Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,433 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Yoruba Girls Love Igbo Guys A Lot - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Yoruba Girls Love Igbo Guys A Lot (12340 Views)

I Too Love Igbo Guys / "Igbo Guys Are The Real Demons"- Girl Narrates Her Ugly Dating Experience / Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Girls Love Igbo Guys A Lot by Mrblazer(m): 11:05am On Aug 30, 2009
sorry to say this my yoruba brothers and sisters but the yoruba ladies easily fall for the igbo guys. Does this mean that ur fellow YORUBAS cannot show love and care for you? No offence pls.Thanks
Re: Yoruba Girls Love Igbo Guys A Lot by Kunbee: 7:36pm On Aug 30, 2009
No offence taken but how did u come up wiv ur conclusion is it in ur toilet, brt, nollywood movies, beer parlour or u r psychic. This is rili interesting

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Girls Love Igbo Guys A Lot by EDOYORUBA: 7:47pm On Aug 30, 2009
Your def def wrong dude. Most yoruba gals if not all , only date yoruba guys, with a very very very few of them if u aint yoruba, you must def def be able to speak the language, then you possibly stand a chance . I think il conclude that igbo gals like yoruba guys instead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Girls Love Igbo Guys A Lot by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 30, 2009
help me ask am, what is he feeling like.

i dated an igbo guy once and it was a big disaster. i have made many bad choices and dating him was the biggest one and i cringe each time i remember it.
first he started seeing old people in his dreams, i do not know whether that is a pattern they all just developed.
then he started seeing juju in his dreams, at the end, he said HIS MUM said we were not good for each other after practically rendering me boyfriendless for a year, cos if i talk to a guy, i would get beaten. he was over protective and insanely jealous.

at times he would hit me and will hail himself saying UKU NANA, HEAVY ARTILERRY,O TA blah blah blah, ota chewing gum. he had fun being Mr Macho and i took all his bullshit and at the end i get punched in the face, so girls if you are dating an igbo guy, keep your fingers crossed and wait for the OLD WOMAN IN THE DREAM TO COME VISITING, truthfully.YES they are thE worst

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Girls Love Igbo Guys A Lot by No2Atheism(m): 8:13pm On Aug 30, 2009
olusolami:

i dated an igbo guy once and it was a big disaster. i have made many bad choices and dating him was the biggest one and i cringe each time i remember it.
first he started seeing old people in his dreams, i do not know whether that is a pattern they all just developed.
then he started seeing juju in his dreams, at the end, he said HIS MUM said we were not good for each other after practically rendering me boyfriendless for a year, cos if i talk to a guy, i would get beaten. he was over protective and insanely jealous.

at times he would hit me and will hail himself saying UKU NANA, HEAVY ARTILERRY,O TA blah blah blah, ota chewing gum. he had fun being Mr Macho and i took all his bullshit and at the end i get punched in the face, so girls if you are dating an igbo guy, keep your fingers crossed and wait for the OLD WOMAN IN THE DREAM TO COME VISITING, truthfully.YES they are thE worst

Heya sorry

which one is the heavy artillerry cheesy cheesy cheesy (sorry about the laughter am not laughing at your experience, i was just laughing about how ridiculous the hailing is)
Re: Yoruba Girls Love Igbo Guys A Lot by Atreus(f): 8:16pm On Aug 30, 2009
@olusolami,i dont see why you should blame the guy,afterall,YOU were the one who took his shit for a year. I agree that the culture in which a child is raised will affect the man he'll become,but the facts are,a jerk is a jerk,whether he is igbo or not,and by the same token,a good man is a good man,regardless of his tribe,so please dont generalize,dont say 'they' are the worst. That aside,i'm truly sorry that you went through all that.@topic,i havent really noticed.
Re: Yoruba Girls Love Igbo Guys A Lot by EDOYORUBA: 8:18pm On Aug 30, 2009
@olusolami  . Wow . Sorry for your experience. Absolutely despise and detest any man raising hands on their woman. What I certainly know is that igbo guys aren't the best at talking to a lady nicely and respectfully or knowing the nice things to say to a gal. . But then Il say its not good to generalise. I mean im sure there are some good igbo guys out there.
Re: Yoruba Girls Love Igbo Guys A Lot by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 30, 2009
I AM BEING SERIOUS, he would hit himself on the chest and say, IAM TOO MUCH, no girl tries me and go free, blah blah blah, i took it like a loving mugu until hr FELL IN LOVE wt the woman in the dream
Re: Yoruba Girls Love Igbo Guys A Lot by E1(m): 8:29pm On Aug 30, 2009
That's not true. Most Yoruba girls would def now date an Igbo guy, toasted some and all said we would def not marry them because of the tribe.
Re: Yoruba Girls Love Igbo Guys A Lot by Rebarobyn: 8:30pm On Aug 30, 2009
honestly I don't know any yoruba girl dating an Igbo guy, I think its the other way round - igbo girls and yoruba guys- but it doesn't mean any tribe is bad anyway.

