Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Is Power Supply Improving In Your Neighbourhood? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Power Supply Improving In Your Neighbourhood? (6290 Views)

Poll: Any Improvements ?

Yes: 36% (37 votes)
No: 63% (64 votes)
This poll has ended

Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience / Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? / How Is Power Supply In Your Area After Barth Nnaji's Resignation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Power Supply Improving In Your Neighbourhood? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 09, 2009
Bros, nothing wrong in asking. 

Afterall we have no other country but Naija grin
Re: Is Power Supply Improving In Your Neighbourhood? by fashooo: 2:58pm On Sep 09, 2009
ye, power supply is improving in ma area now.i stay in aguda ogba in lagos here.
Re: Is Power Supply Improving In Your Neighbourhood? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 09, 2009
Great Stuff! grin
Re: Is Power Supply Improving In Your Neighbourhood? by CrudeOil2(m): 3:05pm On Sep 09, 2009
Kai! This thread funny o!
Re: Is Power Supply Improving In Your Neighbourhood? by GeeCee(m): 3:16pm On Sep 09, 2009
YES
Re: Is Power Supply Improving In Your Neighbourhood? by tunle: 3:38pm On Sep 09, 2009
PS, HMMMM,
every one on my street has at least a generator, most p'ple wit 2 gens to alternate cos our area is not on the PS map. but it would also interest u to know that we have a nepa top officer close to my house but stays and works in abuja. any time he is around, PS is always constant and if they make a mistake of taking it, believe me, it would be returned in less than 2mins.
this nepa guy only comes home during festive periods and some outstanding wkends. how we for do now?
Re: Is Power Supply Improving In Your Neighbourhood? by maingate: 3:38pm On Sep 09, 2009
i don't understand the way some of us think. seeing they say is believing , so the best thing to do is for you to fly back to Nigeria now and see things for yourself. if power has improvement you will definitely see it. so if NEPA OR POWER HOLDING gives  maximum power of 2hours a day is good for the country abi? . I PRAY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT WILL RELEASE POWER INSTEAD OF HOLDING IT
Re: Is Power Supply Improving In Your Neighbourhood? by Excllncy(m): 4:18pm On Sep 09, 2009
I bought a generator last month cos i was tired of de situation. we were having light twice in a week (2hrs a day). And its either 2pm or 2am. Thanks to de women in my area who protested, blocked the minister's road and held him and his staff hostage for hours. Today we have light on daily basis (at least 5hrs a day). It was de women who saved de situation. From 2hrs a day, twice a week to 5hrs a day for a whole week. Thank God.
Re: Is Power Supply Improving In Your Neighbourhood? by estagirl(f): 4:38pm On Sep 09, 2009
improve for where be that i cant remember when i set my eyes last on electricity.(Abeokuta)
Re: Is Power Supply Improving In Your Neighbourhood? by otukpo(f): 4:46pm On Sep 09, 2009
PS has not improved at all both where i stay in lagos and in the east. Maybe by the said december, we'll notice an improvemt. For now, it is still very bad.
Re: Is Power Supply Improving In Your Neighbourhood? by debetmx(m): 4:50pm On Sep 09, 2009
Its being improving but not much
Re: Is Power Supply Improving In Your Neighbourhood? by olabukola: 4:59pm On Sep 09, 2009
I release the Power in the name of JESUS CHRIST. Can somebody shout Alleluya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Is Power Supply Improving In Your Neighbourhood? by Jakumo(m): 6:06pm On Sep 09, 2009
tunle:

PS, HMMMM,
every one on my street has at least a generator, most p'ple wit 2 gens to alternate cos our area is not on the PS map. but it would also interest u to know that [b]we have a nepa top officer close to my house but stays and works in abuja. any time he is around, PS is always constant and if they make a mistake of taking it, believe me, it would be returned in less than 2mins.[/b]this nepa guy only comes home during festive periods and some outstanding wkends. how we for do now?

