Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

We Have Kept Our Promise Of Creating Jobs For Nigerians – Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have Kept Our Promise Of Creating Jobs For Nigerians – Lai Mohammed (28013 Views)

Buhari's Campaign Promise Of Defeating Boko Haram About To Be Delivered / APC's Promise Of Providing 3,000,000 Jobs In A Year: I Just Want To Remind PMB / Lack Of Electricity Has Helped In Creating Jobs(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Have Kept Our Promise Of Creating Jobs For Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by Slimbideb: 5:15am On Jun 14, 2016
The Federal Government has said that it has kept its words by commencing job creation across the country in fulfillment of its campaign promises.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, stated this in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, on Monday at the South-South Town Hall Meeting organised by his ministry.

He said that construction and ancillary workers have started returning to work in droves as contractors are mobilized back to the various road construction projects across the country.

Alhaji Mohammed listed some of the road construction works that have resumed as: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Bode Sadu-Jebba road, Abuja-Lokoja road, Kano-Maiduguri road and the Loko and Oweto bridge linking Nasarawa to Benue.

He said work would soon start on the 2nd Niger Bridge which, he said, is in this year’s budget, adding: ”As more and more road construction works resume in the days ahead, thousands of Nigerians will also be returning to work.”

The Minister also said the recruitment of 500,000 teachers had commenced through the online portal ‘npower.gov.ng’, while listing other direct job creation and training schemes that are ongoing now as the N-Power Knowledge, which is training 25,000 Nigerians in technology, and N-Power Build, which is training another 75,000 Nigerians in building services.
According to him, the Federal Government is exploring the agricultural sector for massive job creation through the repositioning of the River Basin Development Authorities.

“Still talking about jobs, an agreement has been signed to reposition the River Basin Development Authorities within the next 18-24 months. The agreement between the River Basin Development Authorities and the Songhai Farms of Benin Republic includes the training of unemployed youths in integrated farm practice. This programme is complimentary to the upcoming Youth Agriculture Empowerment Programme being planned by the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development,” Alhaji Mohammed said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/job-creation-kept-word-lai-mohammed/

2 Likes

Re: We Have Kept Our Promise Of Creating Jobs For Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by kolnel: 5:16am On Jun 14, 2016
Job loss, he meant
Has Nigerians had it this bad ?
Definitely no

170 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Have Kept Our Promise Of Creating Jobs For Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by mysteriousman(m): 5:16am On Jun 14, 2016
Na this kind work be job?, let the economy be better first before offering people this kind of jobs, jobs with this kind of low pay usually amounts to nothing

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have Kept Our Promise Of Creating Jobs For Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by youngest85(m): 5:19am On Jun 14, 2016
smiles
Re: We Have Kept Our Promise Of Creating Jobs For Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by lincolnj88: 5:21am On Jun 14, 2016
grin just when you think he has repented.... you see another tsunami

416 Likes 23 Shares

Re: We Have Kept Our Promise Of Creating Jobs For Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by ybalogs(m): 5:22am On Jun 14, 2016
I don't have a job yet and I know like 15 friends that already lost their jobs. I'm not complaining but please, stop lieing. We're not stupid and I for one still believe things will only get better but please, don't spoon feed us. OK?
God bless Nigeria and Nigerians.

102 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Have Kept Our Promise Of Creating Jobs For Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by tuniski: 5:26am On Jun 14, 2016
I wonder whether any of their own children are to be employed in any of the low level schemes they called jobs.

May God forgive this govt for the millions of jobs and businesses they have killed .

Anyway, let the roll out begin half bread is better than full chin chin!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Kept Our Promise Of Creating Jobs For Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by henrygale(m): 5:26am On Jun 14, 2016
Pseudojobs!
Propaganda jobs.
God help us

34 Likes

Re: We Have Kept Our Promise Of Creating Jobs For Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by Aremu01(m): 5:31am On Jun 14, 2016
Those ones na job?... Toor... God de

6 Likes

Re: We Have Kept Our Promise Of Creating Jobs For Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by bonechamberlain(m): 5:53am On Jun 14, 2016
So APC would count this npower scheme as job creation. There is problem in this country.

83 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Kept Our Promise Of Creating Jobs For Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 5:54am On Jun 14, 2016
lincolnj88:

hahahahahaha...this one pass tsunami

Nigerians are not waiting for your jobs, Mr Lai. They are becoming successful entrepreneurs and kicking some bottom in the money world!

Thank God I'm on front page. Here are 2 interviews from these young entrepreneurs to make your day.

