Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,184 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme (11959 Views)

Fayose Embraces Buhari's School Feeding Programme / No Security Vote Appropriated To Me - El-rufai Tells Dogara / I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by Rexyl(m): 8:53am On Jun 16, 2016
but teachers in some states are on strike and many schools are in bad shape

school feeding this time around can be described as a misplaced priority.

1 Like

Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by paulbets: 8:54am On Jun 16, 2016
It is a good program biko.

1 Like

Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by emmanuelbrown26: 8:54am On Jun 16, 2016
amaechi1:

Some critics are hell bent to criticize this government just because of unguarded hatred for Mr President, even when this intention and programme means well. I am encourage by your choice of word "snowball effect". I concur absolutely.
nnam ukwu ndewo (my boss i greet u) nobody hates Mazi Nwane Madu Okechukwu Babatunde Buhari, rather is some of my people dat are suffering from election hang-over

1 Like

Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by MadCow1: 8:56am On Jun 16, 2016
DaniDani:
Imagine channelling this fund to states for development projects or better still, Fg using it to equip our schools with science equipments

There is already a fund for schools.. Its called the UBE Fund.

1 Like

Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by akinbros: 8:57am On Jun 16, 2016
waice6571:

In my own case, I have been able to separate hatred for govt from reality.

The question is:
1. How long can they sustain this program?

2. What is the cost implication in the next four years?

3. What will be implication if same amount is sincerely channelled towards fixing electricity/ rural roads construction for reliable transportation of agricultural produce which is more beneficial to the people?

4. Why can't government handle governmental businesses and parents; parenting?

I don't expect such amount to end in septic tank without any return.

Quote me with honest answers.
Thanks.

Its still 18 states for 93 billion naira (for six months). In 1 year 18 states will consume 186 billion naira.
Ans when all the 36 states get involved + the FCT it will amount to about 400 billion naira just to feed primary school pupils annually in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by candidbabe(f): 8:57am On Jun 16, 2016
This money is too much to be spent on feeding alone. And I believe this is a way of encouraging the northern almajiris to go to school.
Bubuhari should look for meaningful projects to execute not this sham

1 Like

Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by Imafidonist442(m): 8:57am On Jun 16, 2016
What a confused government..why didnt the fedral government asked kaduna state of how far they gone..the truth is that the school feeding program failed before it even kicked of in kaduna state.
It a patetic situation were jolly juice is being mixed with water, sealed and shared to children with puff puff, or sometimes, they share biscuit for children....oh what a waste of fund. This are fund that should be used to improve the quality of education, by providing infrastructure and other basic necesities for schools.

2 Likes

Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by nwaire: 8:58am On Jun 16, 2016
DaniDani:
Imagine channelling this fund to states for development projects or better still, Fg using it to equip our schools with science equipments
Are there no money emarked for that too, let them use those one well. Good move by FG I will say what we should be advocating for now is accountability on the said money for this and other project of the FG
Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by MadCow1: 8:59am On Jun 16, 2016
amaechi1:

Please, have you considered the ripple benefit s of the programme? Increased number of pupils enrollment, agricultural boost, and employment. Let look at the immediate positive side than negative side.

The benefits too many..

- Job creation for local Farmers (Livestock and Agricultural Produce).

- Great Incentives for Poor parents to send their kids to school.

- Great incentive for the Children to want to go to school.

- Employment, Employment, Employment.. From Farm Helpers to Transporters to Caterers to Food Handlers.

But all that is not important, lets just wail and talk about how Buhari is ruining Nigeria. Thats a much nicer story.

6 Likes

Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by MadCow1: 9:01am On Jun 16, 2016
akinbros:

Its still 18 states for 93 billion naira (for six months). In 1 year 18 states will consume 186 billion naira.
Ans when all the 36 states get involved + the FCT it will amount to about 400 billion naira just to feed primary school pupils annually in Nigeria.

That is 400 Billion Naira that will be circulating within the Economy..

Not a kobo of that 400 Million is leaving the Economy.. How can that be bad? undecided

4 Likes

Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by Bhol28: 9:04am On Jun 16, 2016
Its a must for wailers to cry,no matter what the goverment brings as palliative measures cos they dont want things to work cos of hatred.Nigeria is not the first country where government changed from one party to another but some people just cant forge ahead and wish the new government well.PMB has really good intentions to deliver,he is also disciplined,prudent and that is the type of leader Nigeria needs for now.Let us forget tribalism and wish this country well no matter who is ruling.

1 Like

Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by MadCow1: 9:06am On Jun 16, 2016
Imafidonist442:
What a confused government..why didnt the fedral government asked kaduna state of how far they gone..the truth is that the school feeding program failed before it even kicked of in kaduna state.
It a patetic situation were jolly juice is being mixed with water, sealed and shared to children with puff puff, or sometimes, they share biscuit for children....oh what a waste of fund. This are fund that should be used to improve the quality of education, by providing infrastructure and other basic necesities for schools.

