Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Osun Students Appear In Church Garments - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Osun Students Appear In Church Garments (62509 Views)

Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils / Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments / Commotion In Osun School As Students Appear In Church Robes And Hijabs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by DONSMITH123(m): 10:50am On Jun 14, 2016
Femi Makinde, Osogbo

Some students of Baptist High School, Adeeke, Iwo caused a stir among their colleagues as they appeared in the school in choir robes and other church garments.

Our correspondent, who visited the school observed that the students came late to the school around 8:35 on Tuesday and headed to their various classes as their colleagues hailed them for their courage.

Many female Muslim students of the school wore hijab on their uniforms and some members of the Christian Association of Nigeria are in the school to monitor the reaction of the teachers to the mode of dressing of their children.

No student was chased out of the classes for appearing in different clothes and all the students irrespective of their chosen uniforms are being taught by their teachers.

Earlier, Justice Jide Falola of the Osun State High Court had on June 3 given a verdict that Muslim students should be allowed to wear hijab in all public schools in the state because it was part of their fundamental rights.

The CAN had held an emergency meeting following the judgment and threatened that it would direct Christian pupils to start wearing choir robes and other religious garments to schools should the state government implement the judgement.

http://www.punchng.com/stir-osun-school-students-appear-church-garments/

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by ademoladeji(m): 10:54am On Jun 14, 2016
There should be equity in dealing with human being in a secular state. Let the Muslims put on their Hijab on their uniform, the christians put on their choir robe on their uniform and the trados tie their palm leaf over their uniform... All these won't increase the intelligence of the pupils. What really matters is what you have in your brain.

Some peeps below has started throwing jabs at states and religion... #smh

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by CandyDiamond(f): 10:55am On Jun 14, 2016
confusion in school, different colors of Hijab and Church robes, what a backward state shocked shocked shocked shocked

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by SuperS1Panther: 10:56am On Jun 14, 2016
They are only enforcing their fundamental human right too, as entrenched in the constitution.

Let the traditionalists too start wearing their palm fronds to school in the name of fundamental human right. We should all use the apparatus of Govt, that is meant to be secular, to promote our religions.

AMORC, Rosicrucians , Hindus and Buddhists, we are waiting for your own fashion parade to school.

Aregbesola and Justice Falola -- see your lives.

The state and country belong to all faiths. Nigeria and Osun state are not for Muslims and Xtians alone. We all have fundamental right that must be protected by the constitution. Thank God for Justice Falola's ruling.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by OsusuMustFlow(f): 10:56am On Jun 14, 2016
Earlier, Justice Jide Falola of the Osun State High Court had on June 3 given a verdict that Muslim students should be allowed to wear hijab in all public schools in the state because it was part of their fundamental rights.

The CAN had held an emergency meeting following the judgment and threatened that it would direct Christian pupils to start wearing choir robes and other religious garments to schools should the state government implement the judgement.

Shio!!! So those children don get mind kwo. In Bubu's voice...EFCC must investigate the.

3 Likes

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by OsusuMustFlow(f): 10:57am On Jun 14, 2016
grin grin grin
CandyDiamond:
confusion in school, different colors of Hijab and Church robes, what a backward state shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by chriskosherbal(m): 10:58am On Jun 14, 2016
This is serious?
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 14, 2016
If i say what is on my mind that baba hafusalary is deranged, zowbies will come for me, make i no talk am sha.

It has never been this bad in Osun state under any regime.

Why try to islamize the state because your are a muslim, well most of the APshit office holders are daunce..

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by DONSMITH123(m): 10:58am On Jun 14, 2016
na you talk am o grin grin grin

Young03:
check them proper o

some may hide bomb in hijab

2 Likes

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 14, 2016
This is baseless and unwarranted. They should cancel the school uniform and allow everybody dress as they like.
As for lalasticlala, he/she won't answer you. It's when a known person posts this same story 24 hours later that he would push it to the front page. This is a well known fact, EFCC must investigate him grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by K9blunt(f): 11:00am On Jun 14, 2016
A very nice move, what is good for the goose is also good for the gander .

