Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? (12258 Views)

Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven / Ancient People Were Spiritually More Advanced Than Modern People. / Why Africa Never Developed Technologically Despite All The Secrets We Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by geoworldedu: 3:40pm On May 24, 2019
theoneJabulani:
obviously, u should have realized DAT when Jesus came to earth to learn carpentry to build mansions in heaven
What kind of funny post is this na angry
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by geoworldedu: 3:41pm On May 24, 2019
[quote author=Patroclous post=46520208][/quote]You go fear prophecy. OtemAtum come and see dem dem.
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by geoworldedu: 3:51pm On May 24, 2019
DJHANDSOME:
This thread can convert a strong spirit filled christian into a militant atheist. It's not only thought provoking,its entertaining, revealing and funny.

'Jesus came to learn carpentry work on earth ,so he could go back and build mansions in heaven' grin grin
That quote got me laffing so much that I almost coughed to death grin
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by asalimpo(m): 7:38pm On May 24, 2019
The premise of your assumption are wrong and foolish.
1) a wise God will not use inefficient technology. Wisdom demands that you use what gets the job done at the least possible cost.
We use computers cuz they save cost-time nd labour.
Would humans created by God then b wiser than God? This is impossible.

2) you assume that it is in heaven as it is on earth. On earth, book nd paper tech is cumbersome. Slow and Hard to search, slow to enter data and insecure nd unsafe and unportable. The book on earth rot due to humidity can b eaten by ants and termites and become unweildy to carry around as their mass increases.
Computer storage overcomes some of this limitations.
Large data can b stored at less space cost.
Searching is faster .
It is portable.
Is this the case in heaven?
But computer storage hav limitations. Data can get corrupted , recorded data can b erased and changed. It can b lost.
Despite the storage savings, there is still some storage cost involved for huge data,huge energy costs too.
Google has huge data centers. These data centers store huge vats of information in large warehouse size buildings requiring custom built cooling just to serve the about 1 billion hits it receives in a day and the less than 10% of the internet it indexes? Let me recap: google indexes less than 10% of the available internet yet it's 'hard drive' is warehouse sizes large! God,indexes ALL of human activity from the begin of creation to the end of human existence! Everything, and these acts are stored cheaply in books! No cooling cost. No hard disk failure. No expensive electricity costs. None of those! And no lost,dropped data! Think of that! Those books are super books.

This same God asked Job,if he has ever caught the thunder in his hand? Job couldnt answer Him. If humanity could capture the energy in a thunder bolt and store it cheaply, what would that do to our electricity problems? The energy in a bolt could probably power a city or commune for along time but we just watch them waste. Helpless to harness them.
Na! I think it's the other way round. God nd d angels look at us and decry our primitivity.
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by TVSA: 8:20pm On May 24, 2019
asalimpo:
1) a wise God will not use inefficient technology. Wisdom demands that you use what gets the job done at the least possible cost.

2) you assume that it is in heaven as it is on earth. On earth, book nd paper tech is cumbersome. Slow and Hard to search, slow to enter data and insecure nd unsafe and unportable. The book on earth rot due to humidity can b eaten by ants and termites and become unweildy to carry around as their mass increases.
Searching is faster .
It is portable.
But computer storage hav limitations. Data can get corrupted , recorded data can b erased and changed. It can b lost.
Despite the storage savings, there is still some storage cost involved for huge data,huge energy costs too.
Google has huge data centers. These data centers store huge vats of information in large warehouse size buildings requiring custom built cooling just to serve the about 1 billion hits it receives in a day and the less than 10% of the internet it indexes? Let me recap: google indexes less than 10% of the available internet yet it's 'hard drive' is warehouse sizes large! God,indexes ALL of human activity from the begin of creation to the end of human existence! Everything, and these acts are stored cheaply in books! No cooling cost. No hard disk failure. No expensive electricity costs. None of those! And no lost,dropped data! Think of that! Those books are super books.

This same God asked Job,if he has ever caught the thunder in his hand? Job couldnt answer Him. If humanity could capture the energy in a thunder bolt and store it cheaply, what would that do to our electricity problems? The energy in a bolt could probably power a city or commune for along time but we just watch them waste. Helpless to harness them.
Na! I think it's the other way round. God nd d angels look at us and decry our primitivity.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by johnw47: 11:39pm On May 24, 2019
geoworldedu:
You go fear prophecy. OtemAtum come and see dem dem.

homo geo
even otem doesn't want to associate himself
with a queer poofie cat
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by geoworldedu: 10:35pm On May 25, 2019
asalimpo:

Searching is faster .
It is portable.

