Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) (53226 Views)

Ogenyi Onazi & Raheem Lawal Step Out For Ahmed Musa's Traditional Wedding (Pics) / BBNaija: Ogenyi Onazi Talks About Efe & His Supporters / Ogenyi Onazi Survives Accident In Oyo State Ahead Of Saturday Wedding (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by izzou(m): 11:24pm On Jun 16, 2016
uselessgoat:
This economy is too harsh and here is someone rich enough to think about marriage for this time wey to chop sef na wahala. Suicide on my mind since last week but i can't even afford sniper. God is indeed partial embarassed

Stop cursing yourself abeg

And never say or joke that God is partial just because you need likes on nairaland

Nice moniker tho
Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by laikas: 11:24pm On Jun 16, 2016
uselessgoat:
This economy is too harsh and here is someone rich enough to think about marriage for this time wey to chop sef na wahala. Suicide on my mind since last week but i can't even afford sniper. God is indeed partial embarassed
my bro, seriously, i ask myslf that question" if God is partial?" i dnt understnd it anymore.
Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Etinosajay(m): 11:26pm On Jun 16, 2016
Karm16:

You're trying to make a point, but you missed. Ogunsuyi is an old Yoruba name, unlike Oluwatosin etc.

You can say I missed the point, when I know you're not able to recognise a point when one is being made.

Ogunrobo is another benin name.

What does it mean in yoruba?

That too, you do not know

4 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Karm16: 11:26pm On Jun 16, 2016
Yorubas trying to seek relevance where? lmaooo grin grin grin grin
Please I completely agree that Edos aren't Yorubas. Pleaseeeeeeeeee. However, I will not allow you to claim Yoruba culture,language and attires as yours.
You have our permission to join your biafran brothers when this country pafuka.
Dont get it twisted.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jun 16, 2016
aim5:

I don't know and I don't care to know what it means. I only agreed that Olasuyi is Yoruba. But names like Obasuyi are questionable.

You will never know because its borrowed name. Any Yoruba bearing such a surname is most likely an Eastern Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by shogz89: 11:27pm On Jun 16, 2016
aim5:

Adesuyi and Olasuyi are Yoruba, yes. But Obasuyi is used by Benins.
Bro obasuyi is also a Yoruba name. But that ogunsuyi cannot be a benin name, it can only come from some part of edo state majorly Akoko-Edo LGA but not benin so get my point.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Karm16: 11:27pm On Jun 16, 2016
Etinosajay:

You can say I missed the point, when I know you're not able to recognise a point when one is being made.

Ogunrobo is another benin name.

What does it mean in yoruba?

That too, you do not know

I knew my bingo will keep coming back.

You can come up with ogunrobo or ogunapku, but my own is, Ogunsuyi is an ancient Yoruba name like the ones below

Oguntade
Oguntala
Oguntayo
Oguntebi
Oguntifa
Oguntodu
Oguntoke
Oguntola
Oguntolu
Oguntomi
Oguntona
Oguntope
Oguntowo
Oguntoye
Oguntubi
Oguntuga
Oguntula
Oguntulu
Oguntusi
Oguntuyi
Oguntuyo
Ogunwale
Ogunware
Ogunwede
Ogunwola
Ogunwole

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by inaiduna(m): 11:27pm On Jun 16, 2016
Bros thank you! Seriously I am getting fed up, yesterday it was Oshiorenoya they were arguing, today it is Ogunsuyi, Yorubas should leave Edos alone! We are not the same.
mbatuku2:

Anytime you mention Yoruba-Edo link, the average Edo curses the hell out of you, yet you continue attaching yourself to them. You see why they call you shameless lot. Cant you Yorubas understand that oral history is always distorted through transmission? And its most likely the correction you think you have with them is incorrect? Them swear for una to claim Edo people?

4 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Etinosajay(m): 11:30pm On Jun 16, 2016
Karm16:

You can come up with ogunrobo or ogunapku, but my own is, Ogunsuyi is an ancient Yoruba name like the ones below

Your ignorance is a world record.

