Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments (68597 Views)

Guys Kiss & Grab Boobs Of Osun College Of Education Student As They Graduate / Photos Of Osun Model Schools At Night / Osun Students Appear In Church Garments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by scholes0(m): 7:17pm On Jun 14, 2016
sweetgala:

idiot I am christian by birth, communism, faith and practise. I have stated a clear fact devoid of malice

Just answer the question and address the points, and stop telling me about your Christian , agnostic or atheist tendencies.
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by Ephemmm: 7:20pm On Jun 14, 2016
Lukay99:

Please read my post again Muslims never stopped Christians from wearing anything they want to schools neither are muslims trying to dictate to Christians, it's you guys the Christians that always have problems with what a Muslim wear on his/her own body

You're more than welcome to dress like the Pope to school if want we're not stopping you guys if it makes you a better Christian why not put it on

And we does the term 'school uniform' comes from? Your ignorance is second to none, honestly.
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by stefan388: 7:26pm On Jun 14, 2016
Remii:
no problem, let's see for how long they can sustain it, Muslims are known with hijab in public places, how many others wear their regalia everywhere?
You should blame your Buhari government for damn too many troubles.
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by masseratti: 7:27pm On Jun 14, 2016
Teenaira:

So what happens when they start bombing this students with bomb laden hijab ?
the hijab is different from the niqab, the hijab is the one they wear that cover their head and neck only and stops at the shoulder, the niqab is the one dat is full sometimes with The face open or closed
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by ojuu4u(m): 7:28pm On Jun 14, 2016
[quote author=doveda post=46572102]The Western world invaded their countries-they had Islam so they weren't surprised like we were- they left- but they continued to pitch one party against another party just to further their interest to the extent of providing arms and ammunitions to one party. Instead of them to support alternative means to resolve disputes that arose because of their support, they would rather focus on their own interests. Basically that was how it all started

I don't support these people but it is moro.nic to blame Islam for it. Every terrorist attack that had ever happened in a Western world is a mirror what is going on in the Middle East. So don't blame me I find it hard to pity Syrian victims of the 50 dead gays. Don't blame me if I don't go about condemning these

y sud you cöndemn killings? Ar u nt a muslim? U must be inspired by spirt of muhammed who raped,stole,killed and destroyed human beings trough-out his life on earth
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by stefan388: 7:29pm On Jun 14, 2016
razortruth:
All manner of confusion just dey follow this government. Tell me If this is not the true definition of one chance government
no be small. buhari is a misfortune that has befallen this great country.
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by sweetgala(m): 7:45pm On Jun 14, 2016
scholes0:

Just answer the question and address the points, and stop telling me about your Christian , agnostic or atheist tendencies.

I have made a valid statement above, use your brain to find it.
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by BetaThings: 7:50pm On Jun 14, 2016
Femiwilli:
[size=13pt][color=#000099]God Bless Osun state Leaders

We need to stop this Islamtiztion through the back door.

Pastor Bosun Emmanuel warned us about it and he was abused.
Listen to his warning far back in 2014, warning about this islamatizion

If wearing Hijab is plot to islamise, how come US, UK have not been
Don't worry
Soon Muslims will insist that Friday should be workfree
When you preach inside buses, we will do the same at the same time and ensure there is a proper racket
When you cause your traffic on the first Friday of the month, we will cause ours on the last Friday

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by eitsei(m): 7:51pm On Jun 14, 2016
Zzyzxt:

And who paddles the administration of the state? if there was a court injunction it must have been politically and religiously influenced.
you always think everything is politically inclined that has always been your problem and it clouded your sense of reasoning
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by sweetgala(m): 7:55pm On Jun 14, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

We are on the same page on "accessorization" of the school uniform based on different faiths. Be it Palm Fronds, horn or goat skull or fila isegun.

However, you and I do not have the right to determine what should and should not be a religious dressing. That can only be determined by each of the faiths on their own. If they say choir robe or sutana or Osun worshippers white robe is a dressing mode for them, it is their right and which the constitution and government must protect and hence, they are entitled to it.

