Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Tunde Idiagbon: Fulani Man Or Yoruba Man ? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tunde Idiagbon: Fulani Man Or Yoruba Man ? (13597 Views)

Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu / Remembrance Of Tunde Idiagbon By Kunle Idiagbon / Beaf : Major General Tunde Idiagbon Was Not A Thief, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tunde Idiagbon: Fulani Man Or Yoruba Man ? by EDOYORUBA: 9:52pm On Aug 30, 2009
What does it matter if he was HAUSA, FULANI, YORUBA OR IGBO. This is the very problem of nigeria. "TRIBALISM". Who cares where is from as long as he did the job well. doesnt matter where our next president will be from?, ijaw, bini, odoma, nupe, efik, ibibio.or even from the sun, etc all that matter is whoever it is does the job well. regardless of their tribe. SIMPLE.
Re: Tunde Idiagbon: Fulani Man Or Yoruba Man ? by AloyEmeka6: 10:07pm On Aug 30, 2009
tpia@:

so the English no longer own London?

because a battalion of foreigners live there?
Is the English an ethnic group or tribe?. How many ethnic groups are in England?. The Romans were the first settlers in London and so many big cities in Europe like Paris so, technically, they own London and Paris, if I should buy your one way reasoning. Londoners should stand at still for  Romans because they own the city.  undecided

So, who owns NY, Bremen, Stuttgart?
Re: Tunde Idiagbon: Fulani Man Or Yoruba Man ? by tpia5: 10:25pm On Aug 30, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Is the English an ethnic group or tribe?. How many ethnic groups are in England?. The Romans were the first settlers in London and so many big cities in Europe like Paris so, technically, they own London and Paris, if I should buy your one way reasoning. Londoners should stand at still for Romans because they own the city. undecided

So, who owns NY, Bremen, Stuttgart?

so because Nigerians and other foreigners have overrun all these places you mention, the owners of the place no longer have a say?

and because the Romans made London their base, now means the people they met in Britain no longer have a say there? Should Italy occupy London then?

It was traditionally thought that Londinium started as a Roman fort to defend the crossing, and later developed into a civilian settlement. However, archaeological excavation (undertaken by the Department of Urban Archaeology of the Museum of London, now called MOLAS) since the 1970s has failed to unearth any convincing traces of military occupation on the site, so many archeologists now believe that Londinium was the product of private enterprise. Its site on a busy river-crossing made it a perfect place for traders from across the Roman Empire to set up business.

The name Londinium is thought to be pre-Roman (and possibly pre-Celtic) in origin, although there has been no consensus on what it means. It was common practice for Romans to adopt native names for new settlements. A common theory is that it derives from a hypothetical Celtic placename, Londinion[3] which was probably derived from the personal name Londinos, from the word lond, meaning 'wild'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_London

If you dont know who the English are then good luck to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tunde Idiagbon: Fulani Man Or Yoruba Man ? by AloyEmeka6: 10:51pm On Aug 30, 2009
I am tired of running around in circles with a certified dunce. English people are natives of England just like Nigerians are natives of Nigeria. English is neither a tribe nor an ethnic group. Which tribes and ethnic groups make up the english just like the anglos, saxons etc. Romans settled in London first and I asked a question whether the Romans should be given all accolade in London only for you to retort with the same question I asked you. If Ilorin locals are fighting for city ownership supremacy based on who emigrated to Ilorin first, how is it any different from every other city in the world?. Who should we give the title to the city of NY?.

City ownership supremacy is one plague among Nigerians I do not understand. What does it mean and what does it solve assuming Fulanis raise their hands and ask Yorubas to take their ilorin. Yorubas by population outnumber fulanis in Ilorin yet there is a cold war about ownership.

Ownership of what?. Who owns Douala,Abuja,  Lagos, PH etc and how do you own a place if the title to the property does not belong to you? . Jesus Christ.
Re: Tunde Idiagbon: Fulani Man Or Yoruba Man ? by NegroNtns(m): 10:52pm On Aug 30, 2009
tpia,

Lmao. . .Aloy winning the leadership would make you First Lady of Biafra.  You need to watch how you talk to your inlaws from now on.   grin
Re: Tunde Idiagbon: Fulani Man Or Yoruba Man ? by tpia5: 10:58pm On Aug 30, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

I am tired of running around in circles with a certified dunce. English people are natives of England just like Nigerians are natives of Nigeria. English is neither a tribe nor an ethnic group. Which tribes and ethnic groups make up the english just like the anglos, saxons etc. Romans settled in London first and I asked a question whether the Romans should be given all accolade in London only for you to retort with the same question I asked you. If Ilorin locals are fighting for city ownership supremacy based on who emigrated to Ilorin first, how is it any different from every other city in the world?. Who should we give the title to the city of NY?.