This guy started a tissue production company when he was 25. He had a staff strength of 4. Today, after 5 years, he's a millionaire with a staff strenght of over 70. https://www.nairaland.com/3153296/interview-how-started-grew-tissue

This is young shoe maker. His shoes stand toe to toe with foreign brands. https://www.nairaland.com/3160252/entrepreneur-interview-young-nigerian-shoemaker

33 Likes

Re: We Have Kept Our Promise Of Creating Jobs For Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by oloriooko(m): 5:59am On Jun 14, 2016
If this old hag can boldly say they have kept their promise of job creation with the state of dilemma this nation is presently, then, we are in trouble cuz all other promises are definitely cancelled

39 Likes

Re: We Have Kept Our Promise Of Creating Jobs For Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by moshmusth(m): 6:16am On Jun 14, 2016
Another lie from liar muhammed lie production. . The thunder that will fire lai for lying is still doing press up

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Kept Our Promise Of Creating Jobs For Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by veekid(m): 6:35am On Jun 14, 2016
Walai oloobuuku ni man yi

12 Likes

Re: We Have Kept Our Promise Of Creating Jobs For Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 6:35am On Jun 14, 2016
let atleast appreciate it for once. Rome was not built in a day

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have Kept Our Promise Of Creating Jobs For Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 6:36am On Jun 14, 2016
IF he said this, then NIGERIA is finished.
What manner of man is this. ..?

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Kept Our Promise Of Creating Jobs For Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by busky101(m): 6:38am On Jun 14, 2016
Kai

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We Have Kept Our Promise Of Creating Jobs For Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by Florblu(f): 6:39am On Jun 14, 2016
Our minster of information and communication has gone mad again

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Kept Our Promise Of Creating Jobs For Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by gbaskiboy: 6:44am On Jun 14, 2016
Manufacturer of lies is at it again o.

28 Likes

Re: We Have Kept Our Promise Of Creating Jobs For Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by remedick: 6:46am On Jun 14, 2016
Florblu:
Our minster of information and communication has gone mad again
that man will destroy Buhari's image faster than Buhari himself.

22 Likes

Re: We Have Kept Our Promise Of Creating Jobs For Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 6:47am On Jun 14, 2016
Lai Mohammed always reminds me of Squealer, the mendacious spokesman for Napoleon in the Orwellian novel Animal Farm.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Have Kept Our Promise Of Creating Jobs For Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 6:52am On Jun 14, 2016
Gaskiya Abdullahi "lai" Muhammad, even though I am a very big fan of Buhari(zombie) as they are used calling us, I disagree with yhu on this one

14 Likes

Re: We Have Kept Our Promise Of Creating Jobs For Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by opiaoku: 6:56am On Jun 14, 2016
grin
lair Muhammed the charlatan bastard himself

10 Likes

Re: We Have Kept Our Promise Of Creating Jobs For Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by donsteady(m): 7:04am On Jun 14, 2016
Some people are just shameless.

16 Likes

Re: We Have Kept Our Promise Of Creating Jobs For Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by okeke00(m): 7:08am On Jun 14, 2016
Just when you think you have heard it all. Lai mohammed is a talented comedian

23 Likes

Re: We Have Kept Our Promise Of Creating Jobs For Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by ogaJona(m): 7:19am On Jun 14, 2016
This my stupidity is unquantifiable

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Kept Our Promise Of Creating Jobs For Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by appini: 7:24am On Jun 14, 2016
lincolnj88:

May God have mercy on him.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Kept Our Promise Of Creating Jobs For Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by Paperwhite(m): 7:26am On Jun 14, 2016
lincolnj88:
grin grin grin cheesy

12 Likes

Re: We Have Kept Our Promise Of Creating Jobs For Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by Paperwhite(m): 7:28am On Jun 14, 2016
bejeiodus:
Lai Mohammed always reminds me of Squealer, the mendacious spokesman for Napoleon in the Orwellian novel Animal Farm.
My dear your head really thinks well,fast & intelligently. grin grin cheesy.However that mischievous pig was rather loquacious.You really made my day.

23 Likes

Re: We Have Kept Our Promise Of Creating Jobs For Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by Slimbideb: 7:33am On Jun 14, 2016
bejeiodus:
Lol

2 Likes

Re: We Have Kept Our Promise Of Creating Jobs For Nigerians – Lai Mohammed by ReabridCharles(m): 7:40am On Jun 14, 2016
I never knew my people whom I thought were strong of will and mind would one day beg for a future.

Sack 2million, employ 500k...

What exactly are they playing at?

31 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Leah Sharibu: British Man Protests On The Streets Of London / Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns In Okene, Kogi State (Pictures) / Cattle Colony: You’re Not The Owner Of Kogi, Community Leader Warns Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.