Many unpatriotic Nigerians fail to recognize the Dividends of Democracy, even while they are consuming them.  The writer of the above post enjoys uninterrupted electrical power whenever a senior power company official visits his neighborhood, but rather than rejoicing over his good luck, complains in a most un-sportsman like manner about the short duration of that electricity allocation.

It is common knowledge that state governors and other top government officials in Nigeria are often "followed" by uninterrupted mains electricity, whenever they visit areas of the country otherwise forgotten in permanent blackouts.  This strategic electricity "gift" to all inhabited areas located along the travel route of government bigwigs ensures that locals are kept temporarily busy utilizing that unexpected electrical power to catch up on lost income, and are therefore left with no immediate motivation to line the streets to greet the august visitor with angry placards calling for an end to the blackout, at least until the departure of the VIP from the area, whereafter darkness is swiftly restored.

In many parts of Nigeria, electrical power is only provided to selected areas of towns or cities, as a grudgingly betowed favor obtainable ONLY during special, deserving occasions such as the marriages or funerals of rich people who have the means to tender those massive bribes expected by the power utility officials empowered  to consider the appoval of that fleeting privilege.

The disgruntled elements who seem to assume that they have a right to use electrical power provided by the state in Nigeria would be well advised to direct their energy towards fasting and prayers that will persuade the Good Lord to bless their neigborhoods with countless marriages and funerals of rich people, supported by regular VIP visitations, campaign rallies and tours of inspection.   LET THERE BE LIGHT ! 

Praise the Lord, and can I hear someone say hallelujah !
Re: Is Power Supply Improving In Your Neighbourhood? by dipo2much(m): 6:54pm On Sep 09, 2009
There is favoritism in the distribution. No improvement in my area
Re: Is Power Supply Improving In Your Neighbourhood? by tokunegiye(m): 6:59pm On Sep 09, 2009
up PHCN
Re: Is Power Supply Improving In Your Neighbourhood? by fm4real2k6(m): 7:08pm On Sep 09, 2009
I know all of you wont believe it, and you can as well go make your research on this, in Osogbo, and i mean Osogbo the state capital of osun state, you get electricity almost 24hrs, at least in a day you can guarantie that you will have light for 20hrs, and most times in 3days non stop you dont get to have power interuption.

Although depending on area that one is staying , you can as well have "transformer" problem then electricity supply in your area an be limited. But the truth is that Electricity in Osogbo is as regular as anything you can call it.

you can go and confirm it yourself or come over to OS (Osogbo) and feel what i'm saying.

Fm baba
Re: Is Power Supply Improving In Your Neighbourhood? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:12pm On Sep 09, 2009
the favouritism part is not new. it has been on for as long as nepa has been in existence.
Re: Is Power Supply Improving In Your Neighbourhood? by Depilot(m): 7:15pm On Sep 09, 2009
Capital "NO"
Re: Is Power Supply Improving In Your Neighbourhood? by GeorgeD1(m): 8:02pm On Sep 09, 2009
what's no? how come some areas have more light than others? and these places
don't even generate 1 watt of power!
Re: Is Power Supply Improving In Your Neighbourhood? by lannre(m): 8:11pm On Sep 09, 2009
No sign of improvement in my area- Agbado Ijaiye area of Afbado Oke Odo Local Govt Dev Center. But there is an incessant increase in the billing,from 400 Naira per flat to N1226. Its almost a year we have what I can call two hours un interrupted power supply.
Re: Is Power Supply Improving In Your Neighbourhood? by GeorgeD1(m): 8:21pm On Sep 09, 2009
a whole year without 2 continuos hours of electric power?! how sad!
Re: Is Power Supply Improving In Your Neighbourhood? by seweoye(m): 8:52pm On Sep 09, 2009
i beg make them stop all this there 6000mw stuff,because its making power supply much more worse,it used to be better than the supply this days.
Re: Is Power Supply Improving In Your Neighbourhood? by stmanpule(m): 9:15pm On Sep 09, 2009
electricity has become gold that should be rearly seen once in a while, i dont think Nigeria generaly generates up to 1000 megawatts .
http://mycitynews..com
Re: Is Power Supply Improving In Your Neighbourhood? by yampoo(m): 9:44pm On Sep 09, 2009
I live in Edo-State,Benin-City to be precise . To be honest and sincere It's a big (YES) For the past 4 months power supply have been constant in my area.We can boast of 20Hrs Power Supply per-day uptill now.