Just because the Kaduna State feeding programme failed does not mean the Programme is not workable.

Ofcourse Vendors and Contractors will cut corners to maximize profit, but that can be checked with proper monitoring.

Infrastructure for schools is funded through the UBE Fund. That will not change. But just because you had parents who were able to offer you breakfast and snacks for school does not mean the rest of the Nation's kids are that way. That is why you can still see children of school ages during school hours, hawking, trading and peddling goods on our streets. This is an incentive for those Parents to send their kids to school and also an incentive for the Kids to look forward to going to school. For many of those kids, the food they get in school may be the only good meal they eat all day.

1 Like

Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by fpeter(f): 9:09am On Jun 16, 2016
Feed the parents, give them hooks to go fishing and they'll have more than enough to feed their children with.
Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by DjAduba(m): 9:11am On Jun 16, 2016
deji15:
- 93 billion naira is far less than what Dansuki alone was sharing among his cohorts. Anything wrong in Govt giving directly to the citizen where there will be no bogus contracts and rip off?
- There is an adage that says when you remove hunger from the poverty equation, the problem is half solved.
- Health is wealth. With children eating good food, their visits to hospitals due to various disease will reduce.
- This is a social benefit initiative by the Government to help her citizens some of whom are extremely poor.
- This will help school enrollment as this is one other incentive that will make school attractive to kids and in effect aid their learning.
- There are other aspects of the 2016 budget that deals with capital projects which includes equipping and furnishing public schools.
- Many have complained about how citizens of some countries are benefiting from social welfare package by their Govt, while there is none for Nigerians. What is wrong in Nigeria helping her poor citizens to feed kids who are in Primary 1 to 3?
- It is a token, but it will go a long way in alleviating poverty of some citizens.
- With the high price of fuel / subsidy removal due to fraud in the system and non availability of forex, consider this as a palliative to cushion the effects of the hike
- This initiative will create a snowball effect whereby farmers, food sellers, kitchen utensil suppliers etc will benefit, in an organised fashion.

Best comment so far. more butter to your brain.

2 Likes

Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by tee4lowyeh(m): 9:11am On Jun 16, 2016
AnotherSinner:
Why cant this fund be given out in forms of loans of 400,000 naira each to create more jobs and businesses?

This buhari tenure na olodo tenure abeg

You are the olodo...cos obviously you are not informed..
The govt has other programs to cater for entrepreneurship and businesses...see ur mouth like N400,000...mscheew

1 Like

Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by waice6571: 9:14am On Jun 16, 2016
koboko69:

Pity ur pityable self first.

Mr abimo mo wo tin duro ounje iponju lati bo omo re.

Let me try and give you the interpretation.

Someone who gave birth to children without the consequential responsibility in mind will always seek bread of affliction to feed them.

Pity you and likes of you.
Irresponsible burden to the society.
Shame on you.

1 Like

Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 16, 2016
The same people that said Buhari and his government are fraudsters and liars when he, Buhari, projected the cost of this feeding program which seems to take so much money to implement.

Now, these same people are here discouraging the idea when it's about seeing the light of implementation. I see no love, belief and discipline. You just criticized at every junction turned.

1 Like

Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by Judeoxide(m): 9:19am On Jun 16, 2016
To what end... Almost700 wooping million dollars to what end.... feed more boko haram.. well what do you expect from a president with fake waec result...

Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by originally(m): 9:20am On Jun 16, 2016
Empower the parents,they will take good care of their children
Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by permanentgrace(m): 9:21am On Jun 16, 2016
DaniDani:

Your suggestions are not valid. We have had thousands of cases where monies had been repeatedly sent to states for developmental projects but the said monies only ended up in the pocket of few individuals. My suggestion is that, this money should be shared to all Nigerians equally irrespective age, gender, tribe or religion using the right channel. Let's forget about development. I'm of the opinion it was not meant to be in Nigeria...development. Let's be receiving our monies with our own hands now. We can take care of ourselves individually
Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by DjAduba(m): 9:22am On Jun 16, 2016
MadCow1:

Not a kobo of that 400 Million is leaving the Economy.. How can that be bad? undecided
I can still remember that same 400Billion was easily diverted to some personal accounts which none of the poor benefited from it. some foolish men like my uncle and his friends admit to have use their own share to seek for spiritual support so that they will succeed and continue with the stealing act But God Almighty Exposed them all.

I support FG on its idea to reduce child poverty.. May u succeed by His grace. Amen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by koboko69: 9:23am On Jun 16, 2016
waice6571:

Mr abimo mo wo tin duro ounje iponju lati bo omo re.

Let me try and give you the interpretation.

Someone who gave birth to children without the consequential responsibility in mind will always seek bread of affliction to feed them.

Pity you and likes of you.
Irresponsible burden to the society.
Shame on you.

