Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,258 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Ondo State Is Broke,I Can't Pay Workers, Mimiko Says. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo State Is Broke,I Can't Pay Workers, Mimiko Says. (24149 Views)

"Olodo Governor That Can't Pay Salary" Senator Dino Melaye Lambasts Yahaya Bello / It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari / States Get Another Bailout To Pay Workers Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo State Is Broke,I Can't Pay Workers, Mimiko Says. by October1960: 5:11am On Jun 11, 2016
Comment below is true wisdom. Greed corruption and mismanagement is in all tribes and all levels of government.

saintdennis:

'every region determine it's destiny' that's selfish

Have u forgotten oloibiri has dried up? What if. Your wish is granted then suddenly a new cheaper more eco-friendly energy source is discovered? And it's most found in the north... would u want them CONTROLLING THEIR RESOURCES WHILE U STARVE?

Yes the marriage was forced upon us in 1914.. but if under this current arrangement ibori and alams alone could amass so much wealth then I DONT THINK THE PRESENT SYSTEM IS THE PROBLEM! The problem is the politicians /leaders.

Re: Ondo State Is Broke,I Can't Pay Workers, Mimiko Says. by Nobody: 5:56am On Jun 11, 2016
seankay:
Thunder fire Mimiko
Amen bro

1 Like

Re: Ondo State Is Broke,I Can't Pay Workers, Mimiko Says. by saintdennis(m): 6:34am On Jun 11, 2016
AreaFada2:

First ask yourself why Mid-West was created out of South-West region. Midwest people voted overwhelming to go their own way. Led by Oba Akenzua II, Denis Osadebey and other leaders. It was the only legally & democratically created region/ State. Others were by colonial force or by military dictators.
Edo's future can never be with SW or Fulani,or ND or SE. If you're from Edo North and you feel religious ties with Northern & nearly half of SW people, then I see your perspective.

The only correct legal option is Bendel Republic if Nigeria breaks up. Because our fathers/mothers voted for MW/later called Bendel. We can form a confederation with another region if we wish.

The civil war was not caused by regionalism but by powerplay between majority tribes. It began with a North-SW fight. The North encouraged Akintola to scatter Awo's Action Group. Not done, they imposed State of emergency in SW, framed up Awolowo for coup treason and sent him to gulag. They feared Awo's smartness.

Totally appalled, young military officers, mostly Igbo & Midwest Igbo overthrew Northern-led government. Killing Balewa, Bello etc that orchestrated chaos in SW that was affecting Nigeria's stability. Bello was particularly disdainful of Southerners generally. Balewa was his boy.
Check video on youtube of Ahmadu Bello openly telling a British journalist that Southerners should not work in the Northern services freely.

Because coup leaders were mostly Igbo & Ironsi perceived to be lenient with them, Northerners began to massacre Igbo people in the North.

Fearing for safety, they were rushing to the East. Ojukwu & Gowon agreed conditions to avoid war in Aburi Ghana (Aburi Accord). When Gowon later reneged on them, war broke out.

Hmm bro i'm from edo south (orhionwon lga) to be precise.
I'm happy u concur with my assertion that edo is a seperate entity / country n not part of ND.
I also like the fact u pointed out that we can go into a confederacy with the SW (especially) I only added the north because I really feel they are a strategic part of naija.

Now I believe u would have found it curious for me to ignore delta? Well it's because nowadays our cousins In delta DONT KNOW WHO THEY ARE. And eventually they'll be hunted by this.

Most deltans I know claim they are Niger deltans and not bendel. And even a part of delta claims they are biafrans.

And without delta, edo cannot stand strong and economically buoyant as an independent entity.

I believe my error was using the word 'pair' I should have used the term confederacy
Re: Ondo State Is Broke,I Can't Pay Workers, Mimiko Says. by omolayomi06: 6:38am On Jun 11, 2016
chiedu7:
[size=13pt]Another Promise Cancelled[/size]

hmmm Nigeria ship in Bermuda triangle... hmm and DAT man wey dey speak big grammar talk am ooooo God will deliver us.

1 Like

Re: Ondo State Is Broke,I Can't Pay Workers, Mimiko Says. by Distinguishy(m): 6:49am On Jun 11, 2016
4rm January till date? Wot if dia job is d only source of income, especially 4 dos wit families, so ur excuse of broke state is justifiable if they die of starvation?
Re: Ondo State Is Broke,I Can't Pay Workers, Mimiko Says. by saintdennis(m): 6:58am On Jun 11, 2016
AreaFada2:

First ask yourself why Mid-West was created out of South-West region. Midwest people voted overwhelming to go their own way. Led by Oba Akenzua II, Denis Osadebey and other leaders. It was the only legally & democratically created region/ State. Others were by colonial force or by military dictators.
Edo's future can never be with SW or Fulani,or ND or SE. If you're from Edo North and you feel religious ties with Northern & nearly half of SW people, then I see your perspective.

