Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,027 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Fraud Beware Of The Guy Called Gwillonlinemart On This Forum - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Fraud Beware Of The Guy Called Gwillonlinemart On This Forum (2800 Views)

Beware Of This Scammer / Re:beware Of Okoli Godswil A.k.a Gwillonlinemart He Is A 419 / Beware Of Okoli Godswil A.k.a Gwillonlinemart He Is A 419 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraud Beware Of The Guy Called Gwillonlinemart On This Forum by omosefeeguaibor(f): 11:10pm On Jun 16, 2016
It is with pain and embarrassment that I write this story I got myself into. I'm a final year student and being a finalist of course, you are given lots of work to accomplish before you graduate,ranging from project to assignments, term papers, research on various articles, e.t.c and of course, the best way to get this work easily done is having your own system i.e laptop.

And that was how I began my quest for laptop search, and because I frequent Nairaland I thought it was the best place to get what I was looking for at a reasonable cost. (But alas! I thought wrong) and so I got in touch with a guy called gwillonlinemart who is also a nairalander and he showed me specs of laptops available that my small money could afford,and I chose my choice (note I reside in Benin and he stays in Lagos) after making my choice, I made the mistake of transferring cash to him.

When the day to deliver my system came, I got something totally different from what I purchased, I called him and he apologized that it was an error, and asked me to waybill the system back to him, which I did and he promised he was going to give me the exact one I asked for.

And he began by giving me excuses that i should be patient and all,it is about one month now since I started having this issue, I tried to call the guy, his number is no longer connecting I have accepted my fate and I know I'm to be blamed for trusting him to deliver of which he failed, but I wouldn't want anyone to fall victim as I did with the same guy , his name is goodwill onyema okoli and this his number I've been using to get in touch with him 08164438784, 07055860341, but lately it has been switched off , I know he may think he might have had his way with me but karma will come knocking on his door soon.

Mods FP please this could save someone about to fall victim again.

2 Likes

Re: Fraud Beware Of The Guy Called Gwillonlinemart On This Forum by Icecream4U(m): 11:26pm On Jun 16, 2016
omosefeeguaibor:
It is with pain and embarrassment that I write this story I got myself into.I'm a final year student and being a finalist of course, you are given lots of work to accomplish before you graduate,ranging from project to assignments, term papers, research on various articles, e.t.c and of course, the best way to get this work easily done is having your own system i.e laptop. And that was how I began my quest for laptop search, and because I frequent Nairaland I thought it was the best place to get what I was looking for at a reasonable cost. (But alas! I thought wrong) and so I got in touch with a guy called gwillonlinemart who is also a nairalander and he showed me specs of laptops available that my small money could afford,and I chose my choice (note I reside in Benin and he stays in Lagos) after making my choice, I made the mistake of transferring cash to him. When the day to deliver my system came, I got something totally different from what I purchased, I called him and he apologized that it was an error, and asked me to waybill the system back to him, which I did and he promised he was going to give me the exact one I asked for. And he began by giving me excuses that i should be patient and all,it is about one month now since I started having this issue, I tried to call the guy, his number is no longer connecting I have accepted my fate and I know I'm too be blamed for trusting him to deliver of which he failed, but I wouldn't want anyone to fall victim as I did with the same guy , his name is goodwill onyema okoli and this his number I've been using to get in touch with him 08164438784, 07055860341, but lately it has been switched off , I know he may think he might have had his way with me but karma will come knocking on his door soon. Mods FP please this could save someone about to fall victim again.
Re: Fraud Beware Of The Guy Called Gwillonlinemart On This Forum by colossus2: 11:54pm On Jun 16, 2016
Re: Fraud Beware Of The Guy Called Gwillonlinemart On This Forum by Adesiji77: 12:05am On Jun 17, 2016
omosefeeguaibor:

Does his given name tally with the account name that you transferred the funds to?
Re: Fraud Beware Of The Guy Called Gwillonlinemart On This Forum by omosefeeguaibor(f): 12:08am On Jun 17, 2016
Adesiji77:

Does his given name tally with the account name that you transferred the funds to?
yes it does
Re: Fraud Beware Of The Guy Called Gwillonlinemart On This Forum by Nobody: 12:13am On Jun 17, 2016
omosefeeguaibor:
It is with pain and embarrassment that I write this story I got myself into.I'm a final year student and being a finalist of course, you are given lots of work to accomplish before you graduate,ranging from project to assignments, term papers, research on various articles, e.t.c and of course, the best way to get this work easily done is having your own system i.e laptop. And that was how I began my quest for laptop search, and because I frequent Nairaland I thought it was the best place to get what I was looking for at a reasonable cost. (But alas! I thought wrong) and so I got in touch with a guy called gwillonlinemart who is also a nairalander and he showed me specs of laptops available that my small money could afford,and I chose my choice (note I reside in Benin and he stays in Lagos) after making my choice, I made the mistake of transferring cash to him. When the day to deliver my system came, I got something totally different from what I purchased, I called him and he apologized that it was an error, and asked me to waybill the system back to him, which I did and he promised he was going to give me the exact one I asked for. And he began by giving me excuses that i should be patient and all,it is about one month now since I started having this issue, I tried to call the guy, his number is no longer connecting I have accepted my fate and I know I'm too be blamed for trusting him to deliver of which he failed, but I wouldn't want anyone to fall victim as I did with the same guy , his name is goodwill onyema okoli and this his number I've been using to get in touch with him 08164438784, 07055860341, but lately it has been switched off , I know he may think he might have had his way with me but karma will come knocking on his door soon. Mods FP please this could save someone about to fall victim again.

Godswill?! hahahaha!

actually sorry for your bad experience wink

I nearly bought a laptop from him earlier this month. I went to were he claimed his shop was at computer village. I gave him a call, only for the guy to start giving excuses that he was not around and that I should wait for him to come. He hung up and then called me back, and started giving me directions to go and meet someone near fidelity bank to sell me the item I wanted to purchase. I asked around the building if anyone knew a Godswill, the people there said no! that no shop owner there is named godswill. my dear I just bone am con waka. he's one of the worst marketers i've come across here. its just a pity that you fell into his hands. I should have raised alarm after my brief encounter with him.

1 Like

Re: Fraud Beware Of The Guy Called Gwillonlinemart On This Forum by omosefeeguaibor(f): 12:23am On Jun 17, 2016
coollabman:

Godswill?! hahahaha!

I nearly bought a laptop from him earlier this month. I went to were he claimed his shop was at computer village. I gave him a call, only for the guy to start giving excuses that he was not around and that I should wait for him to come. He hung up and then called me back, and started giving me directions to go and meet someone near fidelity bank to sell me the item I wanted to purchase. I asked around the building if anyone knew a Godswill, the people there said no! that no shop owner there is named godswill. my dear I just bone am con waka. he's one of the worst marketers i've come across here. its just a pity that you fell into his hands. I should have raised alarm after my brief encounter with him.
lucky you and unlucky me this is why I had to share my experience so as to avoid history repeating itself

2 Likes

Re: Fraud Beware Of The Guy Called Gwillonlinemart On This Forum by omosefeeguaibor(f): 12:25am On Jun 17, 2016
Adesiji77:

yes
Re: Fraud Beware Of The Guy Called Gwillonlinemart On This Forum by Nobody: 12:28am On Jun 17, 2016
omosefeeguaibor:
lucky you and unlucky me this is why I had to share my experience so as to avoid history repeating itself

go back to the thread he created click on the report button at the end of one of his posts. recount your experience to the mods or direct them to this thread you created. let him serve a very lengthy ban and probably have all his threads deleted or shut down

2 Likes

Re: Fraud Beware Of The Guy Called Gwillonlinemart On This Forum by omosefeeguaibor(f): 1:11am On Jun 17, 2016
coollabman:

go back to the thread he created click on the report button at the end of one of his posts. recount your experience to the mods or direct them to this thread you created. let him serve a very lengthy ban and probably have all his threads deleted or shut down
done that I hope the MODs do the needful to avoid stories that touches
Re: Fraud Beware Of The Guy Called Gwillonlinemart On This Forum by bobo65(m): 2:11am On Jun 17, 2016
Can't blv economic hardship has changed this guy.. .