This is in line with the epic verdict of Justice Falola.

well since we both agree on the aforementioned we can address the limitation of said religious expression, which can be guided by a clause.

A sultana, an overall garment or other clothing are to both of us logical individuals inappropriate and an abuse of the judgement, because they absolutely impede uniformity. This would be same why a female muslim student can't come with a full covering from head to toe

In all things there is common sense, and anyone who claims to be religiously disposed to wear a certain accessory must be able to prove the justification of such. Justice Falola evaluated this case on it's merits , the school district supervisor and the education board now have a duty to present a document which dictates what is appropriate uniform.

I'd expect such items as a hijab, scarf, beret, crown cap(jewish cap also worn by muslims), Sikh Turban etc to be acceptable, where the colour, mode of use, dimensions are clearly defined.

This is a problem I have seen in Nigeria in other spheres, such as when a legislator was bared from the house for in-appropriate regalia and a female was sanctioned for same a while back, in an environment where uniformity or a code of dressing is prescribed, it is insufficient to just use the term " appropriately dressed" to blanket what is acceptable, the regulators have a duty to dictate with visual aid where possible what are the limits and necessities, using dimensions where necessary. This is why our police officers are not properly dressed and equipped , likewise our army officers.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by BetaThings: 7:59pm On Jun 14, 2016
Ephemmm:

And we does the term 'school uniform' comes from? Your ignorance is second to none, honestly.
Uniform?
What does uniform stop Christians from wearing?
Tell me how you would know a Christian girl in the market on a saturday evening?
You cannot

So when they go to School, they are forced to drop nothing of their regular apparel
Muslim girls wear hijab everywhere - market, farm etc

When they go to school without it, you force them to drop an essential part of their dressing

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by olapluto(m): 8:00pm On Jun 14, 2016
The Christians pushing these students are only planting a seed. They will sow the seed soon. Using children as a political tool doesnt always end well.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by maclatunji: 8:01pm On Jun 14, 2016
scholes0:
LOL.... na real waa o.
Come to think of it, before now, Hijabs used to be something we see like once in a while and as at the time nobody complained. But these days, Hijabs and even burqas are every freaking where, you would even see parents doning their one and two year old daughters in suffocating hijabs in this terrible heat... To what end?
Is it now that these muslims are beginning to understand the rudiments of their own religion? Absolutely not.
This is a result of a gradual flow of fundamentalist and extremist ideology from the Middle East through Northern Nigeria into the West that aims to destroy local cultures (Ask the Hausas whose Indigenous culture and names have almost all gone extinct, obliterated because they all "wannabe" Arab so bad and seen as loyal muslims) Islamic fundamentalism also radicalises a previously peaceful people and turns them into emotionless "virgin seeking" jihadists. This must be resisted at all cost.

Well actually, it is just now Muslims are shaking off the effects of western imperialism that meant you could not get proper education and a place on top of society in Nigeria without western education.

And if you really want to go for classic Arab culture, you might start worshipping idols.

Sebi you want to form expert analyst?

#Yeye

Get it into your head, Islam is no man's culture but divinely ordained religion.

As for those that want to wear ceremonial clothes to school everyday, I live them in the hands of the economics of it.

#Hehe.

5 Likes

Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by Lukay99: 8:02pm On Jun 14, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

Thank you for your learned and highly knowledgeable submission, that is devoid of emotions.

Fundamentally, the following questions must be answered:

1. What is a school uniform -- a dress or dressing mode to make the pupils appear the same, devoid of political, ethnic or even religious segregation.

2. Is Govt and her institution secular or religious or multireligious. All faiths that are tax payers have a stake in government and governance.

The moment a faith decides to enforce it's will on the collective property of the faiths, others will see it as injustice and also enforce their right.

Do you think Xtians dressing starts and ends with Choir Robe. For the C&S their sutana is very compulsory for them, likewise their Cap of Victory aka Fila Isegun.

Remove your mind from Xtianity and Islam, can you vouch that you know the mode of dressing of other faiths too eg Amorc, Rosicrucians, Traditionalists etc.

To prevent such anarchy, that is why a uniform was stipulated and once a faith deviates from it, it is only fair and just for others to follow suit.