The only correct legal option is Bendel Republic if Nigeria breaks up. Because our fathers/mothers voted for MW/later called Bendel. We can form a confederation with another region if we wish.

The civil war was not caused by regionalism but by powerplay between majority tribes. It began with a North-SW fight. The North encouraged Akintola to scatter Awo's Action Group. Not done, they imposed State of emergency in SW, framed up Awolowo for coup treason and sent him to gulag. They feared Awo's smartness.

Totally appalled, young military officers, mostly Igbo & Midwest Igbo overthrew Northern-led government. Killing Balewa, Bello etc that orchestrated chaos in SW that was affecting Nigeria's stability. Bello was particularly disdainful of Southerners generally. Balewa was his boy.
Check video on youtube of Ahmadu Bello openly telling a British journalist that Southerners should not work in the Northern services freely.

Because coup leaders were mostly Igbo & Ironsi perceived to be lenient with them, Northerners began to massacre Igbo people in the North.

Fearing for safety, they were rushing to the East. Ojukwu & Gowon agreed conditions to avoid war in Aburi Ghana (Aburi Accord). When Gowon later reneged on them, war broke out.

I believe regionalism led to civil war because if u check it out regions had more autonomy b4 the first coup, also political parties weren't 'nationalistic' in their ideals and fuelled the 'divide' between the yoruba, igbo and hausa regions

After the counter-coup, ojukwu felt insulted that Gowon took office and not him(ojukwu) as a result of this MAJOR fact and using the sympathies of the igbos (due to the pogroms of the north) he wanted to secede with his region (which he was the military governor @ dat time)

The deicision of Gowon to 'destroy' regionalism by creating states was a major factor which helped defeat the biafrans.

Rather than go back to regionalism I posit we skip the inevitable 'future war' it will cause again and go straight to dividing the nation if we need to abandon this present system of democracy.

Re: Ondo State Is Broke,I Can't Pay Workers, Mimiko Says. by demslayyerz: 7:24am On Jun 11, 2016
amtaken:
I see you have so much respect that's why you called the Obi of Onitsha names.

Back to the topic:

Why is SW so impoverished? Answer me sincerely ok!

No pretence or changing of topic this time. Thanks in advance!

Hoebi Of Onitsha is a shameless ediot. Impoverished like this pis below? Is that why you all run away from the red mud republic daily since no one want to live in any cursed land.

Re: Ondo State Is Broke,I Can't Pay Workers, Mimiko Says. by SIRTee15: 8:00am On Jun 11, 2016
skywalker001:
I can see ignorant like you are hard to correct. I don't need to argue wit u since u av google on your fone to browse it. But in case u dnt av lemme hep u wit Oil producing states in Nigeria ( Niger Delta states)... 1. Bayelsa state 2. Delta state 3. Rivers state 4. Cross River state 5. Akwa ibom state 6. Abia state 7. Ondo state 8. Anambra state 9. Imo state... When you are clueless about somtin don't disgrace ursef by arguing blindly

stop confusing oil producing states with Niger delta states.
going by your logic, Lagos is Niger delta since commercial exploration of oil has commenced in Lagos.
the true night delta states are delta, Bayelsa, n rivers. The river niger delta can be seen solely in those 3 states.
Re: Ondo State Is Broke,I Can't Pay Workers, Mimiko Says. by Squares: 8:39am On Jun 11, 2016
myners007:
Its ironical for the Southwestern States to complain of being broke after voting for CHANGE.......In life you can only reap what you sow.

can someone pls tell this mumu and his followers that ekiti and ondo state are both pdp states. and the cut in states allocation started GEJ left government. IF U MUST BE A CRITIC WHY NOT BE A REASONABLE ONE.
Re: Ondo State Is Broke,I Can't Pay Workers, Mimiko Says. by AreaFada2: 8:52am On Jun 11, 2016
saintdennis:

I believe regionalism led to civil war because if u check it out regions had more autonomy b4 the first coup, also political parties weren't 'nationalistic' in their ideals and fuelled the 'divide' between the yoruba, igbo and hausa regions

After the counter-coup, ojukwu felt insulted that Gowon took office and not him(ojukwu) as a result of this MAJOR fact and using the sympathies of the igbos (due to the pogroms of the north) he wanted to secede with his region (which he was the military governor @ dat time)

The deicision of Gowon to 'destroy' regionalism by creating states was a major factor which helped defeat the biafrans.