You make a lot of sense ironically.
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by geoworldedu: 2:16pm On May 27, 2019
I'll always ask this question
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by geoworldedu: 4:01pm On Jun 05, 2019
I need an answer
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by Joagbaje(m): 12:43pm On Jun 14, 2019
johnydon22:

The truth is Gods are always what humans say they are and every human society differs in technology and value expectations.

Of course the Gods must have been using paper.
One apologetic on this thread as usual wanted to re-imagine it this time to mean e-book therefore a computer necessary.

-The writer of the revelation also ate one scroll an angel gave him, you just can't eat an e-book believe me i have tried..lol.

- he is now re-assuming it from the technological stand point of his time, soon it will still change. future technology and information technology will be more advanced and better than ours.
then it will have to be reinterpreted again.

Humans say what and how the Gods behave which always reflects their own society and views.

You may be right to an extent, God could show vision to people which may reflect their present day to day life ,fashion ,level of development etc. But That only has to do with the understanding of the individual. But God is still God . He was never primitive. Heaven is advanced in technology beyond alien and human development.

-in the bible heaven was still using horses, swords and chariots
this was because it was written in the era this technology ruled, it was fabricated by a mind only familiar with those crude techs.

if anyone comes out now and say the heavens are now using cars, planes and guns then sadly the heavens are dependent on man to develop and shows man and the gods are always developing together.

man is always modifying his Gods to suit his time...

Xenophanes (6th century BCE) famously
said that if cows and horses had hands, "then horses would draw the forms of
gods like horses, and cows like cows".

You will be surprised to see that God revealed technology in the bible .
Helicopter, aeroplane and other air or space crafts .

Ezk 1:15 — Ezk 1:18
Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel upon the earth by the living creatures, with his four faces. The appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel. When they went, they went upon their four sides: and they turned not when they went. As for their rings, they were so high that they were dreadful; and their rings were full of eyes round about them four.

Rev 9:9 — Rev 9:10
And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle. And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.

Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by OtemAtum: 7:36pm On Jun 14, 2019
Joagbaje:

You may be right to an extent, God could show vision to people which may reflect their present day to day life ,fashion ,level of development etc. But That only has to do with the understanding of the individual. But God is still God . He was never primitive. Heaven is advanced in technology beyond alien and human development.

[color=#990000]Ezk 1:15 — Ezk 1:18
Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel upon the earth by the living creatures, with his four faces. The appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel. When they went, they went upon their four sides: and they turned not when they went. As for their rings, they were so high that they were dreadful; and their rings were full of eyes round about them four.
Which modern day technology is described here, pls? I'm interested in knowing.

Joagbaje: Rev 9:9 — Rev 9:10
And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle. And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.
Pls what's the name of this invention in our modern day? Don't say that I am bothering you o. However, Nicholas whose visions were hated by the Christians saw a lot of our technologies and he was able to explain them more vividly than these vague ones above. Read the book of Niklas to see them.

Niklatians 11: 11-13
11. Now hear this: for this is a true prophecy: the homos of the world shall go from one nation to another through the air. And they shall ride in metals made with engines. And the use of horses and camels shall be made uncommon. 12. And I say that the use of fire for seeing shall become uncommon, for lights shall be made by a thinker to replace the use of fire in seeing. 13. And the homos of the future shall see afar off with great devices which they shall make.
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by Funaki: 8:06pm On Jun 14, 2019
Joagbaje:

So if John had written Revelations today, he would've seen Drones and nuclear weapons instead of chariots and horses? If that's true, why do you think the vision he saw 2000 years ago is still relevant today?

Joagbaje:

Ezk 1:15 — Ezk 1:18

Rev 9:9 — Rev 9:10

and how does a beast with four faces or locusts relate to helicopter and aeroplane?
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by Joagbaje(m): 4:39pm On Jun 17, 2019
Funaki:

So if John had written Revelations today, he would've seen Drones and nuclear weapons instead of chariots and horses? If that's true, why do you think the vision he saw 2000 years ago is still relevant today?

and how does a beast with four faces or locusts relate to helicopter and aeroplane?