I salute it

3 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by baby124: 11:31pm On Jun 16, 2016
Karm16:

Oguntade
Oguntala
Oguntayo
Oguntebi
Oguntifa
Oguntodu
Oguntoke
Oguntola
Oguntolu
Oguntomi
Oguntona
Oguntope
Oguntowo
Oguntoye
Oguntubi
Oguntuga
Oguntula
Oguntulu
Oguntusi
Oguntuyi
Oguntuyo
Ogunwale
Ogunware
Ogunwede
Ogunwola
Ogunwole

Lol at Ogunrobo! Hahahha. Ogunrobo ko, Ogunroko ni.

3 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Karm16: 11:32pm On Jun 16, 2016
Etinosajay:

I salute it

Like I said, go and ask your father about your culture else learning from an outsider may appear as "ignorance" to you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by shogz89: 11:32pm On Jun 16, 2016
Etinosajay:

I salute it
crawl back to your room guy, you don't know anything. Nigga telling me to translate eti-osa to Yoruba like it was a French word

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Etinosajay(m): 11:33pm On Jun 16, 2016
Karm16:

Hey bingo, I know you're still going to come back to put more of your ignorance in display.

If you don't know your culture, go and ask your father. Ogunsuyi is a Yoruba name.

Fools like you don't bother me.

Fatai is an hausa name. Aregbesola is an igbo name. Babatunde is an urhobo name, and so on
Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Karm16: 11:34pm On Jun 16, 2016
baby124:

Lol at Ogunrobo! Hahahha. Ogunrobo ko, Ogunroko ni.

No mind that one. grin Next, him go come up with Ogunpepsi.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Karm16: 11:35pm On Jun 16, 2016
Etinosajay:

Fools like you don't bother me.

Fatai is an hausa name. Aregbesola is an igbo name. Babatunde is an urhobo name, and so on

I know that you're really hoping for someone to educate you about these names. Edos using Yoruba names, even Itsekiris join (from Tosin to Tosyn to Tosen). Una continue. Better go and learn your culture.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by stevedeey(m): 11:36pm On Jun 16, 2016
some people are simply foolish. "Ogun" is a deity in Yoruba land "iyi" simply means honour Ogunsuyi was/is coined from Ogun and iyi..... suyi is what they call "iparoje" which I loosely translate to English as sound omition ..The mode of dressing above also say a lot..... meanwhile who has marrying Yoruba lady help sef...... Na you sabi Wetin you dey argue over. Tribal bigots everywhere!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Etinosajay(m): 11:36pm On Jun 16, 2016
shogz89:
crawl back to your room guy, you don't know anything. Nigga telling me to translate eti-osa to Yoruba like it was a French word

Another collosum of ignorance.

You're another evidence that you all possess genetic stupidity.

Tell us what etiosa means in your yoruba language

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Karm16: 11:37pm On Jun 16, 2016
shogz89:

grin grin grin grin grin He even has one Ibo reptile dashing him likes. I pity the generation of today. Non-Yorubas just don't understand how far they've acclimated to Yoruba culture.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jun 16, 2016
Karm16:

Edo girl with Yoruba name. I get you.
D name is also a Benin name too
Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Etinosajay(m): 11:39pm On Jun 16, 2016
Karm16:

I know that you're really hoping for someone to educate you about these names. Edos using Yoruba names, even Itsekiris join (from Tosin to Tosyn to Tosen). Una continue. Better go and learn your culture.

What does ogunsuyi mean?

grin

You have typed more than 500 words since, and yet refused to tell us what it means in yoruba.

3 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Karm16: 11:40pm On Jun 16, 2016
Etinosajay:

What does ogunsuyi mean?

grin

You have typed more than 500 words since, and yet refused to tell us what it means in yoruba.

What does Ogun mean in Edo? The fact that someone has already translated it and you still can't understand shows how ignorant you are.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by russello: 11:41pm On Jun 16, 2016
Karm16:

Is Ogun a Yoruba or Edo god?
No one is talking about Osas, Ovia and the other rubbish you're using as evidence.
Type Ogunsuyi on Google and see how many Yoruba names pop up.