City ownership supremacy is one plague among Nigerians I do not understand. What does it mean and what does it solve assuming Fulanis raise their hands and ask Yorubas to take their ilorin. Yorubas by population outnumber fulanis in Ilorin yet there is a cold war about ownership.

Ownership of what?. Who owns Douala,Abuja,  Lagos, PH etc and how do you own a place if the title to the property does not belong to you? . Jesus Christ.

the only person you're fooling here is yourself.

If you want to derail the thread because you say you dont know what it means to "own" a city, then be my guest. Play on semantics till you wear yourself out.

FYI owning a city doesnt have to mean the city in question was bought with cash, ok? Otherwise we might as well say Europe owns 90% of Africa back from precolonial times. Many of them still have the titles, leases, and thumbprints which legally give them African land.

So who has the title of London, Lagos, Onitsha, Owerri, Benin, Oturkpo, Enugu and Port Harcourt? You want to give us the lowdown?

1 Like

Re: Tunde Idiagbon: Fulani Man Or Yoruba Man ? by NegroNtns(m): 11:00pm On Aug 30, 2009
How do you expect to achieve success after divorce when the mindset of a typical Nigerian is 'us against them'?. Assuming you have Republic of Oduduwa today, don't you know there will be replications according to tribes within the same ethnic group?. Ife will not agree for modakeke to rule over them; Ijebu will swear for Egba; Akoko will swear for whomever they have Eshan, same in Biafra and Arewa republic. The division continues and until we dissociate our mindset from that  ideology and accept freedom in its entirety, I am afraid we may be jumping from frying pan to fire.

Our forefathers had a formula for integrating diverse tongues under one common vision and cohesive loyalty.  Going separate ways would awaken us to our vulnerabilities and in the need to self preserve we would be forced to seek solutions in tried and effective ways of resolving political grievances.

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Idiagbon: Fulani Man Or Yoruba Man ? by otokx(m): 4:03am On Aug 31, 2009
I heard he was a dead man
Re: Tunde Idiagbon: Fulani Man Or Yoruba Man ? by AloyEmeka6: 5:11am On Aug 31, 2009
tpia@:

FYI owning a city doesnt have to mean the city in question was bought with cash, ok? Otherwise we might as well say Europe owns 90% of Africa back from precolonial times. Many of them still have the titles, leases, and thumbprints which legally give them African land.

I am sure the cavity in your head is filled with mutton instead of brain matter. How and when did Europeans BUY 90% of Africa?. I said, cities are never owned and whomever buys deeds to any property has a stake in the city even more than a non lien holder. City is not and can never be  a private property. Get it in your tribalist head. It's only in backward Africa that people talk about owning cities.

So who has the title of London, Lagos, Onitsha, Owerri, Benin, Oturkpo, Enugu and Port Harcourt? You want to give us the lowdown?
Was it not me who asked you this question before you started spraying saliva everywhere?. Why are you asking me the same question I asked you when I've made it clear from the onset that no individual, race or ethnic group owns a city. You are yet to tell me the tribe in England that owns the city of London and the tribe that owns the city of Manchester. Also extend it to the ownership of Paris.

Like you said before, the [b]tribe [/b]known as English owns London. You need to ask your social studies teacher for a money back guarantee next time. Lmao. grin grin
Re: Tunde Idiagbon: Fulani Man Or Yoruba Man ? by AloyEmeka6: 5:17am On Aug 31, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

Our forefathers had a formula for integrating diverse tongues under one common vision and cohesive loyalty.  Going separate ways would awaken us to our vulnerabilities and in the need to self preserve we would be forced to seek solutions in tried and effective ways of resolving political grievances.  
Keep dreaming for El Dorado. It's not gonna happen as long as Nigerians operate in their present mindset. I don't care if the country is replicated in gazillion nations by family names.
Re: Tunde Idiagbon: Fulani Man Or Yoruba Man ? by NegroNtns(m): 5:33am On Aug 31, 2009
Keep dreaming for El Dorado. It's not gonna happen as long as Nigerians operate in their present mindset. I don't care if the country is replicated in gazillion nations by family names.