@olusolami- what a bad experience, any man who hits a woman is a Loser (with a big L) with very little ego. he didn't deserve you!
Re: Yoruba Girls Love Igbo Guys A Lot by TheSeeker(m): 8:54pm On Aug 30, 2009
EDO/YORUBA:

@olusolami . Wow . Sorry for your experience. Absolutely despise and detest any man raising hands on their woman. What I certainly know is that igbo guys aren't the best at talking to a lady nicely and respectfully or knowing the nice things to say to a gal. . But then Il say its not good to generalise. I mean im sure there are some good igbo guys out there.
You wish that in your dreams. How can you be so sure? There you're saying it's not good to generalize but you actually are doing just that. If Igbos are disrespectful to women, what importance do you think is attached to the high bride price? That depicts what value and respect they accord their women. Stop trying to be ignorant.

@Olusolami, sorry about the situation you found yourself in. You see, you took the bullshit for a year, no one forced you to stay but it was your decision to do so. However, I'm sorry to hear that.

@OP
I don't think anyone has the right stats to measure up if Yoruba girls love Igbo guys more or Igbo girls love Yoruba guys more or vice versa. I'm not a big fan of tribalism. A man is a man when it all comes down to being distinctive but the environmental influence matters though; nonetheless, a man will be who he wants to be regardless of where he is from.
Personally, all my ex girlfriends are Yoruba girls --- no Hausa, no Igbo. All of them have their differences and my tribe never had anything to do with my relationships with them. . . . I still never disrespected any of them, neither did I hit any or yelled at any at any point in time. So who's coming up with that fake theory that Igbo guys don't know how to treat women?
Re: Yoruba Girls Love Igbo Guys A Lot by MissyB1(m): 9:38pm On Aug 30, 2009
olusolami:

at times he would hit me and will hail himself saying UKU NANA, HEAVY ARTILERRY,O TA blah blah blah, ota chewing gum. he had fun being Mr Macho and i took all his bullshit and at the end i get punched in the face
, so girls if you are dating an igbo guy, keep your fingers crossed and wait for the OLD WOMAN IN THE DREAM TO COME VISITING, truthfully.YES  they are thE worst
I just couldn't help it . . . . .My ribs hurt!
Chei . . . .This post made my night.
Re: Yoruba Girls Love Igbo Guys A Lot by EDOYORUBA: 9:40pm On Aug 30, 2009
@ TheSeeker. Whao Dude  Seems like my comment offended you a bit.  I sincerely apologise. Didnt mean no harm.   In re-phrasing my statement. I should have said." THE FEW IGBO GUYS IM CLOSE TO, ARE'NT THE BEST AT TALKING TO LADIES"  

Im the least tribalistic person ever. and im infact married to an IGBO GAL.

All we,r saying is that statistically igbo gals date yoruba guy, much more than yoruba gals date igbo guys.

Rgds
Re: Yoruba Girls Love Igbo Guys A Lot by EDOYORUBA: 9:42pm On Aug 30, 2009
Heavy artillery , lol, maybe the guy nah village warrior, lol
Re: Yoruba Girls Love Igbo Guys A Lot by chiogo(f): 9:50pm On Aug 30, 2009
Na wa oo. . .olusalami, your story take style funny. lipsrsealed
But you're still generalizing on your experience with the one so-called Igbo guy.