Ogun is likely one of those many gods imported to benin from yoruba land just like ifa, sango, ayelala etc.
what do you mean by rubbish? why can't you show some decorum? We are all here to learn and not to be disrespectful to others view.
Trust me when i tell the binis bears Ogunsuyi (with meaning likely different from that of yoruba).
And I'm not disputing the fact that yorubas also bears the name Ogunsuyi (with meaning likely different from that of the binis).

Guy, no b quarrel na

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jun 16, 2016
mbatuku2:

You will never know because its borrowed name. Any Yoruba bearing such a surname is most likely an Eastern Yoruba.

Interesting.
Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Etinosajay(m): 11:42pm On Jun 16, 2016
Karm16:

What does Ogun mean in Edo? The fact that someone has already translated it and you still can't understand shows how ignorant you are.

Why didn't you translate it since?

Because you don't know.

You were waiting for your classmate to come and do your assignment for you, like you always do.
Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by shogz89: 11:43pm On Jun 16, 2016
Etinosajay:

Another collosum of ignorance.

You're another evidence that you all possess genetic stupidity.

Tell us what etiosa means in your yoruba language
This guy is now making me Laff rather been angry, nna biko, how you want me to translate Yoruba word to Yoruba,, ok let me break it down cos you really need to learn,, eti means edge osa means lagoon, etiosa means edge of lagoon,, like a river bank or better still a lagoon bank.. Do you understand now lad. I forgive you sha I know it is in the blood

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jun 16, 2016
shogz89:
Bro obasuyi is also a Yoruba name. But that ogunsuyi cannot be a benin name, it can only come from some part of edo state majorly Akoko-Edo LGA but not benin so get my point.

Abeg go jump off a cliff.
Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jun 16, 2016
Karm16:

So Edos started adding Yoruba gods to their names abi una wan claim Ogun too? It wouldn't surprise me sha because it aint today Edos started adopting Yoruba names like one Modupe like that.

There's nothing wrong with cultures borrowing from each other. Edos borrow from Yoruba, Yorubas borrow from Edo. Ibo borrow from Edo and Ibibio and vice versa. It's OK. What is wrong is not giving credit to the source, even when its so obvious you copied.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Karm16: 11:44pm On Jun 16, 2016
Etinosajay:

Why didn't you translate it since?

Because you don't know.

You were waiting for your classmate to come and do your assignment for you, like you always do.

Because your ignorance amused me.

So what does Ogun mean in Edo?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Etinosajay(m): 11:45pm On Jun 16, 2016
Karm16:

Because your ignorance amused me.

So what does Ogun mean in Edo?

What doe ogunsuyi and ogunrobo mean in yoruba. You still haven't said it.

Or aren't you claiming it as yours anymore?

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Karm16: 11:46pm On Jun 16, 2016
russello:

Ogun is likely one of those many gods imported to benin from yoruba land just like ifa, sango, ayelala etc.
what do you mean by rubbish? why can't you show some decorum? We are all here to learn and not to be disrespectful to others view.
Trust me when i tell the binis bears Ogunsuyi (with meaning likely different from that of yoruba).
And I'm not disputing the fact that yorubas also bears the name Ogunsuyi (with meaning likely different from that of the binis).

Guy, no b quarrel na

So you now agree that Ogun was imported to Benin by Yorubas, but you don't think Ogunsuyi is a Yoruba name borrowed by Edos. Dudeeee grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Karm16: 11:47pm On Jun 16, 2016
Etinosajay:

What doe ogunsuyi and ogunrobo mean in yoruba. You still haven't said it.

Or aren't you claiming it as yours anymore?

grin grin

What does Ogun mean in Edo? What does Ogunsuyi mean in Edo?

Aren't you ashamed of yourself that you don't even know your culture?

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Crowd At Eko Atlantic Viewing Centre To Watch Nigeria Vs Iceland Match / Leon Balogun: "A Witch Led Me To Play For Nigeria" / Liverpool's Sadio Mane Snubs Jurgen Klopp Handshake After Man United Win(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.