A public school that collects money from a any government in any multi religion state should first put into consideration all the different religious(beliefs) before deciding on a school uniform which Nigeria failed to do, what we have today in Nigeria as school uniforms were mostly designed by the so called white colonial masters and their missionary partners who's tenets of the religion were used to justify the actions of the colonists(they used Christianity to justify rape, murder, theft, and empire). If the Nigerian states can come up with a school uniform that all the different religion within its boundaries are Ok with, then fine, but if not, then it should be no uniform in any public schools. Just like public schools in the U.S. were no uniforms.

But if you still insist on this same uniforms for muslims then I think the proper thing for you to do is to go start your own private Christian school were you can have 100% freedom to decide what others can and not wear

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by Lukay99: 8:06pm On Jun 14, 2016
maclatunji:

Well actually, it is just now Muslims are shaking off the effects of western imperialism that meant you could not get proper education and a place on top of society in Nigeria without western education.

And if you really want to go for classic Arab culture, you might start worshipping idols.

Sebi you want to form expert analyst?

#Yeye

Get it into your head, Islam is no man's culture but divinely ordained religion.

As for those that want to wear ceremonial clothes to school everyday, I live them in the hands of the economics of it.

#Hehe.

Thank you well said
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by 8BitGee(m): 8:09pm On Jun 14, 2016
This really makes no sense. Muslims females wear hijabs every day and every time, Christians don't do that. This is petty, chaotic and divisive to be honest.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by sweetgala(m): 8:09pm On Jun 14, 2016
Lukay99:

A public school that collects money from a any government in any multi religion state should first put into consideration all the different religious(beliefs) before deciding on a school uniform which Nigeria failed to do, what we have today in Nigeria as school uniforms were mostly designed by the so called white colonial masters and their missionary partners who's tenets of the religion were used to justify the actions of the colonists(they used Christianity to justify rape, murder, theft, and empire). If the Nigerian states can come up with a school uniform that all the different religion within its boundaries are Ok with, then fine, but if not, then it should be no uniform in any public schools. Just like public schools in the U.S. were no uniforms.

But if you still insist on this same uniforms for muslims then I think the proper thing for you to do is to go start your own private Christian school were you can have 100% freedom to decide what others can and not wear

Can I point out a word a fellow NL commentator used earlier "ceremonial regalia", that is what a choir robe and the other celestial garment is. It is not appropriate as an accessory because said students must be able to prove it is religiously prescribed and is used in daily activities

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by Lukay99: 8:14pm On Jun 14, 2016
Ephemmm:

School uniform? You Christians just don't get it. What we have in Nigeria today as uniforms should not be called school uniform.

Just like I posted before A public school that collects money from a any government in any multi religion state should first put into consideration all the different religious(beliefs) before deciding on a school uniform which Nigeria failed to do, what we have today in Nigeria as school uniforms were mostly designed by the so called white colonial masters and their missionary partners who's tenets of the religion were used to justify the actions of the colonists(they used Christianity to justify rape, murder, theft, and empire). If the Nigerian states can come up with a school uniform that all the different religion within its boundaries are Ok with, then fine, but if not, then it should be no uniform in any public schools. Just like public schools in the U.S. were no uniforms.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by ADEMOSU(m): 8:17pm On Jun 14, 2016
Remii:
no problem, let's see for how long they can sustain it, Muslims are known with hijab in public places, how many others wear their regalia everywhere?

traditional worshipper can wear masquerade reggaliar or white native for osun worshipper .
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by ladja2013: 8:23pm On Jun 14, 2016
SuperS1Panther:
They are simply excersing their fundamental human right, as determined by Justice Falola.