Kudos to PHCN,I pray they should keep it up.
Re: Is Power Supply Improving In Your Neighbourhood? by dbaptist1(m): 10:28pm On Sep 09, 2009
INSTEAD THE TOPIC SHUD BE "is power depreciating in your area"
Re: Is Power Supply Improving In Your Neighbourhood? by edhonda: 10:37pm On Sep 09, 2009
P H C N - POWER HOARDING COMPANY OF NIGERIA   grin
Re: Is Power Supply Improving In Your Neighbourhood? by semid4lyfe(m): 10:37pm On Sep 09, 2009
Light ko, darkness ni.
Re: Is Power Supply Improving In Your Neighbourhood? by jasmine21(f): 10:51pm On Sep 09, 2009
which kind improve? mscheeww!!! as am writing dis, dere's no light in ma crib. it improved jst a little in dis part of lagos. but still very unreliable. they'll only bring it when ure not able 2 use it.
omo!! in dis nigeria without a generator u can do absolutely nothing!!!
its a shame cos we used to enjoy 24/7 electricity when obasanjo was dere. some places in lagos hvnt seen light 4 about 6months. abeg dont let ur family members lie to you ooo!!!
Re: Is Power Supply Improving In Your Neighbourhood? by lastpage: 10:58pm On Sep 09, 2009
Right Question should have been: Has Power Outage improved in your Hood?
Like "Flashing" the electricity for 7mins, so that people can "quickly warm" their electronics!
grin
Re: Is Power Supply Improving In Your Neighbourhood? by spoOne: 11:01pm On Sep 09, 2009
Any reference benchmark - daily/weekly/monthly expectation per community, city, or state? You must have some kind of yardsick in order to measure improvements or the lack thereof.
Re: Is Power Supply Improving In Your Neighbourhood? by jasmine21(f): 11:03pm On Sep 09, 2009
I know all of you wont believe it, and you can as well go make your research on this, in Osogbo, and i mean Osogbo the state capital of osun state, you get electricity almost 24hrs, at least in a day you can guarantie that you will have light for 20hrs, and most times in  3days non stop you dont get to have power interuption.

Although depending on area that one is staying , you can as well have  "transformer" problem then  electricity supply in your area an be limited. But the truth is that Electricity in Osogbo is as regular as anything you can call it.

you can go and confirm it yourself or come over to OS (Osogbo) and feel what i'm saying.

this is actually very true!! my dad works in osogbo n their light over there doesnt blink once. infact, if dey take it, the're bringin it bak in seconds. mehn!! its crazy. all dis electricity shit we're complaining about here, osogbo doesnt even know what it means. their light is 24-7.
Re: Is Power Supply Improving In Your Neighbourhood? by jasmine21(f): 11:06pm On Sep 09, 2009
I know all of you wont believe it, and you can as well go make your research on this, in Osogbo, and i mean Osogbo the state capital of osun state, you get electricity almost 24hrs, at least in a day you can guarantie that you will have light for 20hrs, and most times in  3days non stop you dont get to have power interuption.

Although depending on area that one is staying , you can as well have  "transformer" problem then  electricity supply in your area an be limited. But the truth is that Electricity in Osogbo is as regular as anything you can call it.

this is actually very true!! my dad works in osogbo n their light over there doesnt blink once. infact, if dey take it, the're bringin it bak in seconds. mehn!! its crazy. all dis electricity shit we're complaining about here, osogbo doesnt even know what it means. their light is 24-7.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abuja Court Jails Ekpendu Cyril For Impersonating Reuben Abati / We're Merging To Save Nigeria -ACN, CPC, ANPP / Kano!!! One Of The Most Under Rated State In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.