I've met controlling yoruba guys too, it goes both ways. TheSeeker has said it all.
Re: Yoruba Girls Love Igbo Guys A Lot by TheSeeker(m): 9:53pm On Aug 30, 2009
EDO/YORUBA:

@ TheSeeker. Whao Dude Seems like my comment offended you a bit. I sincerely apologise. Didnt mean no harm. In re-phrasing my statement. I should have said." THE FEW IGBO GUYS IM CLOSE TO, ARE'NT THE BEST AT TALKING TO LADIES"

Im the least tribalistic person ever. and im infact married to an IGBO GAL.

All we,r saying is that statistically igbo gals date yoruba guy, much more than yoruba gals date igbo guys.

Rgds

That's more like it. Offended? No, I don't think I was. I just expected a more logical statement -- or an exact but true assertion wink But it's OK though.
EDO/YORUBA:

Heavy artillery , lol, maybe the guy nah village warrior, lol
ROFLMAO grin grin grin I'm trying to picture what state and/or position she was when he was saying those things? Was she laying on the floor and the hewas kicking her like Iranian police did those protesters? grin
Re: Yoruba Girls Love Igbo Guys A Lot by bluespice(f): 10:04pm On Aug 30, 2009
the lady that took the beating for a yr,
ur story was sickly funny
Re: Yoruba Girls Love Igbo Guys A Lot by C2H5OH(f): 10:05pm On Aug 30, 2009
yeah yeah story
Re: Yoruba Girls Love Igbo Guys A Lot by yankidelta(m): 10:12pm On Aug 30, 2009
i strongly agree with edo/yoruba on dis one
Re: Yoruba Girls Love Igbo Guys A Lot by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 30, 2009
Igbo boys. . . Well I know they like spending for their babe sha. . . As for love and respect. . . Holler @ Yoruba boys. . .
The reason they pay a high bride price is because their father in laws believe that's the only way she'd be worth something to a man, but of course, they are wrong!
I know so many igbo girls who have sworn not to marry an igbo guy mostly because of family issues. . . Most igbo men have family issues that aren't too obvious until they are married and or the husband dies. . . They like claiming their 'sons' property, their younger ones depend too much on their 'rich brothers' and if the man doesn't meet up to expectations when married, the wife becomes the enemy cos they'd believe she's turning him away from the family. . .
That my peepz is the bitter truth. . . Some of them are really nice though. . . But the family factor sucks!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Girls Love Igbo Guys A Lot by Nobody: 11:42pm On Aug 30, 2009
jassie:

Igbo boys. . . Well I know they like spending for their babe sha. . . As for love and respect. . . Holler @ Yoruba boys. . .
The reason they pay a high bride price is because their father in laws believe that's the only way she'd be worth something to a man, but of course, they are wrong!
I know so many igbo girls who have sworn not to marry an igbo guy mostly because of family issues. . . Most igbo men have family issues that aren't too obvious until they are married and or the husband dies. . . They like claiming their 'sons' property, their younger ones depend too much on their 'rich brothers' and if the man doesn't meet up to expectations when married, the wife becomes the enemy cos they'd believe she's turning him away from the family. . .
That my peepz is the bitter truth. . . Some of them are really nice though. . . But the family factor sucks!

Haaaaaaa cheesy cheesy cheesy

@Olusolami
I think you are attracted to bush men. cheesy
Re: Yoruba Girls Love Igbo Guys A Lot by TheSeeker(m): 11:44pm On Aug 30, 2009
jassie:

Just look at all your wrong facts! Look at the holes. I'll break it down for you.

Do you know how many Yoruba family kill their family members all in the name of claiming properties? I know this much about Yorubaland and if you want to dispute that fact I'm ready to take it on with you. Can you tell me those issues Igbo me have in their families? Maybe you're not familiar with Yoruba culture or at best didn't live near your people to know all these. There's always a stern warning in Yoruba land and that is: Don't front when it comes to inheritance because right there, many people get their deaths, so what are you saying?

Igbo men's younger siblings look up to them (the rich ones) and Yoruba don't do that? Tell me what's wrong in a younger sibling looking up to their elder for some sort of assistance? Stop being tribal, it's bad for your image.

