Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,449 members, 7,812,376 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem (61146 Views)

Do You Still Remember Your Secondary School Anthem / 15 Things Every Nigerian Will Remember About Reproductn Class In Secndry Sch. / Share Your School Anthem And Logo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Ninilowo(m): 8:15am On Jun 17, 2016
OgidiOlu3:
IGANMODE GRAMMAR SCHOOL, OTA.

We can always win provided we are set,
We can always win provided we are ready,
We can always win depending on determination,
O o o Iganmode grams,
O o o Iganmode grams,
O o o Iganmode grams,
We are hardworking, we are determined,
With our belief in God, we shall always succeed,
Knowledge and virtue, our motto.
IGS, i hail ooo
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Dospix(m): 8:16am On Jun 17, 2016
Christ the king seminary
A home of priestly foundation
We thank God who calls us to him
We pray that we become holy priest
Who wIll win souls in abundance for God!
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by seankay(m): 8:17am On Jun 17, 2016
nairakobo:
Wow got here late, buh I can still do something....

FUTA staff secondary school, our great alma mater, remain a beacon, a center for excellence and a pride to world, we b'liv in self reliance, and we work to achieve it, that a total child be developed....

Anyone wiv d 2nd stanza plssss?

A product of '98/99 class
Bros I drop my Cap o. My set was 2002 to 2008

Futa Staff Secondary School
Arise and shine to the glory of God
A place where teacher's mould
Sincerely our lives
Educationally and Morally
Physically,Spiritually
To produce leaders of Tomorrow

3 Likes

Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Nuella222(f): 8:17am On Jun 17, 2016
paveinc:
are u from awka etiti?
Yes, Awka-Etiti my small London cool
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 17, 2016
Mine is FGGC Gboko. Fggc gboko we hail thee, the seat of academic excellence, we make the name, Gboko rings the bell nationwide and far beyond.
be it in academic Be it in sports be it in culture be it in discipline FGGC Gboko is the name.
Nigeria in microcosm unity in diversity fountain of knowledge abyss of wisdom
our alma mater we love you your name we project afar proud to be your product we call on all. to thank God for his blessings

2 Likes

Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by kingarizona1(m): 8:17am On Jun 17, 2016
Ada9103:
Lolsssss.........upload your recent pix lets compare and contrast

If I do you'll end up calling me grand_pa.. The one I've got there was taken in my mid 20's. Lemme see yours first
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by scholes23(m): 8:18am On Jun 17, 2016
For those who attended LAGOS STATE MODEL COLLEGE BADORE

Hail badore we all students bless thy famous name. Glory in your strength and wisdom and your words proclaim. Arise and ever onward guide in honours name. Prayer of success is triumphant if you play thy game. A band of happy people often though we gather here. In the school we meet and are pleasant and the teachers stand out there. With the plans we had before, which we do often say. We will ever keep this motro act through knowledge badorians, act through knowledge badorians, act through knowledge badorians. We will ever keep this motto , act through knowledge badorians

3 Likes

Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Ayoolanairaland: 8:18am On Jun 17, 2016
ABEOKUTA GRAMMAR SCHOOL. The 1st School in Ogun State and the 7th in Nigeria. Established 1908)

SCHOOL SONG

1. LORI OKE
Lori Oke ati petele
Nibe la gbe bi mi o
Nibe la gbe to mi dagba o
Ile Ominira
Emi o f' Abeokuta sogo
Ng'o duro lori Olumo
Ma yo I' oruko Egba o
Emi omo Lisabi Egbe:

Ma yo, Ma yo, Ma yoo) L'ori Olumo ) 2ce

Abeokuta ilu Egba
Ng o ni gbagbe re
Ng o ge o leke okan mi
Bi ilu odo oya,
Emi o ma yo lori Olumo
Emi o s' ogo yi I' okan mi
Wipe ilu olokiki o o
L'awa Egba ngbe
Egbe: Ma yo, abbl.

2. OGO NI FUN BABA
Ogo ni fun Baba ati fun Omo
Ati fun un Emi Mimo
Bo ti ri la tele ko se
O nbe ni seyin,

Ogo ni fun Olugbala
Titi aye ainipekun
A o ma yin Oluwa wa

Ka finyin fun Oluwa a
Ju be lo.

3 Likes

Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Surfboard(m): 8:20am On Jun 17, 2016
primusmaximus:
King's College School Song

1)."Floreat Collegium" shall our motto be,
Let us shout it boldly, for her sons are we,
Nurtured in her classrooms in our early youth
Where we learn to cherish chilvary and truth
Learn to pull together each one with the rest
Playing up and striving each to do his best

CHORUS:
This shall be our watchword, "Always play the game"
Sound the old school's praises, trumpet forth her fame
Though of many nations we will not forget
That we all are brothers with a common debt
Let us pay by giving, as we forge ahead,
Service to the living, honour to our dead.

2).This is what they teach in the good old school
"Only by obedience may you learn to rule".
If you fail look closely, seek the reason why
You are power to conquer if you only try
Other went before you and attained the light
Where they wait to cheer you, victors in the fight.