From what u just narrated now, he obviously is what igbo ppl Cal "oso ahia".. Ppl dat collect stuffs from sellers and sell to other Ppl on the road side or somewhere to make a living.

A have a different number from the one u posted, I'll try it in d morning, it's saying" switched off" now, I'll let u know if it's still switched off in d day

omosefeeguaibor:

1 Like

Re: Fraud Beware Of The Guy Called Gwillonlinemart On This Forum by agarawu23(m): 4:12am On Jun 17, 2016
omosefeeguaibor:
i will blame u cos as a old member here u should take time to know honest sellers with positive reviews but u guys want cheap items and thats why u fall victim
Re: Fraud Beware Of The Guy Called Gwillonlinemart On This Forum by Proffdada: 4:53am On Jun 17, 2016
He actually has a long list of victims he swindled sad
you should have taken time to investigate him than his products
undecided

3 Likes

Re: Fraud Beware Of The Guy Called Gwillonlinemart On This Forum by akinmusi(m): 5:22am On Jun 17, 2016
Guys be careful.

There is guy that wants to sell infinix zero 3 for me here.

I asked for pics, but he kept sending me googled images as the phone pics.

I told him that's nt the real pics. He said that what I asked for and that's what they sell. (shei I mumu ni?)

I further pressured him. He asked me to wait. I thot the mofo wanted to send the real pic. I think he googled another and sent me. I laughed. (werrreey. This guy nor get brain at all).

I wanted to do as if I had fallen prey by asking him how to get it dispatched and paid. I felt no urge to. (I can remember his handle cos I priced many phones.)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraud Beware Of The Guy Called Gwillonlinemart On This Forum by akinmusi(m): 5:29am On Jun 17, 2016
More pics from conversation as he was sending me signed images from Google search engine.

I wanted to confirm if the signed name or brand is his company. He gave me a different name.

I checked the link on the image and traced it to the blog owner and there was no reference as I further discovered it was a foreign company or blogger.

Re: Fraud Beware Of The Guy Called Gwillonlinemart On This Forum by akinmusi(m): 5:34am On Jun 17, 2016
More

1 Like

Re: Fraud Beware Of The Guy Called Gwillonlinemart On This Forum by Adesiji77: 7:57am On Jun 17, 2016
omosefeeguaibor:

Cc: lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun

1 Like

Re: Fraud Beware Of The Guy Called Gwillonlinemart On This Forum by omosefeeguaibor(f): 8:33am On Jun 17, 2016
[quote author=bobo65 post=46644758]Can't blv economic hardship has changed this guy.. .

From what u just narrated now, he obviously is what igbo ppl Cal "oso ahia".. Ppl dat collect stuffs from sellers and sell to other Ppl on the road side or somewhere to make a living.

A have a different number from the one u posted, I'll try it in d morning, it's saying" switched off" now, I'll let u know if it's still switched off in d day
I don't mind if you can send me the other number of his you have
Re: Fraud Beware Of The Guy Called Gwillonlinemart On This Forum by bobo65(m): 8:37am On Jun 17, 2016
[quote author=omosefeeguaibor post=46649608][/quote]

Seems like d guy is in d wind o

Number is still off +234 816 443 8785

1 Like

Re: Fraud Beware Of The Guy Called Gwillonlinemart On This Forum by ceejay80s(m): 8:37am On Jun 17, 2016
Re: Fraud Beware Of The Guy Called Gwillonlinemart On This Forum by bobo65(m): 8:44am On Jun 17, 2016
If to say u fall for this cheap scam
I for yab u eh grin

This one is all over the place
They choose badagry as their location cos it's far

Tell u to pay like 50% before delivery
Cheap scam
akinmusi:
Guys be careful.

There is guy that wants to sell infinix zero 3 for me here.

I asked for pics, but he kept sending me googled images as the phone pics.