You are a Buhari hater, and your noise here is not because of your inconsequential logic but simply because you vowed never to see anything good in Buhari's government. I suggest you stop the folly, cos shou this govt fail, its u that will suffer not Buhari or his children.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:23am On Jun 16, 2016
Sadeik:

http://www.financialwatchngr.com/2016/06/16/fg-appropriated-93-billion-naira-first-phase-school-feeding-programme/

Together, Nigeria will prevail!
Misplaced priority undecided
My final judgement PMB might not be educated or he is not acting like one embarassed
Case dismissed lipsrsealed
Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by Skain(m): 9:24am On Jun 16, 2016
FG but why?...
These kids are already been fed at home, why don't you just improve the schools and pay the teachers well. Its irrelevant IMO...
Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by DjAduba(m): 9:24am On Jun 16, 2016
MadCow1:

I can still remember some time ago $2.1Billion was easily diverted to some personal accounts which none of the poor benefited from it. some foolish men like my uncle and his friends admit to have use their own share to seek for spiritual support so that they can succeed and continue with the stealing act But God Almighty Exposed them all.

I support FG on its idea to reduce child poverty.. May u succeed by His grace. Amen.

1 Like

Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by Izonpikin: 9:26am On Jun 16, 2016
if this can be achieved no wahala...i would rather have opted for free education and improvement school facilities to standard...if parents can have their kids trained well in schools i dont think food would be a problem for them to provide for their kids...tuition fees for standard schools is the critical issue here and not food...
Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 16, 2016
Ur papa is a f.oool
tee4lowyeh:

You are the olodo...cos obviously you are not informed..
The govt has other programs to cater for entrepreneurship and businesses...see ur mouth like N400,000...mscheew
Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by akinbros: 9:31am On Jun 16, 2016
MadCow1:

Yeah I support that the money is within the economy and If an 'average Nigerian' will gain contract for supplies and the rest. Its a good idea.

To me I'm looking at government investing 400billion creating production companies of 1billion naira each of 400 units or 500million naira each of 800 companies in different categories of products to boost our export scattered all over the federation that will boost our non -oil exports, thereby creating hundreds of thousands of jobs and earning fx into our economy.

Lets imagine 400billion annually for 4yrs creating such and that will by far reduce importation to a very large extent.

Primary school students are not starving/hungry.
Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by Laid2001: 9:31am On Jun 16, 2016
THIS IS GOOD.
The government campaigned with this program and was voted for on that basis. It means Majority of Nigerians wants the program.

This school feeding program is obtainable in most developed nation as well. This will go a long way to help the economy as it will have ripple effects with the private sector in the chain of food production.

1 Like

Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by gomeks(m): 9:32am On Jun 16, 2016
deji15:
- 93 billion naira is far less than what Dansuki alone was sharing among his cohorts. Anything wrong in Govt giving directly to the citizen where there will be no bogus contracts and rip off?
- There is an adage that says when you remove hunger from the poverty equation, the problem is half solved.
- Health is wealth. With children eating good food, their visits to hospitals due to various disease will reduce.
- This is a social benefit initiative by the Government to help her citizens some of whom are extremely poor.
- This will help school enrollment as this is one other incentive that will make school attractive to kids and in effect aid their learning.
- There are other aspects of the 2016 budget that deals with capital projects which includes equipping and furnishing public schools.
- Many have complained about how citizens of some countries are benefiting from social welfare package by their Govt, while there is none for Nigerians. What is wrong in Nigeria helping her poor citizens to feed kids who are in Primary 1 to 3?
- It is a token, but it will go a long way in alleviating poverty of some citizens.
- With the high price of fuel / subsidy removal due to fraud in the system and non availability of forex, consider this as a palliative to cushion the effects of the hike
- This initiative will create a snowball effect whereby farmers, food sellers, kitchen utensil suppliers etc will benefit, in an organised fashion.
Tell them, most people are educated illiterate. Gbam
Re: N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:36am On Jun 16, 2016
waice6571:

In my own case, I have been able to separate hatred for govt from reality.

The question is:
1. How long can they sustain this program?

2. What is the cost implication in the next four years?

3. What will be implication if same amount is sincerely channelled towards fixing electricity/ rural roads construction for reliable transportation of agricultural produce which is more beneficial to the people?

4. Why can't government handle governmental businesses and parents; parenting?

I don't expect such amount to end in septic tank without any return.

Quote me with honest answers.
Thanks.

This is a clear case of our President wanting to be Jack of all trade and master of NONE.
I mean let's be honest with ourselves which assignment has being taken up by this administration and you can boldly beat your chest and say that they have done it well.
No wonder some are of the school of thought that this a way to siphon money and honestly speaking I don't blame them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Remove Boroh As Presidential Amnesty Adviser" Protest On East-West Road (Pics) / How We Plan To Win 2019 Election, By Buhari, Atiku / Bode George: PDP Must Conduct Fresh Convention If North Picks 2023 Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.