Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,638 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed (11729 Views)

PDP Fixes October For National Convention / "211 Regiment Group" Air Force Base In Imo State Underway (Pics) / Lai Mohammed, Others At Where The Chiboks Girls Are Receiving Treatment (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:59pm On Jun 16, 2016
– Lai Mohammed, Nigeria’s information minister, met with the spokesman of the Senate and revealed how government plans to further unify the country

– The minister further denied any frosty relationship between the executive and legislative arms of the federal government

– Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi talked about promoting confidence building through genuine co-creation, co-action, co-operation, collaboration and co-ordination

The minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has disclosed that the government will soon hold a summit on national rebirth, values and ethics.

Lai Mohammed said the executive and legislative arms of the federal government are in a good relationship

He said during the event, the government would launch the national re-orientation campaign, tagged ‘Change Begins with Me’.

Mohammed, who recently said he committed a sin against Nigerians by talking too much during the All Progress Congress (APC) campaigns before the 2015 general elections, described as a lie reports of an ongoing feud between the legislative and the executive arms of government.

He said instead, the two arms are working harmoniously to improve the social and economic well-being of the citizenry.

Mohammed made the remarks in Abuja when he received the Senate committee on media and public affairs, led by its chairman, Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi, on a courtesy visit.

“If the spokesman of the Senate wants to meet the spokesman of government, that says a lot about the trust, understanding and also the confidence between the two arms of government. 

“This visit will also show the world that the so-called feud between the executive arm of government and the legislative arm is only the figment of their own imagination,” he said. ‎

Alhaji Mohammed restated the commitment of the present administration to ensuring good governance, providing adequate security and revamping the economy in order to deliver the change that Nigerians are yearning for.

“It proves once again that this government, each arm of the government, is working in tandem. They recognise security, the economy and good governance as the sole pillars of any government,” he said.

The minister said upon assumption of office, he adopted creative and pragmatic approach to bridge the communication gap between the government and the people in order to deepen democracy and inspire trust and confidence among the people.

“We realise the importance of information to the deepening and sustenance of democracy and to that extent, we have evolved means to ensure that there is no communication gap between the government and those that are governed.

“We put people right in the centre of our communication strategy. We know that the moment that gap exist then you create opportunity for mischief makers, misconception, half truths and downright falsehood,” he said.

Mohammed identified town hall meetings as a deliberate strategy adopted by the government to communicate with the people directly to inform them about the policies and programmes of the government and at the same time get feedback on their perception of government.

In his remarks, Abdullahi said though the challenges confronting the nation are surmountable, there is the need for greater value re-orientation.‎

He sought the collaboration of the minister in the efforts to promote actions that will bring about positive change in Nigeria.

“As managers of the information and communication space of two critical arms of this democratic government, permit me to note that we need, more than ever before, to proactively work to promote and canvass for the urgent need to ensure genuine and sincere actions anchored on rule of law, due diligence and due process.

“In doing this, we must promote confidence building through genuine co-creation, co-action, co-operation, collaboration and co-ordination,” he said.

https://www.naij.com/862453-buhari-plans-returns-london.html

1 Like

Re: Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed by adedayourt(m): 1:00pm On Jun 16, 2016
y

1 Like

Re: Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed by dikeigbo2(m): 1:04pm On Jun 16, 2016
Oga rebirther,rebirth yourself first.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed by MadamExcellency: 1:21pm On Jun 16, 2016
A rebirth, after we have been officially labeled fantastically and heartlessly corrupt without Mr President putting up a defense for 85% hard-working and innocent Nigerians making a living through ingenuity and creative talents.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed by funstufz: 1:22pm On Jun 16, 2016
Lets us all wait for the immediate denial of this statements....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed by Beremx(f): 1:27pm On Jun 16, 2016
Not until the price of a bag of rice is reversed to 8,000naira, i am not part of the useless rebirth m

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:36pm On Jun 16, 2016
Beremx:
Not until the price of a bag of rice is reversed to 8,000naira, i am not part of the useless rebirth m
Under this administration, what u just said be like promise wey man dey promise woman on top bed.

E.g: If I Go Onitsha, I'll Buy You Bridge..

