Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem (61210 Views)

Do You Still Remember Your Secondary School Anthem / 15 Things Every Nigerian Will Remember About Reproductn Class In Secndry Sch. / Share Your School Anthem And Logo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by olaglamour(f): 8:52am On Jun 17, 2016
K024:
Ibadan Grammar School, Ibadan
Arise! All sons of the Mountaineers Sing praises to the Lord And shout for joy with one accord of boys from far and near Remember now that glorious day at Oke Are's gate Whence we came forth and shout our praise Deo et patriae

Government College Ibadan School of our pride built on the rock By order, justice and fair play ruled May what we dare to learn from thee in youth Be our guide light throughout our lives School of our pride, we build on thee
Service to others, not to self Consideration for our nation first By our examples and not by precept Show honest labor's dignity School of our pride, we build on thee
Generations shall come and go But our pride you will for aye retain Maybe not in the confines of your walls But in Alumni world renown School of our pride, we build on thee
Ibadan Grammar School
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Smellymouth: 8:53am On Jun 17, 2016
ellacute45:
lol was 15 too when I finished secondary school

Lol.. Oya sing your school national anthem na grin
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Delerichard(m): 8:53am On Jun 17, 2016
3 starzar. ... Annco arise and rejoice For God is on ur side Annco arise and rejoice for God is ur side your parent has promised to fend for u asoba has promised to fend for u we shall keep the flag flying. I rep Annunciation sch ikere ekiti.99 set l
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 17, 2016
ellacute45:
lol was 15 too when I finished secondary school
Likewise me
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Actor101: 8:54am On Jun 17, 2016
EKO BOYS HIGH SCHOOL LOCATED IN LAGOS STATE MUSHIN.......Here is our school anthem 2002 set.....Who Founded Eko Boys' High School,
It Was Reverend Euba
Principal of Which Boy's High School
Was He for Many Years
Methodist (Wesleyan) Boys' High School
For Ten and Seven Years
To Principal Roberts' Faithful Friend
Elijahs' Whole Mantle Fell

Chorus:
Reverend Euba Founded Eko High School
What A Proud Heritage He Has Left UsOh! Reverend Euba
{Slogan}UP schools?? UP Ekoooo
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by benbella(m): 8:55am On Jun 17, 2016
primusmaximus:
King's College School Song

1)."Floreat Collegium" shall our motto be,
Let us shout it boldly, for her sons are we,
Nurtured in her classrooms in our early youth
Where we learn to cherish chilvary and truth
Learn to pull together each one with the rest
Playing up and striving each to do his best

CHORUS:
This shall be our watchword, "Always play the game"
Sound the old school's praises, trumpet forth her fame
Though of many nations we will not forget
That we all are brothers with a common debt
Let us pay by giving, as we forge ahead,
Service to the living, honour to our dead.

2).This is what they teach in the good old school
"Only by obedience may you learn to rule".
If you fail look closely, seek the reason why
You are power to conquer if you only try
Other went before you and attained the light
Where they wait to cheer you, victors in the fight.

CHORUS:
This shall be our watchword ...

3). Present, Past and Future from one mighty whole
Shining forth emblazoned on a muster roll.
When the call is sounded all must answer "HERE"!
Voice and bearing showing neither shame nor fear
Pointing to our honour, which untarnished stands
Bright as when we took it from our founder's hands.

CHORUS:
This shall be our watchword ...

FLOREAT!!!!!
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by yetseyi(f): 8:55am On Jun 17, 2016
Command day Secondary school Ojo

1 Like

Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Armstrong34(m): 8:56am On Jun 17, 2016
From High Achievers College ......Olodi A papa Lagos on d hills of hope our school stands where knowledge n faith grows where d fruit of knowledge beacons as upon we made our way stranin,striving never to desist our spirit may no knw dismay as higher goals acheived×2
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Armstrong34(m): 8:56am On Jun 17, 2016
From High Achievers College ......Olodi Apapa Lagos on d hills of hope our school stands where knowledge n faith grows where d fruit of knowledge beacons as upon we made our way stranin,striving never to desist our spirit may no knw dismay as higher goals acheived×2
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by virginboy1(m): 8:57am On Jun 17, 2016
lanrema:
Wc set SHSA?
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 17, 2016
Greater Tomorrow Secondary School Anthem
That's the part I ever knew sad
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by ebig21(m): 8:58am On Jun 17, 2016
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 17, 2016
RaggedyAnn:
Hail Abuloma Source of our hope Fountain of truth and conscience Mother of science; Home of the Arts We owe you love and reverence Center of love and unity Where knowledge flows in abundance Pride of our state and nation Where wisdom flows without hindrance Where learners learn and teachers teach Federal Government Girls' College Abuloma
Hail Alma Mater Here may we learn Service to man and nation So through this college Millions may taste Freedom pro unitate Center of love and unity Where knowledge flows in abundance Pride of our state and nation Where wisdom flows without hindrance Where learners learn and teachers teach Federal government girls college Abuloma
I didn't knw there was a second stanza. left there 2010