CHORUS:
This shall be our watchword ...

3). Present, Past and Future from one mighty whole
Shining forth emblazoned on a muster roll.
When the call is sounded all must answer "HERE"!
Voice and bearing showing neither shame nor fear
Pointing to our honour, which untarnished stands
Bright as when we took it from our founder's hands.

CHORUS:
This shall be our watchword ...

FLOREAT!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by rawtouch: 8:21am On Jun 17, 2016
tspaqs:
We hail thee,Alma mater
Airforce Secondary school Ikeja
Where meet characters,inspired
With such a longing as we make our thought alive
Emulation worthy, the steps of our teachers
Versed in all field of human endeavours
Faith have we in our motto. ......

So it's faith have we in our motto, always used to hear fake aji-no-motto.... undecided
think it's anoda version I know.....
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by zayyadoski(m): 8:21am On Jun 17, 2016
command secondary school kaduna...

Students or command secondary school kaduna
Arise and rejoice for the privilege to have discipline and knowledge that our great school bought to us, we re proud and happy that we are best among equals founded in 1977 as we going strong we shall remember you, great css kaduna......

1 Like

Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 17, 2016
Great Fedgocol I thee revere, my ever dearest Alma mater, prepare me with, the tenderest care, a seedling nursed, a blossom fair, instill in me, a wisdom true, to tread on Earth, with love in view, uphold the cause of brotherhood, in honour bound, be true and good.

On the glorious day, am yet to see, when thee I leave for life's great sea, great Fedgocol, with pride and joy, I vow to reflect and thee adore grin

i no fit forget am lailai, Laye. Its not possible. I miss my friends from back then so much. Kai, childhood memories.
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Howmon: 8:23am On Jun 17, 2016
Can't remember the Beginning again tho, been a long time coming,

Fakunle Comprehensive High School, Osogbo that year when men were boys

•••thanks to faithful God almighty, for giving Pa. Ade Fakunle place of foresight, who sight our school on a honey land
May the grace of our love, shall never end
Onward forever fakunle, keep on flying, i'm an ambassador that will never lower the flag, but to keep it flying, let's keep it flying, we shall keep it flying.•••

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Ada9103(f): 8:24am On Jun 17, 2016
My dp......as at yesterday..... Your own grand pa
kingarizona1:

If I do you'll end up calling me grand_pa.. The one I've got there was taken in my mid 20's. Lemme see yours first
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by tobidipity(m): 8:24am On Jun 17, 2016
Igbobi College Yaba

Teach me the best
That all the world may know
What is it
To have come from thee
Teach me that I
Into the world may go
Struggling ever for the best Igbobi

Chorus
Give me thee torch
Which shall shine
And fall on all
Afar and near
Its radiance divine
Let hill and valley
It radiance bear
Wherever there is an IGBOBIAN
There is also is a noble Nigerian

UP I CY
CY CY CY

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by yoaking: 8:25am On Jun 17, 2016
Adrao is the name of my school there is.... em em lemme ask d proprietress...aww she is late.....
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Enyimbamercedes: 8:28am On Jun 17, 2016
From North and South
From East and West
Of our blessed nation Nigeria
We gather to learn, at Kwali Abuja
We labour to be the pride of the nation
We the great students of FGC Kwali Abuja
Pro Unitate du Nigeria
We promise to do our best
To be the best among best, to keep FGC as the light of Progress
Up Up Federal Government College Kwali

Apologies if i missed any line...i recited it last in 1995 grin
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Bootybuttchic(f): 8:29am On Jun 17, 2016
command secondary school ibadan...cssi

Founded on the hill in ibadan
On sept 29,1977,is command secondary school,
For the purpose of training the youth,
To be useful to self and others,
To achieve this goal we must work,
For this is the time.
Work dont be lazy my freind work,play when its time to play,to be useful to self and others ,for this is the time.WORK!

i miss high school

1 Like

Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Heyliesha(m): 8:30am On Jun 17, 2016
Methodist High School. Okitipupa, Ondo state
MHS okitipupa born as aal quadruplets to Methodist church Nigeria...and ho....by government.... *forgotten it ...

MHS.....UP Up.
set 2009
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by gazmann(m): 8:31am On Jun 17, 2016
Marist ! Brothers ! Juniorate a ! Our alma mater we hail. We are proud to be ,as called to be , to be nurtured in such a school.! Which stands for truth and right ! And teaches us honour and good !

Marist brothers juniorate uturu abia state. Ad Jesum per mariam
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by DrIkB: 8:31am On Jun 17, 2016
GOVERNMENT COLLEGE UGHELLI,GCU (keep the ship sailing)! First stanza.(Its in Latin) Gadia mo` sigitor` juveh` norse deh Su` mus *2 postu condor`juveh tutëh post sè léh sä, sé léh tutëh! nošah béh du su whûuuuu müs! *2 I can't translate for now, fellow Mariners pls modify.