Rather than go back to regionalism I posit we skip the inevitable 'future war' it will cause again and go straight to dividing the nation if we need to abandon this present system of democracy.
From the essay you put up there, that was only doing autopsy without a corpse.
Failure of & highhandedness govt at the centre, orchestrated by puppet master Ahmadu Bello caused culminated set the conditions that eventually caused the war.

How many states needed to be created for about 60-70 million people of that time?

As you mentioned, creation of states was to divide Biafra region. But did that division later get us anywhere? No, it did not. With more states now, we just have high recurrent expenditures, many governors state civil services, aids, houses of assemblies. Just an endless pit to gulp money. Even many states are lamenting they cannot pay workers.

As for regional orientation of political parties, remember amalgamated Nigeria pre-1960 lated from 1914 to 1960, only 46 years. A time most people never left their villages or have TV to see other places. So the kind of stuff to create national unity were absent.
Remember that the North wanted to delay independence. Awo & Zik should have just cut the South out for independence as the North dithered.
With many states now, are we not still ask to go our states of origins (SoR) to contest for elected offices, appointed to positions based on SoR , admitted to schools based on it? How has that brought unity. More division if you ask me.

Earlier in diaspora, an Asaba, Agbor, Warri, Ughelli person saw Edo people as a brother. I had many Delta people referred to me based on being"Bendel" people. It changed after Bendel was split.
Re: Ondo State Is Broke,I Can't Pay Workers, Mimiko Says. by amtaken(f): 9:04am On Jun 11, 2016
So says a brown roofie who lives in Ajegunle instead of his village Ede.

Building of new houses is never ever in the budget of the Omo niles instead they prefer to live in their ancestors brown-roofed mud houses.

Leave the internet sometimes and go hustle like a man, maybe you can build a face-me-I-face-you house with Cameroon Zinc at least.

Leave Ajegunle too, the place is not doing you any good.

Also quit the gutter behaviour.

I wonder if you can ever get polished or should we buy kiwi and polish you?

demslayyerz:

Hoebi Of Onitsha is a shameless ediot. Impoverished like this pis below? Is that why you all run away from the red mud republic daily since no one want to live in any cursed land.
Re: Ondo State Is Broke,I Can't Pay Workers, Mimiko Says. by favouryemmy: 9:25am On Jun 11, 2016
CyerSeries:
True federalism is the way.. Its now or never!

There's a hash tag on twitter #giveNigeriatruefederalism

Register your support for this movement
Re: Ondo State Is Broke,I Can't Pay Workers, Mimiko Says. by deeeeep: 9:25am On Jun 11, 2016
oyb:

wrong. ibori in particular was fully supported by his kinsmen. the only reason he is in jail today is because he did his dirty business in the uk. otherwise, he too would be a free man and sponsoring miltants in delta state

he will even be in the Senate
Re: Ondo State Is Broke,I Can't Pay Workers, Mimiko Says. by Adeolakk(m): 9:49am On Jun 11, 2016
All I see are excuses. He is a governor for God's sake. He should be smart enough to improve his state without the federal government's help. It's not too late.
Re: Ondo State Is Broke,I Can't Pay Workers, Mimiko Says. by CyerSeries: 10:09am On Jun 11, 2016
favouryemmy:

There's a hash tag on twitter #giveNigeriatruefederalism

Register your support for this movement
Thanks.. On my way to twitter now!!
Re: Ondo State Is Broke,I Can't Pay Workers, Mimiko Says. by favourmic(m): 10:43am On Jun 11, 2016
The government is broke the workers is broke everybody is a Brooklyn..... grin
Re: Ondo State Is Broke,I Can't Pay Workers, Mimiko Says. by powermike9999: 10:56am On Jun 11, 2016
Mimiko is a fool.This is a man Dr Olusegun Agagu left 42billion naira for when he was leaving as governor.He used Tinubu's media and judicial machinery to remove Dr Agagu &now he has shown Tinubu& d people of Ondo state that he is a big thief. So sorry for d Ondo people.
Re: Ondo State Is Broke,I Can't Pay Workers, Mimiko Says. by Skmoda360(m): 12:02pm On Jun 11, 2016
powermike9999:
Mimiko is a fool.This is a man Dr Olusegun Agagu left 42billion naira for when he was leaving as governor.He used Tinubu's media and judicial machinery to remove Dr Agagu &now he has shown Tinubu& d people of Ondo state that he is a big thief. So sorry for d Ondo people.
Re: Ondo State Is Broke,I Can't Pay Workers, Mimiko Says. by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 11, 2016
Okay
Re: Ondo State Is Broke,I Can't Pay Workers, Mimiko Says. by dbestuncle: 3:09pm On Jun 11, 2016
chiedu7:

If you dont want Nigeria to sink then listen to what the South-East & South-South want.