So then you admit its not gonna be resolved ether way, whether we stay together or separate. Staying together results in INTER tribal aggressions. Go separet ways results in INTRA tribal aggressions. I think I'd take the second option. I stand a better chance resolving problems with people with whom I share 50% philosophical aspirations than I do with people with whom my aspirations are 10% or worse.
Re: Tunde Idiagbon: Fulani Man Or Yoruba Man ? by tpia5: 6:39am On Aug 31, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

I am sure the cavity in your head is filled with mutton instead of brain matter. How and when did Europeans BUY 90% of Africa?. I said, cities are never owned and whomever buys deeds to any property has a stake in the city even more than a non lien holder. City is not and can never be  a private property. Get it in your tribalist head. It's only in backward Africa that people talk about owning cities.
Was it not me who asked you this question before you started spraying saliva everywhere?. Why are you asking me the same question I asked you when I've made it clear from the onset that no individual, race or ethnic group owns a city. You are yet to tell me the tribe in England that owns the city of London and the tribe that owns the city of Manchester. Also extend it to the ownership of Paris.

Like you said before, the tribe [/b]known as  English owns London. You need to ask your social studies teacher for a money back guarantee next time. Lmao. grin grin

Try to make your point without resorting to insults, since you're not the only one who knows how to insult people. Be my guest if you want to go that route with me.

You may have your personal beef with the British who refused you a visa, but that's your problem, not my own. So start a new thread to debate if the English are a tribe or not. That one no concern me and neither does it have anything to do with this topic.

And just because countries have opened their borders to Nigerian legals and illegals alike, including drug couriers, is no reason for you to pretend your village is El Dorado while all others are "owned" by immigrants.

Do you consider yourself smart? You tend to give the opposite impression. ie [b]an idiot.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Idiagbon: Fulani Man Or Yoruba Man ? by Jarus(m): 11:03am On Aug 31, 2009
becoomrich:

majority of ilorin people are yorubas, they just bear muslim names. It is just the emir that trace his root to fulani.

Now who owns kano? Hausa or fulani. the answer is hausa. Who is the emir of kano, is he fulani or hausa. Answer he is fulani. who is the majority in kano? fulani or hausa? answer, hausa

Emir is a religion title, not a tradition one. It has root in Religion. you need to read about the hausa. only Murtala was hausa. Buhari is fulani. yar adua is fulani, shagari is fulani. The fulani are not up to 10 million people in nigeria. Hausa are the majority in the north. they claim, which is questionable now with satellite pictures. fulani may be the majority. not the hausas. if you could tell me the area which the fulani are, i would tell you the answer.

Hausa language is very different from fulani. Very very very very different. Hausa most of the time do not understand fulani language, which they call Fulfulde. They do not speak fulani , they speak Fulfulde. Look i tried learning Fulfulde before. it was difficult to learn. There are two different people.

Fulanis are normadic people. so they can be found every where only the ocean stop the fulani man. immigration officer does not affect the fulani man even while the population of fulani is so small in nigeria, they position themself in all area. Those people in power are mostly fulani people. They make sure not to allow others in power in the north. that why jang and yar adua have problem.

The hausa man normally calls the fulani man a bad name boro, boro. This is not something good to call a person. Fulani people dont like been called that, do not call them that, they can kill you for that. it really mean like bush man or uneducated. Since the hausa live in town and the fulani dont , they move around. but the fulani minority are the ones in power in the north over the majority hausa. But i am not sure who is really majority between the two. because yola is more fulani than hausa. the fulani own yola in adamawa state. Hausa majority may not be true, since satellite picture shows bauchi an empty place. so I am not sure if the hausa can really claim majority over the fulani any more.

Turai yar adua looks like 100% fulani woman, light skin. most fulani woman are. The fulani women are very beautiful. While I live in mayo belwa which was mostly fulani , the fulani women tend to please her husband, old fashion way. their life is centre around thier husband. fulani women are simple to deal with.

Sokoto is a fulani state, kebbi state is mostly fulani, kano state is mostly hausa, jigawa state is mostly hausa, bauchi , gombe, state is mostly hausa. while yola is fulani, not hausa. the upper part of katsina state is mostly fulani

The politics in the north is so deadly that is why murtala did not remain in power for too long. He may have been seen as a threat to the fulani domination.