Nonsense verdict!

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by DONSMITH123(m): 11:00am On Jun 14, 2016
SuperS1Panther:
They are only enforcing their fundamental human right too, as entrenched in the constitution.

Let the traditionalists too start wearing their palm fronds to school in the name of fundamental human right. We should aall use the apparatus of Govt, that is meant to be secular, to promote our religion.

Aregbesola and Justice Falola -- see your lives.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by stephnie1(f): 11:02am On Jun 14, 2016
End time school lipsrsealed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by stephnie1(f): 11:03am On Jun 14, 2016
Judges at times need to be tested for oshogbo weed.

K9blunt:
A very nice move, what is good for the goose is also good for the gander .

Nonsense verdict!

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by stephnie1(f): 11:04am On Jun 14, 2016
eiBADAn:
This is baseless and unwarranted. They should cancel the school uniform and allow everybody dress as they like.
As for lalasticlala, he/she won't answer you. It's when a known person posts this same story 24 hours later that he would push it to the front page. This is a well known fact, EFCC must investigate him grin

lalasticlala somebody is inviting EFCC for you here o grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by madridguy(m): 11:04am On Jun 14, 2016
Aregbesola will remain the useless governor Osun has ever produced. Is HIJAB our problem? You failed to pay salary yet you want to cause war in the State. I hope my Muslims brothers and sister will disown Aregbe with his useless step, both the Muslims and the Christian are hungry and the only thing you can thing of is legalizing HIJAB.

I urge the Sango, Esu, Ailala, Obatala, Osun worshipers too to go to school with their deties attires.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 14, 2016
stephnie1:

Weed Is Overhyped, They Need To Be Tested For Cocaine

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by K9blunt(f): 11:05am On Jun 14, 2016
stephnie1:

As in eh, personally av been high on alchohol before, but my judgement has always been sound.

I just wonder how these ones think without being high.

Smh!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by SweetLove0(f): 11:06am On Jun 14, 2016
lipsrsealed nonsense.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Slikbae: 11:06am On Jun 14, 2016
Very good!!!

Right step taken in the right direction. Masquerades and Native doctor attires are expected soon along with olumba olumba dresses. Muslims should known that Nigeria is a secular state. Christians are now ready to retaliate in full dose any act of barbarity taken by them.

Well done CAN and those students.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by stephnie1(f): 11:08am On Jun 14, 2016
lipsrsealed you mean you high? as in shark?

K9blunt:

As in eh, personally av been high on alchohol before, but my judgement has always been sound.

I just wonder how these ones think without being high.

Smh!
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 14, 2016
stephnie1:
End time school lipsrsealed
End Time Aregbe And Justice Falola, The Onus Lies On Their Head

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by stephnie1(f): 11:08am On Jun 14, 2016
just imagine Judgement.

BeastAmbition:

Weed Is Overhyped, They Need To Be Tested For LSD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by alcmene: 11:09am On Jun 14, 2016
Storming the school with my ogbonge masquerade

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by stephnie1(f): 11:09am On Jun 14, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy
BeastAmbition:

End Time Aregbe And Justice Falola, The Onus Lies On Their Head

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 14, 2016
lol...dem go tire

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by DoyenExchange: 11:11am On Jun 14, 2016
ChrisIslam!

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by DONSMITH123(m): 11:11am On Jun 14, 2016
grin grin grin grin guy no kill me with laugh abeg

alcmene:
Storming the school with my ogbonge masquerade

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by K9blunt(f): 11:12am On Jun 14, 2016
stephnie1:
lipsrsealed you mean you high? as in shark?

I said "before" not now!

Abi you're one of dem secondary students ni grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by SleekAboki: 11:13am On Jun 14, 2016
Comedy of the state of osun.

4 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

UNILAG Finalists Celebrate In A Convoy After Their Final Exam / ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria / Greenfield University School Fees (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.