They want self determination, which Buhari agrees everybody deserves but ironically he denies us.

And you expect us to be happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH8f03aPb6Y
Buhari has not been fair especially in his utterances towards u but the country is bigger than him. don't support this act of vandalism of ur brothers. I pray our leaders discover that we don't all need to b bad b4 they want to hear us. at present it seems if u want to b heard u must carry arms and shed blood but that's not wat it she be.
Re: Ondo State Is Broke,I Can't Pay Workers, Mimiko Says. by myners007: 3:55pm On Jun 11, 2016
Squares:

can someone pls tell this mumu and his followers that ekiti and ondo state are both pdp states. and the cut in states allocation started GEJ left government. IF U MUST BE A CRITIC WHY NOT BE A REASONABLE ONE.
its quite evident in your statement that you are your folks who voted for this change are still far from reality, that why they always tag u guys as traitors especially when it comes to Nigeria politics. Please wake up from your slumber and face reality. No invectives bro, big up
Re: Ondo State Is Broke,I Can't Pay Workers, Mimiko Says. by chiedu7: 4:45pm On Jun 11, 2016
dbestuncle:

Buhari has not been fair especially in his utterances towards u but the country is bigger than him. don't support this act of vandalism of ur brothers. I pray our leaders discover that we don't all need to b bad b4 they want to hear us. at present it seems if u want to b heard u must carry arms and shed blood but that's not wat it she be.

I can see you are being truthful and I appreciate it.

But the truth be told, Nigeria is not united.

The North have this feeling that we should be sreving them.

They only say quota system when it favours them.
Look at Buhari's appointments.

The oil is in the Niger Delta and yet buhari is ignoring the Niger Delta to pump money in the North-East.
Why won't they be vexed ?

See the way IPOB people are being murdered and yet they wont tackle the Fulani Herdsmen.

Buhari said we are the 5%, well this 5% are gonna call the shots.

Let the truth be told Nigeria as an entity is DEAD!

The only thing holding Nigeria together is OIL
If the Oil were in the North, they would have left Nigeria years ago.

God being kind put the oil in the South.

Oil or no Oil, we are leaving Nigeria
Re: Ondo State Is Broke,I Can't Pay Workers, Mimiko Says. by Ahmedie28(m): 4:57pm On Jun 11, 2016
myners007:
Its ironical for the Southwestern States to complain of being broke after voting for CHANGE.......In life you can only reap what you sow.
Mimiko never voted for change, ondo state is reaping the dirty seed mimiko germinated during PDP regime.

1 Like

Re: Ondo State Is Broke,I Can't Pay Workers, Mimiko Says. by Laid2001: 5:12pm On Jun 11, 2016
Ekiti and Ondo have PDP governors!

myners007:
Re: Ondo State Is Broke,I Can't Pay Workers, Mimiko Says. by myners007: 5:59pm On Jun 11, 2016
Laid2001:
Ekiti and Ondo have PDP governors!

wHICH PARTY WON THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION IN ONDO LAST YEAR
Re: Ondo State Is Broke,I Can't Pay Workers, Mimiko Says. by dbestuncle: 12:17am On Jun 14, 2016
chiedu7:

I can see you are being truthful and I appreciate it.

But the truth be told, Nigeria is not united.

The North have this feeling that we should be sreving them.

They only say quota system when it favours them.
Look at Buhari's appointments.

The oil is in the Niger Delta and yet buhari is ignoring the Niger Delta to pump money in the North-East.
Why won't they be vexed ?

See the way IPOB people are being murdered and yet they wont tackle the Fulani Herdsmen.

Buhari said we are the 5%, well this 5% are gonna call the shots.

Let the truth be told Nigeria as an entity is DEAD!

The only thing holding Nigeria together is OIL
If the Oil were in the North, they would have left Nigeria years ago.

God being kind put the oil in the South.

Oil or no Oil, we are leaving Nigeria

Nigeria's breakage will definitely happen someday but at present we are not ripe for it. most especially because u who so desire it are not united enough to say we are set for ipob, massob or Biafra.

This ur goal becomes easily attainable wen ur leaders are able to withdraw from Abuja and political offices and declare that they have a better stand to stand with u than with Buhari. wen ur Governors can call a meeting and set to set dates and agenda. Then asked the Igbo's to retrieve home to all declare and decree the new country. Violence will be very minimal.

but the way u guys are talking. u seem to b set for war n that wouldn't help much

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Vote Out ‘The Tyrants’ - Jimi Agbaje Tells Lagosians Ahead Of March 9 / APC Campaign Rally In Ovia South-West (Photos) / Atiku Visits Kwankwaso In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.