Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,730 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

EFCC: Sheriff Agrees To Return N40million - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC: Sheriff Agrees To Return N40million (18203 Views)

Paris Club Loot: Governor Agrees To Refund $2.5m / Ronnie Dankabo And Halima Sheriff's Pre-wedding Photos / EFCC Grills Sheriff, Agrees To Return N40m Campaign Fund - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC: Sheriff Agrees To Return N40million by general1970: 8:49am On Jun 16, 2016
Why are they not arresting GEJ cos he gave orders to disburse funds.
Re: EFCC: Sheriff Agrees To Return N40million by shaddoww: 8:49am On Jun 16, 2016
E no go wan make dem keep am for custody nao, the PDP fight don reach stage of no return. Anything can happen in 24hrs
Re: EFCC: Sheriff Agrees To Return N40million by hasyn04(m): 8:49am On Jun 16, 2016
Pdp been milking this country! Alhamdulilah for buhari.
deantimes:
NIGERIA'S anti-graft commission, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Wednesday grilled the embattled National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Ali Modu Sheriff, for about seven and a half hours over the N40 million campaign fund he received for former President Goodluck Jonathan’s reelection bid.

Sheriff, as reported on Wednesday, was invited by the EFCC to appear before its operatives at its Maiduguri, Borno State office.

He was said to have arrived at the office at about 10am.

He was only released on administrative bail at about 5:30pm after he agreed to refund the N40 million he was given for the election.

The money was part of the $115 million released by a former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Deziani Alison-Madueke, through Fidelity Bank Plc, to major actors in the PDP and the Independent National Electoral Commission for the reelection bid of Jonathan.

The money was said to have been converted to Naira by the now sacked Managing Director/CEO of Fidelity Bank, Nnamdi Okonkwo.

It came to about N23.3 billion at the time.
The money was given to Sheriff by Mohammed Wakil, who received N450 million on behalf of the PDP in Borno State.

A statement by the Head of Media and Publicity of the EFCC, Wilson Uwujaren, confirmed the development.

Uwujaren said in the statement: “A former governor of Borno State, Ali Modu Shariff, was grilled by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC Maiduguri zonal office on Wednesday for his involvement in sharing the sum of N40m.

“Investigation is ongoing as Shariff is answering questions in the EFCC office at the time of writing this report.”

http://.com/efcc-invitation-sheriff-agrees-to-return-n400million/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC: Sheriff Agrees To Return N40million by Hardaysheenar(m): 8:49am On Jun 16, 2016
Even if Buhari does notin abt Nigeria development but continue to trap all ds corrupt politicians..then m gone with him....to me..I don't care if they return d stolen money or not...my judgement for them...1. Return d looted money...2. Confiscate their properties..be ye land, houses and so on...3..They must be jailed!...if only na to return money..d stealing will still continue!....

8 Likes

Re: EFCC: Sheriff Agrees To Return N40million by ganisucks(f): 8:51am On Jun 16, 2016
Some people can lie. I tot they said that SAS is working for the APC. No matter what, it is SAS till 2018

1 Like

Re: EFCC: Sheriff Agrees To Return N40million by remigiusizunna(m): 8:51am On Jun 16, 2016
Who is free please?
Re: EFCC: Sheriff Agrees To Return N40million by Bibors(m): 8:52am On Jun 16, 2016
I have a different side to this - let's assume the monies came from a credible source and was given to them for campaign purposes-- so these men pocketed these monie to ensure that the election was lost. What a bunch of thrives and conspirators, pls return all those monies.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC: Sheriff Agrees To Return N40million by Meritocracy: 8:53am On Jun 16, 2016
Where are the abobaku of witch hunt, who always refer to trial as witch hunt. The funny part is they are the one also condemning bad roads and poor health care after celebrating looters.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC: Sheriff Agrees To Return N40million by Pamelayoung: 8:54am On Jun 16, 2016
vikacydevato:
Can someone rob a bank, and when he is caught, he says : Ok, let me go. I will return the money?

My brother I tire for this country o! Is it enough for him to just say he will return the money, shouldn't he be punished for taking it in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC: Sheriff Agrees To Return N40million by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:54am On Jun 16, 2016
OgaTheTop2:
This is what some wailers are wailing against and shouting witch-hunting upadown. Now, they will say Buhari is not working.
Don't mind them. Time will definitely tell who the real idiots are...

3 Likes

Re: EFCC: Sheriff Agrees To Return N40million by quinnboy: 8:55am On Jun 16, 2016
THE. SOURCE OF THIS NEWS IS NOT CREDIBLE....though happy to hear him returning our money stolen....my question to this corruption thing is that why not go for the main YAM sharer MADUAKE and save us all this story or long time digging n findings. If she's arrested I'm sure she will give names of all the beneficiary of our YAM.
Re: EFCC: Sheriff Agrees To Return N40million by atirolu(m): 8:55am On Jun 16, 2016
If u catch the big fish in opposition 2019 is unopposed for apc

Again the question is the money used by apc is coming from where?

Am not against fighting corruption though but I believed it should be holistic
Re: EFCC: Sheriff Agrees To Return N40million by ceejay80s(m): 9:02am On Jun 16, 2016
vikacydevato:
Can someone rob a bank, and when he is caught, he says : Ok, let me go. I will return the money?