1 Like

Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by MaziOmenuko: 9:00am On Jun 17, 2016
Taich:
I know one school in Abia state capital that the first line of the first stanza of the school anthem goes thus.
"We lift our voice to thee oh lord"
Let me not be greedy someone should help with next line.

TO thee we sing with one accord
To grant us through,
thy son adore...
Thy will to shine...As one.

I'm in tears right now
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Mouth123(m): 9:01am On Jun 17, 2016
Representing my Secondary school
C.M.S Grammar School. Bariga. Lagos
Uncontroversially the First and Best in Africa.
First Stanza
------------+-----
Lives are in the making here

Hearts are in the waking here

Mighty undertaking here,

UP! AND ON!

We are arming for the fight

Pressing on with all our might

Pluming wings for higher flight,

UP! AND ON!

Chorus:
Up boys! Truest fame

Lies in high endeavour

Play the game! (Soccer)

Keep the flame, (Fire)

Burning brightly ever (eeeeeeerrrrrrr)
UP SCHOOL..... UP BOYS
Nisi Dominus Frustra

1 Like

Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by primusmaximus: 9:05am On Jun 17, 2016
Surfboard:

FLOREAT!!!!!!!!!!

FLOREAT!!!
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by oslae(f): 9:05am On Jun 17, 2016
MrJonny:
Adventist Secondary Technical college Owerrinta
Great citadel of learning
happy place of work
By strength divine established
And by grace divine sustained...

A place where the staff and students are totally committed

Excellence is our delight
Honesty and Industry our watchword
A paradigm of Academic excellence
Great art though in Science, Arts and Vocational

we will continue to keep the flag flying

ASTEC! ASTEC!!
Indeed we are groomed to be the pride of the Land

Glory be to God.

//////Now tell me why Adventist Secondary Technical college students will be bad in English Language after all those 'vocabs' in a simple school anthem heheh!

Hehe...I knew I was gonna find Astec anthem here. Great Alma mater indeed!

4 Likes

Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by primusmaximus: 9:05am On Jun 17, 2016
benbella:

FLOREAT!!!!!

FLOREAT!!!
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by agugi01(m): 9:06am On Jun 17, 2016
Ilesa grammar school ilesa

2 Likes

Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Nobody: 9:06am On Jun 17, 2016
[quote author=virginboy1 post=46646496]Nostalgic thread grin

Primary school Anthem, Lagos Egbeda,Gowon Estate

We are the children of Child's Fountain ×3

We are the children of Child's Fountain ×3

Ohhh Child's fountain!!!!!

We pray to God to help our Teachers ×3

We pray to God to help our Teachers ×3

We pray to God to help our Parents ×3

We pray to God to help our Parents×3

We pray to God to help our Friends ×3

We pray to God to help our Friends×3

Reverse........ on and on

Secondary school State High School,Alimosho.

Anthem

State High School of Alimosho!!! ,you are a good foundation with good teachers, hard working principal we are proud of you, we will never,will never forget you.

God bless you our parents bla bla bla......I have forgotten ooo!!!
Bro make i no lie na the first line i remember, na golden gate be our own assembly that time between which set are u?
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by oracle009(m): 9:06am On Jun 17, 2016
AFRICAN CHURCH GRAMMAR SCHL, ABEOKUTA

Afrograms Afrograms
Famous for high standard
We pray thee eternal God
Guide her through her life

Afrograms x2ce

We pray thee eternal God
Guide her through her life
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Hamintab: 9:08am On Jun 17, 2016
Command Day Secondary School, Ojo Lagos.

Oh hail, oh hail, oh hail command day sec school ojo cantonment.

The school that saw the light of day on Sept 1981.

Oh hail, oh hail, oh hail command day sec school ojo cantonment.

The good works of our predecessors shall ever be sustained.
The. Labour of our hardworking teachers, shall not be in vain.
We are marching on to the... Of knowledge and wisdom.
Knowledge is power, and high Standard of decipline, to make us good children of Nigeria.