I told him that's nt the real pics. He said that what I asked for and that's what they sell. (shei I mumu ni?)

I further pressured him. He asked me to wait. I thot the mofo wanted to send the real pic. I think he googled another and sent me. I laughed. (werrreey. This guy nor get brain at all).

I wanted to do as if I had fallen prey by asking him how to get it dispatched and paid. I felt no urge to. (I can remember his handle cos I priced many phones.)

1 Like

Re: Fraud Beware Of The Guy Called Gwillonlinemart On This Forum by omosefeeguaibor(f): 8:48am On Jun 17, 2016
bobo65:

Seems like d guy is in d wind o

Number is still off +234 816 443 8785
its the same number I posted thanks for your effort
Re: Fraud Beware Of The Guy Called Gwillonlinemart On This Forum by omosefeeguaibor(f): 9:27am On Jun 17, 2016
agarawu23:
i will blame u cos as a old member here u should take time to know honest sellers with positive reviews but u guys want cheap items and thats why u fall victim
and I'm not saying I'm not to blame I shared my experience to avoid others falling into this same ordeal
Re: Fraud Beware Of The Guy Called Gwillonlinemart On This Forum by akinmusi(m): 9:39am On Jun 17, 2016
Adesiji77:

Cc: lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun

Lala bawo? This thread nor get snake.

2 Likes

Re: Fraud Beware Of The Guy Called Gwillonlinemart On This Forum by aieromon(m): 1:04pm On Jun 20, 2016
The guyman has started deleting his posts...

https://www.nairaland.com/gwillonlinemart/posts

1 Like

Re: Fraud Beware Of The Guy Called Gwillonlinemart On This Forum by colossus2: 1:14pm On Jun 20, 2016
aieromon:
The guyman has started deleting his posts...

https://www.nairaland.com/gwillonlinemart/posts
Nope.
I think the mods hid all the threads he opened. Reason for his hidden comments.
Re: Fraud Beware Of The Guy Called Gwillonlinemart On This Forum by invisibility: 1:22pm On Jun 20, 2016
omosefeeguaibor:

His account details of the bank you paid into has a detail of his address and other info.

Lias with a bank staff or police to trace and nab him.

All you people sha that agree to pay for goods you have not seen or inspected.
Re: Fraud Beware Of The Guy Called Gwillonlinemart On This Forum by uboma(m): 6:19am On Aug 25, 2017
@ omosefeeguaibor,

Any update on this case.

did you eventually receive the actual laptop you paid for?
Re: Fraud Beware Of The Guy Called Gwillonlinemart On This Forum by omosefeeguaibor(f): 8:24am On Aug 25, 2017
uboma:
@ omosefeeguaibor,

Any update on this case.

did you eventually receive the actual laptop you paid for?
Well I had to travel down to lagos that period, and it turned out that the said guy has absconded with my money, infact his family members complained of his fraudulent act, I had to buy a new one, funny enough the said guy's number is going through now, I've decided to let the matter go. Thanks for asking
Re: Fraud Beware Of The Guy Called Gwillonlinemart On This Forum by uboma(m): 9:31am On Aug 25, 2017
omosefeeguaibor:
Well I had to travel down to lagos that period, and it turned out that the said guy has absconded with my money, infact his family members complained of his fraudulent act, I had to buy a new one, funny enough the said guy's number is going through now, I've decided to let the matter go. Thanks for asking

Sorry for your loss

1 Like

Re: Fraud Beware Of The Guy Called Gwillonlinemart On This Forum by raski04(m): 9:53am On Aug 25, 2017

Godswill?! hahahaha!

. Where did he tell you he stays in computer village?
Re: Fraud Beware Of The Guy Called Gwillonlinemart On This Forum by omosefeeguaibor(f): 11:07am On Aug 25, 2017
uboma:

Sorry for your loss
Thank you oo

(1) (2) (Reply)

⏳⏰40 Inches Samsung 4k Ultra Hd Smart Tv.❗️❗️❗️✔️ / Thinkpad T450s With 16hrs Battery Backup for Sale SOLD SOLD / SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.