Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Why Medical Doctor Corpers Are Paid Higher In Service(nysc) - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Why Medical Doctor Corpers Are Paid Higher In Service(nysc) (54014 Views)

Burial Poster Of Kogi State NYSC Member Who Died In Service On December 2017 / Attacks In Kaduna, Corpers Are Afraid Of Going Back Come January. / Should I Go For My National Youth Service? -nysc.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Medical Doctor Corpers Are Paid Higher In Service(nysc) by medinho: 6:53pm On Jun 16, 2016
there is this hatred for medicine student and doctors that sometimes i usually wonder wat i did wrong by studying medicine.A pharmacy friend of mind once said that he will become the minister of health just to frustrates doctors. God will help Nigerian Doctors.
Lets leave all this competition, if they are paying doctors higher try to fight for your own and stop comparing to theirs because Doctors will always be respected till d end of time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Medical Doctor Corpers Are Paid Higher In Service(nysc) by Angelina996(f): 7:17pm On Jun 16, 2016
thorpido:
Medical personnel generally who work in hospital settings while serving earn more than other corpers.There's a medical salary structure and that determines their pay.
Infact, not just hospital but any health organization pay more.
Re: Why Medical Doctor Corpers Are Paid Higher In Service(nysc) by Querty(m): 7:17pm On Jun 16, 2016
medinho:
there is this hatred for medicine student and doctors that sometimes i usually wonder wat i did wrong by studying medicine.A pharmacy friend of mind once said that he will become the minister of health just to frustrates doctors. God will help Nigerian Doctors.
Lets leave all this competition, if they are paying doctors higher try to fight for your own and stop comparing to theirs because Doctors will always be respected till d end of time

I really like ur view!!

it's cute..The profession is actually prestigious! I personally respect medical doctors.
Re: Why Medical Doctor Corpers Are Paid Higher In Service(nysc) by ogawisdom(m): 7:22pm On Jun 16, 2016
sadeeq0705:
Are medical doctors receiving same amount with veterinary doctors at NYSC?

Vet gini abeg no make me laugh ooo
Re: Why Medical Doctor Corpers Are Paid Higher In Service(nysc) by TruthTella(m): 7:53pm On Jun 16, 2016
medinho:

its just hatred based on jealousy

1 Like

Re: Why Medical Doctor Corpers Are Paid Higher In Service(nysc) by okikiosibodu(m): 8:34pm On Jun 16, 2016
TempUser:
they work when you are resting and they deal with LIFE!
dazzol smiley

In that case, I think soldiers (not even ofifcers) should earn same pay
Re: Why Medical Doctor Corpers Are Paid Higher In Service(nysc) by TempUser: 8:41pm On Jun 16, 2016
okikiosibodu:

In that case, I think soldiers (not even ofifcers) should earn same pay
and who told you they are being paid in peanuts
Re: Why Medical Doctor Corpers Are Paid Higher In Service(nysc) by okikiosibodu(m): 9:04pm On Jun 16, 2016
TempUser:

and who told you they are being paid in peanuts

Well they are usually paid, but not enough to commensurate their efforts. I served in a barrack, and I can say soldiers work/risk their lives more than officers, but there is much disparity in their salary
Re: Why Medical Doctor Corpers Are Paid Higher In Service(nysc) by tipzyayd(m): 9:08pm On Jun 16, 2016
Soldiers are paid far more and dey start getting paid right from 100L
Re: Why Medical Doctor Corpers Are Paid Higher In Service(nysc) by tipzyayd(m): 9:13pm On Jun 16, 2016
veraiyke:
And mind you not all those doctors actually earn up to how much more above what I earn. Some of them do no work in their ppa aside just assisting in minor things. Some too don't even know what they read. We graduates thousands of so-called doctors but how many are in the hospitals after service?