You said his family will think because he doesn't meet up with their expectations, then his wife will be blamed? I can only point out the fact to you. In Yoruba land, the most common cause of polygamy is family pressure and that's because they think they're not getting what they expected; and they subsequently think a marriage with another woman will phase the first wife out. Again I say: Stop trying to be ignorant.
Re: Yoruba Girls Love Igbo Guys A Lot by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 30, 2009
I think Yoruba women would suit Igbo men perfectly. cheesy Their feisty nature would put everyone in place. cheesy grin
Re: Yoruba Girls Love Igbo Guys A Lot by Sauron1: 11:48pm On Aug 30, 2009
Mr blazer:

sorry to say this my yoruba brothers and sisters but the yoruba ladies easily fall for the igbo guys. Does this mean that your fellow YORUBAS cannot show love and care for you? No offence pls.Thanks

The topic should be Yoruba boys love Igbo babes.
Re: Yoruba Girls Love Igbo Guys A Lot by chiogo(f): 11:51pm On Aug 30, 2009
~Sauron~:

The topic should be Yoruba boys love Igbo babes.
yup, that's more like it.
Re: Yoruba Girls Love Igbo Guys A Lot by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 31, 2009
TheSeeker:

Just look at all your wrong facts! Look at the holes. I'll break it down for you.

Do you know how many Yoruba family kill their family members all in the name of claiming properties? I know this much about Yorubaland and if you want to dispute that fact I'm ready to take it on with you. Can you tell me those issues Igbo me have in their families? Maybe you're not familiar with Yoruba culture or at best didn't live near your people to know all these. There's always a stern warning in Yoruba land and that is: Don't front when it comes to inheritance because right there, many people get their deaths, so what are you saying?

Igbo men's younger siblings look up to them (the rich ones) and Yoruba don't do that? Tell me what's wrong in a younger sibling looking up to their elder for some sort of assistance? Stop being tribal, it's bad for your image.

You said his family will think because he doesn't meet up with their expectations, then his wife will be blamed? I can only point out the fact to you. In Yoruba land, the most common cause of polygamy is family pressure and that's because they think they're not getting what they expected; and they subsequently think a marriage with another woman will phase the first wife out. Again I say: Stop trying to be ignorant.

Hey I didn't comment because I wanted to argue. I am Yoruba (pure breed) but I'm not a tribalist. . . Just seeing things from the general perspective. . . Sorry if you don't like blunt people. . . The fact is a Yoruba babe looking for a guy to spend might go for a Igbo spare part dealer to get some dough, but that's it! Love is something else. . . Yoruba babes on Igbo guys? Well not the classy ones. . . grin
Re: Yoruba Girls Love Igbo Guys A Lot by Sauron1: 12:29am On Aug 31, 2009
chiogo:

yup, that's more like it.

More like what?
Re: Yoruba Girls Love Igbo Guys A Lot by Borat1: 12:36am On Aug 31, 2009
Tribalistic mumbo jumbo,,,

olusolami:

Eyaa, kpele
You must have dated one unschooled igbo trader for his money and got what you deserved
such blatant generalisation, sad
Re: Yoruba Girls Love Igbo Guys A Lot by asha80(m): 12:41am On Aug 31, 2009
i wonder when an igbo person equates a spare parts dealer @jassie.
Re: Yoruba Girls Love Igbo Guys A Lot by chiogo(f): 12:42am On Aug 31, 2009
~Sauron~:

More like what?
what you wrote. I was cosigning with your post.
Now that I have to explain myself, undecided
Re: Yoruba Girls Love Igbo Guys A Lot by Secretz(f): 12:42am On Aug 31, 2009
Been there, done that . . . . . big misconception . . . .  grin
Re: Yoruba Girls Love Igbo Guys A Lot by Sauron1: 12:49am On Aug 31, 2009
chiogo:

what you wrote. I was cosigning with your post. 
Now that I have to explain myself,  undecided

Chiogo, i am beginning to suspect you love Yoruba boys.
Isi gini? cheesy

Secretz:

Been there, done that . . . . . big misconception . . . .  grin

Been where?
Done what?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Men Should Marry Ebira Women / Shocking Sexy Viral Pre-Wedding Shot (Photo) / See My Chat With This White Girl On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.