That's the best way he could describe what he sees . Helicopter has tail . The propeller makes noise
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by geoworldedu: 8:18am On Aug 20, 2019
Joagbaje:

That's the best way he could describe what he sees . Helicopter has tail . The propeller makes noise
He must be very daft if that's the best way he could describe it. His god must be daft as well.
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by geoworldedu: 4:15am On Sep 12, 2019
If Heaven Were to Be A Town On Earth...

It Would Have Been Boring and Back word Technologically
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by geoworldedu: 2:51am On Apr 04, 2020
Dazzlings did you see this thread wen it was hot? cheesy
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by geoworldedu: 9:29pm On Apr 10, 2020
Why?
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by geoworldedu: 1:02am On Apr 20, 2020
I say why again?
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by balmofgilead: 8:34am On Apr 22, 2020
Firstly, why are you attacking the bible and christianity alone? I believe you know it's not the only religion in existence.

Also, It may just be that deep down you know that Jesus the son of the most high God is Alive. But just as a child would throw tantrums to get his parents attention, you have relentlessly chosen to seek his attention by being insolent and via the internet. You stated that in heaven technology is non-existent, how then do you expect God the one you are truly and earnestly seeking, although through the wrong means, supposed to reply you?

If you dont believe in him why do you waste your time talking to 'no one'. I guess you just want to humiliate certain people and I wonder why you want to bully others.

Just relax, live your life and let others do same.
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by geoworldedu: 2:42pm On Apr 22, 2020
balmofgilead:
Firstly, why are you attacking the bible and christianity alone? I believe you know it's not the only religion in existence.
The Bible is the only religious book I have read and I find that it is full of nonsense.

:
Also, It may just be that deep down you know that Jesus the son of the most high God is Alive. But just as a child would throw tantrums to get his parents attention, you have relentlessly chosen to seek his attention by being insolent and via the internet. You stated that in heaven technology is non-existent, how then do you expect God the one you are truly and earnestly seeking, although through the wrong means, supposed to reply you?
I didn't say that technology is non-existent in heaven, I only say that even Mozambique's technology is a thousand times better than heaven's future technology where people will be eating scrolls and God will be using incense and other archaic stuffs

If you dont believe in him why do you waste your time talking to 'no one'. I guess you just want to humiliate certain people and I wonder why you want to bully others.

[/quote]
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by geoworldedu: 2:44pm On Apr 22, 2020
balmofgilead:
The Bible is the only religious book I have read and I find that it is full of nonsense.

]Also, It may just be that deep down you know that Jesus the son of the most high God is Alive. But just as a child would throw tantrums to get his parents attention, you have relentlessly chosen to seek his attention by being insolent and via the internet. You stated that in heaven technology is non-existent, how then do you expect God the one you are truly and earnestly seeking, although through the wrong means, supposed to reply you? [/quote] I didn't say that technology is non-existent in heaven, I only say that even Mozambique's technology is a thousand times better than heaven's future technology where people will be eating scrolls and God will be using incense and other archaic stuffs
balmofgilead:

[quote author= :

Who told you that I don't believe in God? I believe he exists, just that he has lower IQ than humans. Did u say I should relax and live my life to let others live theirs? That would have been realistic if others don't disturb my ears with noises early in the morning, knocking my door and telling me nonsense about their God, etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by dada01(m): 2:50pm On Apr 22, 2020
shevi4mb:
I dnt know why religious ppl tend to be violent wen it comes to God affair compared to atheists. Yet, these religious ppl dnt get a bit disturbed while insultin other gods so far it's nt their god.
If someone does nt undrstand what you understand, pls make him understand in a kind and simple way. Rmember u could have been in that position.

@ Op..dnt know about the bible, but the Koran talked about today's technology thousands of years ago. Go chk youtube to see that.
The Jinn's (anoda creature of God) technology surpasses ours in every category.
The so-called Aliens are God's creature.
NB: i jst wnt to assume ur post is a sincere type nt a derisry cheer

Laughable
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by OtemAtum: 3:18pm On Apr 22, 2020
Jehovah's heaven is in trouble
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by Ahasco(m): 6:47pm On Apr 22, 2020
geoworldedu:
This one gidi gan o.

