fg and lasg govt ? FG allocated 20bn to region and you are comparing it to lasg that allocates 100bn to a bridge..is it the FG that dictates to a state what it does with its money?
some of you emotional guys dont learn..the ss or niger delta want to go it alone..let them face their issue alone..forget the past indeed when those ijaw guys occupied my uncles abandoned property and up till now refused to leave after condescendingly saying we cant do anything about it and you want people that experienced that sort of thing to just join up? Everyone should mind his business so that is anything goes wrong or does not pan out as planned all man go carry im cross.

No ,my brother. We must forget the past and get United against our common enemy, which is the north. They made our fathers to believe you ibon are our enemies, but now we are wiser . We need unity to be able to face them in the battle field.
Re: Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities by danduchi(m): 9:22am On Jun 10, 2016
asha80:
So the bridge is a state project, how much was Lagos state budget? You want to tell me more than 40% of Lag budget will be on a bridge?

1 Like

Re: Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities by asha80(m): 9:23am On Jun 10, 2016
perryy:

No ,my brother. We must forget the past and get United against our common enemy, which is the north. They made our fathers to believe you ibon are our enemies, but now we are wiser . We need unity to be able to face them in the battle field.
you can go to the battle to face whom ever you want to face Na you know..but for me and others that suffered abandoned property issue (still unresolved to date) and unnecessary insults Na just look and discourage anyone around us to read history and forget any useless alliance..all man must answer im papa name this time..na now way crunch time reach Una dey talk alliance but if things dey smooth that word no go even appear for mind
Re: Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities by asha80(m): 9:25am On Jun 10, 2016
danduchi:
So the bridge is a state project, how much was Lagos state budget? You want to tell me more than 40% of Lag budget will be on a bridge?
are you not talking about 4th mainland bridge? Who told you Na fg dey sponsor am? Do you even know that lasg is not directly funding it? Dont you know it is private funding and those private guys are going to mount various tolls on the bridge?

http://thenationonlineng.net/fourth-mainland-bridge/

1 Like

Re: Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities by perryy(m): 9:26am On Jun 10, 2016
Goke7:

This is actually the purpose of all the bombings, it is political and not about the issues of federalism or what have you, reason they called themselves the avengers, they actually avenging the loss and failure of their son GEJ. Anybody who is thinking they are actually serious about their demands on paper is just ignorant. This is a political war to pay PMB back and we know it but how far they will succeed is only a matter of time.

They will succeed in jesus name. Insha Allahu, victory is guaranteed.
Re: Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 10, 2016
proeast:
I wonder why we Nigerians act dumb & silly most times, we will see solutions to our problem yet we will prevaricate, waste precious time & hope to wake up & see everything working perfectly, even without making effort! Avengers have tabled their demand & also their threat, we thought we could subdue them, now its obvious that we are fighting a lost battle, is it not best we implement true fiscal federalism now & have the oil states pay royalties to the centre rather than loose all? A STITCH IN TIME SAVES NINE!!!

THE PRACTICE OF TRUE FEDERALISM IS HARAM TO ALL PARASITES!

1 Like

Re: Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities by danduchi(m): 9:29am On Jun 10, 2016
asha80:
are you not talking about 4th mainland bridge? Who told you Na fg dey sponsor am? Do you even know that lasg is not directly funding it? Dont you know it is private funding and those private guys are going to mount various tolls on the bridge?
so what's ur point now?... How much are the northern state getting from FG allocation.. What do they contribute?.. #20B is way too small for ND
Re: Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities by iukpe: 9:29am On Jun 10, 2016
The problem with Nigeria and most crisis is usually the inability to act decisively on time to control a bad situation. Militancy started slowly, Terrorism, Kidnapping all these things if they were treated in the right manner would have a lesser effect on the society today.
Whatever needs to be done must be done to restore peace in the region.
Re: Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities by monday1962(m): 9:31am On Jun 10, 2016
georgegina:
Most of u screaming war av nt even witness a common riot or curfew for 48hrs. Make d war start,shebi na all of us go suffer? Go 2 sudan,seria n d lyks u wil pray 4 a peaceful way of resolving dis malady.
georgegina:
Most of u screaming war av nt even witness a common riot or curfew for 48hrs. Make d war start,shebi na all of us go suffer? Go 2 sudan,seria n d lyks u wil pray 4 a peaceful way of resolving dis malady.