The judge simply upheld the fundamental rights of the Muslim child but in coming to judgement the court ought to have considered the socio-political imitation of giving a judgement that would cause distortion in the social equilibrium of the society.
The come out of this situation, I will simply implored the Christian to appeal and am very sure, the upper court will review it. Not all rights are pleadable and enforceable .. But the higher court will resolve this. If not nothing stop the schools from seeing children in Ida costume or igunuko dress.
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by Edum13656: 8:24pm On Jun 14, 2016
Democracy in action, Oga Bubu is really a democrat. even the US doesn't hv this type of respect for human rights. @Oga Bubu & Aregbe, keepit up jare
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by BetaThings: 8:24pm On Jun 14, 2016
ojuu4u:
y sud you cöndemn killings? Ar u nt a muslim? U must be inspired by spirt of muhammed who raped,stole,killed and destroyed human beings trough-out his life on earth

And who inspired these ones?

http://www.voanews.com/content/girl-burned-to-death-in-nigeria-after-witchcraft-allegation/2829215.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1383732/Buried-alive-New-report-reveals-suffering-Nigerias-child-witches.html

And were we as as intolerant as your hero here, you would be a target

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOjTzPh2bn8

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by ladja2013: 8:25pm On Jun 14, 2016
SuperS1Panther:
They are simply excersing their fundamental human right, as determined by Justice Falola.

The court simply upheld the fundamental rights of the Muslim child but in coming to judgement it ought to have considered the socio-political imitation of giving a judgement that would cause distortion in the social equilibrium of the society.
To come out of this situation, I will simply implored the Christian to appeal and am very sure, the upper court will review it. Not all rights are pleadable and enforceable .. But the higher court will resolve this. If not nothing stop the schools from seeing children in Ida costume or igunuko dress.
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by Teddyg2(m): 8:27pm On Jun 14, 2016
GlorifiedTunde:
Masquerades nko? grin grin grin
I no fit laugh oooooo. This Aregbesola naa real fool
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by Ephemmm: 8:28pm On Jun 14, 2016
Lukay99:

School uniform? You Christians just don't get it. What we have in Nigeria today as uniforms should not be called school uniform.

Just like I posted before A public school that collects money from a any government in any multi religion state should first put into consideration all the different religious(beliefs) before deciding on a school uniform which Nigeria failed to do, what we have today in Nigeria as school uniforms were mostly designed by the so called white colonial masters and their missionary partners who's tenets of the religion were used to justify the actions of the colonists(they used Christianity to justify rape, murder, theft, and empire). If the Nigerian states can come up with a school uniform that all the different religion within its boundaries are Ok with, then fine, but if not, then it should be no uniform in any public schools. Just like public schools in the U.S. were no uniforms.

Define uniform for me please. Just as you posted, public school is not meant for religious practice, if you want Muslim students to dress like pudah, you can establish your own Islamic school like Hijira University.

Chickens!
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by BetaThings: 8:30pm On Jun 14, 2016
ladja2013:

The court simply upheld the fundamental rights of the Muslim child but in coming to judgement it ought to have considered the socio-political imitation of giving a judgement that would cause distortion in the social equilibrium of the society.
To come out of this situation, I will simply implored the Christian to appeal and am very sure, the upper court will review it. Not all rights are pleadable and enforceable .. But the higher court will resolve this. If not nothing stop the schools from seeing children in Ida costume or igunuko dress.

But Muslims are wearing Hijab in the North
How come the liberal and educated South has an issue with it

Muslims don't care of they dress like batman
Live and let live it is
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by Ephemmm: 8:31pm On Jun 14, 2016
BetaThings:

Uniform?
What does uniform stop Christians from wearing?
Tell me how you would know a Christian girl in the market on a saturday evening?
You cannot

So when they go to School, they are forced to drop nothing of their regular apparel
Muslim girls wear hijab everywhere - market, farm etc

When they go to school without it, you force them to drop an essential part of their dressing

Whta is the corelation between market and uniform? Define school uniform or stop blabbing joorr...
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by ojjyworld(m): 8:33pm On Jun 14, 2016
Lukay99:

Please Nigeria is not a secular state. Nigerians are usually religious even though they don't really practice what they preach a very good example will be Christians preaching "tolerance of other faith" yet they refuse to let others (Muslims) practice their faith and yes wearing of the hijab is not just a dress mode but it's an act of faith mandatory for all faithful female Muslims in every public places "The Hijab is an act of faith" so refusing the hijab is like denying the Christians the right to practice one of the major mandatory acts of Christians Faith.