One of the ways to know a fulani man is the nose and most fulani men are tall and skinny

Best and most sensible analysis I have seen from Becomrich on NL.
And the grammar was less fatal.
Good one, BCR.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Idiagbon: Fulani Man Or Yoruba Man ? by Bialegend(m): 11:20am On Aug 31, 2009
becoomrich:

majority of ilorin people are yorubas, they just bear muslim names. It is just the emir that trace his root to fulani.

Now who owns kano? Hausa or fulani. the answer is hausa. Who is the emir of kano, is he fulani or hausa. Answer he is fulani. who is the majority in kano? fulani or hausa? answer, hausa

Emir is a religion title, not a tradition one. It has root in Religion. you need to read about the hausa. only Murtala was hausa. Buhari is fulani. yar adua is fulani, shagari is fulani. The fulani are not up to 10 million people in nigeria. Hausa are the majority in the north. they claim, which is questionable now with satellite pictures. fulani may be the majority. not the hausas. if you could tell me the area which the fulani are, i would tell you the answer.

Hausa language is very different from fulani. Very very very very different. Hausa most of the time do not understand fulani language, which they call Fulfulde. They do not speak fulani , they speak Fulfulde. Look i tried learning Fulfulde before. it was difficult to learn. There are two different people.

Fulanis are normadic people. so they can be found every where only the ocean stop the fulani man. immigration officer does not affect the fulani man even while the population of fulani is so small in nigeria, they position themself in all area. Those people in power are mostly fulani people. They make sure not to allow others in power in the north. that why jang and yar adua have problem.

The hausa man normally calls the fulani man a bad name boro, boro. This is not something good to call a person. Fulani people dont like been called that, do not call them that, they can kill you for that. it really mean like bush man or uneducated. Since the hausa live in town and the fulani dont , they move around. but the fulani minority are the ones in power in the north over the majority hausa. But i am not sure who is really majority between the two. because yola is more fulani than hausa. the fulani own yola in adamawa state. Hausa majority may not be true, since satellite picture shows bauchi an empty place. so I am not sure if the hausa can really claim majority over the fulani any more.

Turai yar adua looks like 100% fulani woman, light skin. most fulani woman are. The fulani women are very beautiful. While I live in mayo belwa which was mostly fulani , the fulani women tend to please her husband, old fashion way. their life is centre around thier husband. fulani women are simple to deal with.

Sokoto is a fulani state, kebbi state is mostly fulani, kano state is mostly hausa, jigawa state is mostly hausa, bauchi , gombe, state is mostly hausa. while yola is fulani, not hausa. the upper part of katsina state is mostly fulani

The politics in the north is so deadly that is why murtala did not remain in power for too long. He may have been seen as a threat to the fulani domination.

One of the ways to know a fulani man is the nose and most fulani men are tall and skinny

Bia Becomerich, did you write this or did someone else stole your handle and wrote this for you? Very well articulated and devoid of bad spellings and grammar.
Re: Tunde Idiagbon: Fulani Man Or Yoruba Man ? by Abagworo(m): 11:41am On Aug 31, 2009
Issue of city ownership.in deep igboland,city ownership is never an issue.it is only land that is the issue.it sounds strange saying you own a city.there are only 2 cities that strangely have claims of ownership-aba & onitsha that happen to be the two most populated cities.i think the issue of city ownership might be an inferiority complex resulting from inability to compete with settlers.looking at the two cities as case study, non-indigenes own more than 80 percent of landed properties.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Idiagbon: Fulani Man Or Yoruba Man ? by AloyEmeka6: 11:07pm On Sep 03, 2009
Even Aba and Onitsha are not owned.
Re: Tunde Idiagbon: Fulani Man Or Yoruba Man ? by AndreUweh(m): 2:30pm On Oct 03, 2009
I do agree with Aloy-Emeka. It should not matter who owns a town o rcity but what matters is the stake owned in the city. With this case, it should not matter if Agbor is Igbo or Bini; Port Harcourt is Igbo or Okrika; Ilorin is Yoruba or Fulani etc. If we view this cities from this perspective, there should not be ethnic tensions in multi-ethnic cities in Nigeria.
Re: Tunde Idiagbon: Fulani Man Or Yoruba Man ? by AfroCynic: 4:14pm On Oct 03, 2009
The Fulani were invaders into Ilorin, Most of the Yoruba who claim to be Fulani do so for political expediency, To be of the same religion does not equal being from the same ethnic group. Trust me, as soon as trouble starts, everyone will know where his father's compound is,

1 Like

Re: Tunde Idiagbon: Fulani Man Or Yoruba Man ? by OAM4J: 4:25am On Oct 05, 2009
AfroCynic:

The Fulani were invaders into Ilorin, Most of the Yoruba who claim to be Fulani do so for political expediency, To be of the same religion does not equal being from the same ethnic group. Trust me, as soon as trouble starts, everyone will know where his father's compound is,

I agree with you 100%.