Forward ever, we shall ever ever ever March forward.
Backward never, we shall never neve never March Backward.

Oh hail, oh hail, oh hail command day sec school ojo can----ton--ment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Nobody: 9:08am On Jun 17, 2016
HOPE WADDELL TRAINING INSTITUTION, CALABAR

Who would true valour see,
Let him come hither;
One here will constant be,
Come wind, come weather;
There’s no discouragement
Shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent
To be a pilgrim.

2. Whoso beset him round
With dismal stories
Do but themselves confound;
His strength the more is,
No lion can him fright;
He’ll with a giant fight;
But he will have a right
To be a pilgrim.

3. Hobgoblin nor foul fiend
Can daunt his spirit;
He knows he at the end
Shall life inherit,
Then fancies fly away,
He’ll fear not what men say;
He’ll labour night and day
To be a pilgrim
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by dayosheedah(f): 9:08am On Jun 17, 2016
I rep Lagos State Civil Service Model College, Igbogbo

Junior Anthem
Lagos State Civil Service junior model college igbogbo
Arise and shine now when it is early
for later may be dark
i wake from slumber
i wake from sleep
get up to good works
the future is nearer to judge your effort
better arise right now.

junior school!
apex is our taget!
God is our confidence!

Senior school
we are born to lead
born to win and born to reign
model college igbogbo
we shall uphold good manners without flaws
obedient and authority
dignity labour is our watchword
absolute dependent on God
and to remain model
and anchors of absolute excellence.

Almighty God give us power and wisdom
to attain excellence
and pave the way for our success
help us maintain the gloria image
all the college and the nation already built
by our great founders
and to remain model and anchors of absolute excellence.[b][/b]
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by tunbosun9: 9:08am On Jun 17, 2016
raayah:
Hail thy Navy Secondary school
Founded in January 1982
In the promises of navy town
With naval officers for our management
Oh God, bless our school.
What set? M very sure it's OJO.. I finish 2012
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by rossyc(f): 9:09am On Jun 17, 2016
FGGC IOI.......Stanza 1.... Hail great Alma mater.. Fggc ikot Obio Itong, North, South, East, West come for shelter to play and learn and love. May the good Lord help and guide us In our bid to build our nation, our longing is to love thee and serve thee selflessly....
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by YorceelinaBlaq(f): 9:09am On Jun 17, 2016
johnstar:
i guess dis is d new sch anthem. They changed it sha

Yh. Twas changed when I was in js3 or so. What a citadel!...citadel of knowledge, citadel of power bla bla bla
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 17, 2016
Smellymouth:

Lol.. Oya sing your school national anthem na grin
cry Don forget will post it later
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 17, 2016
Pejah:

Likewise me
how old are you now angry
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Johnny19: 9:10am On Jun 17, 2016
I rep NOWA secondary school OJO Lagos. Our Anthem goes thus:

Excellency let it be our song

Excellency sing it loud and strong

From all parts of our country

We're gathered in one school

We're learning in NOWA

lalalalalala

Excellency is our all in all

NB: lalalalalala was the part i couldn't remember... lemme be frank i never cared to know it
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by salawustyles(m): 9:11am On Jun 17, 2016
oprah007:
Hi guys, lets us see how much u remember about Ur Secondary school. Share ur Secondary school name and Anthem. Who knows, you might meet your old classmates, juniors or seniors here on Nairaland.
Mine is Sped International Secondary School Akinmoorin, Oyo.

The Anthem (As of 2003)
Sped International Secondary school Oyo
We adore U for Peace and Love
Home of builders and Moulders
Erudition and Learning
Born and Nurtured by Nature
Cited in a serene and calm atmosphere
Of Peace and Love and Wisdom
Our Aspiration and aim is Education per excellence.

Passed out 2003 (As a Boarder)

Share yours
repping sped ooooo boss skul although never attended alway wanted
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Thevenine(m): 9:11am On Jun 17, 2016
Sunnyvale:
Baptist Academy, obanikoro, Lagos. the best of the best with our white , white.
we are Baptist Academy Boys
and we are proud of our dear Alma Mata
in the sweet fellowship we enjoy
where the spirit of Christ is taught
where our captain God lead us along
to be truth to the Alma Mata always
up School!!!!!
up Bapt Acad!!!!!

Up school!!

What set? I'm from '09

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply)

See The Big Snake Killed At Dramatic Art Department, OAU (pics) / UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief / Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.