How come gay's and lesbians can't marry in your so secular Nigeria? I'm happy it was not a Muslim government that stopped gay marriage in Nigeria because if it was buhari, you would have been shouting "objection" Nigeria is a secular state, your hatred of the Muslim will always make you guys supports what your own Bible is openly against e.g covering of the head by female.
Some of you guys are now claiming we muslims in the SW are not tolerance of other faith. really!!! We muslims have had to tolerate the oppression of Christians directly and indirectly right from the very first day the Christian white colonial so called masters and their missionary partner set their foot in Nigeria they created a school system that only put one religion(Christianity ) into account while neglecting other faiths that were already in place (e.g Islam and traditional believe, etc). The schools uniforms only put Christians in to account when it was created.

We've had to give up our religious rest day (Friday) to go government jobs and schools yet we don't complain but Christians don't have to give up Sunday's for nothing we are not even asking you guys to give up your Sunday and we are not even asking to get whole Friday's off, all we are asking for is to be able to cover our own heads not yours, according to our our beliefs. Only god knows what our muslims fathers have had to go through just to get the schools to close at 1pm on Friday's in the past.

Christians always calls muslims intolerance when we are just demanding basic religious Rights that they as Christians themselves are already enjoying.

If I live in Nigeria and pay my taxes that is used in building public schools in Nigeria yet I'm restricted from attending the school that I indirectly paid for just because of my belief? Even in western countries hijab is allowed in public schools (secular society ) but in Nigeria we see the opposite, I think it's either mental slavery of our Christians brothers and sisters are suffering from after independence from the colonial rule or it's just their hatred for muslims.

Please Christians are more than welcome to put on whatever they want to wear schools and if they still want wear their colonial master uniform that's fine too but don't make it most for the muslims. In a truly multi religion society that really practice tolerance of all its religions then school informs should only belongs in the private schools not the other way around. This is a public school for God's sake
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by SuperS1Panther: 8:33pm On Jun 14, 2016
Lukay99:

You do not have any iota of shame whatsoever.

What has been the contribution of your Arabic religion to humanity apart from terrorism, beheading of people,holding of women in perpetual slavery and paedophilia.

What were your Islamic bodies looking at when Xtians were setting up schools that you are here debating about? They would rather focus their energy on enslaving little girls an marrying wives in the name of religion. Your aith cannot build schools, hospitals you cannot build etc If it is beheading of people now, you will be quick to do that.

Hiding behind government funding is lame and pathetic. Are your Islamic schools not government funded either? As long as Govt is secular, no religion has the right to impose it's faith on a collective property that belong to all faith. If it must be, all faiths can as well propagate the madness.

It is deranged fellows like you that must get lost out of Xtians schools and relocate your children to your Islamic school, if there is any anyway.

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by BetaThings: 8:44pm On Jun 14, 2016
Ephemmm:

Whta is the corelation between market and uniform? Define school uniform or stop blabbing joorr...

Christians give up nothing when they wear uniform
Because they don't wear church garment when they are going to the farm, market, travelling etc

Wearing that garment is to dress for an ocassion - mission to stop Muslims from wearing Hijab

Fact is that Christians are the most intolerant
Fridays must become workfree!
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jun 14, 2016
wadetaw202:

You are right. Nigerian Muslims are known to wear traditional and cultural dresses of people from the middle east. And because you nigerian Muslims are mentally backward, you now link the garments to religion; whereas, there is no link between hijab and Islam. Hijab is the cultural and traditional way of dressing of Arabians.
Shut up and stop saying what you don't know! You be real mumu...
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by lhawarl1(m): 9:09pm On Jun 14, 2016
isaajibola:
I think the problem with some Christians is, they have problem with muslim hijab....

why can't they (Christian) be wearing robes to classes in higher institution since they can dress anyhow, but Muslims still wears hijab to classes in higher institution.

If they want something like hijab then, they should resort to the way catholic do cover their head.

What is bad in using small hijab to school?

they didn't wear burqa but Hijab..... for God sake!

where is christianity beret?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

When A Girl Tells You She Studies Banking And Surgery( photo) / Nigerian University With The Best Hostel Facilities? / Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.