When wahala burst who no know go know. Wait until wahala burst, we go know who be landlord and who be tenant. Make wahala sele and make Tunde come tell Shehu say him be Fulani or make Emeka tell Tell Akpan say him be Calabar because them get land for those places, we go see if the original owner no go point your baba house for you. Trust me even 'no man's land' for Kano get owner.

If you ask me who owns a city, I will say wait until there is a riot or war, then check those who are leaving and those who are staying, then you will know who the landlords are and who the Tenants are. Somebody please help me interpret this Yoruba adage "Oko o ki nje ti baba ati omo ki o ma ni ala"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tunde Idiagbon: Fulani Man Or Yoruba Man ? by Nobody: 4:29am On Oct 05, 2009
it doesnt matter @ topic.

Fulani presence in Nigeria preceeded their Ilorin conquest. They'd still be in Nigeria even without it. Many other tribes arrived after them sef, in different parts of the country.

Some Yorubas claim Fulani, some Fulanis claim Yoruba.

na all of them sabi.

The real problem was the out of control slave trade during those times.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Idiagbon: Fulani Man Or Yoruba Man ? by udezue(m): 5:07am On Oct 05, 2009
OAM4J:

I agree with you 100%.

When wahala burst who no know go know. Wait until wahala burst, we go know who be landlord and who be tenant. Make wahala sele and make Tunde come tell Shehu say him be Fulani or make Emeka tell Tell Akpan say him be Calabar because them get land for those places, we go see if the original owner no go point your baba house for you. Trust me even 'no man's land' for Kano get owner.

If you ask me who owns a city, I will say wait until there is a riot or war, then check those who are leaving and those who are staying, then you will know who the landlords are and who the Tenants are. Somebody please help me interpret this Yoruba adage "Oko o ki nje ti baba ati omo ki o ma ni ala"

Real talk
Re: Tunde Idiagbon: Fulani Man Or Yoruba Man ? by AfroCynic: 11:44am On Oct 05, 2009
OAM4J:

I agree with you 100%.

If you ask me who owns a city, I will say wait until there is a riot or war, then check those who are leaving and those who are staying, then you will know who the landlords are and who the Tenants are. Somebody please help me interpret this Yoruba adage[b]"Oko o ki nje ti baba ati omo ki o ma ni ala"[/b]

I have it on good authority that this means; 'The farm that belongs to both the father and son will certainly be demarcated'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tunde Idiagbon: Fulani Man Or Yoruba Man ? by ikeyman00(m): 12:01pm On Oct 05, 2009
aloy

never know u are so brainless

now question

who owns Moscow, Beijing

believe me u are a slowpoke

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Idiagbon: Fulani Man Or Yoruba Man ? by DapoBear(m): 6:09am On Nov 09, 2010
Great article. Open your eyes well well, Kwara. Do not let yourselves be deceived.

Yoruba Muslims need to step to the plate and cause change.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Idiagbon: Fulani Man Or Yoruba Man ? by dreaMaker: 10:34am On Nov 09, 2010
who gives a Bleep if idiagbon was hebrew or greek?
Re: Tunde Idiagbon: Fulani Man Or Yoruba Man ? by oludashmi(f): 12:07pm On Nov 09, 2010
@becomerich, you are very right in your post above

OAM4J:

I agree with you 100%.

True.
To interprete the boldened . . .Even if a land is owned by a father and son, there is a boundary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tunde Idiagbon: Fulani Man Or Yoruba Man ? by Nobody: 6:32am On Aug 03, 2018
Nigeria shall be great. We are all Nigerians.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. / Boko Haram: Idps From Gwoza Write Buhari, Reveal Insurgents’ Hiding Place / Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria’s Debt May Jump By ₦6 Trillion To Hit ₦38 Trillion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.