Show me a Doctor who does not know is stuff and he graduated from a Medical school and I will apologise to U

I agree that we are better than each other at what we do.... but no Doctor can graduate from a Medical school without knowing the basic things...... he needs to practice well.....
Re: Why Medical Doctor Corpers Are Paid Higher In Service(nysc) by okikiosibodu(m): 9:18pm On Jun 16, 2016
tipzyayd:
Soldiers are paid far more and dey start getting paid right from 100L

Brother, you are mistaking a soldier for an officer. I also didn't know the difference until I was posted to a military barrack. Those you see at road checkpoints and war fronts are 99.9% soldiers. Most times, officers stay in the office. They also are the ones you see rise to Generals. Soldiers are trained to take orders while officers are trained to give orders

1 Like

Re: Why Medical Doctor Corpers Are Paid Higher In Service(nysc) by Querty(m): 9:22pm On Jun 16, 2016
I am loving dis my thread d more.. wish I am a medical doctor..
funny enough, dis medical doctor guys can date and marry any girl they want...
hmmm, more disparities
Re: Why Medical Doctor Corpers Are Paid Higher In Service(nysc) by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 16, 2016
IZANAMI:
The course duration isn't 7yrs,it's 6yrs.So if u spent 7yrs+,blame strike or your unintelligence for that,the latter for probably having issues at one level or the other.Some professions also go for internships;the likes of pharmacy,physiotherapy,med lab and optometry.Apparently, the nurses are closer to the patients than any other set of practitioners in the hospital as a whole.Close to 200k for the lucky ones that served as interns in federal hospitals or teaching hospitals.The ones in states and privates earn nothing close that figure.
And for your last statement,not everyone has the passion to put in for medicine.Your statement only points to the fact you filled in medicine for the prestige,job security and money,, ostensibly not for the passion to save lives.If you're a med student,I seriously hope you don't have that misnomeric mindset you'll be raking in hundreds of thousands after NysC as a med doctor,if so,you'll be damn frustrated and disappointed if you have no passion for it ultimately,reason being it isn't so.

Mind you,I'm not into d health aspect @ all.So this isn't sentiment.

Only 3 schools in nigeria spend 6years for med one of which is unilorin. state hospitals dont pay less than 120k either way.Other health care professionals work in shifts doctors dont,some days doctors are at work for 48hours without going home and in this time ,nurses have changed shift 6 times.Finally there is obviously a reason why doctors are among the highest paid in the world..my dear it has never been about the money and we never said we were better than anyone its just kinda sad you sound bitter
There is no need to lie dear you are obviously a PHARMACIST grin grin grin grin grin grin grin undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Medical Doctor Corpers Are Paid Higher In Service(nysc) by TempUser: 9:31pm On Jun 16, 2016
okikiosibodu:

Well they are usually paid, but not enough to commensurate their efforts. I served in a barrack, and I can say soldiers work/risk their lives more than officers, but there is much disparity in their salary
are they always fighting wars?
Re: Why Medical Doctor Corpers Are Paid Higher In Service(nysc) by veraiyke(m): 10:19pm On Jun 16, 2016
Maybe you need to point out a quality or qualities of low self esteem displayed in my writing.
murphyibiam15:

why are u shifting from simple and straight argument to wailing....!
stick t the topic and stop exhibiting low self esteem as someone rightly said before
Re: Why Medical Doctor Corpers Are Paid Higher In Service(nysc) by veraiyke(m): 10:21pm On Jun 16, 2016
Maybe you need to point out a quality or qualities of low self esteem displayed in my writing. Also, point out the wailing statement. If actually I wail I wail for your like with shallow minds who are good at abusing. Your writings affects me in no little way whatsoever.
murphyibiam15:

why are u shifting from simple and straight argument to wailing....!
stick t the topic and stop exhibiting low self esteem as someone rightly said before
Re: Why Medical Doctor Corpers Are Paid Higher In Service(nysc) by sexyellency(m): 10:23pm On Jun 16, 2016
thorpido:
Usually they will end up as teachers during NYSC so they get paid like the rest of corpers.
But these are the courses in d faculty of basic medical sciences.
Re: Why Medical Doctor Corpers Are Paid Higher In Service(nysc) by Lovechyld101(m): 10:33pm On Jun 16, 2016
Few factors come in to play but because of the demand and supply curve there is more demand for doctor and the amount of doctor produced nation wide is not up to 3000 a years they also spend more time in skool and the job some time could be round the clock.