On earth we are using COMPUTER to store trillions of information without even needing to touch some of them. Sometimes we speak to our computers and things are being done. Guys do you know that in heaven where god is sitting on his throne, where Muafrika2, Kingebukasblog and Joagbaje will be judged, they still don't know how to invent hi-tech machines. I can't imagine when I bought an exercise book to be writing things inside sef, where my tab dey with me?

But see the heavenly city where Joagbaje will be judged. Imagine what they are still using to store information:

Revelation 20:12
And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, [size=16pt] and books were opened. Another book was opened,[/size] which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.

See the mumu god sef, instead of coming to the earth to buy just one I-pad, the guy still dey make use of books, IMAGINE, THE BOOKS WERE OPENED. The guy had to write inside many books instead of using only a single IPAD of ordinary 1 megabyte internal memory. No need of external memory sef.

since it's only letters they're writing, it won't take much memory.

Hardmirror, Johnydon22, Hahn, Otemanuduno, Keandre, Ranchoddas, Kingebukasblog, Malvisguy, Ebiagtales, Philfearon, come o, food Don set grin

You for even ask them weda their god saw this present and the future technological advancement. Lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by balmofgilead: 8:07pm On Apr 22, 2020
geoworldedu:

I didn't say that technology is non-existent in heaven, I only say that even Mozambique's technology is a thousand times better than heaven's future technology where people will be eating scrolls and God will be using incense and other archaic stuffs

Why are you angry really? Open up to me and I wont judge. I bet your story isnt as bad as some people. Please tell me.
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by Bacteriologist(m): 9:39pm On Apr 22, 2020
Phew great thread grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by ojaysam25(m): 9:57pm On Apr 22, 2020
very dumb...don't joke with stuff like that @op how old are you?

modified
the verse you quoted was written more than thousands of years ago....how was the world then..may God have mercy on you.
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by Bacteriologist(m): 10:10pm On Apr 22, 2020
ojaysam25:

modified
the verse you quoted was written more than thousands of years ago....how was the world then..may God have mercy on you.

The Bible perfectly mirrors the mentality of the stone age because it was WRITTEN by men of the stone age.

A book inspired by a timeless all-knowing god would do better. Like for example, contain information about materials used in the modern world. Well at least some of it.

Think about weapons of warfare for example, you've got swords, spears, armors and chariots.
No mention of guns, nuclear warheads, drones, gunships or aircraft carriers in the BuyBull.

Mainly because of one thing: ignorance. It is almost obviously impossible that men like these had any actual relationship at all with an actual supposedly intelligent supreme being.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by geoworldedu: 10:21pm On Apr 22, 2020
balmofgilead:

Why are you angry really? Open up to me and I wont judge. I bet your story isnt as bad as some people. Please tell me.
Angry with who?
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by geoworldedu: 10:24pm On Apr 22, 2020
ojaysam25:

modified
But it is written in the book of Revelation and the book of Revelation is about the future. So how can heaven's future be filled with scrolls, candlesticks, incense and other archaic stuffs when we are already enjoying Hi-Tech stuff and 4G in the world?
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by ojaysam25(m): 10:32pm On Apr 22, 2020
Bacteriologist:

The Bible perfectly mirrors the mentality of the stone age because it was WRITTEN by men of the stone age.

A book inspired by a timeless all-knowing god would do better. Like for example, contain information about materials used in the modern world. Well at least some of it.

Think about weapons of warfare for example, you've got swords, spears, armors and carrots.
No mention of guns, nuclear warheads, drones, gunships or aircraft carriers.

Mainly because of one thing: ignorance. It is almost obviously impossible that men like these had any actual relationship at all with an actual supposedly intelligent supreme being.
Re: Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? by ojaysam25(m): 10:33pm On Apr 22, 2020
Bacteriologist:

Think about weapons of warfare for example, you've got swords, spears, armors and carrots.
No mention of guns, nuclear warheads, drones, gunships or aircraft carriers.

so in your own opinion the bible should be updated regularly to suit the modern age...what if computers and iPad becomes outdated 2000 years from now...
The wisdom of men is foolishness to God...I just hope you dont incure curse on yourself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You / Five Worth Knowing Important Facts About Palm Sunday. / Is It Right For A Church To Excommunicate An Erring Member?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.