1 Like

Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Mikehell(m): 8:31am On Jun 17, 2016
ifeoluwasegun:
CHRIST APOSTOLIC GRAMMAR SCHOOL, IPERU REMO, OGUN STATE.

God bless Apollograms!
And make her prosper on,
From year to year,
God bless the school of ours
With purity, and love though tender
Yet so dear, from year to year.

That is so embedded in my brains like permanent glue,
I really don't think I can forget.

Proud Apolloite!

I don sight my person..... Oyelola grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Bootybuttchic(f): 8:31am On Jun 17, 2016
zayyadoski:
command secondary school kaduna...

Students or command secondary school kaduna
Arise and rejoice for the privilege to have discipline and knowledge that our great school bought to us, we re proud and happy that we are best among equals founded in 1977 as we going strong we shall remember you, great css kaduna......
our commands were founded the same year....nice

1 Like

Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Tallfam(m): 8:31am On Jun 17, 2016
Okay.
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by kingarizona1(m): 8:31am On Jun 17, 2016
Ada9103:
My dp......as at yesterday..... Your own grand pa

Oya .... I'm not a grandpa smiley
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by TDonald: 8:32am On Jun 17, 2016
Horlawale1:
Oriwu Senior Model College, Ikorodu

We are the Oriwu students **2
Don't u know us
If u want to know us come and learn our motto
Per Aspe Adra astra
If u want to know us come and learn our motto wink cheesy wink

06/07 Set

Good old days

or you meant
We are the Oriwu students **2
Go to Lagos grin grin

1 Like

Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by OreoPaschal(m): 8:33am On Jun 17, 2016
brunofarad:
DMGS ONITSHA

DENGRAM we sing to you ...lux fiat
DENGRAM we bring to you...faith untold
You challenge and inspire
Your hope is our desire
We sing to you
Our alma mata .......LUX FIAT

Lux Fiat!Bro cheesy cheesy

GOD BLESS DENGRAM ONITSHA....the porter that molded me
Lux Fiat!Bro...#Howells house grin cheesy
Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by airsaylongcon: 8:33am On Jun 17, 2016
xender:
One of the best school in Delta state. DELTA STEEL COMPANY TECHNICAL HIGH SCHOOL [ D.S.C. T.H.S.]
thus goes the school anthem

Delta steel technical high school

a new breed of scholars spring up

with browns and brains and skills so high

we come from out of solid steel

to pave our path of excellence...

till youth will lead to stars so bright .

THANK YOU grin .

1 million likes!

#madeOfSteel #DeltaSteel #KeepTheFurnaceBurning.

I remember parts of the steel anthem

Nigeria's Search
For Strength and worth
Rests firmly upon our Bleep
The sinews of tomorrow's Bleep
Find reason only in our Bleep
Xxxxxxxxx
We strive hard to maintain our lead
None can deny
Our battle cry
Steel is our strength and steel our goal
Unbending, Undaunted, we forge a new beginning
Dedicated we are, honest in our purpose
Working for the nation at DELTA STEEL!

Oya all DSC crew come and correct this steel anthem

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by teewazup: 8:34am On Jun 17, 2016
Ogbomoso Grammar School, Ogbomoso(founded 1952).
---------------------------------------------------------------
We praise the LORD
That Ogbomoso Grammar School
Is standing here
Under beautiful Paku Hill
A test-imony
That all ever will bear
To the vision
Of our great founder
Who conceive her
And set her up on a hill
So that her light
May for all-ever shine
We praise the LORD
Where-ever our Alumni
May found themselves

Please other Paku alumni should help me to complete and correct this beautiful anthem.

2 Likes

Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 17, 2016
Primary school anthem(Holy Cross N/P School Onitsha)

Our school is Holy cross,.... Our uniform blue and white
Our motto head, heart, hand... Our banner Excellence
We shall never let it down....

Secondary school anthem (Holy Rosary College, Uwani Enugu)

We hail our Holy Rosary College,, citadel of learning for girls education. We are trained to push afar from fears and darkness. That's our way to serve mankind.
Alma mater, Alma mater. You are the fount of discipline, we vow to serve humanity. This is our pledge through Christ our saviour.

1 Like

Re: Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem by fpeter(f): 8:35am On Jun 17, 2016
Great FedGoCol
I thee revere
My Ever Dearest Alma Mata
Prepare me with the tenderest care
A seedling nursed, A blossom fair
Instill in me the wisdom true
To thread on earth with love in view
Uphold the cross of brotherhood
In honour bound be true and good
On the glorious day,.........I'm yet to see
when thee i leave for life's great seas...
Great FedGo FedGoCol with pride and Joy
I vow to revere and thee adore...

blablablabla....i don forget the rest and the pledge.

I REP FGC WARRI

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (24) (Reply)

Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security / “you Changed My Life”: Oyinbo Man Gives Nigerian Student N159 Million, New Car / Lecturer Caught Pants Down With Married Woman In Asaba Hotel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.