Yes!!!
Only in nigeria
Re: EFCC: Sheriff Agrees To Return N40million by yahmohy27: 9:10am On Jun 16, 2016
babatunx:
If this is really "witch hunting", I'd rather not want it to stop..... So long it recovers d looted funds.... When another party takes over, they can also witch hunt this present administration..... By this, maybe we will get rid of all political witches and wizards in the country.....
Nagode brother!
Re: EFCC: Sheriff Agrees To Return N40million by Etinosajay(m): 9:11am On Jun 16, 2016
It is getting clearer now.

President Buhari and Former President Jonathan had been having series of unending meetings. I can see clearer why that is.

A lot of politicians (PDP) in the last election duped former president Jonathan, in the name of lining up support for his re-election. From the south to the north to the west and east. It made GEJ look like a fool, because they took his money and did nothing for him. Upon losing the election, it became impossible for GEJ to say return my money.

In my mind, I think GEJ has given an extensive list of these people with evidence to President Buhari. In time to come, nearly all of them will have to refund money they took from GEJ without working for it.

This may also form part of the peace agreement reached between GEJ and PMB and brokered by General Abdulsalami Abubakar for GEJ to be excluded from any probe.

It looks like it to me.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC: Sheriff Agrees To Return N40million by 18SNVL: 9:12am On Jun 16, 2016
Re: EFCC: Sheriff Agrees To Return N40million by ekhai(m): 9:13am On Jun 16, 2016
shaddoww:
E no go wan make dem keep am for custody nao, the PDP fight don reach stage of no return. Anything can happen in 24hrs
YOU GOT IT RIGHT. EVERY MINUTE COUNTS FOR THE CHAIRMANSHIP BATTLE.
Re: EFCC: Sheriff Agrees To Return N40million by Speakdatruth: 9:13am On Jun 16, 2016
only 40m? we say no
Re: EFCC: Sheriff Agrees To Return N40million by castrokins(m): 9:18am On Jun 16, 2016
Do You Have Video Evidence Of Sheriff Promising To Refund N40m? Is It That He Kept The Money For When EFCC Will Request For It?
Re: EFCC: Sheriff Agrees To Return N40million by ekhai(m): 9:21am On Jun 16, 2016
quinnboy:
THE. SOURCE OF THIS NEWS IS NOT CREDIBLE....though happy to hear him returning our money stolen....my question to this corruption thing is that why not go for the main YAM sharer MADUAKE and save us all this story or long time digging n findings. If she's arrested I'm sure she will give names of all the beneficiary of our YAM.
SHE GET CANCER NOW. GOD IS ALREADY DEALING WITH HER.
Re: EFCC: Sheriff Agrees To Return N40million by logicab: 9:22am On Jun 16, 2016
Well, he received money to run an election campaign (whether he did run the campaign or not is another issue). So it is the source of the money who should be held liable (Dieziani).
Re: EFCC: Sheriff Agrees To Return N40million by Ahmedhussain3463: 9:24am On Jun 16, 2016
dey never wanted buhari to win d election bt God pass dem!i hope nigerian israelite are watching event as it unfold abi?

1 Like

Re: EFCC: Sheriff Agrees To Return N40million by gomeks(m): 9:28am On Jun 16, 2016
babatunx:
If this is really "witch hunting", I'd rather not want it to stop..... So long it recovers d looted funds.... When another party takes over, they can also witch hunt this present administration..... By this, maybe we will get rid of all political witches and wizards in the country.....
you are right bro
Re: EFCC: Sheriff Agrees To Return N40million by taiwofisa: 9:28am On Jun 16, 2016
God bless you my brother, this has always being my point whenever I argue this issue with people.
babatunx:
Re: EFCC: Sheriff Agrees To Return N40million by Jokkarm: 9:29am On Jun 16, 2016
Sheriff or whatever , should return everything he received . What is 40million to compare with 450million naira .
I hope the writer did not make mistake .
Let him return all the money and also be sentenced to jail term .
Is like EFCC is soft pedalling with their looting cases .
Whatever you collect must be returned followed by the punishment.

1 Like

Re: EFCC: Sheriff Agrees To Return N40million by Awaja(m): 9:29am On Jun 16, 2016
Abegi, who is investigating how Buhari funded his election bid for the number of times he tried, ?to me this no corruption fight,
Re: EFCC: Sheriff Agrees To Return N40million by Hustoto: 9:30am On Jun 16, 2016
what about all the funds buhari received? has anyone that gave him money been probed?
Re: EFCC: Sheriff Agrees To Return N40million by alt3r3g0: 9:36am On Jun 16, 2016
Everyone is learning from Metuh. Instead of shouting witch hunt upandan...you know they already have evidence. Just refund and continue your life.

1 Like

Re: EFCC: Sheriff Agrees To Return N40million by dondavinchi(m): 9:39am On Jun 16, 2016
These r fabricated stories just to pull down d PDP sheriff is an APC mole in PDP
Re: EFCC: Sheriff Agrees To Return N40million by Ephemmm: 9:41am On Jun 16, 2016
clevadani:
Thank God for Buhari oh. Na so all these people for escape with our money?

GEJ has left but his corruptive antecedents manhood lives.
Re: EFCC: Sheriff Agrees To Return N40million by dondavinchi(m): 9:42am On Jun 16, 2016
These r fabricated stories just to pull down d PDP sheriff is an APC mole in PDP, maywhile I was ban for almost a month plus 4 agitiating 4 my right hmmmmmmm it so unfair

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Urges Governors To Pay Workers’ Salaries From Debt Refunds / Fact Check: Did Lauretta Onochie stop being an APC Member In 2019? / PDP Blasts Jega: You Contributed In Bringing This ‘Failed’ APC Government'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.