1 Like

Re: Why Medical Doctor Corpers Are Paid Higher In Service(nysc) by thorpido(m): 10:47pm On Jun 16, 2016
sexyellency:
But these are the courses in d faculty of basic medical sciences.
Yes,but they are single honours courses and not professional courses.
Re: Why Medical Doctor Corpers Are Paid Higher In Service(nysc) by Querty(m): 7:11am On Jun 17, 2016
Lovechyld101:
Few factors come in to play but because of the demand and supply curve there is more demand for doctor and the amount of doctor produced nation wide is not up to 3000 a years they also spend more time in skool and the job some time could be round the clock.

I guess u have nailed it..
nice one
Re: Why Medical Doctor Corpers Are Paid Higher In Service(nysc) by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 17, 2016
cassie29:

Only 3 schools in nigeria spend 6years for med one of which is unilorin. state hospitals dont pay less than 120k either way.Other health care professionals work in shifts doctors dont,some days doctors are at work for 48hours without going home and in this time ,nurses have changed shift 6 times.Finally there is obviously a reason why doctors are among the highest paid in the world..my dear it has never been about the money and we never said we were better than anyone its just kinda sad you sound bitter
There is no need to lie dear you are obviously a PHARMACIST grin grin grin grin grin grin grin undecided

I'm a pharmacist. I got into medical school not because of the prestige but my passion for the patient. I've always loved assuming greater role in the care of the patient; making first hand decision rather than making recommendations, giving advice, making dosage adjustments, ensuring the rational use of drugs or ensuring the appropriateness of treatments. I like clinical practice and i know i have more to offer. Dr's are great people no doubt about that. I'm quoting you because you said it's obvious he's a pharmacist. personally i think that clinical pxcists are making great sacrifice. I just want you to know that the only place I know where a physician earns more than the pharmacist is the hospital. That's the reason most pharmacists run away from the hospital since they can earn more and have more to offer. currently I'm running a small community Px and believe me resident doctor's don't earn up to what I make in a month. so it's not about someone being jealous of the other but about passion. no matter what we claim no health professional can fxn effectively without the other.

2 Likes

Re: Why Medical Doctor Corpers Are Paid Higher In Service(nysc) by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 17, 2016
rotimileke:

I'm a pharmacist. I got into medical school not because of the prestige but my passion for the patient. I've always loved assuming greater role in the care of the patient; making first hand decision rather than making recommendations, giving advice, making dosage adjustments, ensuring the rational use of drugs or ensuring the appropriateness of treatments. I like clinical practice and i know i have more to offer. Dr's are great people no doubt about that. I'm quoting you because you said it's obvious he's a pharmacist. personally i think that clinical pxcists are making great sacrifice. I just want you to know that the only place I know where a physician earns more than the pharmacist is the hospital. That's the reason most pharmacists run away from the hospital since they can earn more and have more to offer. currently I'm running a small community Px and believe me resident doctor's don't earn up to what I make in a month. so it's not about someone being jealous of the other but about passion. no matter what we claim no health professional can fxn effectively without the other.

Hey.. I said its obvious he is a pharmacist because he is and he lied he wasnt in the medical field which is kinda sad. of course pharmacist earn alot outside the hospital..I co-own a pharmacy with a pharmacist so trust me i know,i really dont care about who earns more as long as I am paid enough.
Re: Why Medical Doctor Corpers Are Paid Higher In Service(nysc) by Kaysalas(m): 9:56am On Jun 17, 2016
Re: Why Medical Doctor Corpers Are Paid Higher In Service(nysc) by Kaysalas(m): 9:57am On Jun 17, 2016
Re: Why Medical Doctor Corpers Are Paid Higher In Service(nysc) by Kaysalas(m): 9:57am On Jun 17, 2016
poseidonsaiz:

U no c u? Na oyibo cum build the house wey u dey pay rent so..ba? Maybe you dey "okay" with d condition,but m certain o one thing... AM NOT!
Guy! Nor try confuse yarself. Na EQUIPMENT U talk in your comment wey I quote. We nor dey build Nada! Maybe you should try building us a TORCHLIGHT. Let's see your ENGINEERING SKILLS @ work. Note: I nor say COUPLE / ASSEMBLE O! Na BUILD I call am o! U dis dy/dx engineer.
Re: Why Medical Doctor Corpers Are Paid Higher In Service(nysc) by nelszx: 11:08am On Jun 17, 2016
rotimileke:

Now you have made sense, you don't have to write off another to validate urs. Sorry for the outburst yesterday it's one of doz things.
Re: Why Medical Doctor Corpers Are Paid Higher In Service(nysc) by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 17, 2016
nelszx:

Now you have made sense, you don't have to write off another to validate urs. Sorry for the outburst yesterday it's one of doz things.
I'm sorry if I've offended you by my post. one love Sir!
Re: Why Medical Doctor Corpers Are Paid Higher In Service(nysc) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 17, 2016
cassie29:

grin yh,and that's why I said I'm not in d health aspect.Hospital job as a pharmacist is tiring,boring and fvcked up,even the salary is fixed and not much encouraging compared to the industry and multinational firms.I noticed that when I did internship... fvck hospital and health settings,industry's my calling grin grin grin that's what I meant...Sound bitter? Lwkmd grin grin grin lailai..Well,this is a faceless forum anyway,so there isn't any reason to say much....
For all the schools wey dey naija,medicine is 6yrs,only a misinformed or ignorant person would believe what you typed up there.
And young man,I have a lot of,I mean a lot of doctors as friends,,,,so nobody's sounding bitter here.I repeat,if you have no passion for it,you will end up frustrated...I dey tell yah.. grin grin walahi ngbo
Re: Why Medical Doctor Corpers Are Paid Higher In Service(nysc) by goodheart02(m): 9:59pm On Jun 17, 2016
poseidonsaiz:

Then I suppose the military should be paid a million a month,going by this explaination... Listen,u cannot pay a corp doc 150k,nd pay an engineer 5k under the same system created for unification,equality and exposure... What msg r u passing to every other area of specialization?? That we r worthless,because we only spent 5yrs studying engineering?? Trying to better the dwindling fortunes of our existence in the 21st century? Fyi,we build basically gadgets and devices meant to AID the work of yol docs much better.. Am sure it wud hv been fair if you docs only had your hands and ur books to work wif,no stetoscope,no oxygen tanks,no anaesthetics,no nufin... I dey vex!

No vex. I just spoke my mind
Re: Why Medical Doctor Corpers Are Paid Higher In Service(nysc) by ayobase(m): 7:37pm On Jun 20, 2016
milky3:
not a medical student but a science laboratory student thks u look good too
Evening dear.
Pls, a science laboratory student of what institution?

Just sent you a PM, pls kindly reply. Thanks.
Re: Why Medical Doctor Corpers Are Paid Higher In Service(nysc) by diplomat058(m): 11:27am On Jun 21, 2016
Pls, house, help me with this. Does the grade one graduated with determine the lucrativity of one's PPA posting? For instance, can someone who left the uni with a degree in INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS(FIRST CLASS HONOURS) be deployed to european embassies, intergovs, and other multinationals as his place of PPA? pls, urgent and sincere reply will be appreciated. thx.
Re: Why Medical Doctor Corpers Are Paid Higher In Service(nysc) by poseidonsaiz(m): 5:01pm On Jun 23, 2016
Kaysalas:

Guy! Nor try confuse yarself. Na EQUIPMENT U talk in your comment wey I quote. We nor dey build Nada! Maybe you should try building us a TORCHLIGHT. Let's see your ENGINEERING SKILLS @ work. Note: I nor say COUPLE / ASSEMBLE O! Na BUILD I call am o! U dis dy/dx engineer.

Uncle.. Do I need to comment on a level of reasoning quite as low as urs? Even WHEN its obvious engineers ALWAYs build? Its all in d head bro, Smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Corper Tonia's Mother Got Her Through University Through Her Petty Business / Hilarious Excuse A Corper Gave For Redeployment / Corper In Bum Short Khaki And Boot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.