[size=15pt]IMPOSSIBURU[/size]

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed by Emmanuel950(m): 2:11pm On Jun 16, 2016
Osikwaaaa

1 Like

Re: Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed by timilehing(m): 2:11pm On Jun 16, 2016
Re: Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 16, 2016
everything about this present administration reminds me of the military era manipulations.....

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed by winniz: 2:12pm On Jun 16, 2016
Why send anti spam bot on me in celebrity section why I never insulted anyone undecided why delete my post as well?
They will soon anti spam bot me here again cheesy

Look at staged rubbish you lots put up cos of desperation. No one believes your crap story
Ndiofe are Pained by the fame and Popularity Genevieve Nnaji has.
The hatred is real Ndigbo Uche unu di ya.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed by zangiff(m): 2:12pm On Jun 16, 2016
Egbon Liar Mohammed........................abeg

6 Likes

Re: Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 16, 2016
Submerging the country in mist of too many propaganda procreates nothing.

7 Likes

Re: Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed by lilprinze: 2:13pm On Jun 16, 2016
buhari and APC are the true definition of cluelessness.

20 Likes

Re: Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed by blacktwist(m): 2:14pm On Jun 16, 2016
ok
Re: Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed by zulfas: 2:14pm On Jun 16, 2016
Beremx:
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed by Xionez(m): 2:14pm On Jun 16, 2016
Lai Lai

3 Likes

Re: Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed by zulfas: 2:15pm On Jun 16, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Under this administration, what u just be like promise wey man dey promise woman on top bed.

E.g: If I Go Onitsha, I'll Buy You Bridge..

[size=15pt]IMPOSSIBURU[/size]
I CONCUR

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed by Splinz(m): 2:15pm On Jun 16, 2016
National born again? What's that his name again, the person wey talk this thing?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed by angeltolly(f): 2:16pm On Jun 16, 2016
You sef need rebirth. sad Lai Mohammed and Lies grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed by knuckbuck(m): 2:16pm On Jun 16, 2016
Dem still dey give Lai Microphone?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed by XieXie: 2:16pm On Jun 16, 2016
Another rebranding.

This govt is pathetic at creativity.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed by Babycherry(f): 2:16pm On Jun 16, 2016
After National abortion comes National kini??
Lie Muhammad Buhari......

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed by IVORY2009(m): 2:16pm On Jun 16, 2016
He don come again ooo shocked lie lie man!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed by BizBloke(m): 2:17pm On Jun 16, 2016
I find it hard trusting this guy. Nothing personal but he's been on a trail of lies ab initio.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed by truthspeaks: 2:17pm On Jun 16, 2016
Another Big LIE frm d stables of Lie Mohammed Productions. They keep holdin summits, they v bn talkin, always snapping n posting pics but no action n more confusion. Wat a use.less govt dat is acting as if it's still campaign mode.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed by CACAWA(m): 2:17pm On Jun 16, 2016
Splinz:
National born again? What's that his name again, the person wey talk this thing?

lai.

Do you have selective amnesia?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed by caracas: 2:18pm On Jun 16, 2016
I wish this was coming from some one other than ,the lying minister .
Wud have given it a thought .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed by busky101(m): 2:18pm On Jun 16, 2016
His english name should be linus......rebirth ko, eminem nii

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed by badonkadonk: 2:18pm On Jun 16, 2016
Lie Mohammed at it again...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed by Paperwhite(m): 2:18pm On Jun 16, 2016
Absolute NO! Not in this most fraudulent or propagandist government ever witnessed in modern world with a lies-infected humanity like Lai lying Muhammed as it mouthpiece. Tufikwa! sad

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plans Underway For National Rebirth- Lai Mohammed by nerodenero: 2:19pm On Jun 16, 2016
Lai lied and lie knows that Lai lies too much grin.
Mohammed, who recently said he committed a sin against Nigerians by talking too much during the All Progress Congress (APC) campaigns before the 2015 general elections
Talkative and liars are conjoined twins, inseparable!!!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Delta Earmarks N18bn For Warri, Uvwie Storm Drainages / Akpabio to Falana: Be guided, Senate suspended Ningi not me / 15 Farmers Killed In Fresh Fulani, Agatu Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.