That is the living truth.
This blind agitation will easily land us in south Sudan shoe. This war in the Niger Delta is not for the interest of the whole region. All current governors in the region must b but will only benefi held responsible for their failure. Let them speak out in surport or against these fighting groups. This is the time to choose peace are go the war way the way we are heading now.
Re: Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 10, 2016
Ugomba:
listen up, I am deltan from Anioma root and I grew up with some urhobos, isokos, ijaws, itsekiris etc
these guys will betray Biafra again if war breaks out. Take this to the bank.
Igbos should learn to join hands within themselves alone and fight for their own interest and stop this Igbo/SS minorities brouhaha.
- many of this SS minorities(except Akwa iboms and Calabars) are taught from small age to hate Igbos and many still don't trust Igbos.
Leave these people alone and fight for your own interest.
TRUTH IS BITTER BUT WE MUST EMBRACE IT.
i agree wit wat you wrote but u shud understand that igbos want 2 secede and the ss want resource control or secession.There is common interest even though they are both going about theirs independently, so dont b suprised wen ppl put the two together.
Re: Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities by asha80(m): 9:33am On Jun 10, 2016
danduchi:
so what's ur point now?... How much are the northern state getting from FG allocation.. What do they contribute?.. #20B is way too small for ND
my point is that comparing fg allocation to a region to lasg cost of building a bridge is flawed..do not drag lasg to this discussion as I don't see how it fits here.fg is to blame for whatever fg does..if a state decides to use its whole budget to fund a single infrastructure that is the state's business

1 Like

Re: Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities by blidz2(m): 9:33am On Jun 10, 2016
TrueSenator:
It seems like a successful achievement now but at the long run......Niger Delta may loose because they may not have another round of investors to rebuild the damaged facilities undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided... I'll tell you a story;

A man started destroying his house because he was angry with his father......but he lived in that destroyed house when he resolved the issues with his father. Now his father has forgiven him......he has also forgiven his father....... but both of them lost the confidence and trust from their neighbours and colleagues.....they both experienced a drop in their income thus could not rebuild the house.....Now when the rain came.....he had to live in that same house.... na who loose embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed.

Let's maintain these facilities for posterity sake....at least as a museum. wink wink wink wink wink wink wink Let's communicate our grievances in a peaceful way but to the right persons.

Please stop the anger and let's work out our differences. kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
stupid story coming from a foolish writer
Re: Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities by Goke7: 9:34am On Jun 10, 2016
perryy:

They will succeed in jesus name. Insha Allahu, victory is guaranteed.

No bruv, you can never pick up arms against your govt and win no matter the amount of weapons, boko tried it and failed, the govt is only giving these guys time to finally present themselves as terrorists and they are not intelligent enough to avoid it.
Re: Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities by Rexnegro(m): 9:35am On Jun 10, 2016
princemillla:

nice comment bro..but at times allow wisdom plays The role...NDA re only Being stupid if You ask me.
Re: Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 10, 2016
danduchi:

Your dumbness is inexplicable. Even d rail project in Lagos is not being sponsored by d federal government or FG budget. Neither is eko Atlantic city.
Re: Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities by Ravenna: 9:40am On Jun 10, 2016
LazyWasterners:
I pity Buhari! You can't sow orange and go there to harvest watermelon! You dey craze? When you sow ungovernable government, you reap ungovernable government period!
Karma is a stu.pid ass B.ITCH!
Re: Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities by danduchi(m): 9:45am On Jun 10, 2016
janellemonae:

Your dumbness is inexplicable. Even d rail project in Lagos is not being sponsored by d federal government or FG budget. Neither is eko Atlantic city.
now what's the cos of the insult... I leave you to your conscience
Re: Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities by Ravenna: 9:46am On Jun 10, 2016
princemillla:

where were you when Boko haram bomb Gej admin away, their hopeless a.boki parents knew em but remained dumb.
A daura cow even said "attack on bh is an attack on the north".
Being a zombie is hell.
Karma is a b.itch.
Re: Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 10, 2016
Ugomba:
Let them try and break away, let us see.
They should count the Igbos out of their madness, their fathers betrayed the biafran army during the war for "ONE NIGERIA".
why are they now complaining?
Igbo people should learn to be more smart in playing tactics in Nigeria political sphere.

If I call u bingo now u go say I insult u grin grin talk for urself not for Biafrans coz SS nd SE re one grin
Re: Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities by An0nimus: 9:54am On Jun 10, 2016
DonCortino:

Because the FG dont want them to own it. " if they cant have it, no one will"

Read the last statement you typed without thinking of NDA and co. Sounds pretty childish don't it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Thugs Disrupt Osun Crossover Party, Governor Oyetola Ferried To Safety / Buhari Asked To Dump Jonathan’s PIB / Children Draw To Recount Their Boko Haram Experiences (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.